PDA

View Full Version : Why the switch?

RoseDuelist
12-23-2002, 10:58 AM
I'm not sure if anyone else has asked this because I have been gone for a long time and I just heard about it recently. They switched from Long Beach to Anaheim, why? Personally I liked Long Beach better. It was more beautiful near the ocean. Besides, IT WAS IN THE SAME PLACE AS MY SCHOOL'S WINTER FORMAL!! That was just cool. The place upstairs where they had two theatres, one of them they showed Hellsing and Love Hina, was exactly where my winter formal was held. Coolness... at least Anaheim is closer to my house by, like, 8 miles or something.

Anyway, back on topic now.. Anyone know why they changed?

SohjiroX
12-23-2002, 11:10 AM
heard since it moved away they talked to the people back at the Anh. one and got the ok to move back,and that long beach was to much or something for AX, they just didn't like how many people were going back and forth late at night at times or so, just a rumor down here.

Sana-chan
12-23-2002, 12:52 PM
I heard it had something to do w/ the fire marshall and that we were fire hazards @_@. Weirdness lol. They shoulda put us in that half of the convention of Long Beach that they had us in back in 01.

LionBoogy
12-23-2002, 01:24 PM
The decision for Anaheim location was made a long time ago back in 2000 when we were at Disneyland Hotel and Convention Center. The ACC was still being rebuilt in 1999 and was booked solid throughout 2001-2002. 2003 was our open spot and we're sticking with that. If you haven't been there, you should go see it. It's REALLY big and nice. :) Bottom line: We needed a location that could sustain more than 20,000 people and was a logistically safe and convenient location for security and transportation.

- Lionel

Morrissey
12-23-2002, 04:58 PM
Besides Lionel, the Anaheim Hilton just kicks ass! Everything is so close together! Walking distance to food places like Carl's. Can't wait to see the remodeled convention center.

RoseDuelist
12-23-2002, 07:35 PM
Well, I've never been to that convention center before except seeing it from the street. Maybe it will be nice.. I'm just partial to Long Beach. I see to much of Anaheim for it to really be special for me. I practically lived there when I was younger (annual pass to D-Land and such). Perhaps it will be a totally new experience for me. Anime always changes my views on things.. *hugs Anime DVD's and Mangas*

dianannsano
12-28-2002, 12:29 AM
Yea, I heard AX was moved to Long Beach Convention Center a few years ago because the Anaheim Convention Center was going through renovation to become larger to sustain more people... And now since the renovations are over, they're moving AX back to the Anaheim Convention Center... I love it there! So beautiful... Plus, you somehow feel a whole lot superior when cosplaying next to Disneyland... The only downside is that it's going to be hotter since it's not near the beach... But oh well!