PDA

View Full Version : First time at A-Kon

the only vash
12-11-2004, 06:32 AM
Well, how the title says, this will actually be my first time at A-Kon. And my second anime convention at that, my first being Oni-Con 1. Well getting back on topic, I have heard some great things about A-Kon, and I waned to know, what can I expect from A-Kon? And also, what were your first times there like?

Tenya Muyo
12-11-2004, 11:56 AM
I had the good fortune of A-kon 11 being my first ever convention (i didn't even know there were such cons back in my anime newbie days). A-kon can be a sensory overload, but in a good way. It's big, so expect TONS of people! You'll probably end up making tons of new friends. There will be so many events and stuff going on, you won't know what to do first. A-kon pulls in some really good guest and music (Psycho Le Cemu......need i say more ^_^). Dealer room............well this where i usually go broke if i don't excersise some control! It's huge!! Generaly, A-kon's just some great fun. And it's better now that it's in a bigger venue (my god, we have space!!) NEWayz..... i think you'll have a great time there! Hope this helped a little.

Ryo Ikari
12-11-2004, 02:46 PM
A-kon15 was i 1st con ever and i had so much fun there. ^_^

Rip_The_Hunter
12-11-2004, 04:41 PM
A-Kon 14 was my first and it was lots of fun. Especially when it came to the Cosplay Contest :rofl: It was a great experiance!

ZakuKitty
12-11-2004, 04:50 PM
My first con was UshiCon 2 ^___^ That makes five cons total for me so far. :D

A-Kon is a big con but it's fun. I hope you have a good time. ^^

the only vash
12-11-2004, 07:04 PM
thanks for the infor guys, i'll be expecting great things for a-kon 16 then.

ElvishBoi
12-30-2004, 09:13 PM
thanks for the infor guys, i'll be expecting great things for a-kon 16 then.

Hey! That's pretty cool this will be your first Akon... I'm plannin on going to it this 2005 myself, and I haven't been to Akon before! Maybe I'll bump into some of the people from this thread, anyway.. the con sounds like it'll be fun :)

AoKoneko
01-02-2005, 08:06 AM
My first A-kon was A-kon12. But my first Anime kon was in Colorado when I was 8. I think it was a mix though of Treeky & anime. Still fun though ^_^
If this is going to be anyone's first Project A-kon. Contact me. My friends and I can get pretty wild & we make sure we do just about everything the kon has to offer & also everything out side the kon.
Please do take care
*waves* bai te bais c ya at A-kon16 ^.~ja
~AK~

n00bdragon
01-09-2005, 09:31 PM
I am planning on going this year with a friend. He went last year and had so much fun I thought I would go this year as well. I have never been to a con before but if you see an Umbreon around don't forget to say hi! ^_^

Fallen)x(Angel
01-09-2005, 09:34 PM
Well, how the title says, this will actually be my first time at A-Kon. And my second anime convention at that, my first being Oni-Con 1. Well getting back on topic, I have heard some great things about A-Kon, and I waned to know, what can I expect from A-Kon? And also, what were your first times there like?

Exact same with me. Oni-con was my first, and A-kon will be my second. And this is my first A-kon too! ^_^

AkitoSohma
01-12-2005, 06:55 PM
A-Kon 15 was my first con and aside from a few setbacks it was a blast! I was lovingly accosted by someone who recognized the character I was cosplaying and got lots of hugs and pictures taken with her and her friends. I met a few people there that I saw again at Oni-Con 2004 and we had a lot of fun...until I got sick, which is another story entirely. Needless to say, I enjoyed A-Kon a thousand times more than Oni-Con, but through no fault of the Oni-Con organizers. It was just a bit claustophobic to me and to top it off I got sick and only got to go the first day ~_~

Well, hope to see you at A-kon! Have fun and bring friends!

You're a Houstonian, too, huh? Coolness. ^_^

Anime_Otaku_Mel
01-31-2005, 08:38 PM
A-Kon 16 will be my first real con. I wanted to go to Oni-Con like crazy, but couldn't. I can't quite remember why I didn't go. I think it was that I didn't have enough money, and I gave my parents too short of a notice. But anyway... I am really excited but yet really nervous... I'm not quite sure what to expect other than lots of people. I pray someone comes up to me and says they recognize me from Cosplay.com... ^^ I know I'll recognize a bunch of people... Anyway, I'll hopefully see you all there!

Mitchi
01-31-2005, 09:32 PM
Wow, i see A-kon is possibly gonna be great.

