PDA

View Full Version : A gathering of Florida cosplayers, perhaps?

Pages : [1] 2

Arisa
12-23-2002, 09:32 PM
Okay, I definitely think that all of us Florida cosplayers need to get together sometime (not just at a con, either). Who agrees? Maybe we could schedule something. **looks hopeful** oo;

childdoll
12-26-2002, 12:42 PM
Sure, I'm all about hanging out sometime. ^_^

yuffieleonheart
12-26-2002, 07:51 PM
that would be fun ^.^

katrinastrife
12-26-2002, 10:07 PM
When and where?

PretearWink
12-27-2002, 03:31 PM
That'd be so great^_^

psythe
12-28-2002, 01:41 PM
Depending on the date/time/place, I'll see what's up ^_^

yuffieleonheart
12-28-2002, 03:22 PM
anybody have an idea were we could meet?

PretearWink
12-29-2002, 06:30 PM
Don't let this thread die!

How many would like to/are able to get to:

Sarasota
Orlando
Miami
Kissimee
Fort Lauderdale
Tampa
Tallahasee
St. Armands

...that's all I can think off the top of my head... ^^;;

I can get to any of these! Let's have a huge photoshoot together! C'mon, everyone post as many places as possible and we'll try to schedual a time!

yuffieleonheart
12-29-2002, 07:20 PM
well i live in orlando and somehow since i can't drive i propbraly can't get out of town ;-; maybe we could decide on one of the cities and maybe a park or a mall or something along those lines ^^

katrinastrife
12-29-2002, 09:55 PM
I live in the official middle of nowhere, secnd only to Pine Lakes... I live in Deltona... Which is pretty close to Daytona... ^_^ But, I could get to Altimonte, or Orlando, if I can get a ride...

psythe
12-30-2002, 10:08 AM
I live in Orlando, can pretty much get to most places. Won't be in costume if it's anytime soon. But that doesn't mean I can't take photos :D

PretearWink
12-30-2002, 10:56 AM
Ok, so Orlando's not looking half bad so far ^^

Let's see if we can get 15 people together^^

I'll see if I can borrow some nice camera equipment from my art teacher if we can all pull this together ^^

More people post!

yuffieleonheart
12-30-2002, 01:54 PM
ok orlando is looking good as soon as we get a place and date we'll make a list like wink said don't let this thread die!!!

psythe
12-30-2002, 01:58 PM
Anyone been to Harry P Leu Gardens? It's gorgeous and would be good for some of you wanting to do the photo thing. It's fairly close to downtown Orlando.

PretearWink
12-30-2002, 03:22 PM
Good idea Psyth! And maybe a tentative March or April for everyone? I've been to those gardens, they are just gorgeous^_^

psythe
12-30-2002, 03:26 PM
Sure I can see March or April :D

yuffieleonheart
12-30-2002, 05:40 PM
sounds good it would be kewl to have it more than once so that we could use our different costumes or is there a place that we could change or something? hehe we have to make sure it won't rain that day

katrinastrife
12-30-2002, 06:17 PM
March or April would be great! We'll have costumes done by then, too!

Remember, everyone, gotta make sure you get to Megacon (End of Feb~March1st), and the other central florida cons! (Jacon, Anime Express, AFO, and the new to the scene MetroCon in Tampa)! Keep me posted, nya!

PretearWink
12-30-2002, 06:17 PM
Maybe we could even try to get together a big group of one thing....but that's just me dreaming, perhaps ^^;

Multiple costumes sounds like a good idea! I'm sure there is a park bathroom we could change into and out of while there^_^

psythe
12-30-2002, 06:22 PM
In the spring the Rose garden will be just O_O wow.....

yuffieleonheart
12-30-2002, 06:54 PM
ooooh! i just can't wait for that ^.^ it'll be so much fun

PretearWink
12-30-2002, 07:05 PM
I think March 23rd is the official first day of Spring...someone correct me if I'm wrong ^^;;

Wanna shoot for that? :angel:

psythe
12-30-2002, 07:16 PM
Would seem appropriate *nods*

FF7 in the gardens? Not sure if everyone would have FF7 costumes, but it's one of the more common ^_^

yuffieleonheart
12-30-2002, 07:33 PM
the closest from ff7 i get is yuffie and i will have her kingdom heart costume. as for the date well i will need a ride so i gotta see if my parents are working ^^; we should try for a weekend and i think that the 23rd is a sunday so that's good.

psythe
12-30-2002, 07:43 PM
Then perhaps just Final Fantasy in general, or Squaresoft in general.

yuffieleonheart
12-30-2002, 07:48 PM
yeah that would be great ^^ cuz all my costumes are ff related or kingdom hearts

PretearWink
12-30-2002, 09:17 PM
I have a Tifa Lockheart and Quistis Trepe (complete with real chainmail whip) available for that! (Check my gallery for piccies :angel: )

But we need more people O.O

Does anyone have any ideas on how to better "spread the word" without making it too huge? (Considering a cosplaylab census shows that there are over 300 cosplaying Floridians) ^^

psythe
12-30-2002, 09:28 PM
I'll bring Reno more than likely as it will be the most comfortable in the weather.

Errrr...Well Megacon is in between here and there. Could say something to people and clubs there. Do you go to any of the orlando clubs? I attend Animesushi.

yuffieleonheart
12-30-2002, 10:06 PM
wink is right if we have too many people the pics don't come out so well and then there might be problems ya never know but maybe just asking some people at megacon would be ok

katrinastrife
12-31-2002, 01:08 AM
There's this guy who goes by Maboroshi who helps put together photshoots, and he takes really good pictures. You might wanna ask him about helping out...

I dunno. I don't Have an FF7/Square costume. The only one Ihave planned is Kuja, which is a loooong way off...

psythe
12-31-2002, 07:17 AM
Yeah his site is www.risingsun.net

He's great

EDIT: Or at least that was the link O_o;; Doesn't seem to work right now.....

EDIT2: Cripes, isn't Maboroshi's site called risingsun.net? can anyone correct me?

yuffieleonheart
12-31-2002, 12:01 PM
ok so maybe this should be anime and video games photo shoot not just ff

PretearWink
12-31-2002, 03:08 PM
It is...but he must be remodeling or something right now...-_-

Mabaroshi is awesome, but he's been having photoshoots ToBeAnounced for a long time now ;.; I think we can pull this off by ourselves ^^

Edit: Oh, and I agree, any costume is great! But if we could have a group piccy of Sqauresoft and character interaction where possible, that'd be great too^_^ We just need more people ;.;

yuffieleonheart
12-31-2002, 05:25 PM
i agree with ya wink all costumes welcome but a photo of an ff group would be great^^

katrinastrife
12-31-2002, 08:51 PM
^_^;; Well, I love taking pictures, but I'm not very good just yet. I guess if I'm not FF, I can take pictures ^_^;; Besides, I'm kinda camera shy... But not... ^_^;;

Anyway, I wanna get the Kuja costume done, this coming year, if I can (sounds like a new years resolution, ne?), so I could be EEEEVIL!

