PDA

View Full Version : Any RI cosplayers? o_o;; Any?

Tenjou
12-23-2002, 09:40 PM
-crickets chirping-

I feel like I am the only one in this state that cosplays. I was just wondering if any cosplay.com members are from Rhode Island. ^^; Anybody?

-crickets still chirping-

T_T;

akina's 86
01-01-2003, 02:11 PM
NH if that makes any difference least you have people in the general area...lol

Tenjou
01-01-2003, 04:44 PM
^^: I feel so alone in this tiny place. o_o;;

thanks for replying! ^_^ You're not too faraway! :D

ChibiRinoa
01-02-2003, 04:11 PM
HEY!!!!!!! THERE IS LIFE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am from Rhode Island!!!!! :-D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! awsomeness! i thought i was the only one!!!!!

Tenjou
01-02-2003, 07:13 PM
OH MY GOODNESS! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -jumps around and hugs Chibi-

I think we must be the only two. The last of a dying breed... -dramatic pose-

XD, anyway. ^^; glad to hear you're from RI. I thought I was the only one too! ^^ Ooh, you're close to my age too! ^_______^ yaaaaaaaaay! -glomps-

ChibiRinoa
01-02-2003, 09:51 PM
-jumps around excitedly- YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What part of Rhode Island are you from!?

Tenjou
01-03-2003, 12:57 PM
South County n' stuff. ^^

ChibiRinoa
01-03-2003, 06:44 PM
coolness! im from Providence, around the Mt. Pleasant area. there isnt many things for anime fans to do here though -cries- Rah-Cocos relocated and i dont know where it went!!! where do you buy your anime stuff?

Tenjou
01-03-2003, 07:32 PM
Well, I think some places at Providence Place have stuff, but for the most part I go to the Annex in Newport. It's on Broadway if it helps. ^_^ They don't have a site though. ><; And I can't remember the number, but they got LOADS of stuff. Last time I went they had import Japanese manga magazines (you know, the wicked thick book-like things with manga inside), regular comics, manga comics, a few CDs, dvds, VHS for half price (the owner told me that they're trying to get as much VHS as possible gone to make room for DVD), and some VHS for real cheap (there was Ni Tenshi Narumon for $4, and Saint Tail for $10), they also have t-shirts and cards and plushies too. And action figures. ^_^ It's a neat place.

ChibiRinoa
01-03-2003, 08:23 PM
cool!! ive seen a couple things at Providence Place, alot of manga in Borders, and some anime in there and in Newberry Comics, but other than that, not much. When Rah-Cocos was here, i lived about 5 blocks from it, so i could walk there. They had so many things. They had FF figures and status (one of Squall and Bahamut, one of Aeris and one of Tifa too.) they also has the Oh My Goddess Holy Bell statue, that was so pretty, i wanted that so badly...ive been searching for the new location, if there is one, i have to go check on the door of the store to be certain...-shrugs-

say, what costumes have you made? :p

ChibiRinoa
01-07-2003, 06:22 PM
oh...turns out rah-cocos moved to some...crappy scary area...it downsized to a house! gah!

Tenjou
01-07-2003, 07:56 PM
ACKETH! I didn't see your post! ;_; I AM SO SORRY! ;_;

Ah yes. <3 <3 newberry. They also have pocky! *________* I usually go to the warwick location though. It's a lot closer. ^^ Barnes and Nobles is right across the street from it too! *_____*

Oh, I've never heard of Rah-Cocos. >< too bad it changed locations.

I've made Kaguya (Planet Ladder) and Kiki (Kiki's Delievery Service). ^^; working on many.

ChibiRinoa
01-07-2003, 08:03 PM
coolness!
i havent been to Barnes and Noble in a while....do they have a manga section? i was around Bald Hill Road today at the Fabric Place....got more stuff for my Rinoa costume...lol and i searched for stuff for my KH Aerith, nothing lol....
are you going to Anime Boston?

Tenjou
01-08-2003, 05:10 PM
Yeah they do. Go in the doors, walk straight to the help counter, make a left, go down until you see some manga. ^^ It's right by the Cafe.

No, I was thinking about it, but my mom made me choose between Shoujocon or Animeboston. I choose SC because I wanted to check it out. ^^; I had always wanted to go to it when it was in NJ, but I hadn't heard about it since a few years ago. I was surprised to find out it's still going on, so yeah. ^^ I'll hopefully go to AB next year, if funds are good.

