PDA

View Full Version : kh2 cosplay help

cdc
12-22-2004, 06:03 PM
yes I know that this has bee done a thousand times and Im just a stupid noob but I have a question, Im cosplaying as the duel wealding unknown from asas: deep dive but I need a outhkeeper and Oblivion , I have senn them for sale on the net but thay always look flat, plus i really want to make my own

so this is my question, wear do I start, I have never done this before, I was cloud from kingdom hkearts last year at animazement but I alredy had a real buster sword, So I dont know wear to start and i dont think i can make it outta wood ( to much money (i think) and dont know how and wear to cut it) so what do I use. I used pvc pipe for my kingdom key but I dobt that will work so what do I use and how do i get started

oh and what is are the longer parts of the outhkeeper shaped like? squares, octogons, what?

Blight
12-22-2004, 08:37 PM
Ok, I can help with the oathkeeper if you'd take a look here:
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/10381177/

I am also in the near future going to publish a tutorial on it and the Kingdom keys ^_-

drop me an email @ blighttdm@yahoo.com for any help you need.

cdc
12-22-2004, 09:00 PM
what did you make it outta and What did you use/ how did you color it, and have you ever done the oblivion or the dark kingdom key?

also Im cossiah on DA

Kaitou Kid
12-22-2004, 09:52 PM
my idea for you is maybe use cardboard or some hard plastic to make the keys. maybe even styrafoam for the parts you arent going to be holding on to, on the key blades. scence you dont want it to be too expensive. for the chain part on the oblivion id say literally use a chain. ( if i were making it i would just take it off my bike XD ) I think all of the unknowns arent unknows anymore last time i checked my resources. Off of the top of my head i know there is Axel, Zexion, Marucha, Roxine, Lexus and Vixen.
( im a freak when it comes to kingdom hearts ) ( im working on my kh2 kairi now )
I hope some of what I said can help you. Good luck on the key blades!

cdc
12-22-2004, 11:26 PM
Thanks, and the guy in deep dive isnt one of the orginization thats why he's a unknown (plus he's got the hodded trench), but Im gonig to lows tomarrow to but some supplys and see how much wood is, if its cheep mabey I can get the guy in the store to cut it for me

Blight
12-23-2004, 01:19 PM
Ok, You'll want pine if any wood at all. This is because pine is the easiest to work with and is least expensive. That's what I used for mine. My friend did the oblivion so I didn't persue it since she cosplayed as Riku and that way the group would look better. Plus I like the oath's design a lot. I hand painted that suka' with acrylic paint found at any local craft store. You will need to add 3-4 coats to get the way mine is so get a like 3-4oz. bottle of each color. The first thing I suggest you do is get 1-2 huge peices of posterboard and draw out your plans on a life size basis. ^_-

BlackMarth
12-23-2004, 01:56 PM
As Blight said, pine is the softest and easiest to carve. To get knot-less pine about the length of an Oblivion set me back only 20. Then you try to find someone who has the tools, and just have them cut it out (which should be simple). If they have a dremel, then you can carve in all the intricate details and then start painting with acrylic.

You might also want to stretch the length of the keyblade, as it looks stubby if you make a direct scaling of the official art.

Good luck.

http://www.deviantart.com/view/9437986/

cdc
12-27-2004, 05:36 PM
thanks, all of your advice helped alot

Blight
12-27-2004, 07:50 PM
Feel free to drop any more questions here, we are happy to help. ^_-.
Oh and a tutorial should be out in a week or so. Keep an eye out for it.

Tim Q
01-08-2005, 05:14 PM
What would be the best way to make the Soul Eater sword Riku uses?