PDA

View Full Version : Any Comic-Con attendees for '05?

Bramblerose
12-12-2004, 12:22 PM
I hope to go.. It would be my first cosplay!

Akato
12-12-2004, 02:26 PM
Yeah! Im going too!!! my fisrt time cosplaying... and second time going to comic con... -__- ^^;

Chibi Plush Toy
12-12-2004, 03:31 PM
Shoot yeah I'm going. I made a deal with my mom so she'd let me go ^_~ but I won't get into that right now...anyway I live right near it...yes I have a residence in Downtown :P

Bramblerose
12-12-2004, 10:03 PM
WOO!! I live in Chula Vista.. 10 minutes from SD. ^^

ArimaSoichiro
12-12-2004, 10:07 PM
I'll probably attend once again to Comic-con. It was pretty fun, 'cept for the harsh glomps I received for being Sasuke. I was just wondering if more Anime Characters will be cosplayed next year because to me, I didn't see much. I know I know, Its not an Anime expo, its an AMERICAN COMIC convention, so what? A little more asian variety didn't hurt, did it?

Akato
12-12-2004, 10:32 PM
I'll probably attend once again to Comic-con. It was pretty fun, 'cept for the harsh glomps I received for being Sasuke. I was just wondering if more Anime Characters will be cosplayed next year because to me, I didn't see much. I know I know, Its not an Anime expo, its an AMERICAN COMIC convention, so what? A little more asian variety didn't hurt, did it?
I totally agree with you, I mean there’s has to be variety!! Yeah!! The point its to know more things and be open minded and have fun!! :bigtu:

ArimaSoichiro
12-12-2004, 10:40 PM
I totally agree with you, I mean there’s has to be variety!! Yeah!! The point its to know more things and be open minded and have fun!! :bigtu:

I'm glad someone agrees with me. Now come on you cosplayers! Lets show more anime costumes at Comic-con!

Dany
12-13-2004, 12:49 PM
ComicCon is a 60/40 chance, with the 60 leaning towards "yes, I'll be there".

I'll have two anime costumes done by then, and likely some improvements on my Masquerade entry for this year.

...and if I'm REALLY productive...I'll even have a Masquerade entry for THIS year. But don't hold your breath on it.

Varan
12-15-2004, 03:42 AM
I might have a booth at the Comic Con

kelldar
12-15-2004, 09:27 AM
I loved it last year, I definitely plan to go again next year :D

BlueLady
12-15-2004, 11:42 PM
I'll be there.. like every year. I hope i get to cosplay though. Im working and interviewing during comic con

ZiggyB
12-16-2004, 05:12 PM
Wouldn't miss it. :)

As for costumes a really really tenative plan is to do Reboot, Ninja Gaiden and probably my Beast Boy costume again. Of course this list will probably change right before I leave to drive for 10 hours. LOL. :)

Bramblerose
12-16-2004, 11:22 PM
As for me, I'd like to cosplay as "Major" Motoko Kasunagi from Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex.

Comic-Con is closest to home, and although I'd like to go to Anime Expo.. I think I should stick to this one for now.

Keiichi-san
12-18-2004, 01:16 PM
My and a friend will be attending next year, definately. :rockon:

-K1

ohhgeezitshey
12-18-2004, 06:41 PM
Its going to be my second year attending CC :) . Cant wait! ill be debuting my costumes for the first time, hope all goes well :skidude2:

Hitoshirenu
12-26-2004, 05:37 PM
Woot! CCI-05, just like the past three years now. Of course i'll be there. Like j00 guys, this'll be my first official time cosplaying. BTW, if everything goes right, look for a Naruto group there - that'll be me and my friends spending one last time together before we go to college *sniff* So far, we've got a Naruto, a Sakura, a Haku, a Sasuke, and a Kakashi.

BTW2: i can't wait to meet fred gallagher again. i think i pissed him off this year. poor guy was tired, and i flashed a disposable in his face.