Well, come to think of it, I DO have a crossdressed cloud dress... sorta ^^;; it's very cheap, and my wig was styled with glue (I don't plan to wear it again.) But, I guess it would fit well with the flower thing?

yuffieleonheart
12-31-2002, 09:46 PM
lol any costumes will work but i would like to see your cross dressed cloud ^^

yuffieleonheart
01-01-2003, 08:24 PM
hmm just a thought (for later on) maybe after we take this one later on we could have another shoot at the beach. just a thought

PretearWink
01-01-2003, 09:09 PM
Need....more....people.....;.;

This'll be so much fun!

psythe
01-01-2003, 09:23 PM
How many are there now? Like 4? O_o;;

katrinastrife
01-01-2003, 09:33 PM
Beach! OMG, that would be a ton of fun! ... Except for the sand.

But, we ought to go out to the jetti near Daytona Beach! We might be able to get cool pictures there...

yuffieleonheart
01-01-2003, 09:51 PM
well let's see whe need a list of members

arisa
me
katrina
wink
psyth

so it looks like only a few. we need more people definitly -_- ;
but yeah a beach shoot later on would be so much fun. i would love to get some pics of as yuna in the beach i could perform a sending lol^^ any idea were we could get some more cosplayers?

PretearWink
01-01-2003, 10:29 PM
I thought of posting on cosplaylab...but I'm afraid that it'll get too huge to handle ^^ Maybe (since the Others section at the bottom of the con links is kinda a smaller one) we should post a call-out to all people here that are Florida cosplayers in a dif place (like General Chat or something) to come and take a look at this one...it might catch the attention of a few more, what do you think? ^^

psythe
01-01-2003, 10:34 PM
Sure that would be cool, justa post with the link of this post ^_^

posting at cosplaylab probably would result in a massive gathering :)

scandia
01-02-2003, 06:50 AM
Sounds great. I live in Jacksonville but can drive pretty much anywhere.

katrinastrife
01-02-2003, 07:17 AM
Ah yes, cosplaylab.com... Definitly get a big response with that...

but remember, if we go to the beach in Spring, we might wanna bring our own food, or something... The prices'll be all touristy. Speaking of which, we might get approached by foreigners (to Florida, the USA, AND cosplay ^^;;) wondering what on earth we're doing...

...Like that's stopped us before...

^_^;;

psythe
01-02-2003, 07:33 AM
Spring would be preferable for any beach gatherings, I don't think anyone wants to be in full costume at the beach in the middle of the summer in Florida O_o;;

PretearWink
01-02-2003, 08:50 AM
I went to downtown Disney in my full Rabi-en-Rose costume...and no one even blinked! We walked around (my friend who was Puchiko) and ate churros and stuff, and we didn't even get a single weird glance or double-take. I guess they were all just kind of costume jaded ^^;

Er...and swinging back into topic...

One more person! Yay! I think bringing snacks and such is a good idea, but do more people want to do it at the garden or at the beach? Maybe we could swing by both, but that might be a little hectic if we did that ^^;

I vote garden for the first time, I just think it's a more neutral place as far as varied costumes are concerned^_^

makio
01-02-2003, 12:18 PM
-peers out of the woodwork-

...doing what and where? x_o?

psythe
01-02-2003, 01:02 PM
I vote for garden, still undecided whether I would attend a beach gathering.

PretearWink
01-02-2003, 01:09 PM
Makio twist: We are thinking of a Florida cosplay shoot with just some of us from cosplay.com in Orlando on the first day of spring (late March) d'ya think you could make it or have any other suggestions? ^^ :angel:

yuffieleonheart
01-02-2003, 01:20 PM
hai i agree with you guys that cosplaylab will just get way to many people. and as for that i thought we could go to that park that psyth was talking about in the spring and the beach later on. lol maybe i should go to disney in my yuffie kh and get a pic with goofey or donald lol. when we get a few more cosplayers i'll make another list of members.

makio
01-02-2003, 02:21 PM
er...yeah, I'm in! Just keep me informed on location or costume theme.

katrinastrife
01-02-2003, 02:41 PM
That'd be cool! I'd love to do a KH costume!

^^;; But, now that I have wig prices, I have to get saving for one for one of those, for my other costumes... X__X Why are wigs so expensive...

PretearWink
01-02-2003, 02:47 PM
So far we're thinking about the Harry P Leu Gardens (Orlando) on March 23rd with hopes of getting together a bunch of Squaresoft/FF costumes together, but it's not necessary to have one to join!

:angel:

Harle Quinn
01-02-2003, 02:53 PM
This sounds like a great idea! It gives the chance for great minds to get together and exchange ideas.

And, if you guys don't mind a not-so-great mind, then I can join you!

So, if newbies don't bother you too much, then, count me in!

PretearWink
01-02-2003, 02:57 PM
Yay! Another member! Start that count again Yuffie! :angel:

yuffieleonheart
01-02-2003, 04:13 PM
ok^^ here's a currennt list
arisa
me
psyth
wink
katrina
makio
harle
scandia

did i miss anyone? ok i was wondering if you guys could give a list of costumes? that way we know who's what. it's ok if you're not sure what coostumes you'll wear yet^^

psythe
01-02-2003, 04:24 PM
I'll be bringing my Reno costume along and my camera, that's it. I'm travelling light :D

PretearWink
01-02-2003, 04:35 PM
I'll bring Tifa and Quistis (for ff shots)

Mylene definitely ^^ <--my baby project

Kotori too if any X people will be there^^

Hey, does anyone think we should give this photoshoot a name? :angel:

Florida's cosplay.com forum photoshoot! The FCCF photoshoot^^;

..er...that's a bit long, huh? ^^;

Does anyone have a cute name for it?

yuffieleonheart
01-02-2003, 04:35 PM
i would love to take my three costumes but they would be such a hassle i will probrably wear one and take the other one with me and ofcourse my camera ^^
costumes= yuna ffx-2 and yuffie kh (but i wish i could bring my summoner outfit ;_;)

yuffieleonheart
01-02-2003, 05:01 PM
hmm a name well we don't have a theme since we haven't decided if it is gonna be square/ final fantasy or anything goes.
but i dunno i'll try to come up with an idea

Arisa
01-02-2003, 05:08 PM
I don't think we should do a theme... it'd be too hard for me to get a costume, and I don't wanna be left out. ;-; I plan on going as Fuu.

