PDA

View Full Version : Ohayocon Private Shoots

Admin
12-08-2004, 03:19 AM
I will be offering private shoots on Friday and Saturday afternoons. Cost is $30 for a shoot for one person, $35 for 2, $40 for 3. I cannot do more than three people per shoot due to time constraints.

I will have these up in the store by Wednesday evening.

Information for those who don't know about the shoots: These are the same private shoots you will find running down the right-hand side of the front page of the site, with the numbers on them like "085". http://www.cosplay.com/

For a full explanation of the shoots, please see http://www.cosplay.com/photoshootinfo/ and post any questions right in this thread if you have them.

Splenda
12-08-2004, 08:25 AM
I was wondering... If we had a larger group, say five people, could we purchase two photoshoots (a three and a two person) in order to get a photoshoot of the group? Would we be able to get shots of all five of us then, or would we have to actually separate into the two groups? I haven't brought this up with my group yet, but I figured I should find out if it was possible for all of us to get pictures together first. Thank you! I'm very excited you'll be at Ohayocon this year!

Admin
12-08-2004, 09:14 AM
I stopped doing groups larger than 3 because every time I ran late for the next photoshoot it was because of finishing up with a big group of 4 or 5.

If you purchase a 2 and a 3 I'm fine with combining them into one big shoot. Just be sure to purchase them right next to each other. :) The good thing is it'll turn into a 30-40 minute shoot that way, whereas before I would still do the 5-person group in the original 15-20 minute allotment.

Rameana
12-08-2004, 02:07 PM
I'm very interested in this. I just need to pick the costumes and have 1 or 2 people join me. I'm glad you are coming to this convention!!! I love all the photoshoots you do.

Admin
12-08-2004, 09:35 PM
Shoots are now up in the store:

http://store.cosplay.com/home.php?cat=2400

Rameana
12-08-2004, 10:30 PM
Nevermind my question.

pixiekitty
12-09-2004, 08:40 AM
Kyle, do you know where you are meeting with the photoshoot people yet? Or are you just going to post that closer to the con.

Admin
12-09-2004, 09:21 AM
I'll have meeting place details closer to the con.

Lady
12-09-2004, 09:56 AM
CURSES! PayPal only! I guess I'll have to try and beg a friend to get me a time with her account or something.

Will there ever be a second option of payment in the future? Maybe money order?

Admin
12-09-2004, 10:02 AM
I can take a money order, yes, PM me for details because I'll have to manually add it to your order in the store. I don't have it set up yet because I haven't made an automated page for it. Pure laziness on my part.

We're about 2 weeks away from being able to accept regular credit cards as well, but the shoots will probably be gone by then.

Rameana
12-09-2004, 05:57 PM
I have a question now.
If I buy a slot for one, and I want to change to 2-3 people later is that possible?

Admin
12-09-2004, 06:25 PM
It's perfectly fine, as long as we change it prior to the convention - I can't accept any money at conventions for any of the shoots.

Admin
12-09-2004, 07:41 PM
A general FYI - I put 10 time slots up and 4 are already gone in under 24 hours. I don't anticipate having any more slots at Ohayocon, so if anyone is planning on getting one but waiting, please remember not to wait too long as the slots can go fast.

Admin
12-10-2004, 02:13 PM
Update: Only three spots left, all on Friday. I've had a couple of questions about the possibility of Sunday shoots - unfortunately our plane leaves Sunday afternoon so we have to check out of the hotel and head to the airport right away, sorry.

KnuxieChan
12-10-2004, 09:28 PM
God, I'd love to do a private shoot.. but sadly, the Knuxie is poor. x.x;

Shizzo
12-18-2004, 12:43 AM
yarg! I just attempted to buy the last available photoshoot (Friday at 1 PM) but PayPal had an error. So I retried and it said there was a problem and blah blah blah they are trying to fix it and sorry for the inconvience blah.

Right afterward I looked at the page with available photoshoots left on it and it now says there are none left. Does that mean I got the shoot or did someone else happen to buy it at the same time as me?
Or is PayPal's error messing everything up and making it seem like the shoot is gone when really it hasn't been paid for?

Admin
12-18-2004, 01:12 PM
I'm showing the same thing in the store - it's probably still being held in your shopping cart so if you log back in you should be able to try again.

