PDA

View Full Version : Shaman King at Fanime2k3

Michi
12-25-2002, 06:29 PM
I know we've got at least two HoroHoros and a Pirika (meh!).. Anyone else gonna do Mankin for some group goodness? I'm thinking Friday afternoon/evening.

Chas
12-30-2002, 04:01 PM
Squee~ I'm Horo.... but you know that. XD Anyway, I've got a Yoh and possibly a Ren coming with me!

Sakura
12-30-2002, 06:06 PM
Where's Fanime? *_* I would love to wear my Anna costume again and maybe my mom would drive me there.

Michi
12-30-2002, 06:16 PM
Sakura ~ Fanime is in Santa Clara, CA. ^^; Noting that you live in NY, that'd be quite a drive. :o

Chas ~ YAY Oniichan #2! Hee :3 At least we won't have to have Horoplushie take over again. o_o XD Mantaplushie maybe, though.

Chas
12-30-2002, 06:40 PM
Bwee! I am Oniichan numbaa tsuu! X3 Yeah, I felt bad for the Horo plushie..... and...well, we won't get into the Manta plushie. XD XD That was wrong on several levels, indeed it was. ::falls over laughing::

Hm.... if only we could kidnap a random person and make them cosplay Manta.... hopefully one will find their way to us! NEED MANTA cosplayers.... T_T

Sakura
12-30-2002, 08:51 PM
Woah @_@ yeah way too far for me, I almost died while having to drive to Florida which isn't nearly as far as California. I'll make all of those cons in a year and a half when I'm there for college! Squee~ can't wait ^.^

Hehe that would be too amusing to see someone cosplay as Manta. His head is so out of proportion!

Michi
12-30-2002, 09:42 PM
I love Manta to death. :3 Even moreso when I saw the anime after being a huge manga fan.. and seeing him voiced by Inuyama Inuko~~ Bwehehe. (she does Nyaasu/Meowth in Japanese Pokemon..)
I've convinced my 8 year old brother to be him, but he won't be going to Fanime.

Chas
12-31-2002, 12:47 AM
Totally, Manta's freaking awesome! ^_^ So much adorability, and the voice IS awesome.. (LOL! I KNEW I recognized it from SOMEWHERE! :3) He was actually in my mind to cosplay last year... but....alas... a 5' 8'' Manta would just look funny I decided. XD Need someone shorter!

Tequila
01-04-2003, 09:31 AM
Er, I'm new to cosplay, and maybe this is the wrong thread to post the question, but I'm currently working on a Yoh cosplay and I want to make a fitting Harusame...can anyone help me out with some tips to let it look real? Thanks!

Michi
01-04-2003, 02:38 PM
I think you'd get more tips in one of the cosplay help forums... ^^; Err I'd so help if I knew anything about making props. X_x When I was Yoh my prop was.. my Manta plushie.. >_>

Michi
02-03-2003, 09:52 PM
Kicking the thread up because it's getting lost underneath. ^_^;

There HAS to be other Mankin peoples going. ;_;

Michi
03-07-2003, 06:57 PM
Bump up. Chas-oniichan, I think it might just be you and me for Shaman King. ^_^;;; Where are all the Mankin cosplayers?! It's time to bring out the plushies again... or maybe I can make some friends randomly cosplay it.. Mwahahaa. >_> *plots*

Chas
03-22-2003, 02:14 AM
Eeeek! How can this beeeee?! More people must luff da Mankin! ::sniff:: .....There's gotta be. I'm bringin' a Yoh with me! (Yay!) But duuuude, we need a bigger group! I can't just multiply and wear my Anna cosplay too!

Rah! PEOPLE! Y'know you wanna cosplay Shaman King! Help Michi-Imouto and Chas-OniiChan!!! XD

Michi
03-22-2003, 02:18 AM
*clones Chas* INSTANT ANNA. o_o;

Maybe I can get my friends Kei and Seri to cosplay Shaman King... yesss.. *rubs hands together* They're my Hikaru and Fuu to my Umi, and need more cosplay.. yesss...

Chas
03-22-2003, 02:31 AM
::blinku:: ..... Woah. That's cool. :: pokes clone :: Kekeke...

Yes! More cosplayers are good! Ren, Manta, Anna, Faust, ....a Lyserg would be nice, but I'm really reaching now. XD

Yeesss.... I feel sad, because I have two guys who were gonna be my Ren and Manta... but the Manta can't make it to any cons this year, and Ren won't be ready until Ani-Magic if at all. Rah.

Looks like we may need a looooooottt of plushies. @_@

Michi
03-22-2003, 02:37 AM
Hehehehe plushie time. :X Can be done!

Well by Ani-Magic I can be either Yoh/Tamao/Pirika/Faust... and possibly Hao.. It depends on my hair color. Wow that sounds weird. XD

I know Kei's already seen Shaman King. I'll bug her and see if she would like to join. ^^ Seri will have to be shown it. Yesss.

Chas
03-22-2003, 03:05 AM
LOL! I pretty-much have all the stuff for Tamao, too. So Horo/Tamao/Anna. ::giggles::

We could make... lotsa lotsa Michi and Chas clones. XD XD XD

Or YAY for more people. (Yes, definently!) That clone thing could get tricky.

Michi
03-22-2003, 03:08 AM
Clones EVERYWHERE. We'll lose track of them.

