PDA

View Full Version : Initial D : Fanime 2005 Gathering

Eurobeat King
12-24-2004, 03:38 AM
Hey everyone,

I'm planning on doing an Initial D gathering at Fanimecon 2005, since I'm going to be too busy to do one at AnimeExpo 2005 in July. At Fanime2004 I liked the new location, and the SanJoseConventionCenter I learned is spacious enough, and so I plan to cosplay as Ryosuke Takahashi along with his RX-7 FC3S to "drift" throughout the convention center. :skidude: I'm looking for cosplayers who would be interested in joining me for a gathering to do photos, and "races" inside (and out) the con-center. The 2 guys who did their "shopping cart" Initial D cars were cool, and I hope they bring their Trueno & FD3S with them to Fanime2005. Here's their picture:

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=146114

Anyone who knows who they are, please tell them that I request they show up next year for the gathering. Your help is appreciated!!

Hopefully we'll have a good turn-out like we did back at Animagic 2003, where we had a few cars and cosplayers:

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=86219
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=86216
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=87036

For Fanime 2005, I'm looking for guys & girls to form a gathering, and cosplay as their favorite Initial D character, but also to create/construct & have that character's respective car for the gathering. In the past we've had cosplayers dress up as Takumi, Keisuke, etc. but NO CAR.. There's plenty of time until Fanime, so if you're interested in joining and think you can create an Initial D car-costume for the gathering, please reply here. It'll be fun, so "Don't Miss It!!" :skidude2:

Eveil
12-25-2004, 12:41 AM
I'll try my best! >0<
Kyouichi with car, here we go~!

Eurobeat King
12-25-2004, 01:06 AM
HildeC: Awesome! I wish you luck making the Black Evo III he drives, and hope you can do it, so we can do some races & take pictures between us two rivals! ;)

Shibura Tsubasa
01-06-2005, 12:33 PM
Well, Im not too good at props, so making a car is kind of out of the question for me, unless I aquire some uber skills before FanimeCon... Well hell, Ill try my damnest to pull this one off.

Theres lots of guys in Initial D, but where are the girls! Eurobeat King, you said I should try a Mako from Initial D? :) Hehe, I remember her from the game.. ^_^ But I dont think she is in my anime DVD's :(

I would be more than happy to try my hardest(would probably have to be after March to try and make a costume, March is a BUSY month) to make a Mako costume and her Seleighty. (Killed the spelling like no tomorrow)

Aiyah! has anyone seen any Mako pictures? They are hard to find! ::goes plays the game::

Eurobeat King
01-06-2005, 11:42 PM
ShiburaT: Yay!! That'd be great if you wanted to join us as Mako with her Sil-Eighty. Mako is pretty easy to describe: She has medium-length black (or brown) hair, that is straight (similar to your hair in your avatar pic), and she wears a yellow shirt (not a t-shirt) and a blue mini-skirt. If you need a better description, I'll look it up, but that picture of UsagiMylene & Maryssa are pretty close as to what Mako & Sayuki look like in the anime. :) Keep me posted as Fanime draws closer with your updates on joining the gathering!

BSaphire
01-07-2005, 02:33 PM
:love: WHEEE! This sounds like so much fun! There is like no way I could cosplay this :waaaah: , but I would love to video the car races!:jjacks:

*BSaphire's mind starts churning...* Add some sound bites and maybe some fast and furious music... oh, I know, if someone does pics of the making of their cars I could put that in at the begining and add the gone in 60 opening song to it!!

*Smoke starts coming from my ears!* Then put in like some Initial D/Gran Turismo stuff and Top it off with Inital D music and maybe I could get some Inital D shots in there too.. and driver poses with definately a winners circle pose! *hehehe* oh what fun! A mini movie idea!!!

You have great Ideas Al! Look forward to seeing a gathering! :bigtu:

Eurobeat King
01-09-2005, 05:07 AM
BSaphire: Hopefully we'll have a good gathering with cars & costumes, and I'll be happy to let you videotape us doing drifts, races, donuts, and other street-racer stuff. :skidude2: Hahaha Your idea for music sounds interesting, although FATF and GI60S would be different from the world of Initial D music.. ;)

Eveil
01-09-2005, 06:51 AM
Hahaha Your idea for music sounds interesting, although FATF and GI60S would be different from the world of Initial D music.. ;)

Because, you should all know that Kyoichi doesn't not do rap...he does country and boy bands. GOSH :eeek:

lol kidding XD
but for the sake of packing space, I may have to bring the car in some pieces and do the final assembly there. I don't remember how far the staples in a staple gun go, and unsure of now much time hand nailing would take. I'd like to use it again, so super gluing is a no .-.