This will be my first con over here, since my frist ever con was in teh philippines and was a total and utter dissapointment..i mean, the darn room was...let's jsut say small for what you may expect. XD

kodiak33
02-03-2005, 07:58 AM
Akon 13 was my first and I must say for someone who doesnt own traditional Anime costumes the fans that turned out were extremely nice and accepting. I got lots o pics with everyone and I was very impressed with the high level of craftmanship of some of the other costumes. I didnt win any costume contests but I had a great time! Speaking of costume contests I just wanted to give all the Texas folks a heads up about All-Con www.all-con.org which is this weekend (Feb. 4-6) in Dallas. There is alot of entertainment lined up for the event including COSTUME CONTESTS, a MASQUERADE/MARDI GRAS BALL, and a MRS. STAR WARS CONTEST. There are lots of cool prizes to be given away including an authentic Princess Leia replica belt and Han Solo holster ( a combined value of over $500). This is a great chance to get in on the ground floor of an annual event. Come help support a local fan run convention! I look forward to seeing everyone there!

Fire Elemental
02-08-2005, 08:22 AM
This be my first A-Kon too, and my very first con was Oni-Con also, lol. Who are you going as? I try to see if i can meet up w/ you or somethin

the only vash
02-08-2005, 10:22 AM
Wow, I'm starting to feel like I won't be the only one that will be experiencing A-Kon for the first time. Last time I counted, I will be taking about 12 people with me, I still have to confirm that with them though. Anywho, I do hope to meet a lot of you guys over there, my brother and I will try to do a duoo cosplay of Itachi and Kisame from Naruto. If we can't get it together in time, we will just bek some random hitmen from a random anime I guess, lol. Hope to see you guys there.

kawai_riceball
02-08-2005, 08:10 PM
a-kon 16 will be my second con, but the first hardly counted since I was only there for one day, so im really excited about going to a-kon!

pinkkillerbunny
02-16-2005, 08:21 PM
this will be my first to go to a-kon but i have a good idea how great it will be and i have a great costume in mind well ya i g2g and i hope everything goes great there

Kate-chan
02-26-2005, 07:08 PM
Yay! My Dad's probably gonna take me!^_^ It's going to be my first real con too if so!
AND if he doesn't I got cousins around Dallas!
Planned to wear
Will (W.i.t.c.h., want to have group)
Kikyou (InuYasha, want group)
and Izayoi, Inu's mama (InuYasha)

musicalmafia
02-27-2005, 11:19 AM
AKon 16 is going to be my first con
^_^ I'm a bit nervous, but I've got a few friends planning on going

(which most are boys... so I'm the main costume sew-er/decorator XD I should ask for money to make them costumes!)

I'm most definately planning on KH cosplay,
but my two others are still in the thinking process with my friends cause we can't decide on one ^_^;;

ZakuKitty
02-27-2005, 11:23 AM
WEEE! Lots of new people. : ) This one will be my...3rd A-Kon so my 8th con I believe.

Sey
03-09-2005, 07:12 PM
A-Kon 2005 will be my first con ever o_o...I'm a little excited and a little scared.

still_lost
03-12-2005, 01:00 PM
Yay It's going to be my first con to!! See you all there! <3 :p

Syphon
04-03-2005, 08:15 PM
Woot, lotsa new people going. Wonderful. I went last year, and it was my first convention, Ushicon4 was my second.

One thing to say, and it's probably a no-brainer, but...It's HOT. Especially if you have a costume that's big and heavy (like my vinyl vash coat [see pictures in profile.]). Expect to sweat, and remember where those water tables are, and remember to use them.

I hope to see all of you there!

Fatal Framed
04-16-2005, 12:34 AM
This is my first Con too!. I'm also a bit nervous.

HackerEd
04-16-2005, 09:41 AM
This is my first A-kon, but it'll be my 5 con altogether....my friend told me about every year that she's gone, and I can't wait to finally go^^ Most of my costumes I have planned are naruto related, plus my EGL.

Edward and Ein
04-16-2005, 10:19 AM
This is my first A-kon, but it'll be my 5 con altogether....my friend told me about every year that she's gone, and I can't wait to finally go^^ Most of my costumes I have planned are naruto related, plus my EGL.

Welcome to A-kon fellow ED! -passes out headless plushies to EVERYONE!-\ :thumbsup:
-Ed

SchizoIori
04-18-2005, 10:15 AM
This A-kon will be my 7th con. I have to say that from all my experiences I've had lots of fun even when I was sick. (I was sick A-kon 2003 and AnimeFEST 2004 but still went) This is going to be the first year I've had money to have my own room. I crashed with people at the last AnimeFEST. I'm almost absolutely positive that all you first timers will have a lot of fun. I know I did. I'd definately think it'd be cool to meet people from here. So if you see an Itachi walking around on saturday with a birthday hat on feel free to come talk to me.

the only vash
06-06-2005, 07:20 AM
My first Akon was a blast. I had so much fun, there was always something to do. Although it was a bit embarassing that I was walking around with a "Yaoi, My anti drug" tshirt. Many people had a good laugh about it, I guess I was the only one wearing one on Saturday and Sunday. Few people took pics of the shirt, I really didn't mind. I had to explain to many people that I don't like yaoi, it was merely just a dare. If anyone else thought it was funny, please let me know, I was like the only big guy wearing a yaoi shirt.