PDA

View Full Version : Anime Couples - Ideas?

alexdrovna
12-18-2004, 05:42 PM
Hey everyone!! My boyfriend and I have cosplayed many times in the past - but never together...any ideas for cute anime couples??

Thanks for the help!

snowkirby
12-18-2004, 05:59 PM
hmm lemme see there are tons of cute couples..like inuyasha and kagome...or kenshina and kaoru..or you can do video games like in final fantasy - cloud and aeris (or tifa, whoever you think he should go with lol), rinoa and squall, tidus and yuna, etc etc. just a general suggestion good luck on the costumes :)

alexdrovna
12-18-2004, 06:39 PM
hmm lemme see there are tons of cute couples..like inuyasha and kagome...or kenshina and kaoru..or you can do video games like in final fantasy - cloud and aeris (or tifa, whoever you think he should go with lol), rinoa and squall, tidus and yuna, etc etc. just a general suggestion good luck on the costumes :)

Those are good ones - but very run-of-the-mill...I guess I'm trying to find ones that you don't see at lot at conventions.

I would love to do King Endymion & Neo-Queen Serenity....

Anbu Neko
12-18-2004, 07:56 PM
Well, my boyfriend and I have cosplayed together as Yukishiro Tomoe and Battousai version Kenshin (From the Samurai X movie)... And lots of people liked it. You can see photos in my gallery.

We're planning on cosplaying Sakura and Shaoran from CCS, Alice and Kyou from Alice 19th... and... that's really all that I can think of. Do something unorignial, but try and do it from a popular anime ^^ Good luck!

Wind Archer
12-18-2004, 08:14 PM
^
Sakura and Syaoran sound great! Lol...the only couples that I can think of now would be Keiichi and Belldandy, and Chii and Hideki.

Michi
12-19-2004, 02:02 AM
Um.. What are YOUR favorite anime and favorite characters/couples? ^^; I can't imagine cosplaying something because a stranger gave a random idea, but okay. XD

senshi_meiousei
12-19-2004, 10:00 AM
Go for couples that are scandelous! It's always more fun!!! Whenever my fiance' and myself cosplay as Tuxedo Kamen and Sailor Pluto, so many people come up to him and are like " AAawwwhh!! I'm going to tell Sailor Moon about this!!!" I find it rather amusing. So yeah, going as a couple that really is not together in the anime/manga but you think should be together is a ton of fun!!! Oh, and people KILL for pictures of you kissing! Apparently they like these "blackmail" pictures hehehe.

DaphHime
12-19-2004, 11:37 AM
I can think of two (or three) really good ones...

Excel and Ilpalazzo (Excel Saga)
Liza Hawkeye and Roy Mustang (Full Metal Alchemist)
Winry and Ed (Full Metal Alchemist)

There are a ton of good couples. It just depends and what you and your boyfriend like. I really like the idea of scandulous couples too. Squall and Quistie is another good one! :toothy:

Kumi-chan
12-19-2004, 01:39 PM
I think that Ilpalazzo would be fun for the guy...he'd get to wear those massive shoulder guards and a cape and take up half the convention hallway. 'Ha ha, quiver in fear and get out of the way, tiny otaku!'

Of course, Pedro and the Great Will of the Macrocosm would be fun, too...

WilwarinAndamar
12-19-2004, 03:54 PM
One of these days, I want my boyfriend and I to cosplay as Miroku and Sango. ^_~

InuPhoenix
12-19-2004, 07:45 PM
chii and hideki, kagome in inuyasha, miroku and sango, InuTaisho and Izayoi (inus parents) (sry fave anime ^~), ranma and akane (^^ gotta love those too), mika and tamahome from fushigi yugi.

also i agree wilwarinandamar, me and me friend/ secret crush might cosplay as sango and miroku for animeNEXT, if you are going jsut look out for the trafveling sango dragging away miroku by his ear (^^)

Blackrose666
12-19-2004, 07:54 PM
How about Lenne and Shuyin from FFX-2? Always been one of my favourites. :love:

Zephyrs
12-19-2004, 07:59 PM
Well, the only anime I could get out of your profile was SM and since you wanted something not typical... who said it had to be an actual "couple?" You could do Professor Tomoe and Kaorinite (or one of the Witches 5) or Rubeus and one of the 4 Sisters... SM villians are definitely good stuff.