BSaphire
01-11-2005, 11:54 PM
BSaphire: Hopefully we'll have a good gathering with cars & costumes, and I'll be happy to let you videotape us doing drifts, races, donuts, and other street-racer stuff. :skidude2: Hahaha Your idea for music sounds interesting, although FATF and GI60S would be different from the world of Initial D music.. ;)

Well there are two songs that I wanted from GI 60. The initial music that has the ticking of the pocket watch and then the second song "Bring Sally Up". I would use "BSU" for pic/video of people putting their cars together, adjusting the straps etc. then the opening song for the start of the race. What I figured I'd do from there is shoot the race a couple of times from different angles so I could edit it. Then I would probably do some individual shots. There is one song I like from F&TF and I am working on Initial D stuff. I cut cheer music for my squad for their half time performances so I figured I'd do something like that with the F&TF/Initial D stuff. Then I'd shoot the winner's circle stuff and maybe have theme music or maybe take something off of Grand Turismo 3. (Of course it would mean that the racers would have to do the race a couple of times together and some individual stuff)....

But... If you want country then I guess I could go that route too ^^)

Eveil
01-12-2005, 12:10 AM
But... If you want country then I guess I could go that route too ^^)

no! lol I was only kidding XDD but if you want to put it in as a joke, I don't mind. hahaha.

Eurobeat King
04-26-2005, 01:02 AM
It turns out I may or may not bring the FC3S to Fanimecon, or if I do, I probably won't have a gathering but just do a solo-cosplay like I did at the CherryBlossomFestivalParade this past weekend.

If I do bring it, that'll be THE last time I'll be bringing the FC to a con (maybe Yaoicon 2005) before I retire it.. :lost: So please besure to keep an eye out for me as Ryosuke with the FC3S. :skidude2: The debut was at Fanimecon 2003 and it's only fitting I retire it at Fanimecon..

Eveil
04-26-2005, 01:05 AM
...Seiji....and if I get slapped.....i'm going to cry.

be a man, suck it up :F xD;; j/k~

EBK:
aww, sad to see it leaving! but it was awesome to see while it lasted :3

SohjiroX
04-26-2005, 01:37 AM
We'll give it a cool ID sending and such...and Hilde....one...why didn't you tell me it was your Bday last week, and two....I dont want to suck it up...its not nice to get slapped....even by you since you dont hold back! kidding.

SohjiroX
05-02-2005, 03:58 AM
no i'm in lancaster, and you dont...you hit me in the shoulder hard...it hurts.

pinoysojah
05-17-2005, 06:23 AM
Hey everyone,

I'm planning on doing an Initial D gathering at Fanimecon 2005, since I'm going to be too busy to do one at AnimeExpo 2005 in July. At Fanime2004 I liked the new location, and the SanJoseConventionCenter I learned is spacious enough, and so I plan to cosplay as Ryosuke Takahashi along with his RX-7 FC3S to "drift" throughout the convention center. :skidude: I'm looking for cosplayers who would be interested in joining me for a gathering to do photos, and "races" inside (and out) the con-center. The 2 guys who did their "shopping cart" Initial D cars were cool, and I hope they bring their Trueno & FD3S with them to Fanime2005. Here's their picture:

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=146114

Anyone who knows who they are, please tell them that I request they show up next year for the gathering. Your help is appreciated!!

Hopefully we'll have a good turn-out like we did back at Animagic 2003, where we had a few cars and cosplayers:

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=86219
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=86216
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=87036

For Fanime 2005, I'm looking for guys & girls to form a gathering, and cosplay as their favorite Initial D character, but also to create/construct & have that character's respective car for the gathering. In the past we've had cosplayers dress up as Takumi, Keisuke, etc. but NO CAR.. There's plenty of time until Fanime, so if you're interested in joining and think you can create an Initial D car-costume for the gathering, please reply here. It'll be fun, so "Don't Miss It!!" :skidude2:

hey! its me and my friend in the pic. from fanime 04. we actually met u last year and remembered you were the original FD. well we are starting our cars again this year, we wanted to do another costume, involving mario kart and the shopping carts, but we couldnt leave initial d behind, so we are just starting on our cars this week and are wondering if you wanted to work with us in adding another car to the line-up. we have another friend who is up to it as well, and we live in san jose, so its not very far from the con at all :schitzo: .. we are still going to have the 86, but if you wanted to be the FD this year its fine with us, the other two cars in mind are the EVO 3 and the Impreeza. so pm soon, or.....see u there!!

SohjiroX
05-17-2005, 06:29 AM
wish i had my characters car, i'm going to have fallow behind like always, darn.

BART Boy
05-17-2005, 04:21 PM
Well, Im not too good at props, so making a car is kind of out of the question for me, unless I aquire some uber skills before FanimeCon... Well hell, Ill try my damnest to pull this one off.

