PDA

View Full Version : Getting a Group together to register for Otakon 2003

Studmaster
12-24-2002, 12:47 PM
Since it's being done for Anime Expo, I think that it would be an excellent idea to try to do it for Otakon as well, since many people from Cosplay.com are going to the convention as well. I think it would be a great oppotunity to save money.

However, it may be a bit harder, because Otakon seemingly doesn't like for people to pay for memberships over PayPal and such, so we'll have to keep up with the details. However, now would be an excellent time to start laying down plans to pre-reg. So for all who are interested, leave a post here.

TyJILDown
12-24-2002, 03:07 PM
I'm definatly interested in doing a group preregistration ^^;;

We can always have someone in charge right a check or get a money order and send it Priority Mail with delivery confirmation to make sure everyone's money is there safe and sound ^^

We'll think of something either way.

Arashi
12-24-2002, 03:42 PM
Someone did suggest the Paypal payment option on the Otakon ML to the organizers....and they seem interested in the idea. ^^; But I agree, it would be faster that way.

Sami
12-25-2002, 12:41 PM
Question - if we pre-regged as a group, would we all have to show up as a group to pick up our badges? That might be the only thing that would trip me up (not sure when I'd be able to arrive on Friday, and I always get twitchy when I have to meet up with hordes of other people at a given time, LOL).. otherwise I'd definitely be game for it! ^__^

Studmaster
12-25-2002, 05:38 PM
I think I would have it rigged so that everyone's names are put on the registar, so that everyone can pick up their badges at the times they want to. Therefore the only thing that we can have is the savings that we will get.

Carmila
12-30-2002, 09:39 AM
I really like this idea. If I could Pre-reg with a group I would be more inclined to go!

Sami
12-30-2002, 11:06 AM
OK cool, keep me posted on it! ^_^ I'd like to as well.

Oshi
01-03-2003, 07:39 PM
I think our FF8 group is gonna be doing the pre-reg thing, Jil..

ryuichi fangirl
01-04-2003, 06:15 PM
Very interested..anything to save money as I do not wish to be poor...

Alanna-chan
01-04-2003, 07:42 PM
My friends and I are definately interested since we're all already poor enough.

TyJILDown
01-04-2003, 11:44 PM
Oshi, then how come this was not mentioned in the thread gawd damn it! I am so uninformed ;_;

lupohki
01-05-2003, 10:44 AM
I have 5 people going in my group. Let me know the details when everything is set.

Romann
01-07-2003, 12:09 AM
I'm definitely interested... I need to save all the money that I can... since I've been spending it all at JoAnn Fabrics....:(

Caranundomiel
01-10-2003, 08:15 PM
*is interested as well* But I'm with Ryuichi so however that works... we have 3 total... I think...

Hikaruchan
01-10-2003, 09:49 PM
Once details are known, please post about when money would be due. Not sure yet, but could possibly have 3 going here.

TheAnarCHris
01-12-2003, 10:50 PM
This plucky young outlaw is always down for saving sum cash man, as is the gf, so count us in

Carmila
01-17-2003, 12:13 PM
Maybe the morning shift should pre-reg as a group?

Studmaster
01-20-2003, 10:58 AM
Well, it's the end of Janurary and still nothing on registration. Oh well, paitence is a virtue, right. I'll post info on how we'll handle this soon after details are released.

Celine
01-20-2003, 11:20 AM
Given how long it took Otakon to announce dates, I expect it might still be another month or so before they give out registration info... XD Ah well, when they announce it, having a large group for pre-reg is a great idea.

Edit: Ok, still no dates, but here's the info from the ML:

First Cut-off: $35
2nd Cutoff: $40
3rd Impact: $45
At-Door: $50

Group rates will be the same as last year, $5 off the going rate at
time of pre-reg. Same restrictions as last year:

1. Groups must be 10 or more people.
2. Groups must pre-register by mail. There are no group discounts at the convention.
3. A group gets $5 off, per person.
4. Registration forms, or a type written list of the name and addresses of each person on a single sheet, and payment must be in one envelope.
5. A group leader must be designated, with contact information including phone number and e-mail (optional) listed.
6. A name must be provided for each individual in the group.
7. Groups may not add individuals at a later date.

Kurumi
01-21-2003, 08:10 AM
*nods* hmm I kinda like this group idea! It's not too shabby. Plus I'd finally get to meet some of you guys (if we all do meet up) Which would be totally cool!!! n_n gee im already getting psyched! *hehehe* anywho...I can't think of anything else to say so I think im going to skidaddle!

~*Kurumi

Studmaster
01-21-2003, 08:30 AM
Thank you Celine. I guess I'll be seeing that E-Mail right as soon as I hit my Yahoo Box.

Hmmmmm...Otakon makes things harder for this group since it doesn't know the meaning of Pay and Pal as a compound word. >_<

Oh well, I'm still interested in doing this. If you still are. Post in this Thread, and I'll give details soon.

Carmila
01-21-2003, 08:43 AM
I guess then we are going to have to deal with cash and check. That is, if one person would be incharge of taking care of it all. I know that is what my friends and I do for AWA. One person (it is ususally me) collects all the money 3 weeks or so before the first cut-off date for groups. That way it gives all the checks time to clear the bank, but cash is always best. Then we register as our group, and call it even! It works out so well!

Celine
01-21-2003, 12:27 PM
Well, the person who is going to send it all off together just has to collect all the checks/cash and put it in the envelope. That doesn't seem too bad... ^^ Another option is that everyone who wants to register can send via paypal and the collection person can write a check to cover all the paypal amounts.

Studmaster
01-28-2003, 01:21 PM
Dates have been revealed, so I decided to start fresh in a new thread.

All future discussion on this subject can be done in the new thread (http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6700)