PDA

View Full Version : Selling a costume...it hurts *sniff*

PretearWink
12-25-2002, 12:27 PM
I've made a fatal cosplaying mistake...I spent a ton of money, a ton of time, and then lost interest with the character^_^;;;

So, in order to fund my next cosplaying project, and so this one just doesn't rot in my closet, I decided to try selling it^_^;; I figured I'd ask if anyone would want it here before I sold it on ebay....because at least I'd know it'd get a loving home^_^

The costume is Dark Riku from Kingdom Hearts. It includes:

--the "ultimate" open-faced unitard in black, never worn, retail price of $72 at any dance store. It is fully fingered and footed, and goes up the neck for a realistic Riku look. I didn't paint it, but I'll send along with the costume all the royal blue/purple and red paint I bought for the costume (about 8 tubes) plus the floater solution that you mix with it to paint on the fabric.

--a muscle chest I altered to tie in strategic places in the back to give you the realistically defined muscle-toned look for either a guy or a girl

--a double-buckled belt, hand painted purple with the white "skirt" already attatched, lacerated aesthetically, and hand painted to resemble the purple 'fire' design on it. (It flows all pretty I might add^_^)

--a seperate detachable hand painted purple belt cross that goes on the front of the skirt. The sides of the cross are metal; again for the realistic look.

It doesn't include the boots, mainly because I figure I can reuse them in my everyday wardrobe^_^ You can easily make your own with a pair of knee-high black pull-on fabric boots and the paint and floater I'll send^_^

I'm not looking to make a profit, I just don't want to see ALL of the money I spent go to waste on something I lovingly almost finished.^_^

I'd be willing to sell for 70 (plus shipping), just to make back the money on the bodysuit at the very least^_^;; If no one wants, or knows of anyone who'll be interested, I'll try e-bay. Thankies^^

:juggler:

yuffieleonheart
12-25-2002, 12:51 PM
nooooo! not your riku costume!!! i really wanted to see you were it at megacon!! (weeps) aww but if u must u must

kitty_neko
12-25-2002, 12:55 PM
ooo...it sounds really cool! do u have any pictures?

PretearWink
12-25-2002, 01:29 PM
*huggles Yuffie Leonhart* I wish the Riku obsession hadn't ended either, but it did T.T

I don't have any pictures, my scanner isn't working and my digital camera is nowhere to be found after we moved T.T

Chosuke
12-25-2002, 04:24 PM
Riku? -perk- I still Luff him! *-*

But that's 70 american right? ._.;

PretearWink
12-25-2002, 05:06 PM
*nodnod*70 american^_^

jen_kat
12-25-2002, 06:48 PM
I'd be interested.

What size is the unitard? Is it basically one size fits all?

What form of payment do you accept? [this is my big limiter... ^^;]

Chosuke
12-25-2002, 07:02 PM
Thats like double the price of my Canadian dollars ;_;..

Oh well,I can dream ._.

Chosuke
12-25-2002, 07:03 PM
Thats like double the amount in my Canadian dollars ;_;..like 100 and something

Oh well,I can dream ._.

PretearWink
12-25-2002, 09:51 PM
The size is S/M and the money can be a money order or cash^_^ I don't have a paypal account or anything^_^;;

jen_kat
12-26-2002, 02:12 AM
I'll buy it if you're willing to sell it to me.

Um, PM me info to send payment? ^^