Cynthia
12-26-2004, 08:12 PM
Don't know what I'll wear, but then again, I'm uncertain as to whether or not I'm coming. I'm hoping to make it out this year, since due to unfortunate circumstances last year, I was unable to make it ;_;

Ally D
12-26-2004, 09:20 PM
If all goes well and I can save up the $ this year will be my 3rd time attending CC 1st time debuting a costume. Anyone have any ideas for raising money so I can make it?

Natchan
01-02-2005, 06:26 AM
I went last year and it was awsome, I am deffinately going this year. Hey did anyone see The Relena Peacecraft in her nice coat and(and glasses), because if you did... that was me!

ArimaSoichiro
01-02-2005, 08:08 PM
I went last year and it was awsome, I am deffinately going this year. Hey did anyone see The Relena Peacecraft in her nice coat and(and glasses), because if you did... that was me!

Wha? That Relena was you?!?! Well gave me quite a shock, considering that a friend of mine (Gundam wing otaku) went berserk trying to make me find you again to take a picture so she can awe in beauty of your great cosplay. Good job!

raevyn
01-02-2005, 08:47 PM
If the plans me n' Gowa have work out, we'll be with the Naruto group as Anko (her) and Yondaime (me :D)

Natchan
01-03-2005, 12:34 AM
Wha? That Relena was you?!?! Well gave me quite a shock, considering that a friend of mine (Gundam wing otaku) went berserk trying to make me find you again to take a picture so she can awe in beauty of your great cosplay. Good job!
Thats great that you saw me, if your friend still wants a picture, I can email one, or in a few days when I post my pics you can just pull it off of there. :love:

Dejection
01-03-2005, 02:19 PM
I'm going, itll be my fourth year and my third year cosplaying there. I personally like that there is mostly comic costumes there. I'm not really an anime fan. =X Though, anime does create some crazy costumes. I love comic con. I got my room today. =3

TechieCL
01-03-2005, 02:57 PM
Barring no radical changes in my schedule, I should be hitting Comic-Con. Most likely I'll be the Player 1 from "Typing of the Dead" since it'll be easily airline carry-on transportable when its done.

grandis
01-04-2005, 10:23 PM
Nemo and I make the trip out every few years, and this year is the year! We're really looking forward to meeting up with lots of folks, especially esteemed mod Karisu and family!

Nemo isn't 100 percent sure what he's taking yet, but we think Confessor from Astro City and Samurai Jack, since those are done.

Me? Well, I'm hoping for Cate Archer from No One Lives Forever, a Slytherin uniform from Prisoner of Azkaban (different than the first two movies), Lust from Full Metal Alchemist, Lois Lane from Superman: The Animated Series, and the Golden Age Wonder Woman for the costume contest.

We'll see what we can get done, at any rate. :p

I'm really looking forward to meeting people there! Don't forget hotel sign up begins on January 12!

Grandis

ACXchan
01-05-2005, 04:00 AM
I'm going to SDCC 05 as well, will probably be attending as the Prince of Persia (Sands of Time version), Archangel (X-Men, 1602 version), and either a revision of my Shen costume or as The Doctor (both from The Authority).

Neo_Serenity
01-06-2005, 12:33 AM
Me and my friends will be there as well in various costumes. Which are (as always) a secret till you see me at the con! ^^

Kitsune-sama
01-06-2005, 10:51 PM
I'm surely going!! ^^;; Even my organization is hopefully making their debut....(Be sure to look for a group wearing school uniforms with signs and nets...Nyahaha!!)

I think I might go as Shindou Shuichi from Gravitation...Gotta love the pink hair ^.^

And I hope I'll finish my Benimaru of KOF, Ed of Full Metal Alcemist, and Dark Fox Girl costumes by then!! Find me, and I'll give you candy!! :thumbsup:

adachi_momo
01-06-2005, 11:13 PM
Darn straight, I'm goin' =D I'll probably be the only Yuna there this year though - apparently, everyone's moved onto other things. ;-; leaves me without a Tidus to track down and glomp. Ah, well. ^^ It's still a kick-arse time!!

ArimaSoichiro
01-07-2005, 02:03 AM
Darn straight, I'm goin' =D I'll probably be the only Yuna there this year though - apparently, everyone's moved onto other things. ;-; leaves me without a Tidus to track down and glomp. Ah, well. ^^ It's still a kick-arse time!!