Leu Gardens is nice, but (this is just a suggestion, I dunno if anyone'll really go for it) what about Jay Blanchard Park? Really nice place, there's trees and a lake (can't swim in it though) and a YMCA building and stuff... oo;

PretearWink
01-02-2003, 05:12 PM
How about the Anything Goes Photoshoot? ^^; 'Cause of the Ranma style school of training...and it's reminiscent of anime...babble...ramble....

*hides* I'm bad at this naming thing...^^;

Can anyone else vouch for Jay Blanchard over Leu? I haven't been to the other ^^

yuffieleonheart
01-02-2003, 05:15 PM
hmm i'm new to orlando so i don't really now ^^;
wink i like the name it's cute we should go with that "Anything Goes Photoshoot" that sounds good to me

psythe
01-02-2003, 05:27 PM
No Leu Gardens is 10 times as gorgeous with tons of photo spots to choose from. I have seen both, Blanchard is a nice park, but for this purpose I would say Leu in a heartbeat.

yuffieleonheart
01-02-2003, 05:52 PM
do u have pics of the garden i would love to see them. since you guys say it's so pretty then i'm with you guys. so my vote is for leu gardens.

psythe
01-02-2003, 05:57 PM
http://www.leugardens.org/

Not much in the way of photos but you can check this out.

yuffieleonheart
01-02-2003, 06:11 PM
oh wow i searched for some pics on google and it looks lovely ^^ i can't wait

Raine
01-02-2003, 08:14 PM
Well.. Arisa told me to come here. A florida photoshoot eh? Well, I live in Orlando, near Arisa(sorta), and I think this is a good idea. I can't say, though I'm all for the Final Fantasy theme (Arisa I'll pay for an Aerith costume for you in addition to Fuu if you want to). But, I may not be able to go myself, being horribly afraid of having my picture taken, but I think I do make a nice photographer, despite my age. o.o;

PretearWink
01-02-2003, 08:18 PM
I want to make something clear hons, this photoshoot is not themed. You do not have to have an FF costume to participate^_^ We were just encouraging people who are going to bring an FF costume if they have one, don't go to any expense for one! :angel:

Raine: If you want to come, and are camera shy, taking pics is absolutely great! Or just hanging out, too ^_^

yuffieleonheart
01-02-2003, 08:43 PM
yup please come ff or not your welcome at the shoot

Raine
01-02-2003, 09:58 PM
Okay, I may be in a pic or two, but probably hiding behind Arisa. She's like three inches taller than me.

makio
01-02-2003, 11:08 PM
hmm... how about Cosplay.com Florida (CcF)? ...of course, that's only with the approval of the Admin, since it's their site.

As for Leu Gardens, it does look nice. Whether or not they allow us there is another story. Jay Blanchard Park is good too, though definitely check the weather before going... it'll get pretty hot in costume.

Raine
01-02-2003, 11:12 PM
Not for me, because I'll probably be there as Rinoa, and that shouldn't get too hot, except for the 'dress' thing.

psythe
01-03-2003, 06:40 AM
Makio, unless there is a stipulation against photography, I don't think they should have issue with us running around in costume. I don't remember there ever being any kind of a photography rule.

Guess we'll have to call :)

Raine
01-03-2003, 02:14 PM
Call? Just to have them allow us to show up in costume? Or is this Leu place really that... fancy?

psythe
01-03-2003, 02:16 PM
No and I don't even think a call is necessary, but it would be better to be safe about it than to get this whole thing together, show up and have something go wrong.

Raine
01-03-2003, 02:32 PM
I guess you're right. It'd be a shame to have them throw us out just for showing up all dressed up like anime/ff chars.

PretearWink
01-03-2003, 03:07 PM
I'll give them a call unless someone already has ^^

Raine
01-03-2003, 03:17 PM
I've never even been there before, but I bet it's beautiful.

yuffieleonheart
01-03-2003, 03:46 PM
wink could u please call them? that would be great. it's better to be on the safer side^^

PretearWink
01-03-2003, 03:55 PM
Sure, I'll call 'em, no prob and post the results^_^

Raine
01-03-2003, 03:58 PM
That's good.. of course it isn't for what? Three months? A little less.. plenty of extra time beforehand

PretearWink
01-03-2003, 04:08 PM
The whole evil thing was automated and the park was closed so I couldn't talk to anyone -_-

The park is open from 9-5 and it's $4 entry per person.

Option 1: We go in, find a secluded part, and take pics. I think they might find us eccentrically dressed, but I seriously doubt they'll kick us out or anything^^;

Option 2: We rent an outdoor facility as our own to use that day. I don't know how much it costs, because as I said, it was automated, but if you guys would like to consider it, I'll call up tomorrow while it's open and see how much rental would be ^_^

It's up to you guys, but I vote option 1 ^^

yuffieleonheart
01-03-2003, 05:51 PM
same here wink but whe should still call

psythe
01-03-2003, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by PretearWink
Option 1: We go in, find a secluded part, and take pics. I think they might find us eccentrically dressed, but I seriously doubt they'll kick us out or anything^^;

This is pretty much what will happen I think. It is never really that crowded at the gardens, and there are many places that will be secluded as we walk around. So we can just throw them our 4 bucks, meet right inside and go into the park and have a ball ^_^

Arisa
01-03-2003, 07:36 PM
Arisa votes option 1!

I still think we should meet at Blanchard Park sometime... it's free. oo;

Raine
01-03-2003, 07:43 PM
I second what Arisa said!

PretearWink
01-03-2003, 09:59 PM
Option 1 it is then! But in case anyone wants to know, I'll give them a call and see how much rental will be^_^ Plus, I got my brother to go to the photoshoot! Yay! He's the Kamui with me in the piccies in my gallery ^^

yuffieleonheart
01-04-2003, 11:59 AM
kewl so we just need a few more people right?

Arisa
01-04-2003, 05:57 PM
My sister will likely be coming, too. o.o As Quistie. She's such a natural Quistie. She has the same serious look on her face. @.x

katrinastrife
01-04-2003, 06:18 PM
Kewl! The more the merrier.

I think option 2 is for people who are planning to have an outdoor event, not a photoshoot (ie-- Bithday parties, barbecues, etc.) Unless you all want to have a cookout or something... but, ketchup+costume=possible disasters, ne?