Theres lots of guys in Initial D, but where are the girls! Eurobeat King, you said I should try a Mako from Initial D? :) Hehe, I remember her from the game.. ^_^ But I dont think she is in my anime DVD's :(

I would be more than happy to try my hardest(would probably have to be after March to try and make a costume, March is a BUSY month) to make a Mako costume and her Seleighty. (Killed the spelling like no tomorrow)

Aiyah! has anyone seen any Mako pictures? They are hard to find! ::goes plays the game::

Mako looks like this (Movie Version)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y215/MisakiFan41/charac8.jpg

and I definately want to get a picture of a Mako cosplayer :heart: :heart: :heart: :love: :love: :love:

she's the best character I've ever seen in Initial D and I'd definately want to get a sileighty one of these days lol but other than that, I'd love to take Initial D cosplayer pictures ^__^

Eurobeat King
05-17-2005, 04:39 PM
pinoyojah: Ahhh, so good to hear from you guys, and glad you're planning on bringing the Initial D cars from last year. Welll, I'm up for taking pictures with you guys, provided it's sometime on Saturday Afternoon like after 4pm or so. I'm going to be busy all day taking photoshoots and normal walk-around pics, but I do plan to show-off the FC3S sometime on Saturday and I'm having a friend take a photoshoot of me and the FC before I retire it.. So I'll keep an eye out for your cars, and then I'll go prep mine and we'll take pics together. Sounds good? :skidude2:

BART Boy: I haven't heard from ShiburaTsubasa (her new c.com member name is Ayumi) in a loooong time, and I'm not sure if she's even going to Fanime next weekend, let alone what costumes she's wearing.. :lost: So I highly doubt she's going to cosplay Mako if she does go, but there's still a little time to go..

pinoysojah
05-18-2005, 05:22 AM
psst, it's FC xD;;

ooops sorry i meant FC!!! i reallly did! :razz:

well see u there at 4 on Sat Euro beat!..

SohjiroX
05-21-2005, 03:36 PM
Oh yeah i'm thinking, just maybe, i'm planning on instead of I cant get Seiji done in time, I'm going to try for two things, this is just a long quick shot.

Character is one of three idea's, Tak, Project D member (have to find out, or Seiji still.

The second thing is, i'm thinking of making a Progect D van carbored car.

Its a long shot really, but I'm thinking of making something like that and if anyone brings a stereo or such, they could put it in it and it would be there for people that dont have a car to stand next to just to get pics, its a long shot but I'll see what I can do to make this.

Eurobeat King
05-21-2005, 06:03 PM
SohjiroX: I plan to have my chibi-boom-box with me, playing Initial D songs and various SuperEurobeat songs (like the Eurobeat versions of "Change the World" from Inu-Yasha (in English), BonJovi's "It's My Life", and O-Zone's "Dragostea Din Tei" (the one that goes "Ma-i-a Hi, Ma-i-a Hu, Ma-i-a Ho, Ma-i-a Ha-Ha") ;) Good luck getting your car done in-time for Fanime.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Since I'll be doing my photoshoots throughout the day, I'm barely going to have enough time to form a gathering. So like I said to pinoysojah, if I see them walking around with their cars, I'll get my FC and we'll take some pictures together, and that'll be it. It's going to be really hectic this weekend, and I am barely going to have too much free time. However, if you don't get a car done in-time, I ask you please NOT TO JOIN IN when we take group pictures. I don't mean any disrespect, but when I started the thread a while ago I asked members who were interested in joining to please try and create/build a car to go with their characters. Now Fanime is about here, and so come the con you MUST HAVE A CAR to be in the photos. (Gas-station-uniform Takumi, Itsuki, and Iketani cosplayers are exceptions.) I will also accept certain props to go with your character-costume: AE86 plushies for Takumi (only), any die-cast car by JadaToys (for Takumi, Ryosuke, Keisuke, or Takeshi), or remote-control Initial D cars (same rule applies.) I know in the past I allowed cosplayers w/o cars, but for this gathering I want both cosplayers & cars..

SohjiroX
05-21-2005, 06:27 PM
I'll try my best to get the car done for the gathering, if I dont, well I'll just come by and say hi and see about taking pictures.

Ayumi
05-23-2005, 07:45 PM
I wasnt able to get together an ID costume, Im having to hurry on my InuYasha(well, Ayame) costume as it is. Maybe next con Ill be prepared ::sniffles::

EuroBeatKing: Im listening to Dragonstea Din Tei right now!! :D awesome song :P

Eveil
05-23-2005, 08:24 PM
I plan to have my chibi-boom-box with me, playing Initial D songs and various SuperEurobeat songs (like the Eurobeat version of O-Zone's "Dragostea Din Tei"

D: nooooooo lol

Eurobeat King
05-23-2005, 10:01 PM
Ayumi: No worries about not making the Mako costume in-time. *hug* Your DOA costumes are mainly what I want to see at Fanime from you. and.. *cough* Lenne too.. ;)

Hildechan: I can just imagine the Initial D cars racing throughout the SJ convention center, and we'll all be singing out loud "Ma-i-a Hi, Ma-i-a Hu, Ma-i-a Ho, Ma-i-a Ha-Ha" :drunk: heehee