Hey, FYI There is always someone who goes as Tidus, just have to look hard for him. Last Year the guy was wearing a Japanese Male school uniform but had the hair, sword, and necklace. See? It's a matter of finding Tidus. Maybe if you whistle, he'll come running? (Sorry, couldn't help it.)

Reno_kun
01-07-2005, 03:37 AM
been going to comic-con for quite a while now be there with my Red X and a few others

Reno_kun
01-07-2005, 03:42 AM
Yea I know him he's one of my friends. his tidus coustems was given away by mistake.

adachi_momo
01-07-2005, 09:52 AM
XD I'll try whisteling. It'd be all....cheesy-happiness. S'ank you though. I saw -one- last year all dressed up, but only in the halls outside of the convention center - never inside. =/ Wonder what that was all about...? He was nice though - very cute too!! ^___^

Gowa-chan
01-08-2005, 01:43 AM
I'm planning on going-my first time at Comic-con, but my thrid convention.

alicenine
01-09-2005, 01:48 PM
*waves hands* Oh! My friends and I went last year and now we're going again! Last year we went as Illuminati P-type Gackt and Mana (yes, I know, it's a the ComicCon). But we saw an amazing Macabre Kyo cosplayer, so we weren't completely alone. ~_~' This year, though, she's going as Utena and I'm trying to get a costume together for Kaoru (from Dir en grey). Is anyone else going as a jrocker???

EDIT: lol, I guess not...? Oh well, I guess I'll try to get a Chii costume ready...

Mandy Mitchell
01-11-2005, 10:37 PM
I'm actually going there this year! It'll be my first time there in four years!

Space Invader
01-25-2005, 12:59 PM
I'm probably going ^_^. I'll have a few costumes with me as well... wait until you guys see the masquerade costume I'm cooking up :D.

Dr.Noe
01-26-2005, 01:12 AM
Year 3 for Comic-Con. Everything's taken care of 'cept registering. However, not sure exactly what's going to be worn, possibly new things, but have several cons along the road to SDCC to worry about first.

Tokyo Kitty
01-26-2005, 06:01 AM
This will be my first year, but I think it'll be a blast ^_^

Anele
01-26-2005, 08:47 PM
I'm rooming with Ms. Tokyo Kitty ^^, so... I guess that means yes? Year one for me, too.

Anna_Chan
01-27-2005, 09:47 AM
Oohh, me, me, mee!! I'll be going with a huuge group of friends (like we do every year) and I'll probably be participating in the 31st Masquerade this year, as Ryo-Ohki!

Kitsune-sama
01-30-2005, 04:39 AM
Oohh, me, me, mee!! I'll be going with a huuge group of friends (like we do every year) and I'll probably be participating in the 31st Masquerade this year, as Ryo-Ohki!

^^;; Dun worry...I won't get lost again.....I promise!! :bigtu:

Firestar
01-30-2005, 09:43 PM

Ooh, I hope to go. Were moving over the summer but im hopeing tht we dont sell the house untill comic-con is over. I would love to see it one more time. I dont think I'd cosplay cause its a comic convention, not anime, even though many ppl cosplay comic cons anyways. But yea, hopefully, I see u all there. ^_^

Natchan
02-03-2005, 02:01 PM
I am hoping to go with a fairly decent sized group, and I will be cosplaying as Magi from .Hack//Legend of the Twilight. :)

ArimaSoichiro
02-04-2005, 07:19 PM
I'm not sure If I can attend anymore, got summer school to attend for pre- calc. Sad day. If I want to go I have to: 1) Convince my parents that they can trust me to raise my grade. 2) Save up money[ I'll be broke making my costume] 3) See if I can skip Summer school for a day or two. [My school only allows TWO days of absence] 4) Pray to Kami-sama. [God] That I can go. And yeah... So everyone, please wish me some luck and support. I really want to meet you all, but curse my karma, I have to work my @$$ off to do so. I HOPE, REALLY HOPE, to see you at CC05!