Then again, I have no idea about where we're going ^_^;; So I'll just vote option 1

yuffieleonheart
01-04-2003, 06:37 PM
lol a picnic would be nice lol but yes food and costumes = not safe lol

Arisa
01-04-2003, 06:54 PM
I agree. o.x but food is holiness... **hugs it and gets it all over her clothes** Oh man... x.x **goes to the cleaners**

PretearWink
01-04-2003, 07:28 PM
Yeah, definitely, maybe we should set up a list of people to bring food, drinks, and cups/plates/napkins to the shoot^_^

I can bring drinks...we'll probably need about five 2 liters of soft drinks. Anyone have any preferences on what?

psythe
01-04-2003, 07:38 PM
Coke Classic is always a safe bet ^^v

yuffieleonheart
01-04-2003, 07:48 PM
yup i can bring some cups and plates^^

yuffieleonheart
01-04-2003, 07:51 PM
ok heres a list

arisa
raine
me
wink
psyth
katrina
makio
harle
scandia
raine

and i'll bring cups and plates and wink is bringing drinks

psythe
01-04-2003, 07:57 PM
Thats enough to warrant a trip to the gardens i would thing ^_^

cause a couple of those people have said they are bringing a second

yuffieleonheart
01-04-2003, 08:08 PM
yeah true ^^

PretearWink
01-04-2003, 08:12 PM
This'll be so much fun! *huggles everyone*

I guess I'll bring, unless anyone has a special request or objection:

Coke
Diet Coke
Code Red Mountain Dew
Sprite
Pepsi

psythe
01-04-2003, 08:16 PM
Sounds good to me, I may bring along some Starbucks Doubleshot, so tasty ^_^

Arisa
01-04-2003, 09:22 PM
Try to bring along orange soda too, alright? That's one of the few types of soda I like...

PretearWink
01-04-2003, 09:29 PM
Revised:
Coke
Diet Coke
Code Red Mountain Dew
Orange Soda ^_^
Pepsi

Arisa
01-04-2003, 09:55 PM
Domo arigato!!! ^___^

Raine
01-04-2003, 10:00 PM
I can bring chips or cheese doodles or something... not too messy on clothes unless you rub a cheese doodle all over them but no one here is weird enough to want to do that, I hope?

Arisa
01-04-2003, 10:03 PM
o_O; I wouldn't doubt that some of us are. If it wasn't for the fact that my costume costs $88, I probably would, just to be weird. ^^;

Cute avatar, by the way! Where'd you get it? @.x

Mizuho
01-04-2003, 11:34 PM
Arisa-chan! You look older than I imagined you. ^o^

Raine
01-05-2003, 12:08 AM
Arisa, if you rub a cheese doodle over that 88 dollar outfit I swear I'll kill you!

The avatar? Umm... some site full of chibi-ish graphics and animations I think.... can't remember exactly.

yuffieleonheart
01-05-2003, 12:26 PM
try http://www.dragid.com for chibis

Arisa
01-05-2003, 03:32 PM
Oooh, thankies! o.o kawaii!

I'd kill myself if I rubbed a choose doodle over an $88 outfit, Raine. @_@ Remember, I have to pay you back for it.

yuffieleonheart
01-05-2003, 05:27 PM
YES!!! I FINALLY GOT THE REST OF THE MATERIALS FOR MY COSTUME!!! .... heheh.... gomen just a lil exited for my costume

psythe
01-05-2003, 05:44 PM
hehe Awesome yuffie, time to start sewing! ^^v

:D

yuffieleonheart
01-05-2003, 05:51 PM
yup^^ tomorrow i will start some dying and some sewing^^

Arisa
01-05-2003, 06:22 PM
I wish I could do stuff like that... ._. My parents think that I'm horrible with anything to do with stuff like cooking or sewing, and were very reluctant to just let me cook dinner one time (and it was good, too! -.-).

PretearWink
01-05-2003, 06:40 PM
My brother wants me to buy all the materials to his costume and then make it for free...scummy evil older brothers.... if I don't do it he's threatening to make himself the ugliest ghetto Laguna costume (one of my fav characters) and tell people I made it -_- Sibling rivalry over anime...we're both wierd....^^;

katrinastrife
01-05-2003, 07:01 PM
LOL!!!

Well, we could make the theme Video Game Characters? I think I'm gonna be doing Feena from Grandia, on second thought... And a friend MIGHT be tagging along as Sue...

I could bring food! Maybe we could all go someplace to eat in costume, though... It's more expensive, but possibly safer? ^_^;; sowwies...

yuffieleonheart
01-05-2003, 07:18 PM
lol we could go freak some people at the mall lol, or walk into a video game store i'm sure we would get a lot off attention

Arisa
01-05-2003, 07:19 PM
T_T No theme, pleeeeease... I'm going as Fuu, who is NOT a video game character, and I'd be left out...

Let's go to the Fashion Square mall! ^_^ They have Coliseum of Comics, and Blue Dragon, and a LOVELY food court.... **drool** Good food....

yuffieleonheart
01-05-2003, 07:31 PM
lol arisa ^^ actually there is a magic night rayearth vg lol but i think it should be no theme

PretearWink
01-05-2003, 08:03 PM
Mall fun scaringness! Maybe we could have the shoot and then head to the mall for food at the foodcourt, more random pics, and scaring people^_^ Imagine 2 Quistis' walking into Babbages or EB amongst the gamers! Fun fun!

Arisa
01-05-2003, 08:57 PM
Mall scaring-ness sounds like such fun! *-* Sigh... I definitely think we should go to the mall, too. But which one? I vote Fashion Square mall! **jumps up and down, raising hand**

Yuffie: I know there's a MKR video game. o.x I have it on my comp. But MKR wasn't originally a video game, so it doesn't really count.

yuffieleonheart
01-06-2003, 12:53 PM
hmm i dunno about which mall... i have to make sure that i won't get kicked out for my costume (yuna ffx-2) although i could change into my yuffie one before heading to the mall^^ we should get a mall close to the park

Arisa
01-06-2003, 05:34 PM
I don't think you could get kicked out of the mall for a Yuna FFX-2 costume... have you SEEN what some of those preps are wearing? @.-

yuffieleonheart
01-06-2003, 05:46 PM
lol true but ya never know^^ better change into yuffie before hand

Arisa
01-06-2003, 08:14 PM
I can just imagine how the clerks would stare at us if we all walked into Coliseum of Comics in full costume... XD

yuffieleonheart
01-07-2003, 02:41 PM
lol well during otakon 2001 i went to burger king with my friends and we were in costume. ^^ lol people gave us some scarry looks lol

PretearWink
01-07-2003, 02:45 PM
An huge group of us went to the Ruby Tuesday's across the street from AWA in full costume^_^ We had everything from a Rikku to Selphie to Kotori ^^ About 15 of us ^^ It was so cool, we went in and there were Gendo's, a power ranger, and a Mana ^_^ I think the staff was scared^_^

yuffieleonheart
01-07-2003, 03:25 PM
lol whe should definitley hit the mall and freak some people out^^ it'll be fun

makio
01-07-2003, 04:42 PM
You people scare me. Really. LoL.

yuffieleonheart
01-08-2003, 05:42 PM
gomen ne makio lol^^ i guess we are just scary people lol

Raine
01-09-2003, 11:12 PM
Yes, the thought of going out in public, especially a mall, sounds like fun. Especially getting weird looks from people. Scaring the people at school's gotten old. Especially when we invent new ways to count to three... Arisa was annoyed with me and Kei(her Quisty sister) for repeating "Nimble... wimble... flibbertygibbits!!" over and over again.