Model2_Chi
12-20-2004, 02:46 AM
You could go as Faerie Fanta and Ryang Jegal from faeries Landing that is a good one I don't think many people are going to be cosplaying (plus Ryang is a very simple cosplay to do Fanta on the other hand is a more difficult one unless you do her school girl outfit. them or you could go as Medea(future Queen of Avalon at least she thinks) and Charon, they also are from faeries landing. I like sailor moon and I also like faeries landing very funny actually.
Dalia aka Yunie

Yuffie2004
12-20-2004, 05:09 AM
I see alot of Wizard & Hikaru couples! (Angelic Layer)

alexdrovna
12-20-2004, 09:36 AM
Um.. What are YOUR favorite anime and favorite characters/couples? ^^; I can't imagine cosplaying something because a stranger gave a random idea, but okay. XD

Really I'm just trying to jog the creative juices...if I see what other people have done or are doing I may think of that creative idea that was hidden somewhere!!

alexdrovna
12-20-2004, 09:38 AM
Well, the only anime I could get out of your profile was SM and since you wanted something not typical... who said it had to be an actual "couple?" You could do Professor Tomoe and Kaorinite (or one of the Witches 5) or Rubeus and one of the 4 Sisters... SM villians are definitely good stuff.

Yes, well, my friends are trying to get me out of the "Sailor Moon Rut" that I have been stuck in for quite sometime. ::blush::

Zephyrs
12-20-2004, 09:43 AM
But I can't suggest anything else if you didn't mention any other anime/video games you like... I'm definitely all for cosplaying stuff you like and not just for the costume (heck, I'm in a Wild Arms/Star Ocean rut then myself, oh well!)

Eleryth
12-20-2004, 10:56 AM
Calintz and Adora! from Magna Carta: The Phantom of Avalanche (PC video game, Korean). http://pc.magnacarta.co.kr

Calintz and Rith! From Magna Carta: Crimson Stigmata. www.magnacarta.co.kr or www.magnacarta.jp

Saladin and Sherezard... War of Genesis. Another video game. www.hyung-taekim.org has pictures (for MC, too).

Other couples... hmmmm... I'm pretty sure there've been threads on this, too...

Shiki and Arcuied/Tsukihime from Shingetsuan Tsukihime (Lunar Legend Tsukihime, I think, in English)
Pacifica and... I forgot his name, from Scrapped Princess
Hawkeye and Roy, from Fullmetal Alchemist. Even if they're not a real couple, it's totally there. ^^
Not a real couple, but Okuni and Kyo, from Samurai Deeper Kyo (she totally has a thing for him, and says so many times).
Van Fanel and Hitomi, from Escaflowne.
Kaitou Jeanne and Sinbad from Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne (or Finn Fish and Access Time [the angels]; or Maron and Chiaki)
Yahiko and Tsubame - also from Rurouni Kenshin
Mitsuki and .... well, watch Full Moon wo Sagashite, and find out. ^^
Natsuki and Batanen-sempai from Hyper Police (he really likes her, and it's quite obvious)
Charlotte and Meyer Link, from Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust (great outfits, so prettty! what a romantic couple)

alexdrovna
12-26-2004, 01:23 PM
Hey, thanks so much for these...I finally got a chance to look up the ones I didn't know....I had never heard of Full Moon - it looks so CUTE!!

Again, thanks so much for the help...really great ideas, I may end up using one and grow my anime education in the process!!

Thanks!

MemoriesofYuna
12-26-2004, 01:30 PM
chii and hediki, jimmy and rachel (case closed), inuyasha and kagome or miroku and sango is a must, lacus and Kira (gundam seed), yuki and shuichi *giggle* (gravitation and i have never seen an actual male schuichi in my life) i think chii and hediki would take the cake though. out of everytthing that would be the cutest. -Aseret Yuna

Dosu Kinuta
12-27-2004, 06:03 PM
Ranma and the girl person (cant remeber her name) from Ranma 1/2