Milai Sapphire
02-08-2005, 06:38 AM
hopefully i might be able to attend this one this year. my fencing coach was telling me more about this convention (since i've never been). i don't know...it's two weeks after AX, so maybe since i'd have most of my costumes done...i might think of volunteering...and maybe wear my bleach manga cosplay...^_^ we'll see...must first see where i'm going to pay for all these conventions i want to go to first

BlueLady
02-08-2005, 01:22 PM
I volunteered for a few years before I got my pro pass, and it is an excellent experience. You do actually fun slave service for a few hours, then you are free to roam for free.

I reccomend volunteering for the masquerade ( dont have to wait in line for tickets and meet lots of people) the big panels ( cake walk, yu just look for poeple with cameras and again dont have to wait in line) and the art show. The eisners are fun to work too, but go late.

Kusanagi
02-08-2005, 03:53 PM
I'll be entering the masquerade with my 3 year old cousin. We're going to be Cait Sith :-)

Milai Sapphire
02-09-2005, 03:21 AM
I volunteered for a few years before I got my pro pass, and it is an excellent experience. You do actually fun slave service for a few hours, then you are free to roam for free.

I reccomend volunteering for the masquerade ( dont have to wait in line for tickets and meet lots of people) the big panels ( cake walk, yu just look for poeple with cameras and again dont have to wait in line) and the art show. The eisners are fun to work too, but go late.

Ooh thanks for the advice! Do you know if you're allowed to dress in your cosplay outfit during work hours? I might seriously just consider volunteering....that way I don't have to pay and then can go roam and have fun (but chances are that it'd be me by myself at the con...T_T that'd suck)...XD but ahh the great deals of life :p

jetspectacular
02-10-2005, 02:49 PM
yes, you're allowed to cosplay while volunteering (well, within reason. as long as you can walk/run easily and do not obstruct others, etc)

a lot more about volunteering is at this thread from last year:
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=38974

hope it helps :3

Majin Buu
02-10-2005, 08:28 PM
You know, even though I haven't planned on going, I actually am considering going over there. Anime Expo 2005 is a definite "yes", Comic-Con...."yes/no/maybe"? It depends on how much money I have. It also depends if I will be able to do two cons within a 3-4-weeks period. It would be a definite yes for both if I actually 1. lived in CA. or 2. if I actually get to spend time in CA for a month. Right now, though, I'm residing in Arkansas (trying to get out of that area)...which could making going to two cons in Southern CA a bigger challenge.

If so, this would be my first visit to Comic-Con (would be my fifth visit to a major convention, after AX 2005) and my first visit to San Diego.

BlueLady
02-11-2005, 12:37 AM
yes.. I cosplay almost all the time when I volunteer ( except for the eisners )

You cant get caught up with pciture taking or anything though. Work is work hahaha

AnimegirlParnaz
02-11-2005, 11:36 AM
This will be my first year going to comic-con. I don't know what costumes I'll be wearing there yet.

Geode
03-13-2005, 01:11 AM
This will be my 9th year of the Comic Con in a row; the 1st with me doing any cosplay.

Definitely going there as Kaiba Seto(Yu-Gi-Oh) and Urameshi Yusuke(Yu Yu Hakusho), although I'm also considering Jonouchi Katsuya(also Yu-Gi-Oh) and Armbrust(Kiddy Grade). Of course, I still need to finish Kaiba and Yusuke first. One step at a time, one step at a time... :thumbsup:

Geode
03-13-2005, 01:19 AM

I've seen quite a few over the last few years. A few Lina Inverses, some of the Sailor Senshi, quite a few Vash and Wolfwoods, one San(Princess Mononoke), some DBZ characters, some Kuramas, a lot of Edward Elrics, many Inuyashas and a Sango, and others that I can't recollect right now.. I've seen much more last year and the year before, compared to say, six or seven years ago.(Definitely a proof of how anime's popularity has increased in the US in the last few years)

grandis
03-14-2005, 11:44 AM
Decided against entering Golden Age Wonder Woman in the masquerade. I'm still making it, but I got zen this weekend, and decided I don't want awards for my work. I've had some, and that's cool, but I'm not here for that.

So, I'll be watching you all on stage. Good luck.