Why yes, I do tend to get off topic.

Right, and a post(page 7 I think) about someone's brother making a crappy Laguna costume, don't let them!! *points to username* I might resent that a tad... I did have a kid with Laguna after all. And he turned out really hot, as Yuffie'll confirm.
(For anyone here who doesn't know much about FF8, which I highly doubt there is anyone, Raine is Squall's mommy. *nodnod* Very stormy named family ain't we?)

Wow I got REALLY off topic with a long message...
Stupid me.

yuffieleonheart
01-10-2003, 02:39 PM
haha!! yes squall is really hot^^ *nods*

PretearWink
01-10-2003, 04:51 PM
Laguna > Squall as I see it, but yes, Squall is very hot XD

*shoves thread back on topic* Just gotta start waiting I guess...wait wait wait.... How many people are goin' to Megacon that are here? ^_^

yuffieleonheart
01-10-2003, 05:18 PM
yup^^ i am with a few friends i am meeting there^^

PretearWink
01-10-2003, 05:22 PM
If anyone here sees a Mylene Jenius walking around, feel free to glomp her!

http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/onewingedwink/myl-sket1.jpg

yuffieleonheart
01-10-2003, 06:02 PM
if i see ya i'll glomp ya^^

yuffieleonheart
01-20-2003, 10:02 AM
bringing the thread back^^ i have 2 friends that might possibly go ^^ most probrably will^^

yuffieleonheart
01-20-2003, 10:02 AM
oh and another thing, anybody going to the rising net triathlon thing on the 8th of feb??

PretearWink
01-20-2003, 10:47 AM
Where is the triathlon? O.O

yuffieleonheart
01-20-2003, 11:37 AM
here's a link with info http://www.risingsun.net/triathlon/index.shtml

Arisa
01-20-2003, 12:16 PM
oooh! I wanna gooo! *-*

PretearWink
01-20-2003, 01:12 PM
Matty and I will probably go^_^

yuffieleonheart
01-20-2003, 02:22 PM
i wanna go too^^ haven't decided yet

Arisa
01-20-2003, 07:19 PM
I probably won't go. u.u I'm dirt poor.

makio
01-20-2003, 11:55 PM
I won't know til' around Friday if I'm going to the Triathlon. I didn't think it was going to be this early this year. That, and I've got to get a costume done, pronto.

yuffieleonheart
01-21-2003, 06:18 PM
OMG i am sorry but i will not be attending the photoshoot if it is set for the 23 of march. i just realized that anime express is on that same weekend ^^;
http://www.db.erau.edu/campus/student/clubs/anime/convention.html

makio
01-21-2003, 09:05 PM
Oh yeah! I almost forgot about that. x_x A friend and I were going to go in costume as characters from Jet Grind(Set) Radio... augh. What a busy spring schedule!
:drunk:

yuffieleonheart
01-22-2003, 01:32 PM
lol true^^ is there anyother date we could set it? or maybe we could have 2 (i know that's asking for alot ^^;)

PretearWink
01-22-2003, 04:31 PM
How about we schedual it for the week after or something? ^_^

yuffieleonheart
01-22-2003, 05:19 PM
that would be great^^

makio
01-22-2003, 07:45 PM
It'd be a cosplay sandwich... Anime Express the week before...and FITcon the week after. :D But hey, sounds like fun anyway, I'm game.

Arisa
01-29-2003, 07:27 PM
Must revive the thread! **shocks it** Someone say something! @_@

yuffieleonheart
01-29-2003, 07:30 PM
lmao yes must revive the thread!!

makio
01-30-2003, 12:23 AM
Did we ever decide on an exact 'gathering' date? :o

yuffieleonheart
01-30-2003, 02:51 PM
well we said somthing like the week before or after anime express

Arisa
01-30-2003, 08:56 PM
I think it should be the week before. @.@ Just my opinion.

yuffieleonheart
01-31-2003, 04:21 PM
i agree with ya arisa

yuffieleonheart
02-02-2003, 02:57 PM
so anybody know if they are going to the anime triathlon next weekend?? i still don't know

Arisa
02-02-2003, 08:47 PM
I'll beg my dad about it. doubt it, though. Progress reports are next week. ><

makio
02-02-2003, 11:42 PM
It looks like I'm going, though I won't know if it's definite until Tuesday. Instead of arriving as Kaede from Last Blade, I've been coaxed into the "One Piece" theme with a friend, so I'm going as Kuro.

yuffieleonheart
02-03-2003, 11:17 AM
kewl, i'll have to settle for my summoner yunie costume

Arisa
02-12-2003, 10:56 PM
The thread's dying here! Someone revive it!

makio
02-17-2003, 04:42 PM
Alright... judging from the previous posts and comments, here's the details thus far:

. Meeting at Leu Gardens (http://www.leugardens.org/) (3/28); $4=Adults, $1=For children grades K-12th
. No particular costume theme, though the majority shows "Final Fantasy" costumes in attendance
. Having a Picnic(?) in the park
. Tentative list of attendees: Arisa, Raine, YuffieLeonheart, Pretearwink,Psyth, Katrina, Makio, Harle, Scandia

We still need to contact Facility Rental and Weddings Manager, Debbie Sauls about renting some kind of area or pavilion at least two weeks in advance. I'll try to stop down there this weekend to check out the place, maybe take a couple pictures to display some possible areas to take cosplay photos.

PretearWink
02-17-2003, 10:05 PM
Wow, thank you Makio Twist, that's really nice of you^_^ Do we have to pay extra to rent out space?^_^

makio
02-18-2003, 05:21 PM
I don't think so, but I'll call them on Wednesday during midday to see. I'll post results here. Is there any kind of 'back-up' plan in case it rains? Maybe a secondary planned weekend?

yuffieleonheart
02-18-2003, 06:15 PM
thanks for the info makio ^^ yes i agree we should have an alternate weekend incase of bad weather

psythe
02-20-2003, 02:57 PM
Makio, I'm so digging that character design in your signature, who is it and where is it from?

makio
02-20-2003, 04:04 PM
Psythe - It's Carlos van Teirun from War of Genesis III by a Korean videogame company called "Softmax". I think he's a pretty slick character too. :cool: Most of the art is sleek and intricately designed like that. Definitely check it out in spare time!