ChibiRinoa
01-09-2003, 07:07 AM
aww..
shoujocon is too far away for me...i wouldnt be able to convince my parents to bring me there....i had to convince them enough to take the time off our NY trip to go to AXNY...but since Boston is so close and we know someone who lives nearby, and its only a train ride away, its just too easy ^.^

Tenjou
01-09-2003, 01:56 PM
Yeah, but I'll try to put up some pictures that I take of shoujcon in my gallery. ^^ ooooh! AXNY? How was that? I'd like to go there sometime; I heard it was pretty cool. My mom doesn't mind. I don't think either of us has ever been to New York, so it'll be fun! ^_^

ChibiRinoa
01-09-2003, 02:46 PM
it was fun, i only went the Sunday, but i loved all of it. i got to see the masquerade, ^.^ which was the one thing i was really looking forward to. i didnt see as much as i should have

Tenjou
01-09-2003, 04:33 PM
Sounds cool! XP

I think we should make an RI convention. >D we'd be the only ones who'd go though XD

ChibiRinoa
01-09-2003, 05:51 PM
lol, i thought of that! we have the RI convention center, and the Westin, Biltmore and Marriot hotels!! it would be great to have a RI convention :-D

Tenjou
01-09-2003, 06:41 PM
Well, I did some research awhile ago, but all I found was a Comic convention, and that was held in 1998. ^^;;;;; and I don't think it was done again. ^^;;;

I hope someone could start one soon. I think that'd be cool XP

ChibiRinoa
01-09-2003, 06:58 PM
awwww...i hope something pops up...

Tenjou
01-09-2003, 07:00 PM
Yeah, and as far as I know that convention had NO cosplay... ;_;

Kaede
01-09-2003, 10:33 PM
oo im an ri cosplayer. ill be at anime boston.

ChibiRinoa
01-10-2003, 06:48 AM
coolness!!!!! RI ruuuulez teehee...

what!? a convention with no cosplay? what as the world come to?

Tenjou
01-10-2003, 02:10 PM
-jumps on Kaede- hey! ^_^

Yeah, I know! ;_; they had nothing cosplay related. It was probably allowed, but you'd be the only one cosplaying. ^^;;; I think it was a convention for either just buying comics, or doing everything else that a regular anime convention would do exept cosplay. ^^; it's a horrible crime XD

ChibiRinoa
01-10-2003, 02:56 PM
awwwww....i wonder if they even had manga there

Tenjou
01-10-2003, 03:15 PM
Hmm... I dunno. I read that it was basically Superman-Spiderman-Green Lantern-type stuff, but I dunno. Maybe there was. ^^;

Kaede
01-11-2003, 12:37 PM
oww warn me next time before you jump on me hehe

Tenjou
01-11-2003, 02:57 PM
hehe. ^^;; -patpat- sorry! ^^;;;;; what convention have you been to Kaede?

LaylaCinder
01-12-2003, 12:49 AM
Uh.. :D I live in CT...? And I'm about 20 minutes from RI.......

Tenjou
01-12-2003, 08:50 AM
-jumps on Layla- hey! ^^ close enough XD what conventions have you been to?

ChibiRinoa
01-12-2003, 07:26 PM
hey!! neato!! gotta love us new englanders!

akina's 86
01-13-2003, 06:21 AM
POWA TO THE NEW ENGLAND PEOPLE XD !!!

LaylaCinder
01-13-2003, 10:40 PM
I've been to... 10... XD ::dies::
Otakon 00-02
Katsucon 00-02
Shoujocon 01
Anime Expo NY
Anime Weekend Atlanta VI
and Anime Next...
If you went to AXNY, I was the Jenova o.o;;; at Anime Next, I was the water sprite.

Vialoi Ketsueke
01-14-2003, 05:11 AM
I live in Swansea Massachusetts during the summer, and winter time. Swansea is only 15 minutes from Providence if it makes you feel any better. ^_^

Tenjou
01-14-2003, 02:10 PM
Layla~ Psst. I'm dragging you to shoujocon03. -drag- XD

That's a lot *_* which was your favorite?

Vialoi~ *_* Swansea is cool. *_____* <3 <3 the shwanshea. *_* the swansea mall is so pretty! *_* (loves swans in general)

LaylaCinder
01-14-2003, 03:54 PM
XD...why gee, I feel that I must suddenly go to Shoujocon03 now for no reason... Hmm, I liked Katsucon and AXNY the best.

ChibiRinoa
01-14-2003, 04:33 PM
you were at AXNY!? were you cosplaying??

