PDA

View Full Version : Duo: The resurection

Chosuke
12-23-2002, 10:39 AM
I was sitting here at mah computer,well actually my Grandma's computer.. since I just arrived in vancouver yesterday ^^;
And I was pondering on fixing up and bringing back my first costume ever,the Ghetto Duo.

I don't know exactly how I can spiffy it up,or if I should even take the time to do it.
I don't really know how popular he is anymore and if the thing can be salvaged into something better ^^;

That's where you people come in to help me decide.
Mainly because my brain is fuzzy and I'm on a small GW kick after seeing Endless Waltz again last night.

<edit> If you want to see the bugger just check my gallery. </edit>

Hikaru Tsuki
12-23-2002, 01:46 PM
Duo was my first costume as well, and I've always pondered about revamping it. The best way to go about it is to probably add the gold lion designs on the sides (like in the GW intros). And, if you didn't have his poofy pants, make the pants. Or, for more fun, you can just add a prop scythe to the costume.

Rosiel
12-23-2002, 01:55 PM
Not the scythe. X__X It reeks of fandom and is overdone.

But a good costume, like it was mentioned, with the gold lions and nice pants/braid etc. would be nice. Although I have to admit, while I am a huge GW fan, I am a little fed up of all the Duos we used to see at a con. So I'd say don't wear it unless you fix it. Everyone has had their fill of ghetto Duos.

Sami
12-23-2002, 02:32 PM
I think I'm one of the few who hasn't seen 57329 Duo's.. ^^; Maybe it's because I'm relatively new to the cosplay scene. .. Wait, I saw one at AnimeUSA.. I think that's all.

If you really want to do it, why not try the Endless Waltz outfit with the red shirt? I can agree that the black outfit can get pretty boring.. ^^

( Don't tell anyone, but I'd LOVE to cosplay EW Wufei some day, barring the fact that I'm not asian in the least, LOL ^_^;; )

Chosuke
12-23-2002, 03:05 PM
I think that maybe adding the golden lion's is the way I'll go then.
They are pretty cool and at least a change from the normal B&W costume everyone is so used to seeing.

But this will happen after I finish that Doujin Wufei I promised mah Wifey Phoebe ^^;

P.S Anyone have a good frontal picture of the design? Or willing to give me a hitn as to get them on there without looking Ghetto ^^;

Schu
12-25-2002, 01:29 PM
Wear black bat wings!! It's so cute when cosplayers do that ^__^

Babbit_Chan
12-25-2002, 04:00 PM
The gold lions are so overlooked - it would be great to see them ^_~