I called Leu Gardens this afternoon (was too busy and too tired yesterday) and spoke with both the Facilities and Finance departments. Apparently they do have areas and gazebos that can be rented for social events and gatherings... HOWEVER, since it's a photography session of depicted people and the gardens, we would have to pay a photographer from their staff to take the pictures - whether it's for nonprofit (us) or profited cause. You are allowed to take pictures of the gardens and whatnot, but you're not 'allowed' to take pictures in a group type event without clearing it with them and hiring one of their photographers. I assume this is for legal reasons and all, so don't get too upset by it. I did look into the the cost of hiring their photographer ...but it was recommended that it's entirely too much to bother doing for a mere cosplay photoshoot. Lake Eola is similar to this, by the way.

...Then there's Blanchard Park. It's not a bad location, however there are houses and apartments alongside the trail and vicinity of the park; so it might cause a little commotion to do that, even with a group of roughly 7-15 people in costume. It's been done before, but still, it's risky. Obviously, you can't bring weapons (certain props might not go over well with local law enforcement)... so use your best judgement on what you decide to bring if this group decides to go there...

...But, there's a local park here in Seminole County (http://www.co.seminole.fl.us/parks/parklist.asp) called "Big Tree (http://www.co.seminole.fl.us/parks/bigtree.asp)" that I think might pose as another good possibility for holding a photoshoot at. I called them today and they said it'd be no problem as long as it was kept civil and low in group number... i.e., no rowdy hordes. They didn't mind the photography as long as it STRICTLY was for non profit (Yes, she made that emphasis). So, if everyone wants, we can go there instead. Feel free to check the links for the rules/regulations of the Park and County. Best part about it... FREE ADMISSION! ;)

Arisa
02-20-2003, 07:31 PM
I can't leave Orange county. No way my dad would let me go, let alone take me.

makio
02-20-2003, 07:46 PM
I understand how parents can be, though you should let him know that it's not really that far (obviously, since Seminole's the county above Orange). In fact, it's probably closer than some of the other locations IN Orange county. If needbe, check the site to see exactly how close it might be to your location. No pressure though... if it's a solid "No", then I'll keep looking in Orange county area too. It's just that there's a lot more no cost/admission/stipulation parks in Seminole; that's the only reason why I bothered looking there first. :crylaugh: Besides, Blanchard Park isn't out of the picture (no pun intended).

All parental woes aside, I'll try to get a list of 'approving parks' by Saturday afternoon. I guess we could pick and choose from that.

psythe
02-21-2003, 12:31 PM
Makio: Will defo check out that game.

Big Tree park isn't that far at all and I believe you can get to it by just going up 17/92 if I remember right. (correct me if I'm wrong) So it wouldn't be way way out of the way.

makio
02-21-2003, 01:12 PM
Yep. It's en route to Flea World and the Seminole Town Center Mall. :) Right now, I'd prefer going there than Blanchard due to the more 'enclosed' area and light regulations on even holding an event like this there... but I can make it to either location.

Arisa
02-21-2003, 06:33 PM
I really don't think I live too close to there... I live in Southeast Orange County, I believe. x.x

makio
02-23-2003, 12:41 PM
Okay. Well, um... is Blanchard Park okay? It's between Dean Rd/University Blvd and Dean Rd/Colonial Dr... in Orange county. :)

Given the way the weather's been lately; I think I just may decide to bring my in-line skates (if we're going to Blanchard) and go as Yang from Street Fighter 3. Now if only I could get a friend of mine to bring his skateboard and go as Yun...

Arisa
02-23-2003, 03:17 PM
Yeah, me and my family go there every so often, and my "theatre troupe" and I went there to put on a performance of the Music Man. ^^; I call us a theatre troupe, but we're just the drama club. ._.; LOL

Harle Quinn
02-25-2003, 10:47 AM
So, do we have any idea of where it should be? I have no real prefrence of where it should be, since I have no real clue where anything is. >_<

There in only one real thing though......

Is it possible that we could do this a week before Anime Express?

makio
02-25-2003, 02:24 PM
Right now, it looks like it'll be at Jay Blanchard Park in (east) Orlando on March 28th, 2003...which is actually a week after Anime Express.

I personally can't attend if it's the weekend before Anime Express because that Saturday is my Birthday(3/15)... :)

yuffieleonheart
02-25-2003, 03:29 PM
happy early bday ^^. i think it would be best if it was after anime xpress cuz lots of us might still be working on our outfits the weekend before the con ^o^ but nothings for sure..

Harle Quinn
02-28-2003, 10:29 AM
Early happy b-day Makio!

I hope I can make it. It'll be an awesomely important day if I can!

I'm going to be changing locations either that day or the day after, so, it'd be an awesome way to spend my last day in Florida!

If I can't make it, I should still see a few of you tomorrow at MegaCon!

Leona Almasy
02-28-2003, 11:26 PM
I know this isn't quite on the topic of the Orlando meeting, but are there any Florida cosplayers here that intend to go to Metrocon in July? It might be fun to get together as a group or something. Just a thought.

yuffieleonheart
03-01-2003, 08:06 AM
i mihgt go ^-^ .. hopefully

makio
03-10-2003, 01:33 AM
Wink - Did we decide on when/where yet? :o

yuffieleonheart
03-10-2003, 12:31 PM
makio-chan i think we had decided for the weekend after anim xpress, however i dunno were ^^;

makio
03-10-2003, 05:08 PM
-boots the smiley/emote used in his last post-

Is it still going to be Jay Blanchard Park @ 10AM?

PretearWink
03-13-2003, 04:52 PM
Ack!! I forgot about this thread! I got so wound up in exams and Megacon and stuff I completely forgot @.@ Oh jeez, so, what has everyone decided on? What days are the weekend after anime express and all that good stuff? ^^;;

yuffieleonheart
03-13-2003, 06:22 PM
well anime xpress is next weekend so i guess it would be the week after, and as for the location i dunno yet lol ^^;

PretearWink
03-15-2003, 10:02 PM
Ok, Jay Blanchard park, around 10 am, (although since I live 3 hours away, I'll probably be there more like 1 or 2 at worst^^;) Now, is this going to be on Saturday the 26th or Sunday the 27th?

makio
03-18-2003, 03:44 PM
Saturday would be better for me, though I can go either day.

