PDA

View Full Version : Gundam wing cosplay group at A-kon16

hanyou741
11-28-2004, 10:59 PM
Hiya people ^^! I was thinkin if we could get a gundam wing group going at A-kon, it would be cool, ne? we can have doubles of the same peeps, i don't mind. But can we try not to have like a thousound Duos^^;, but other than that, just tell me who and i'll mark it down ^^.

so far:
Heero Yuy:Solo(one of my friends)
Duo Maxwell: Me

yea, not a lot, but i'm hoping it will grow, like i said there can be more than one of the same character.

Yusuke Urameshi
11-30-2004, 02:52 AM
I'll be Heero as well....for a little while atleast

hanyou741
11-30-2004, 10:39 PM
Yay, ok i'll mark it down ^^ thanx!

So far:
Heero Yuy: Solo and Yusuke Urameshi
Duo Maxwell: Me

hanyou741
12-29-2004, 07:30 PM
Man, I guess not that many people like Gundam wing anymore,I wonder if theres gonna be any gundam cosplayers walking around....

komadori
01-04-2005, 11:59 PM
Dude, if I had time, I'd do a Lady Une costume, but I'm already full as it is. Sorry. I'll look for you at A-kon!

FruBaNoKyo
01-05-2005, 05:28 PM
i may not be making it to a-kon *crosses fingers* but, i'm still not for sure on my cosplays, if i do go.... maybe, just maybe.... with the right coersion, i can talk my best friend out of one of the others.... I LOVE Gundam Wing.... (though I tend to get all SQUEE around Duo cosplayers.... ^^; ) I'll get back to ya'll if I can, because I would LOVE to.

hanyou741
01-06-2005, 05:55 PM
Yay!! its ok Komadori, I understand but if ya ever can let me know ^^! I hope you can come FruBaNoKyo, iif you and if you do cosplay, who are you gonna cosplay as? Tell me when you get the chance, ok? I'm really glad that people are actually looking at this, I know not many people like gundam Wing anymore, but I still love it ^^. Let me know how everything turns out FruBaNoKyo ^^!
p.s : Feel free to Im me, and I now have YIM (yahoo IM).
AIM: hanyou761
YIM: hanyouduo741

FruBaNoKyo
01-08-2005, 03:20 AM
Yay!! its ok Komadori, I understand but if ya ever can let me know ^^! I hope you can come FruBaNoKyo, iif you and if you do cosplay, who are you gonna cosplay as? Tell me when you get the chance, ok? I'm really glad that people are actually looking at this, I know not many people like gundam Wing anymore, but I still love it ^^. Let me know how everything turns out FruBaNoKyo ^^!
p.s : Feel free to Im me, and I now have YIM (yahoo IM).
AIM: hanyou761
YIM: hanyouduo741

I'll be sure to IM you when i know for sure if we are going or not, but i convinced my best frined to cosplay GW!!! you can put me down for Duo, and her as Catherine. ^^

hanyou741
01-08-2005, 11:05 AM
YAY! ^^ ok I shall do that!

Heero Yuy: Solo, Yusuke Urameshi
Duo Maxwell: Me, FruBaNoKyo
Cathrine Bloom:FruBaNoKyo's Friend (srry I don't know your name)

rayn
01-09-2005, 12:17 AM
YAY! ^^ ok I shall do that!

Heero Yuy: Solo, Yusuke Urameshi
Duo Maxwell: Me, FruBaNoKyo
Cathrine Bloom:FruBaNoKyo's Friend (srry I don't know your name)>.< ..... I'm the other friend...... Rachel

hanyou741
01-09-2005, 03:15 PM
ok, Hiya! I'll fix that then

Heero Yuy:Solo, Yusuke Urameshi
Duo Maxwell:me, FruBaNoKyo
Cathrine Bloom: Rachel

There, hehe...anyone else?