LaylaCinder
01-14-2003, 04:45 PM
x.x *just said she was cosplaying Jenova at AXNY*

Tenjou
01-14-2003, 07:22 PM
Layla~ XD!! ooooh! *_* I'd like to check out Katsu and AXNY. I've heard some cool things about them. :D

LaylaCinder
01-14-2003, 08:44 PM
Katsucon = <3
AXNY was only a one year con though... ;.;

Tenjou
01-15-2003, 03:39 PM
Really? ;_; AX isn't one-year, is it? o_O; That would be weird if it was.

LaylaCinder
01-15-2003, 04:00 PM
AXNY was ;.; it apparently might come back in 2005... or something along those lines, I personally have no idea.

Tenjou
01-15-2003, 04:48 PM
bleh. x_x; Hopefully I can make it to it in 2005 if they end up having it.

ChibiRinoa
01-15-2003, 05:04 PM
oo oops >< i gotta pay more attention...The Jenova costume was amazing!!!!!!

LaylaCinder
01-16-2003, 03:48 PM
^^;! Thanks....::big FF fan:: at Katsucon I'll be doing another FF related one, and again at Otakon. Both costumes I can guarantee no one has done before. @_@ At anime Boston I'll probably wear the one I'm also doing at Katsu... but as a hall costume. I also might do a japanese rock related costume, Hakuei from the band Machine. :o

TheAnarCHris
01-17-2003, 01:07 AM
Yeah I have no clue how I managed to get to this forum, but yeah, here I am (could have sworned I clicked on the OLS one)

Anywho, just wanted to say that I'm going to el AB,Otakon, Shoujocon, and BaaF (not AXNY it was a one time deal) I go remember some of you folk, I was the really tall Squall at AXNY (if anyone saw the masquerade, I was part of FFU2, had a crappy gunblade, was called the main character from the crappiest of FFs had my gf's "boob" fall out etc.) and Leon/Sqaull at animeNEXT, who was part of the horribly offensive FF8 skit and started the conga line..and yes, Im an idiot incase your wondering...a bored one

LaylaCinder
01-17-2003, 01:40 PM
That conga line was scary... ;.; but awfully funny. I was in that group that everyone kept calling "the four seasons" at Anime Next. x.x; We were ELEMENTS dammit, I mean what could water be? I sure as hell wasn't winter o.O. I do remember you, and I think we may have talked at either AXNY or Anime Next.

ChibiRinoa
01-17-2003, 06:52 PM
Starwind: i might have a picture of you in my gallery! ...maybe! -goes and checks-

TheAnarCHris
01-18-2003, 02:44 AM
That conga line was scary... ;.; but awfully funny. I was in that group that everyone kept calling "the four seasons" at Anime Next. x.x; We were ELEMENTS dammit, I mean what could water be? I sure as hell wasn't winter o.O. I do remember you, and I think we may have talked at either AXNY or Anime Next.

Lol yes I plaeyed the Legends games b4 I knew who u guys were...hat and my friend anni who was in your group told me so. And You talked to me b4 the masqeurade at AnimeNExt, plus I think we had a small convo at AXNY....smallworld.

As for Chibi-Rinny, u got camoes a go go in ur pic gallery Im the tall Squall with the crappy canadian made gunblade in the FF groups pics, my Gf i the Tifa, that Selphie with the cowboy hat is my friend Vanessa, Sailior Whatever is my friend Crissy and finally, that Belledany/Nadia is my friend's little brother's gf...small world eh?

Kaede
05-24-2003, 05:26 PM
*waves hand* hullo fellow RIers

ChibiRinoa
05-24-2003, 05:55 PM
you were the Mana at Anime Boston?? cool!! that was a beautiful costume! -waves back-

Kaede
05-24-2003, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by ChibiRinoa
you were the Mana at Anime Boston?? cool!! that was a beautiful costume! -waves back-
*blushes* thanks rinoa.
Sooooo whos going to the Anime Boston picnic??

Tenjou
05-25-2003, 04:27 PM
IT'S ALIVE! XD

-waves back- Wish I could go to any of the awesome picnics, but I can't. -_-; ah well.

Nikitsuki
05-25-2003, 09:45 PM
I'm going to the picnic as Chihiro!! Nice and easy and if it's hot outside, I'll be nice and cool. There should be a RI convention. Maybe someone should start one in a High school? Manchester, NH held Kamecon in their high school and it wasn't too bad. They had all sorts of stuff. I'd make the trip down to RI if there was a con. ^^

Kaede
05-26-2003, 01:22 PM
I second the RI con idea. Maybe the next time an anime comes out in theatres (I know CB: the movie has come and gone at the Avon on Thayer) we could rent out a theatre and get lots of cosplay.com people to come. Mini con!