Shizzo
12-19-2004, 05:36 PM
I'm showing the same thing in the store - it's probably still being held in your shopping cart so if you log back in you should be able to try again.

I logged into my account and it said I had one thing in my cart. When I clicked on the cart link it said I had nothing in my cart. Thinking that the page goofed and I needed to log in again I clicked the login tab and it said that one of the items in my cart was out of stock.

So...what do I do now ?_?

darkdjinn
12-24-2004, 08:06 PM
Are all the spots taken up yet? If so, let me know. Hell, I'll pay double for a spot and Jan. 16 is my birthday! Check out the photos I posted and see if I have potential. Per numerous critiques, will fix my collar so it is more upright. Also, would my live steel be allowed for the photoshoot only? I mean, my bamboo bokken is fine and all, but nothing says realism like real props. E-mail me some more info please if possible.

Lady
12-24-2004, 08:45 PM
Are all the spots taken up yet? If so, let me know. Hell, I'll pay double for a spot and Jan. 16 is my birthday! Check out the photos I posted and see if I have potential. ..... Also, would my live steel be allowed for the photoshoot only? ....

I hate to be rude, but....

1. Did you bother to take five minutes to look at the store or at any of the posts before yours? http://store.cosplay.com/home.php?cat=2400 If so, you would know the answer to your question about available spots. Potential has nothing to do with your costumes and everything to do with purchasing the photoshoot time.

2. There is no live steel allowed at Ohayocon. If you want to have live steel in your hotel room, or outside the hotel/convention center, that is okay, but you cannot have it at the actual convention.

Miyabi-
12-29-2004, 03:45 PM
Um...yeah....the photoshoots aren't for anything special. They're just for people who want professional pictures taken of their costumes for their use only and for showing off their costumes here on cosplay.com. It's not like a model search or anything.
I'd be so screwed if it were something like that! ^_^
(And your Auron costume is quite good btw!)

Admin
01-04-2005, 03:09 AM
For all those who ordered shoots - please watch your PM boxes/email for shoot information by this Friday the 7th.

Recowa
01-05-2005, 03:13 PM
Woot ok ^.^

Admin
01-07-2005, 06:13 PM
I had a long week so I'm a little behind on the info pack, if it's not there tonight it'll be there sometime tomorrow. Shooting for late tonight though.

Admin
01-08-2005, 07:41 PM
This will definitely be going out sometime this evening. Thanks for being patient everyone.

Shizzo
01-08-2005, 09:12 PM
Hooray! My friends and I can't wait to work with you!

Admin
01-08-2005, 09:38 PM
Emails have been sent - if for any reason it doesn't show up within the hour please check your spam filter or PM me. I'm going to also try to figure out everyone's c.com ID and send the PDF files via PM in addition to the email.

Admin
01-18-2005, 02:55 PM
Update on shoots: They will start going up Wednesday and should be finished Thursday. It was cold, it sucked, and I was in the cold for all 14 shoots so I got sick. Which is why I wasn't around much the rest of the con. ;)

So anyway, I'm starting them Wednesday and it should take just two evenings to get them all up. Everyone please PM me the correct info for your shoots as well so I know what to put up for it.

Bobbi
01-19-2005, 05:31 AM
I'm really excited to see how the photoshoots came out! I hope you're feeling better soon. Ohio weather in January is evil. We have two seasons here, Winter and road construction. =P

Admin
01-19-2005, 11:19 PM
A couple may go up really late tonight, but it's a pretty safe bet they'll all be going up Thursday evening. I have all of the photos from all shoots picked out and they're beginning to develop. It takes a while so I'm probably just going to let them develop overnight and not put them up in a dazed state while I'm falling asleep. :)

All of the shoots turned out great.

Admin
01-20-2005, 09:38 PM
Shoots are up.

Chibik3r0
01-20-2005, 09:47 PM
Even though I didn't get a shoot, everyone's photoshoots turned out great! Spectacular costumes everyone and great job as always Admin ^_^ At least I know what to look forward to when you arrive for Anime North!

Miyabi-
01-20-2005, 10:43 PM
Admin you did a fabulous job! I'm so excited to see our shoot! ^_^

Rameana
01-20-2005, 11:08 PM
Whoa, thanks Admin.Those pics are super super GREAT!!!!

bunnybeth
01-21-2005, 09:32 AM
Thank you for such great photos! I love how they came out. What is cosplay without great photos to remember it by?