PDA

View Full Version : Kahr Ramsus // Xenogears // Sword

psythe
12-26-2002, 10:06 AM
I was playing through Xenogears again and saw that Kahr Ramsus has a sword? O_o;; Doh .... I had totally forgotten about him having a sword....and I call myself a fan ;)

The problem is not making the sword but finding a picture of it, the only thing I have is a shot of him in-game, which doesn't yield much detail.

Does anyone have or know where I can get a better image of Ramsus' sword?

Thanks! :D

Emeralda
12-26-2002, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by psyth3
I was playing through Xenogears again and saw that Kahr Ramsus has a sword? O_o;; Doh .... I had totally forgotten about him having a sword....and I call myself a fan ;)

The problem is not making the sword but finding a picture of it, the only thing I have is a shot of him in-game, which doesn't yield much detail.

Does anyone have or know where I can get a better image of Ramsus' sword?

Thanks! :D

Okay.. no pictures seem to exitst. I just poured through Perfect Works again, and I'll check Thousands of Daggers. But that's mostly in game shots. I'll ask around, but I think its going to be tough.

-Laura

psythe
12-26-2002, 07:26 PM
Thanks Emeralda, I had no luck with Perfect Works either, but I don't have ToD.

Emeralda
12-26-2002, 07:50 PM
Okay, no luck in Thousands of Daggers. Its just some tiny screenshots.. which is what you have already. On a hunch I checked some of the semi-official doujinshi that's out there. The anthology ones. One of them *GASPS* has a picture of him with the sword when he does you know what in Merkervia, right before Elly goes 'blue'. (sorry, dont know who might be reading this.. and no spoilers). Unfortunately its shown as a regular katana. I'll keep looking though.

-Laura

penultimate03
12-28-2002, 11:30 PM
Well, if worst comes to worse, you can design your own Soloris 'brand' sword! I think that would be cool ^_^

psythe
12-29-2002, 10:05 AM
lmao!! :bigtu: That's what it may come down to...

Solarian Elite Katana:
Attack Power +99
Added +10 bonus vs. 'Lambs'

Alaria
12-29-2002, 04:12 PM
mebbe look for pics of krelian's sword, that might be a little easier to find, and they're pretty similar neh?

Recca-kun
12-29-2002, 05:23 PM
*Idea* Or maybe any of the old Elements? Sigurd and Jessie don't have swords but Hyuga sure does. ;)

Emeralda
12-29-2002, 05:27 PM
Again, going to have to dig through Doujins for that. Since there are no former Elements pics. At least not official ones. Damn you Square!

But from the sprites, its not a katana that Ramsus uses. More of a broadsword I'd say.

-Laura

psythe
12-29-2002, 05:36 PM
The Sword of Narsil comes to mind....

http://www.medievalweaponart.com/images/p/UC1267.jpg

I'll just make a Narsil with a Solarian twist ^_^

Thnx for all the help with this all :bigtu:

Emeralda
12-29-2002, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by psyth3
The Sword of Narsil comes to mind....

http://www.medievalweaponart.com/images/p/UC1267.jpg

I'll just make a Narsil with a Solarian twist ^_^

Thnx for all the help with this all :bigtu:

Yup, that's the shape of it alright.. Hmmn.. maybe a bit more Solarian-nesses to the hilt though n__~

penultimate03
12-29-2002, 10:10 PM
Well, there's no official Square art, but the character designer had a website with the original Element designs...maybe I can see if I have any pictures....

but I don't know where the website is, grr, maybe I can find it again.....

But yeah, you could definitely make that sword design look Solorian ^_^

Mizuho
12-30-2002, 03:52 PM
Just curious-- how tall are you, Psyth? :spinner:

I'm so excited to see your Ramsus costume. Mmmm. May I call you Commander? :love:

psythe
12-30-2002, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Mizuho
Just curious-- how tall are you, Psyth? :spinner:

I'm so excited to see your Ramsus costume. Mmmm. May I call you Commander? :love:

LOL I'm 5'9-5'10 depending on footwear :p

*nods*

Alaria
12-31-2002, 04:21 AM
lol, psyth ur developing a fan base already *chuckles* Mizuho, u sure u don't want to be dominia or another one of the new elementals? ^__- (j/k)

Kurenai
01-05-2003, 12:17 PM
Oooh...to which con will you be wearing said Ramsus costume? ::restrains self from going XG fangirl::

psythe
01-05-2003, 02:16 PM
:D

errr. Not til the second half of the year, at AX and Otakon, and possibly Anime Weekend Atlanta