Hee! I'm doing another character with hair like Tamao's at AX, and she's SO CUTE so I decided, "Hey, why not?".. so it's my shopping/dealer's room costume, with that bag. ^_~

Chas
03-22-2003, 03:50 AM
How awesome! Yeah, I discovered my Shuichi (Gravitation) wig had dual purposes, so yei! Nifty. How cute! A Tamao shopping around... I think I'll probably end up running around with spikey blue hair for most of the weekend of Fanime. X3 Kekeke~ It seems to irresistable. I squee for HoroHoro!

Yesh... that is a lot of clones. ::sniff:: I want a Lyserg cosplayer! ;_;

Michi
03-22-2003, 03:56 AM
Heh, I'm using the Pirika wig for both her and Umi.. it's happy, and convenient. :D

Yes, shopping! I'm gonna make the heart bag and use it as a purse~ ^^ I wish I had the money for the wig before Fanime.. are you going to Expo? :D There can be repeat Mankin-ness. :X

Lyserg is pretty and nifty looking.. I'd do it but.. I haven't seen/read anything with Lyserg yet x_x;;;

Chas
03-26-2003, 12:49 AM
Oh, the forum isn't down anymore..... nifty.

Aah, no. I can't afford to make it to Expo this year. Chas + Lazy = No Job. ^^; But I'll be at Cosplay Boredom like... a week or two after Fanime/before AX. X3 Repeat Mankin-ness is always a blessing, I mean... could we possibly hold out until Ani-Magic? XD

Michi
03-26-2003, 01:19 AM
Of course not. :P There will be lotsa Mankin goodness for me this year. ^_____^!!

Chas
04-09-2003, 09:18 PM
RAWR! This thread will not go un-ignored! ::bites non-Mankin cosplayers::

Anywho.. yes.... commissioning Horo-Jacket soon as a birthday gift to myself! :3 Horo will be at Fanime~ and if I need to, I can always pack Anna.

::sniff:: There's gotta be more than the two of us. T_T;

Michi
04-09-2003, 09:33 PM
Haha this entire thread is just us, I love it. Mmm. I need to bug my Fuu and Hikaru about Mankin cosplay.. I keep forgetting.. mrowr. Fuu would make a cute Tamao, but I'd hafta order a wig soon..

Michi
04-27-2003, 07:29 AM
*kicks thread back up* Rrrr. I can't do Pirika unless I find someone to help make it (like the main jacket & skirt.. I can handle the details, of course). x.x I just realized how close Fanime and AX are. T_T Might have to wait on Pirika til Ani-Magic at this rate! ;o;

Chas
04-27-2003, 03:22 PM
Awww, but don't worry. There's a chance I might not be able to make it to Fanime at all. @_@ Plus, the girl who's doing my coat still hasn't found all the right colors in vinyl.... I might have to do his Shaman Fight outfit instead.... which is fine, I just like the jacket better. ._.

Ani-Magic is fine, too. I don't want anyone to stress out over having to get it done. There are plenty of conventions, and I'm in no hurry. ^_^

Michi
04-27-2003, 07:05 PM
Yaaaaay we can do Horo + Pirika at Ani-Magic. ^_^; Where we first did Mankin!! Awww!! It'll be all.. anniversary-like..

Should I keep the Mankin time up on the Fanime list? I could feesibly do Yoh, but my hair'll be rather bright.. >_> *is dying it for other outfits* Or I could bring color spray. *scratches head*

Chas
04-27-2003, 07:56 PM
Whichever you prefer? Would you have Tamao by then? Considering you had planned her to AX? That may be a possibility. ^_^ Whatever you need to do, dude.

Hee, that anniversary idea seems fun anyway! :3

Michi
04-27-2003, 08:12 PM
I'm gonna be ordering the wig soon.. So if it shows up in time for Fanime, I can be her. ^_^; I wouldn't mind pulling out Yoh again, as he's only been to AM.. and I should have a sword this time. >D We'll seeeeee. *bounces*

Chas
05-08-2003, 06:01 PM
Hm... maybe reverse psychology will work.... Ahem.

FINE! SCREW YOU! ALL OF YOU! WE DON'T *NEED* ANYMORE SHAMAN KING COSPLAYERS! YEAH, THAT'S RIGHT! YOU HEARD ME!

.... Ohh yeah. They'll be begging to participate now. X3

Michi
05-08-2003, 06:03 PM
*cackles* Pfft. :p Bring out the plushieeees.

Chas
05-13-2003, 05:28 PM
Rawr. HoroHoro costume can't be commissioned in time now. (DAMN VINYL not being available. ><!!!) But I'll just use the time and cash to help fix up Anna bit more! And I'll get some NEW sandals.... maybe ones that won't make me 5' 11'' XD XD XD

Heh, so here's to Pirika and Horo @ Ani-Magic! XD Yoh & Anna @ FanimeCon!! ^^;

Michi
05-13-2003, 05:34 PM
Hahaha yay! Yes! *giggles* Yeah, my Yoh sandals are pretty flat, and I'm only 5'5"... you could always just sit for photos? :p

Nemui Yume
05-21-2003, 09:49 AM
i'll get Yoh in for pics hehe.

ouyah! i think we are gonna have double everyone!

Manking cosplay yey :D

Michi
05-21-2003, 07:26 PM
If you'll be Yoh I'll bug my friend to be Anna for sure.. and we'll have double pairings XD

Nemui Yume
05-22-2003, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by Michi
If you'll be Yoh I'll bug my friend to be Anna for sure.. and we'll have double pairings XD

ehehe.. i think i have an Anna but if not we can have double Yoh action! *swoons* ahaha

yohxyoh x-x~!!!

but i have two diffrent yohs unfort. i can't do shirtless action Yoh..

;o;