Grandis

juu
03-22-2005, 01:10 AM
im suppose to go, but its not looking to likely. my friends cousin always has a stand there*aswembar* and she wanted me to go, but im going to anime expo and i have to go to naruto con, so it doesnt look like ill have the money for it ^^ all well.. ive never been to a con with anything more then just anime.

Natchan
03-22-2005, 03:44 PM
I'm not sure If I can attend anymore, got summer school to attend for pre- calc. Sad day. If I want to go I have to: 1) Convince my parents that they can trust me to raise my grade. 2) Save up money[ I'll be broke making my costume] 3) See if I can skip Summer school for a day or two. [My school only allows TWO days of absence] 4) Pray to Kami-sama. [God] That I can go. And yeah... So everyone, please wish me some luck and support. I really want to meet you all, but curse my karma, I have to work my @$$ off to do so. I HOPE, REALLY HOPE, to see you at CC05!

Good Luck *hands you a arm full of luck charms*, I would hate to see anyone who had their heart set on it not be able to go. :woah:

Tommy Hall
03-30-2005, 08:12 PM
Hi everyone, me and my buds are going to check this event out. I hope it`s worth it. later

Erik Kellstrom
03-30-2005, 08:17 PM
Hi tom and others, we will be joining you there dude. later

ACXchan
03-31-2005, 06:15 PM
Comic Con is always worth it XD I semi-finalized my costume list:

John Constantine (Sean Phillips style)
The Corinthian (probably blonde style)
Prince of Persia (Sands of Time baby)
a toss up between Shen and a Brom girl @D@

ArimaSoichiro
04-14-2005, 12:25 AM
Good Luck *hands you a arm full of luck charms*, I would hate to see anyone who had their heart set on it not be able to go. :woah:

Thank you, and Hurray for me, I have a high possibility of attending the Comic-con. See ya there.

Kokuu
04-14-2005, 12:33 AM
I'll be there. Finally a con where I don't have to pay for a hotel! No clue what I'll be wearing. Probably the same stuff as AX since I don't have time to make new costumes in between.

SnowDragonX
04-18-2005, 06:08 PM
yay!! i love cosplayers. =^.^= anyways...hope i get to meet u all. i want to take loads of pictures. i'll be in a like blue chinese dress with a light blue chinese lanturn. so see u there!! ^_^ i'm sooo exited. my 2ed time going.

Yuna Summoner
04-22-2005, 01:49 PM
My tentative costumes:

Poison Ivy
New Batgirl
Samurai Yuna
Sarah from FF3
Yuna
????

I just booked my hotel for SDCC 2005. I'm going!!!!!! I'll be there from July 11th to July 17th. All native San Diego people, please let me know what I should do while I'm there! I would loooooooove restaurant ideas, bars, attractions, deals, etc.

I'm so excited to see everyone!

PikminLink
04-26-2005, 10:00 PM
ill be going again this year..my costume list soooo far is
Link (chainmail version)
Ocarina of Time Link
Fierce Diety Link
LTTP Link
Prince Marth
Harry potter (uniform, and muggle)

and im cluelesss as to what else i want to take >_>;

sabaku_kyuu
04-27-2005, 12:59 PM
I'll be going this year for the first time, my costume list so far is:
Death from Sandman
Dr girlfriend from the Venture brothers

ArimaSoichiro
05-04-2005, 02:08 AM
It is now official, my Anime club from UCHS is attending... An estimate about ~ 20 people will be going... and I have to lead them, well more like stop them form stalking you fellow cosplayers. I'm sorry in advance to those Naruto (Narutos run, I mean RUN), FMA (most especially Roy and Ed) , Gravitation, Inuyasha, Gundam SEED, FF series, Zelda, and .//HACK (Most any costume to do with videogames and anime mainly). I'll do my best to stop them, but I'm only one person. But if you don't really mind having them bother you, that would be a relief on myself. I bet most of you are used to having fans, right? So yeah, I'd just like to let you all know... But they're not all that bad of people, just very "OMG, Its so-and-so! AH! I must take piture with/ bum rush tackle (glomp)." Ehehe.

