PDA

View Full Version : Big Swords group (yes, we're compensating)

Yusuke Urameshi
12-09-2004, 07:19 AM
I was planning on going to A-Kon as Sanosuke complete with his giant Zanbatou, and one of my friends was planning on going as Guts with his dragon slayer. This got me thinking that it would be a niffty idea to form a Big Weapons group. Its just what it sounds like. A collection of people with big weapons. I'm hoping we could get some Zabuzas, Clouds, Aurons, Inuyashas (with Tetsaigas), Sangos (with Hiraikotsu), Pyramid Heads (from silent hill), and/or anyone else with a big weapon. We could do some poses where we are all about to fight, or all surrounding a pikachu cosplayer (or something else cute and furry). And if everyone was ok with it, I could make a poster that says "yes we're compensating", just for the heck of it.

Digital Blush
12-09-2004, 08:23 PM
my friend is going to be Kisame from Naruto and hes gonna make the sword. if you want to see us look out for the full body curse seal sasuke, itachi, kisame, and kyuubi naruto. :D on saturday that is.

Houki
12-10-2004, 08:55 AM
I will be going as Sango from Inuyasha, so just tell me where to meet and I will be there.

Houki~sama

ChibiKakashi
12-11-2004, 12:47 AM
i'm hoping I"ll have my 6 foot Auron sword by then ^^ yes.. I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO compensating *because in reality... I am 5 ft tall! MWAAAAAHAAAAA* and yes it will look awsome I hope >< gyah! And OO my god that sounds like fun... I wanna be in the piccie >< I think I read around 1 some day (sat?) there is going to be a final fantasy shoot so ^^; not sure what a good time would be but I think Saturday cause I'd still be Auron heh ^^

--chibikakashi
ps I am hoping to have the costume done in time for a crappy con called mini con in Tulsa OK heh ^^ I want it to be incredibly accurate so as soon as I get some x-mas money OO I am SOOOOOOOOO buying material for everything heheeheh ^^

Yusuke Urameshi
12-11-2004, 01:02 AM
heh, yeah....when the time for the con gets closer, we can set what time we could gather at. It'll most likely be sat. Hopefully a concert or something isnt happening. Although, there are only going to be like 2 concerts this year instead of 4 so that should make planning easier.

Yusuke Urameshi
04-05-2005, 06:52 PM
well.....its getting closer to the con. I have officially completed my Zanbatou.

Does anyone else plan to have a big weapon? Perhaps we could expand it to encompass all weapons.

Kagz
04-06-2005, 03:09 PM
I don't know if Hiraikotsu counts as a sword but I will have it... and my Inu will have a huge Tetsigua(??SP) if you want we could meet up there.

Kirara_Power
08-11-2005, 02:51 PM
I was invited to that with my Presea Ax, But it was the same time as the cosplay, and I had already gotten my entry locked in.

Rip Van Winkle
08-11-2005, 07:01 PM
Heh, good luck with your group ^_^ After Akon prop security this past year, I'll be surprised if even half of you are allowed to keep your weapons.

Keychain
08-18-2005, 10:50 AM
Depending on what day you have this, I could cosplay as Link from Ocarina of Time with Biggoron's Sword. I'm planning something for Friday, so I'm trying to keep that a free day for me to play with.

Scortia
08-19-2005, 12:44 AM
Well if I get around to making the sword for my Kurikara costume, it'll be about 6 feet tall. Geh... luggage. *_* Mine will be made of foam so it can probably clear security no problem.

Yusuke Urameshi
08-23-2005, 09:40 PM
Heh, good luck with your group ^_^ After Akon prop security this past year, I'll be surprised if even half of you are allowed to keep your weapons.

XP this is true.....

Next A-Kon I'm going as Bankotsu complete with his 12ft Banryuu :devil:

Fatal Framed
08-23-2005, 10:14 PM
XP this is true.....

Next A-Kon I'm going as Bankotsu complete with his 12ft Banryuu :devil:

WOW, gOoOd LuUuUcK!

Hope it turns out good.

SushiKai
08-24-2005, 03:58 AM
if i wasnt having enougth trouble getting costume sorted, let alone a big sword, id totaly join you guys :)
and you better make that poster into a high res wallpaper too ^-^

Yusuke Urameshi
08-24-2005, 07:56 AM
Last years big weapons group was a bit onorganized. We actually had two groups in different places :thumbsup: . On the printouts it said "by the registration tables", but this year the tables for the pre-reg and normal reg were somewhat far away from each other.