PDA

View Full Version : favorite horror survival game

JoeBoeing
12-26-2002, 10:25 PM
Hi all,

I just love survuval horror games and I truely love a good scare but there is one game I picked up today for my new PS2 that is scaring the daylights out of me.

Resident Evil is more of a jump out and get ya type of horror and the Silent Hill series has a mystery and fog efects and a great suspence about it but all that is topped by what could be my choice for game of the year, Fatal Frame.

This game is supposed to be based on a true story but I can't find any refrences to it on the net other than game pics and reviews.

But the game has a death comes slowly stillness to it that just creeps me out. FRom the B/W prolog to the dimly lit rooms with the flashlight and the ghosts wandering around aimlessly most of the time ignoring you this game just wraped up all of my survival horror gaming wants in one package.

I think I'm going to be having nightmares tonight and than wake up in a cold sweat.

Anyways, what is your favorite horror survival game and why?

I dare you to play this game at night with no lights on other than your TV.

FRom,
Joe

Cassandra
12-26-2002, 10:27 PM
My husband has played Fatal Frame....it's really spooky. I think the "true story" part is simply the backstory...not the part about the girl finding her brother and whatnot. The part about the sacrifices.

JoeBoeing
12-26-2002, 10:40 PM
I was playing Fatal FRame with the lights out and the phone rang and needless to say I jumps... I even exhailed all my air in a panicing welp of terror.

No game has done this to me before.

For the history Fatal FRame is baesed on... I did find this site:
http://ps2.gamezone.com/news/04_05_02_12_51PM.htm

FRom,
Joe

Pool Cue Ronin
12-27-2002, 12:01 AM
Silent Hill and the RE remake on GC. Too good.

Sami
12-27-2002, 10:21 AM
AAAHHH FATAL FRAME!!

I rented that from Blockbuster and it was broad daylight out and I still couldn't play it, it ultimately freaked me out. >__< I didn't get very far (I shot like three ghosts, LOL) but the whole grayscale thing scared me, and the fact sometimes you could see ghosts wandering around above/below you.. aiiee..

LOL, I'm such a wimp when it comes to survival horror, I really can't play any of it anymore. >_<

Arc_The_Lad
12-27-2002, 10:27 AM
Resident Evil.

JoeBoeing
12-27-2002, 11:56 AM
Okay, I survived sleeping with only 2 spooky dreams... not scary dreams.

*takes a deep breath*

I can do this.

*thinks he sees something out of the corner of his eye*

Umm... I'll go hide now.

FRom,
Joe

psythe
12-27-2002, 12:49 PM
I'd have to say Silent Hill is my fave horror game, I love the look of it.

For pure spook factor, Doom 3 is going to scare hell out of some people. First time I played it(alpha), I turned the lights out at night, and I felt soooo uneasy going through the maps. It really is the creepiest title I have played.

officer_fujita
12-27-2002, 12:56 PM
Fatal Frame scares major @ss

Has anyone played the Ring game? I just saw it on the shelves, but I've never seen how it plays.

Pool Cue Ronin
12-27-2002, 01:26 PM
Didn't even know it was out.
0_o

Heather
12-31-2002, 11:44 AM
Silent Hill series. XD

pakachu420
01-01-2003, 01:52 AM
fatal frame...omg...never played a game that scared me more...

i stopped playing and my teeth hurt cuz i was clenching them the whole time. gawd i gotta rent it and finish the game...

tamahomegurl
01-03-2003, 12:59 AM
hmmmm *scratches head and tears hair out* i would have to say silent hill scares the "bee-jesus" out of me *flashbacks of the ghost children and their haunting laughter* but i would have to say my favorite is.......*drum roll*.....dang...just look at my banner and you can see i guess....

Heather
01-03-2003, 10:57 AM
Fatal Frame is pretty scary too. ^_^ But Pyramid Head is what makes me say SH is more scary and enjoyable. PH is so weird. O_O

officer_fujita
01-03-2003, 11:01 AM
What's the title of the game wherein you play as someone who accidentally overslept inside a school and you wake up to find yourself locked inside, with a psycho killer running after you?

I always hear my friend telling me over and over how scary that game is.