Natchan
12-29-2004, 11:53 AM
Orphen and Cleo(Orphen), or Tanpopo and Koki(imadoki by Yu watase), Ori and Father Olivia (Gestalt), Vampire Princess Miyu and Lavra(Vamprire Princess Miyu), Charlotte and Myer(Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust), Miss Misao and Aoshi(Kenshin), Yohji and Auska(Weiss Kruez), Rick and Minmay(Robotech), Terra and Locke(FF3), Aya and Sakura(Weiss Kruez), Hotohori and Hoki(Fushigi Yugi), Kagura and Kyo(Fruits basket) Wolfwood and Milly(Trigun), Deedlit and Parn(Loddoss Wars), Sheris and Orson(Loddoss Wars), Lulu and Wakka(FFX), Ivine and Selphie(FF8), Zell and the LIbrarian(FF8), Mitsukake and Shoaka(Fushigi Yugi), Subaru and Tomahomes master(Fushigi Yugi), Hotuko and Kakyo(X), Usaryha and Mr. Kusanagi(X), Kanoe and Yuuto(X), Julia nad Spike(Bebop), Laguna and Raine(FF8), Princess Fiana and Eito(Loddoss Wars), Sakura and Lee(Cardcaptors), Duo and Hildi(Gundam Wing), Hisui and Kokuyo(Wish)Miki and Yu(Marmalade Boy), Ginta and Armini(Marmalade Boy), Noin and Zechs(Gundam Wing)Meiko and Natchan(Marmalade Boy), Lady Une and Triez(Gundam Wing), Esmeralde and Lagato(Rayearth), Eagle and Hikaru(Rayearth), Chaos and Iris(Ragnarok) Yuuhi and Aya(Ceres), Ceres and Yuuhi(ceres), Chidori and Yuhhi(Ceres)Yui and Tatsuya(Fushigi Yugi), Haku and Chihiro(Sprirted away), Meroko and Sango(Inuyasha), Sally and Wufei(Gundam Wing),Childman and Azale(Orphen), Gohan and Videl(DBZ), Umi and Asscot(Rayerath), Slain and Laylia (Loddoss Wars), Jin and Xiaoyu(Tekken), Alan and Princess Melerna(Escaflowne), Keiley and Momo(Peachgirl)Sue and Kazuhiko(Clover), Haruko and Naota(FLCL), Flying Snow and Broken Sword(Hero), Miss Megumi and Sanosuke(Kenshin), Leon and Claire(Resident Evil 2),Soma and Hattie(Argentosama), Sora and Kairie(Kingdom Hearts) Akane and Samanoske(Onimusha) Yuto and Alice(Shadow Hearts), Junnpei and Celcia(Those who hunt Elves), Ayame and Rikimaru(Tenchu), :chatah:

alexdrovna
12-29-2004, 09:35 PM
*stares blankly in amazement at the length of this list*

small_lady
12-29-2004, 09:47 PM
you can also do lady Subaru and sliver knight (.hack//sign) for a different twist or Chibiusa and Helios or Peru Peru from the movies (sailor moon) or if you like harry potter: Ron and Hermione are soo cute to do too ^_^

Jaina Solo
12-29-2004, 10:35 PM
*sigh* Well, I had a bunch of great ideas, but it seems everyone else already beat me to them! LoL!

You know, if you're looking for something that isn't run-of-the-mill, you could swap genders and cosplay! I saw the most hilarious couple--the girl went as Inuyasha, and her big, macho boyfriend went as Kagome. I'm sure you can find pictures of it on the site--it was effing hilarious.

I'm going as Kenshin to Anime LA, and my boyfriend agreed to go as Sano (yay!!!), so even though Kenshin and Sano aren't a couple, we'll still be identified from the same show (though I think it would've been funnier for him to go as Kaoru, lmao), and it will give us the opportunity to pose for some yummy *yaoi* pics, LoL!

Natchan
12-29-2004, 10:39 PM
Well I was hoping that some how that list would come in handy, since ou posted so many days ago I was afraid that you wouldn't see it, but I'm glad you did, and I hope this helps you at all. I could come up with more if you need... :)

alexdrovna
09-01-2005, 06:38 PM
Hey to the people who replied to me, I wanted to say thank you! My boyfriend and I decided to be classic and went as Squall & Rinoa from the SeeD graduation ball.

Here's a photo:
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=439098

THANK YOU!