FruBaNoKyo
01-30-2005, 02:02 AM
so any thought as to which day/what time we'd gather? (feel free to IM me at AIM:FruBaNoKyo, YIM: johnnydandanimefreak)

hanyou741
01-30-2005, 09:27 PM
I have no Idea yet, I have another group of friends who are cosplaying as gundam wing, so there are gonna be more people ^_^

FruBaNoKyo
01-31-2005, 12:09 AM
woo hoo people!!

hanyou741
01-31-2005, 12:37 PM
yup, all I know right now, theres gonna be another Heero, two more Duos, a Solo, I know theres more but I'll have to make sure. I'm going as the episode zero Duo, another Duo (one of my very good friends) is going as the preventer Duo, then theres another girl (I havn't met yet) shes going as the EW Duo. Ok, my friend solo has decided (and hopefully stays) with the idea of going as Solo. When I find out if my other friends are cosplaying as Gw char.s I'll tell yall.^_^, I never thought it would get this big, too bad we don't have any ozzies, then we can have a war,lol

rayn
01-31-2005, 03:52 PM
lol that would be awesome..... i havn't decided which duo i want to do, but it's either doing to be the regular duo or maybe duo in a school uniform.... though i've still got my options open asto which one.... though, i'll make sure to let you know!

rayn
01-31-2005, 03:52 PM
(oops... that was supposed to be from frubanokyo)

hanyou741
01-31-2005, 08:29 PM
yay! lol, oki doki

hanyou741
01-31-2005, 08:37 PM
oh yea, sorry, but we can't all stay in a room together, I've already promised my other friends that I'd stay with them in a room. I'm really sorry I didn't say this sooner..^^;;;..sorry!

FruBaNoKyo
03-26-2005, 04:35 AM
oh! Rach and I are considering a bit of a change for ours... lol i know we're still considering Duo and Cathrine.... but we're also considering me Quatre, her Duo.... >_< heck, we may even be doing both! ^_^;;;;

hanyou741
04-02-2005, 08:18 PM
thats cool,I don't mind, but theres a chance that I might not be going. I'm having transportation problems ^^;;;;. So I'm not sure yet, but if you want to change your cosplay, go ahead I can't stop you ^^. I've never seen a Quatre before,lol. But I'm still going as episode zero duo, so if the group thing doesn't work out, and if you see a episode zeronduo walking around, its me...that is..if I get to go.

FruBaNoKyo
04-03-2005, 03:43 PM
lol is cool, babe! if you need a ride..... depending on where you are... >_< like if it is between IN and the con, or not too terribly far away... rach and i may be able to give you a ride... ^_^ (i'll IM ya next time you're on... and we can discuss it then.. lol) and yeah.... i saw one quatre at otakon last year.. ^_^

hanyou741
04-07-2005, 08:04 AM
that is if my mom will let me get in the car...evil parents

FruBaNoKyo
04-07-2005, 12:51 PM
*clears throat* oh... uhhh.. yeah... i forgot about that... >_<;;;;;

Yusuke Urameshi
04-07-2005, 02:48 PM
lol, just say that the stranger who wants to give you a ride is offering candy if you get inside.

besides that......

I'm like 99% sure I'll be able to go now (as Heero). So if yall want to make a group photoshoot or something, I'll see if I can make it.....hopefully we can aranage a time which doesnt interfere with concerts or anything.

FruBaNoKyo
04-08-2005, 07:21 PM
lol make it pocky, she's sure to understand, then! ^_^ and... still aint sure who i'm going as... may be heero now... >_< damn the indeciciveness of it all!!

hanyou741
04-10-2005, 10:03 PM
lol, *goes into a daze* pooooooocky...lol, I'm still working on it, if i do go, I'll be with a lot of other gundam wing people, they're great

MaxwellsDemon
04-26-2005, 09:19 PM
I'm going to be Duo at the Gundam Wing party at A-kon this year. Its the 10 year anniversary party. My friend and I are hosting it. Make sure to check for the GW party listing!

maridah
04-27-2005, 12:21 AM
Hmm...I went as Relena at A-kon 13 and Animefest along with my now-fiance as Heero. We both decided not to cosplay GW again. Not worth the harrasment, plus we cosplayed it long enough. Maybe you guys will have a better experience than we now that the fandom has died down.
There was a large amount of people cosplaying GW when we did it, maybe you all can revive that ^_^
A little warning to the guys who are going as Heero. You are very brave if you will be sporting spandex. Mike got groped up by too many fans, he was not too happy...That might be up your alley, or it might not. Just be warned it might happen. It's less likely now that not every 14-year old girl knows who you are, but there are some large old men that you need to be worried about XD

