PDA

View Full Version : Some questions: Tsubasa, Chrno Crusade, Full Moon

sorachan
12-19-2004, 06:37 PM
I'm working on several costumes right now, and I've got a lot of time, and I want to make sure they look as good as they can, so I thought I'd throw my questions out there for you guys. I apologize if this stuff has been asked before in some post I missed.

1. I'm working on Kurogane from Tsubasa, and I'm having some trouble hemming the cape. Does anyone have any special techniques for this? The bottom edge is curved, and the material keeps getting scrunched up as I try to turn it while I hem. Also, this is one of those capes with a stiff collar, that stands up in front of my face. I've never had any luck with interfacing, and I was wondering if there were any other ways to acomplish the same effect.
Also, he's got a sword. Your basic katana, with a fancy hilt that looks like a dragon head (sorry I don't have any referance pics for this). I'd like something that looks nice, but is also cheap, so it doesn't have to be perfect. I'd be willing to sacrifice some quality for sturdiness also.

2. I'm planning on making a Rosette outfit from Chrno Crusade, the field outfit, with sexy slits up the sides ;p. I'd like this one to look really nice, but I'm not sure where to start. I'm thinking of getting a pattern to alter, but I can't seem to find one that's quiet right. Any general suggestions? Specific suggestions? ^_^ If anyone who's done this costume is willing to give a play-by-play of it's creation, I'd love to hear how you made it.

3. Finally, Takuto's hat, from Full Moon. I've never made a hat, much less one with ears. Pointers?

Thanks in advance if you can give any help! Referance pics attatched.

Tenshi
12-19-2004, 08:24 PM
I've given several tips on Militia Rosette on this board. You might want to run a search on the series, because I don't know exactly what I've said ^^;;.