WilwarinAndamar
09-01-2005, 09:05 PM
Ayato & whoever you want from RahXephon. There's 5 to pick from: Haruka, Reika, Quon, Megumi, and Asahina.

Or Asahina and Mamoru. *shugs*

Hitomi chan
09-01-2005, 09:35 PM
If you are petit and your boyrfriend is too tall you can be:
Jima and Ditta from Chobits
Kazuhiko and Suu from Clover (or you can also be Oruha)
Lantis and Hikaru from Magic Knight Rayearth
Zagato and Emeraude from idem
Alucard and Victoria from Hellsing

alexdrovna
09-01-2005, 09:42 PM
Thanks everyone! See my above post #28.

kojirojames2004
09-01-2005, 10:49 PM
Of course, Jessie and James or Butch (Botch) and Cassidy from Pokemon's Team Rocket would work for you.

RedPikachu
09-02-2005, 01:56 PM
Try and think of couples who have unique relationships!

Things me and and member Jao have done...Seras and Anderson from Hellsing (Anderson almost kills Seras), Arashi and Miwako from Paradise Kiss (weird abusive boyfriend with very cheerful girlfriend), Urahara and Ururu from Bleach (store manager and employee), and Asad and Lothy from Magna Carta: Crimsion Stigmata (Amelia's villanous cronies).

I think it would be awesome to see a Zoro and Tashigi couple (they have a complicated relationship) from One Piece.

Matsuki
09-02-2005, 11:24 PM
Theres a zillion but ya know,
if you watched the commentary on the last volume of DNAngel
Hiwatari and Krad tell you to cosplay DNAngel! So why not be Elliot and Freedert (not really a spoiler coz im not giving details! ^^'; ) or the uber cute couple~ Daisuke and -you'll know if you've watched it =D

Flippy
09-03-2005, 12:55 AM
My bf and I went as...
K' and Kula from King of Fighters:
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=421038
Neji and Hinata from Naruto:
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=339381
and we want to go as The Great Saiyaman and Saiyagirl from DBZ, Ed and Winry from FMA and I can't wait for this one, Rosette and Demon Chrno from Chrno Crusade.

KH_fanGirl_SW
09-03-2005, 12:56 PM
I have a very funny idea. You could go as Cloud and Sephirtoh, and if you kiss, everyone would take pictures because it would be yoai.... you could do anyone else. Up to you.

KittyAngel
09-03-2005, 01:33 PM
Hi everyone!^_^ Okay, I don't know if you know these shows, but if you don't, go to http://www.anime-palace.org for some pics. Okay, here's my list.

Ryo/Sage and Mia from Ronin Warriors/Samurai Troopers (if you go to the site, their pic gallery will be Samurai Troopers. Also, Ryo will have 2 swords and Sage will have only 1 sword)

Tidus and Yuna from Final Fantasy X or Final Fantasy X-2 (either one will be fine)

Chi and Hidaki from Chobits

Doemon Kashu and Raine Mikamora from G Gundam

Chipity Crocket and 1 of the 5 girls (that he hangs with) also from G Gundam

Darien and Sariena from Sailor Moon
Salior Mini Moon and Helios also from Salior Moon
Prince Darien and Princess Sariena also from Salior Moon

Sanji and Nami from One Piece

Tenshi and Ryoko/Ayka from Tenshi Muyo

and..... well maybe a guy Pikachu with a girl Pikachu :D Just a thought^_^ Anyway, that's all I can think of for now okay. Good luck!

Star DRagon
09-24-2005, 10:11 AM
Some suggestions:

(Macross/Robotech)

Claudia Grant & Roy Fokker
Lisa hayse & Rick Hunter
Minmay & Rick (though he will 99% of the time be ignored by her :P )
Minmay & Lynn Kyle (for the "Kissing Cousin" scandal)
Khyron & Azonia
Max & Miriya
and many more...

Actually your BF could do a passable LT Scott Bernard (just bye the hair dark blue) and you could do Marlene (think her hair was your color).

(Lodoss War)

Parn & Deedlit
Ashram & Pirotess
Spark & Neece

(Slayers)

Lina & Gourry
Amelia & Zelgadis (you know it will happen someday!)
Marteka & Zangelas (all hail the God Zomogustar!!!)
Xellos & Filia (for pure comic relief!)
Lastly: Naga the Serpent & some poor fool she got her hands on...