Yusuke Urameshi
04-27-2005, 01:32 PM
lol XD.....oh crap....thanks for the warning. I am one of those said Heero's with ass tight spandex. I better make sure and improve on my rabid fangirl senses before I go. ^_^;

maridah
04-27-2005, 05:35 PM
Oh man do you need to. He was groped and propositioned in his spandex so many times, and you always could tell where he was because there was a following or girls around the poor guy. He had some underage chick try to get him up to her room...*shakes head* But hey, if you like having an instant fan club, you are in luck!
I have to say, you are very very brave. I'm sure if Mike sees you, he will give you a pat on the back for it.
I can't tell you how many times he used me as a fangirl shield. Nothing repels the 14 year olds like Relena! *smirk*
Honestly, it is the old guys you need to dodge though... scarrrry...Mike got fondled in the dealer room. He was damaged goods for the rest of the con. *laugh* I'm shocked I was able to get him back in that costume for Animefest!
Perosnally, I think he got it easy in comparison to me...I was actually kicked and that was some of the better harrasment I received!
Don't get me wrong, I'm sure you will have fun. We all did that year, despite everything!

Yusuke Urameshi
04-27-2005, 06:58 PM
XD *damaged goods*

....I'll see this as a challenge...

maridah
04-28-2005, 11:01 PM
XD *damaged goods*

....I'll see this as a challenge...
Good for you! I'll be looking for you now so I can take your picture. Male Heeros are rare.
I actually have to give you major kudos for the spandex. Now, just don't do what we did, and go to a nice restaurant dressed like that. It freaks out the norms ^_^ Actually, do it. :bigtu: I was funny. Everyone looked so confused when we walked by.
And yes, damaged goods summed him up pretty well after that XD It's been several years, and I still make fun of him for it. I'm so supportive *wicked grin*

FruBaNoKyo
05-30-2005, 03:55 PM
XD omg, i'm so sad... both of my gw costumes i had in the works got scrapped.... wait... i might be able to toss together a duo.... lol it will be totally un acurate... but so long as you people don't mind, i'd still ove to join you... but say... when are we getting together? i mean... rach and i hop on our bus on wed, so i'd kinda like to know.. >_<

LadyAmaryllis
05-31-2005, 02:27 PM
Hmm....I have an ancient Lady Une costume I think I might pull out. I've only worn it twice xD I've never been to a Gundam gathering, that would be fun. I'm only going to be at the con on Saturday though...does that work?

FruBaNoKyo
05-31-2005, 04:52 PM
ummm... i was hoping for friday, because i have a fruba gathering saturday....

FruBaNoKyo
05-31-2005, 04:54 PM
though, i guess we could get together on saturday, and i can still do duo on friday... lol i'd hate for you to have to miss out on this gathering.

LadyAmaryllis
05-31-2005, 08:53 PM
well, either way ^^; I can only go on Saturday. Let me know because I'm packing tomorrow and I barely can fit everything /wah

FruBaNoKyo
05-31-2005, 11:37 PM
well... i suppose saturday will work... i could slip my duo outfit on over my tohru outfit. lol so how about saturday at umm... how does 4:00 sound? and we could meet at the same place as my fruba group, because it sounds like a nice, uncrowded place. it's outside the resturant aparently there is a black marble area with benchs and such... it's like right outside of the hotel, so we'd be out of the way of the congoers... does that sound good to everyone?

LadyAmaryllis
05-31-2005, 11:52 PM
If I can fit my lady une into my bag, I'm so there. ^__^ I'll do my best. Prolly like a 90 percent chance I'll be there. <3 Saturday at 4! w00t!

FruBaNoKyo
05-31-2005, 11:55 PM
yay! <33 saturday at 4! (omg i can't wait... we're heading out tomarrow afternoon.. ^_^ yay!)