Arisa
03-18-2003, 07:24 PM
Yes, Saturday seems the best to me, too.

tokyomew7
03-19-2003, 05:55 PM
Oh man!I super wish I could join you guys!Darn my lack of transportation and age!X3 Just wait!In a few years Ill be all over!=^.6=

Eva 01
03-19-2003, 07:57 PM
Hey I live in Ocala which is only about an hour and 15 min away from Orlando, but I dont know where that park is! could some 1 tell me? Also is ne 1 going to Anime Express?

yuffieleonheart
03-19-2003, 08:16 PM
i'll be at anime xpress ^-^ i posted an anime express thread if u are interested in looking ^.^

makio
03-20-2003, 12:10 AM
There's actually a local YMCA right next to/in Jay Blanchard Park.
You could use their address to find the park since it's literally the location right there.

Blanchard Park
10501 J. Blanchard Trail
Orlando, FL 32817
http://www.centralfloridaymca.org/locations/blanchardpark/index.shtml

Arisa
03-21-2003, 10:04 PM
Yes, I suggested going to Blanchard park in the first place, and I mentioned the YMCA, but my idea got shot down. x.x

Raine
03-23-2003, 02:16 PM
I forgot about this too - suppose everyone is at Anime Express right now. *sigh* I wish I could be theeereee! Anyway, so the exact date is this Saturday, right?

yuffieleonheart
03-23-2003, 04:13 PM
u didn't worry too much .... i was bored at anime express @.@

Elmikey
03-23-2003, 06:36 PM
Whoa.. I live in Orlando and can also drive just about anywhere.
LOL i just noticed that there was more than what i read oops.

Raine
03-23-2003, 08:49 PM
Ee! Another cosplaying Floridian! Welcome!!!

makio
03-23-2003, 09:17 PM
Okay... Here's the updated details on this upcoming weekend's photoshoot:

Who:
Florida Cosplayers (mostly from Cosplay.com, since that's where the idea originated). Others are welcome! :) I personally asked Maboroshi to be there since he apparently wasn't informed by anyone else. Of course, everyone's welcome to take whatever pictures they'd like.

What:
No particular "theme" to the cosplay photoshoot; however a couple of people are going in Final Fantasy costume. Please keep in mind that this a public park that many people from the local college (UCF) and young soccer playing children frequently gather at. So keep the cosplay tasteful... and mindful of the humidity!

When:
Saturday - March 29th, 2003... starting approximately at 10AM. Obviously, since the park closes at sunset, we'll try to end the photoshoot before then.

Where:
Jay Blanchard Park, located on Dean Road between Colonial Drive and University Boulevard. Originally, I did state that we'd meet at the YMCA at the eastern end of the Park, but it'd be better to just meet at the entrance parking lot of the park facing Dean Road. The address listed below is the YMCA's address, but you can drive westbound on this road to get to the park entrance on Dean Rd.

Blanchard Park
10501 J. Blanchard Trail
Orlando, FL 32817

Elmikey
03-23-2003, 09:55 PM
Whoa! That means i should stop procrastinating on my costume. So i'll try to see what i can do since my sowing machine isn't here yet. hehe

Juliechan27
03-24-2003, 11:03 PM
do you know how long you guys except to stay at the park? cuz i don't think i'll be able to get there until about 2:00...

makio
03-25-2003, 12:40 AM
Though I'm pretty sure I won't have work on Saturday, I'll be getting there around 11am myself.

Elmikey
03-25-2003, 12:51 AM
i'm almost positive my costume won't be ready by then but i might just come down to say hello to everyone.

makio
03-25-2003, 11:14 AM
That's cool. The more the merrier. :)
Though if you need simple/quick costume suggestions, let me know!

Harle Quinn
03-25-2003, 02:03 PM
Are there any costs or anything?

Awhile ago, we were throwing a bunch of ideas around about eating while we're there and wandering around after to show off the costumes.
Is there anything else I'm forgetting...?

makio
03-25-2003, 02:36 PM
A picnic in the park would be a great idea! :) Maybe if everyone chipped in $2, we could get a big party 'sub sandwich' or something. Or if people would rather have a "Bring your own Lunch" type picnic, that'd be cool too.

ScaterZ
03-26-2003, 01:45 AM
I want to go, but I'm definate my Luffy costume won't be done yet. Darn. I guess I'll just see everyone elses. Are you guys going to JACON as well?

Elmikey
03-26-2003, 11:18 AM
I'm going to JACON.

yuffieleonheart
03-26-2003, 01:44 PM
i'm going to jacon ^^. makio the idea of all of us chipping in for lunch sounds good ^^ were could we get food from?

makio
03-26-2003, 02:31 PM
There's a bunch of restaurants on University Boulevard and Colonial Drive... so if anyone wanted, I could go pick up the food or better yet, head to the local Publix (on the corner of University Blvd and Dean Rd) for picnic items.

Just as a quick headcount... who's still going and as what?

yuffieleonheart
03-26-2003, 03:47 PM
i'm going with my friend sam she'll be sakura or in a kimono and i will be yuna

Elmikey
03-26-2003, 04:24 PM
I'm going :) as myself since my costume pieces are still being shipped.

Arisa
03-26-2003, 08:33 PM
I'm going as Fuu. I don't think I'll bring Kei (my sister), though, seeing as she still doesn't have a costume... ^^; Maybe she'll dress up as gothic Quistis again.

makio
03-27-2003, 09:13 AM
Depending on how soon I can get home from work on Friday, I should be able to finish my Yang Lee(of Street Fighter 3) costume. I'm trying to drag my brother along to be Yun...

Sounds like a decent (yet small, which is good in this scenario) turnout expected for Saturday. I should be there around 10AM parked in the Jay Blanchard Park entrance lot. Just look for the silver Nissan truck. :)

By the way... is everyone 'happy' with the picnic idea? We could either order just about anything, since there's a lot of stores and restaurants local to the park vicinity.

yuffieleonheart
03-27-2003, 03:01 PM
i agree with the picnic idea ^.^ i hope we have good weather *.*

Elmikey
03-27-2003, 03:06 PM
picnic sounds cool :)

XLainoftheWired
03-27-2003, 03:12 PM
I'm in. I think Maboroshi does this a lot. Out by Lake Eola. Uhhh, I dont have a costume together yet, so if I dont by the time you all do this, I can still go out of costume right?

XLainoftheWired
03-27-2003, 03:16 PM
just read makiotwists info post, Im so going, I may have to walk or bus, but im going, iu wont be in costume but id like to meet the cosply.com peeps

JACON w00t

I'll like write my forum name on a cardboard and hang it around me neck lol

(edit) then all us UCFers can go to Late Knights from there, or hang out the rest of the weekend or something. I'd like to see the anime population of UCF

Arisa
03-27-2003, 05:41 PM
Picnic sounds spiffy to me.

Leona Almasy
03-27-2003, 09:27 PM
Hey, I can't make it up to the Orlando thing, since I live down in the Tampa area and have sold myself to my local Renassaince Festival for the next few weeks. I was wondering, though, how many Florida cosplayers will be going to Metrocon in July. If you order them now, tickets for the whole weekend are only $25, and room prices have been set for $75 a night during the con. Perhaps we can arrange a get together there?