JacksUsername
05-26-2003, 07:33 PM
hehe, hey all RI cosplayers :P

I'm actually from MA, but across the street is Tiverton RI, so I find myself in that state quite often :P

A RI con would be so cool. :)

Tenjou
05-27-2003, 02:15 PM
Hehe! Kaede, that would be fun! I doubt I'd be able to go though, I kept on asking to go see Spirited Away, but my parents never took me ._.; so I doubt I'd be able to go see any new anime movie. But maybe I could go with my friend TJ (anime-holic). we could ride a bike or something XD

Kaede
05-28-2003, 06:05 PM
LOL that'd be a sight! That's too bad though ^^;

TidusIsMine
07-24-2004, 07:29 PM
Wow, there are actually fellow cosplayers in RI?? WOOHOO!!!!! I'm not alone! I'm not alone! umm......actually I think I am alone cuz last post here was like a year ago, oh well.... -_-

wh0r3filth
08-13-2004, 06:27 PM
lol, Hey, I'm from RI. Oh, and to all of the previous posters hoping for an RI-con.. your wish has been granted. Sort of. ^^. Not a con, but, have you heard about the 'Providence Anime Masked Ball' this fall? So far they've got 28 cosplayers signed up. The date is November 6th, 2004.
http://cosplayball.gothichamlet.com/

Mupuppy
01-10-2005, 02:00 PM
NOOOOOOOO......I Missed ......it.........*crys* No No No No No.......

Mupuppy
01-10-2005, 05:36 PM
Hi Again Anyone Here

TidusIsMine
01-15-2005, 05:30 AM
Heya! I'm from coventry RI and I'm so happy that I'm not alone in this godforsaken state *cries* ..........................okay I'm fine now :bigtu:

Mupuppy
01-15-2005, 10:05 AM
Hi Yes Me And My Mother Are Looking For A Roomate For Anime Boston

Requirements:
1. You Must Be A Female
2.You Must Be Okay With Dogs ( We Will Have A Med. Size Lab/mix With Us STAYING In The Hotel Room With Us)*She Is Well Behaved But Hyper She Loves New People She Is A Service Dog ..But Was Never Trained Not To Go On Furniture So You Might Have A Dog On Your Feet In The Middle Of The Night ^_^)
3.Non Smoker

Ok I Think Thats It We Will Look At Applications A.K.A.:Posts

Vitamin T
01-31-2005, 10:21 AM
Another RI cosplayer here.

LordFate
06-29-2005, 10:34 AM
Not to drag up an old topic but...

I'm from Rhode Island myself. I cosplayed as Kakashi at I-Con in NY this year and plan to go to Otakon. Cya all there.

TidusIsMine
06-30-2005, 02:38 PM
Not to drag up an old topic but...

I'm from Rhode Island myself. I cosplayed as Kakashi at I-Con in NY this year and plan to go to Otakon. Cya all there.
yay! greetings fellow RI cosplayer! lol I'm so happy there actually are any out there >.<

MidnightHart
07-02-2005, 07:25 PM
I think i am going to Squee! Greetings to all fellow RI Cosplayers!!!! Drache here, along with my fellow Ri cosplayers Rakka, Remi, Phil, Tyler, and Chandra. Were all actualy from the same town, Tiverton! except Rakka is from swansea.. but close enough....
YOU all should go to PAMB, The Providence Anime Masked Ball, oh it was so much fun. I can not wait for next year. As for Anime Boston, was a blast, and the list of people above is hitting Conneticon and Otakon! I'd love to meet fellow RI Cosplayers! Mabye get a support group together. And i got some tips for you, Loraine's Fabrics in pawtucket. A warehouse the size of a jo anns but no more then 200 a yard. I've gotten leather there for 67 cents a yard! ITS WONDERFULL, you all must know of it to aid you! Feel free to pm me, or IM me on Bloodofthefae

Jenna1978
07-05-2005, 07:53 AM
I'm from RI. North Providence to be specific!

Streudle
09-07-2005, 11:00 AM
oooo yaya! this is exciting to know i won't be alone this year! I am going to school in Providence, RISD to be exact. I am leaving all of my cosplay friends home in MD:(, but upsets me a little, but at least now I know that cosplayers do inhabit such a tiny state!
If anybody is going to college in Providence, it'd be awesome to meet up^^

Saki_B
09-08-2005, 02:41 PM
Woah... This topic like, came out of nowhere. That's what I get for being lazy and not searching well enough.