RivetSPOOn
05-05-2005, 01:32 PM
I'll be going; have to do some news coverage for the website I work for ^^;;
Kinda lookin' for some people to room with, too. Not looking forward to the hour and a half commute >_>

Not sure which costumes I should bring; I have mostly anime/manga related, and two Metal Gear Solid costumes... *pout*

Moon Prince
05-05-2005, 02:49 PM
I'm going to be wandering the dealers hall on saturday... I never see anybody that I know. ;-;

I'm going in one of my 'civilian' cosutmes.. I'll be wearing my Gao Yellow jacket. I always carry my G-Phone in the pocket. ^_~ I'll probably have my 'name' registered as it always is at cons "Amidala"

I don't have my 'cosplay' plans set in stone for this yet. But other options are Tuxedo Kamen (sailor moon musical) or Young Walter (Hellsing)

I am always up for meeting new people!

Angel Tifa
05-05-2005, 04:22 PM
I'm going on Saturday as Shiva from FFVIII! Then I'm going to change costumes on that same day.

TK421
05-30-2005, 08:13 PM
Keep an eye on this thread (http://www.sandiegostarwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=931&sid=91c03b70a3ff96f921f602601ff5c0c7) to get details on The San Diego Star Wars Society's attendance. We were there over by the Star Wars section, there was a full size X Wing Fighter and of course all of us in costume, I was one of the Stormtroopers and will be again this year. I don't know if there's going to be another Star Wars section I sure hope so. I'd like to know if you would all be interested in meeting. Maybe a photo shoot? I'm going to be there friday, Saturday and Sunday.

ACXchan
05-30-2005, 08:31 PM
I changed my costume list again @D@; Gonna have to update my sig banner at some point.

xmissxhellx
06-08-2005, 11:34 PM
hehe this is my second time at comicon but my first time cosplaying!! SO EXCITING!!

shii x3
06-12-2005, 07:56 PM
I'm going on Saturday or Sunday. Both if my mom hopefully lets me go for 2 days *crosses fingers* I'm gonna cosplay as Osaka from Azumanga Daioh and Cardcaptor Sakura's Pink Kitty costume. :3 I also might go to the Final Fantasy concert during the first day :D It's all one month away... I CAN'T WAIT!!! >v<!!!!!!!

Maryssa
06-13-2005, 03:03 PM
just going to be there saturday pretty much. i probably wont be in costume till the masquerade =p its too much of a pain to walk around dressed up at that con.

Dre
06-13-2005, 08:54 PM
I am definitely going!
I even have four (count 'em) four Hall Cosplay groups that I am starting:
Street Fighter, King of Fighters, SquareEnix, and Bosses of Gaming

If anyone is interested, contact me at yagamidragonx52@hotmail.com

Faint
06-14-2005, 06:55 AM
My group is definatly going, 3rd year going 2nd cosplaying. Look for the awesome Hartigan and Marv.(sin city :heart: )

ArimaSoichiro
06-15-2005, 02:18 AM
It may seem off topic, but when exactly will everyone who's cosplaying meet? And where too? I actually want to see everyone's costumes and not scower the Con for them, it wasn't fun last year I was being stalked by Sakuras while trying to find some of you guys... -_-

SnowDragonX
07-07-2005, 12:19 AM
i have a question........is there even a meeting for cosplayers? i was having fun trying to hunt down cosplayers last year but i think it'll be more fun if we all were in one place so the photographers could take pics.

Kitsune-sama
07-07-2005, 01:08 AM
Whoo!! Kitsune has a sched. for her costumes! <3

Friday: Toboe and Shuichi
Saturday: Gun Mage Yuna nad Kairi
Sunday: Shippo

Just asked for Kitsune <333

PonyNUT
07-12-2005, 03:40 PM

:jjacks: Jumps up and down ... Wish I could go too, there is a My Little Pony "toy" being sold and I need it for my massive collection...lol I like dressing up as any type of Fantasy Unicorn character--I know, not really a "movie/anime type" but some of the costumes are really great looking and it is amazing what different make-up that you put on can change the characture of the Unicorn, it can go to mad, sexy, funny, etc. :bigtu: Any takers on getting me the My Little Pony, it needs to join our 1000 piece herd. Thanks.