Elmikey
03-27-2003, 10:19 PM
Word, i want to go to Metrocon for the Final Fantasy Ball. But not sure if i'm going to be able to make it.

XLainoftheWired
03-28-2003, 01:14 AM
me-tro-con??? was ist das?

XLainoftheWired
03-28-2003, 11:29 AM
Me again, with questions.

Is anyone bringing a radio or cd player for music?

If I made a giant pot of Ramen that morning, how many would actually be interested in eating it? (I'm poor)

How many of us going are UCF students?

Can I wear a sign depicting my name and avatar? (I think it would be adorable)

Harle Quinn
03-28-2003, 01:37 PM
Well, as long as the weather holds up, I'm there as Lulu! XD

Most of you probably saw me at Megacon as Lulu, but she's the first and only costume I have right now.

I am totally up for a picnic!!!

Is anyone going to Fitcon by any chance?

yuffieleonheart
03-28-2003, 03:19 PM
i'm going to metrocon ^^ sadley no fitcon ;_; weeeeeeeeeeeee harley quinn i'm happy u are gonna be lulu!!!! i'll do yuna ^.^

Elmikey
03-28-2003, 03:28 PM
Fitcon i haven't heard of that one.

PretearWink
03-28-2003, 07:37 PM
*cries* My ride canceled on me, so I can't go to the nifty picnic shoot tomorrow ;.;

I hope everyone who is going has tons of fun, though^_^

I'm not going to Fitcon, Jacon is next on my list^_^ And, anyone interested in the finalfantasyball, please visit our website and join our message board, it's SO dead over there @.@

finalfantasyball.com the website will be finished soon, I swear!

yuffieleonheart
03-28-2003, 07:52 PM
wink i have been there lol i just cannot think of what the heck to wear for the ball @.@

Leona Almasy
03-28-2003, 08:18 PM
Hi all. I've never heard of Fitcon, but I do have a site for Metrocon. For info on that one go to www.animemetro.com. One of my friends knows the people that are organizing this one; it's fairly new, so not too many people seem to have heard of it. With any luck, I'll be going with at least 3 other people. Maybe we should organize a gathering there.

Hard Luck Woman
03-28-2003, 08:24 PM
A get together at Metrocon (which I absolutely can't wait for!) sounds like a cool idea. I can't go to the Orlando thing, but I'd definitly be for a grouping at Metrocon.

Elmikey
03-28-2003, 08:26 PM
Well if i get to make it to the FF Ball i will more than likely go old school here and go as Cecil from FF2.

Raine
03-28-2003, 08:46 PM
Yeah umm.. I think someone SHOULD bring a stereo or something.. as long as it's battery powered - I'm itching to burn some CDs!

XLainoftheWired
03-28-2003, 08:54 PM
Well I got basically ALL of Hikkis albums and her new single and a couple other singles... uhmmmm... I really don't have any money to be buying 6 D batteries with :( (I said I was poor). If I can meet anyone there w/the batteries that would be cool. I've also got a couple OSTs (FLCL, Chobits vol. 1, some others) and I have the other cds that everyone has (TaTu, Madonna, STAIND, I dunno a lot).

As for food I plan on waking up early and making a big ol' batch of Ramen for us. I will bring some Thai pepper for the daring to add. I don't have silverware and chopsticks though, so someone should handle that. As far as food, that's all I can afford to do (starving college student).

I also want to know how many of us go to UCF. This way we can meet up at Late Knights if you want. I am pretty excited. I have never done anything like this. I mean I have been to a con, but I haven't massively met people from online before. I'm excited. Anyway, thanks for arranging this people!!!

yuffieleonheart
03-28-2003, 09:02 PM
i can bring chopsticks!!!! ooo i can bring a cd player but i need batteries!!!!! and i can bring some music too

PretearWink
03-28-2003, 09:04 PM
We should definitely try arranging something at Metrocon, or even Jacon ^_^ Both are going to be a blast!

Yuffie: I saw you on the message boards, thank you^_^ Geez, I wish I could help about what to wear there @.@ Maybe...you could mix up both your FFX and FFX-2 Yuna costume peices for the ball or something like that^_^ TECHNICALLY you wouldn't be cosplaying as Yuna...I think @.@ At any rate, there's a greater chance no one would think you were our cast Yuna, which got so frustrating for poor Megan (Rinoa) last year! She was almost in tears! *hugs Megan from far away*

And I'm a New College student (or will be in August XD) if anyone is wondering^_^

XLainoftheWired
03-28-2003, 09:06 PM
So we have 2 batteriless cd players? -_- uguuu~

yuffieleonheart
03-28-2003, 09:14 PM
actually wink i was thinking of doing arcia from chaos legion. what do u think? is this aprpriate or would elma be better? http://www.capcom.co.jp/chaoslegion/main.html

well i guess we need batteries ^^

Raine
03-28-2003, 09:14 PM
I can provide batteries for whoever needs them

yuffieleonheart
03-28-2003, 09:15 PM
yays raine ok i g2g but i'll be back like in 45 minutes ^^

XLainoftheWired
03-28-2003, 09:16 PM
6 Ds for my box. I don't know about Yuffie's. We should settle this before the big day. ^_^

Me = SUPER F-IN EXCITED

Raine
03-28-2003, 09:39 PM
No one had better mind a half-finished Rinoa.. I need to add zippers to the shorts, get the skirt, make the top curve in at the breasty area, and get boots that actually look something like Rinoa's.

Edit: I'll also be bringing my kimono. It gots purdyful dragon designs on it ^^

Elmikey
03-28-2003, 09:41 PM
Word we got batteries. LOL

XLainoftheWired
03-28-2003, 09:42 PM
as long as your hot!!!! ::drool:: j/k I dont really think anyone will care.

Elmikey
03-28-2003, 09:43 PM
i don't even have a costume ready so it won't be that big of a deal.

Raine
03-28-2003, 09:43 PM
Nah, if I were hot then I'd be a slut

Elmikey
03-28-2003, 09:47 PM
What time is everyone getting there tomorrow?

XLainoftheWired
03-28-2003, 09:49 PM
IM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

::pant:: ok, calm down. You know what helps me when I get like this?

http://www.angelfire.com/film/otakureview/v2/images/mizunkei.gif

It makes me calm down and go AWWWWW. So adoreable!!!

XLainoftheWired
03-28-2003, 09:49 PM
10am to like whenever basically, but you come and go as you like I assume.

Raine
03-28-2003, 09:52 PM
If Arisa can go, she and I will probably be there 11 or so