Ahem. Yeah, another RI cosplayer here. Well, I lived in Providence for like 11 years, and now I live in Blackstone, MA. But the end of my street is RI O_o And I visit Providence often, since friends and family live there.

But I go to Anime Boston all the time. And OMG yes you should go to PAMB. I'm not running it this year, due to two jobs and college applications sucking the life... ahem! the time out of my life. But I'll still be going, and I suggest everyone goes. We have a lot of fun things planned for this year. So go! Like... now! Well... not now...

Yeah, for the longest time I thought the only RI cosplayers were me, Chibi, and Jenniva. We all cosplayed together and everything and we were bummed that we couldn't find any other cosplayers in RI... But that's cool! We should all... meet up or something someday. And act overly RI-ish

Jenna1978
09-08-2005, 03:07 PM
maybe we should have a picnic somewhere before the weather gets bad...of course that would have to be soon. You know how it is in RI....lol!

MidnightHart
09-08-2005, 07:05 PM
Speaking of RI Picnic, EternalGlade and I are attempting to put together a cosplay Picnic in my town at my grandma's house. ((horse farm, so lotsa open land, and woods, and a pond and some cliffs, great for photo shoots)) Were trying to put it together for the spring, you know, just a simple get a bunch of people together, do some food, some meet and greet, just socialize rhode island cosplayers a bit. Anyway, were trying to plan for the weekend or two before or after anime boston due to when colleges in the area let out ((So those in college in RI can come, or will be coming home if your out of state)) Well, thats not till spring hopefully..

Besides that Listen to Saki_B PAMP was so much fun last year, and you realise, im not alone in this tiny state.... You must go!

Saki_B
09-08-2005, 08:23 PM
Besides that Listen to Saki_B PAMP was so much fun last year, and you realise, im not alone in this tiny state.... You must go!

That's right! Listen to me! XD Please don't... who knows what crazy thing I'll suggest next... PAMB is going to be a lot better this year, with a bigger room, a more solid theme, a croquet set painted to match our theme will be raffled away, we have a panel of judges so judging is less hectic, we have dancers who are going to come in and teach us some professional, easy dances. We've just learned a lot from last year, and are working hard to make it better.

But yes! That picnic sounds like a wonderful idea! I've been dying for a good place for a photoshoot...

Jenna1978
09-09-2005, 08:00 AM
the weekend before or after Anime Boston sounds good, as I'll be with my Toronto cosplay buddies for Anime North during that weekend. Ohhh that reminds me I have to go to the fabric store to look at patterns this weekend to start working on my costume...lol!

I was thinking of going to PAMB this year. If I am able to attend I'll probably be Ayame from Inu Yasha.

MidnightHart
09-19-2005, 11:16 PM
Ok, well the Final Date for the Picnic is decided YAY!!! I'll have a website with information, forums and what not up within a month after i finish off some commitions that im dreading for the Masked Ball... Anywho, the final set date is... Drum Roll June 9th!

Ok, why this day, two weeks after Anime boston. The way i figure it, getting a whole weekend, and then another day off on a saterday/sunday would be hard for most working people. College's would have let out, so you can be home in RI and start to relax a bit. Also, It alows omg i ripped my costume at Con, or i need to fix some things, make alterations, and what not after the con. Not only that, but money may be tight. We decided on doing a barbeque ((hotdogs, hamburgers and chicken, also, for anyone going vegan or veg, boka burgers or chicken pattys)) Nothing messy just some finger food.

The location is pending between two places: A local private beach. Its sandy full of high wild flowers that hopefully will be in bloom, and cliff faces you can move around on, and even go out about 20 feet into the water. Or a relatives home on a Huge horse farm, full of a pond, brick walls, huge empty fields, cliffs, and forest.

We also may be running Photo shoot sessions if people like the idea, where a driver or two can take about 5 -10 people at a time to the local park, in which there is a waterfall and makes for some beautifull photos in the spring or winter. Either way, all three locations can be used during the same day since there a 10 mintue max drive ((and a five minute hike for the waterfall)).

Were figuring pricing is about 10 a person due to food costs. This covers food, and drinks. This price may go down or up depending on the prices when the website is fully made.