RevGirl
09-24-2005, 04:54 PM
Yuki and tohru or Kyou and Tohru from Fruits Basket would be adorable.
Sara and Setsuna from Angel Sanctuary? I've yet to actually see that. Hmmmm....both those couples have simple outfits....
Ashitaka and San from Princess Mononoke?
Utena/Touga, Utena/Dios from Utena
I'm gonna go think of some more....

Asuma'sFire
09-24-2005, 06:18 PM
hmm...if you wanna do Naruto based couples....
Asuma and Kurenai
Kakashi and Rin
Rin and Obitou
Naruto and Hinata ^-^
Sasuke and Sakura ^0^
hmm....Gai and Anko
Tsunade and dan
hmm...I guess that's all

Kyuriko
09-25-2005, 01:32 PM
Sailor Moon is chock full of couples to look at. There's also…

Fuu and Ferio (Magic Knight Rayearth)
Emeraude and Zagato (Magic Knight Rayearth)
Kenshin and Kaoru (Rurouni Kenshin)
Misao and Aoshi (Rurouni Kenshin)
Akesato and Yamanami (Peacemaker Kurogane)
Misato and Kaji (Neon Genesis Evangelion)
Yui and Gendo (Neon Genesis Evangelion)
Kagome and Inuyasha (Inuyasha)
Miroku and Sango (Inuyasha)
Winry and Edward (Fullmetal Alchemist)
Chii and Hideki (Chobits)
Rukia and Ichigo (Bleach)
Anna and Yoh (Shaman King)
Sakura and Syaoran (Card Captor Sakura, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle)

And Wo Ai Ni (http://woaini.midnight-grove.net) has a lovely list of anime couples you could look at as well, since it's an anime couples shrine. Good luck, and take cute pictures ^.~

Mew Berry
11-29-2005, 11:58 PM
I'm late but I wanted to put in my own opinions anyway..

Berii and Tasuku from TMM is an adorable one and I want to do that if I find a Tasuku.
Chi and Hideki (Chobits)
Riku and Daisuke (D n Angel)
Tohru and Kyo (Furuba)
Tohru and Yuki (Furuba)
Dita and Zima(if I have their names right -- Chobits)
Himeno and Hayate (Pretear)
Blue and Hige (Wolf's Rain)
Ichigo and Kish (Tokyo Mew Mew)
Ichigo and Masaya (Tokyo Mew Mew)
Wrath and Envy *cause their adorable together XD* (Full Metal Alchemist)
Riza and Roy (Full Metal Alchemist)
Winry and Ed (Full Metal Alchemist)

Celebrimbor
11-30-2005, 01:18 AM
2k-Tan and 2k-Kun.

ReiRei21
11-30-2005, 09:52 AM
What about Allen and Hitomi from Escaflowne?

APandRB
11-30-2005, 11:30 AM
RB: Team cosplays are the way to go, thats all AP and I do. Zeke and Julia Zombies Ate My Neighbors, Jin and Fuu Samurai Champloo, Tifa and Cloud are good, were doing Jakostu and Renkotsu from Inuyasha. I think couple cosplay is cool beans

Dark-sama
11-30-2005, 07:52 PM
Daisuke and Riku is a good cute couple if you've ever seen dnangel or Yuki Eiri and Shuichi from gravitation. Yes I know it gay (literally) but its still cute! pink haired guys...

SupikaStaru
12-01-2005, 12:54 AM
As weird as it may sound, but Auron/Rikku from FFX is a possibility. :P

Celebrimbor
12-01-2005, 01:32 AM
As weird as it may sound, but Auron/Rikku from FFX is a possibility. :P

I may be imagining things but wasn't there something said in the past about suggesting fan-fic pairings in couples threads? I mean, once you leave the realm of 'canon' material...

Solaria
12-01-2005, 01:37 AM
Actually, Auron/Rikku is a very popular pairing in Japan, and I believe one of the songs or something from X-2 has some pretty strong hints towards it in Japanese.

Artikgato
12-01-2005, 12:02 PM
Actually, Auron/Rikku is a very popular pairing in Japan, and I believe one of the songs or something from X-2 has some pretty strong hints towards it in Japanese.