So, any sujestions, or ideas? Let me know, Any major problems with the date? Let me know. Thanks. The Crew of the Midnight Hart

Mupuppy
09-20-2005, 11:19 AM
I'm from rhode island...by the look of this thread it seems there are alot of us ^^

KillerKunoichi
07-05-2007, 07:20 PM
hey im a rhode islander ^_^

North Smithfield w00t w00t!

aerialknight
06-29-2008, 11:17 AM
Hey guys!! I'm also from RI - Warwick area (smack dab in the middle of RI, a bit to the east, harhar, water!). ^_^ I know this thread might be dead and all... but it never hurts to revive it. I wanna find cosplay buddies in my neighborhood (well, not literally). ;n;

Also, HI CHIBIRINOA!!! I know you from our old work. XD

Catharine
11-05-2008, 11:35 AM
:bigtu:Native Rhode Islander! ^>.<^

Brokenhearte
11-07-2008, 09:24 PM
Haha yay im not alone either!!! I live in Middletown! haha

Brokenhearte
11-07-2008, 09:25 PM
Im going to Anime Boston, haha maybe ill see some of you guys there ^^ whos gonig for the whole weekend???

AisokuXxRoku
11-20-2008, 06:09 PM
The tiny state :P
I'm from there XD
I love cosplaying!! I love ou guys too :P hehe..

Gale
11-22-2008, 06:49 PM
Wow, its kind of amusing how many times this thread has been resurrected. I haven't lived in RI since I was 3, but I'm only about a town away into CT. That said, all of New England is so small that we might as well be our own state compared to some XD

aerialknight
05-12-2009, 05:53 PM
Im going to Anime Boston, haha maybe ill see some of you guys there ^^ whos gonig for the whole weekend???

I'm going the whole weekend PLUS Thursday. I'll be cosplaying either Rita (Tales of Vesperia) or Dist the Rose (as usual, I'm like the resident Dist for AB LOL...from Tales of the Abyss)

SamuraiX47
06-05-2009, 01:17 AM
HI all RI'ers... I missed Anime Boston this year, but will catch it next year. I was at a Harry Potter conference in Boston dressed as Snape.

I'll be at the movie opening for HP and the Half-Blood Prince July 15 or 17 at Providence Place Mall.

Anyone else like HP?
james
samuraix47

cosplay costume
Hap from eureka7

Gale
06-05-2009, 07:32 AM
Anyone else like HP?

Yo. (http://www.cosplay.com/costume/225153/) ;)

Jimitre
07-10-2009, 11:30 PM
Wow, look at all the Cosplayers in RI. Who knew?

Actually, there's a Cosplay contest at the FYE in the Warwick Mall this Sunday. They're having an Anime sale along with it. Signups for the contest begin at 1pm and the contest itself is at 4.

Maybe I'll see some of you there!

Gale
07-11-2009, 10:27 AM
Oh man, if only I didn't have a staff meeting in Newington at 5. Good luck to those entering.

Jimitre, you might also wanna check out the more active New England Cosplayers thread (http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=69629). This one tends to only get resurrected when a forum newbie like yourself finds it, only to die a few days later :(

aerialknight
07-11-2009, 04:02 PM
Wow, look at all the Cosplayers in RI. Who knew?

Actually, there's a Cosplay contest at the FYE in the Warwick Mall this Sunday. They're having an Anime sale along with it. Signups for the contest begin at 1pm and the contest itself is at 4.

Maybe I'll see some of you there!

I saw that ad, too! I dunno if I'll be going because I just had my wisdom teeth out so there's some jaw swelling going on, and I'm not feeling my best. Sigh. I'd love to display my cosplay though, hahaha. Oh well, wish it was some other weekend. 'Sides no one knows my characters because they're from obscure video games anyway (in New England area, at least), harhar.

.:Izumi:.
04-24-2012, 06:26 PM
I live in Tiverton, RI. I feel like I'm the only person who cosplays :bigcry:

k2thyme
05-20-2012, 07:32 PM
My boyfriend and I are also looking for cosplay buddies.

Name: Tai Collins
How long have you been cosplaying: Three years.
What characters (series) you have cosplayed: Naruto (Naruto); Misa (Death Note); Kid (Chrono Cross); Daisuke, Satoshi (D. N. Angel) [90% finished];
What characters would you like to cosplay?: Lots :)
Do you have any restrictions on Cosplaying: I wouldn't want to wear anything too skimpy for a convention (mostly because there's always chance for a slip up, and showing a bit too much), but I wouldn't mind as much for a photoshoot, as it's much more controlled and you can decide which pictures are released.