If you're gonna do that, you could go as Yuffie and Vincent from FFVII. ^^;
j/k...though, if you DID you would make me VERY happy. Yeah, yeah... I'm insane.

Here are my ACTUAL suggestions:

Gene and Melphina from Outlaw Star, or if you want to be funny, Gene and FRED from Outlaw Star. (^^)

Shampoo and Mousse from Ranma 1/2

Lina and Gourry from Slayers (someone said that already, I'm saying it again!)

Vash and Meryl, or Wolfwood and Millie, from Trigun

Sakura and Syaoran from the Tsubasa manga, if you want more complicated costumes than those from CCS

...or one of the 5 billion other couples already suggested. :thumbsup:

SupikaStaru
12-01-2005, 06:06 PM

There is a hint in the International version: Rikku's swords in FFX-2. Yuna got Tidus's swords and Rikku got Auron's. Paine is the only one with original swords.

Back to topic, Sephiroth and Jenova would totally rock.

ViolinistBAKA
12-04-2005, 02:29 AM
Any non-cannon yaoi couple you can think of! >o<!

Bishounen bishounen!!! ^___^

Snake Pliskin
12-04-2005, 04:27 AM
well, me and my last girlfriend did matching Mr. and Mrs. Domokun costumes, it was alot of fun!. poor visibility, but still loads of fun.

Solaria
12-04-2005, 12:43 PM
There is a hint in the International version: Rikku's swords in FFX-2. Yuna got Tidus's swords and Rikku got Auron's. Paine is the only one with original swords.

Back to topic, Sephiroth and Jenova would totally rock.

Yeah, and that's the difference between Auron/Rikku and Vincent/Yuffie. One has hints in the game, purposely set there by the designers, and the other is fan-made. Not that anything is wrong with that! So if you like two characters who aren't a couple in the canon, just cosplay them *as* a couple. ^-^

Lady_Sodina
12-04-2005, 02:48 PM
Miaka & Tamahome (Fushigi Yuugi)
Sakura & Syaoran (CCS)
Sakura & Xioalang/Syaoran (Tsubasa)
Yuuko & Watanuki (XXXHolic, I know they're not a couple, but I've seen a REALLY good cosplay duo with thse two)
Alice & Kyo (Alice 19th)
Tohru & Yuki or Kyo (Fruits Baskets)
Kenshin & Kaoru (Rurouni Kenshin)
Serena & Mamoru (Sailor Moon)
Heero & Relena (Gundam Wing- I hate this pairing but it's still an option)
Miroku & Sango (Inu Yasha)
Shuichi & Eiri Yuki (Gravitation... I have had friends confuse Shuichi for a girl, so it's very possible)
Otaru & Lime (Saber Marionette J... you could also either do Cherry or Bloodberry)
Chi & Hideki (Chobits)
Keitaro & Naru (Love Hina)
Miyu & Larva (Vampire Princess Miyu)
Van & Hitomi (Escaflowne)
Dita & Zima (Chobits, I love those two *^^*)

Videogame couples:
Cloud & Tifa or Aeris (FF7, this one varies depending on which you support more)
Hiro & Lucia (Lunar 2: Eternal Blue)
Alex & Luna (Lunar: Silver Star Story)
Garnet & Zidane (FF9)
Feena & Justin (Grandia)

I also agree with whoever said to do a non-canon couple *^^* Those are always very interesting.

SerenityLight
12-04-2005, 06:31 PM
If you relly want to stand out... kiss every five minutes and do an un-couple such as...
Rikku and Tidus from FFX.
Roy and Lust, Ed and Lust, Winry and Roy, Riza and Wrath, Izumi and anyone, or Al and Winrey from Full Metal Alchemist.
InuYasha and Sango, Naraku and Kagome or Sango, InuYasha and Kagura, or Miroku and Kagome from InuYasha.

Or if you relly want to look odd to norms you could cross play any of those coples. XD

katringa
12-04-2005, 08:19 PM
I know you've already picked, but if you ever wanna do it again.. Sasuke x Sakura are the best together xD

LapT0p
10-01-2012, 12:49 AM
Maka and Soul --- Soul Eater