PDA

View Full Version : Canada Forum

Admin
12-29-2004, 08:07 PM
Ask and ye shall receive. :)

Yuna-X2
12-29-2004, 08:17 PM
This is very cool and exciting! Thank you!

Schubuttercup
12-29-2004, 08:56 PM
Yes it makes things more organizing, Arigotou Gozaimasu!

☆Skull Rabbit☆
12-30-2004, 01:19 AM
oh my, were so lucky~ XD

JustinCredible
12-30-2004, 09:22 AM
I'm so excitied, I feel like Jojo the idiot circus boy with a pretty new pet. The pet is this forum.... Oh , my pretty little pet, I love you.

lainey
12-30-2004, 10:49 AM
i'm happy that we finally have this...after asking for so long :D things are much more organized ^_^ thank you very much!

hikarilight
12-30-2004, 10:54 AM
Wee~ We definitely feel special now~ Thanks so much~ <3

Cazeson_Zear
12-30-2004, 11:43 AM
Indeed it should be easier to find what people need now.

Elemental
12-30-2004, 06:02 PM
Much obliged! Anime North was getting pretty crowded!

RottenOnion
12-30-2004, 06:39 PM
oooh ^-^ Now all we need is a AnimeEvolution form thingey :P ~_^ nawh..tis not big enough ^-^

Kaijugal
12-31-2004, 01:44 AM

Thank you very much. This new forum is much appreciated. ^_^ ~! What a nice suprise to log onto. !! ^_^ :jjacks:

Michi
12-31-2004, 03:42 PM
Thanks Admin! ^_^

Will there be a way to move all the non-AN threads from the Anime North section into these new sub forums? ^^; It'd be a large task, but I'd be willing to sit down and do it.. I'm sick with the flu right now and don't have much else to do. XD;

jade_dragon
12-31-2004, 03:52 PM
wooo! finally ^_^

☆Skull Rabbit☆
01-02-2005, 12:07 AM
or even add an "animethon" forum thinger...it is said to be the biggest anime festival thing in Western Canada :P~ ah well. At least we have a section now haha

dani
01-02-2005, 12:33 AM
I think Michi's suggestion is a good one. It will be more organized that way...

Michi
01-02-2005, 01:03 AM
Even if I don't move them I'd be willing to go in and make a list of all the threads and where they need to go. There's lots of gathering threads that should go here instead of Anime North, and there's CN threads.. and other con/event threads and stuff that'd go here too.

or even add an "animethon" forum thinger...it is said to be the biggest anime festival thing in Western Canada :P~ ah well. At least we have a section now haha

Con forums don't really pop up for something unless there's a lot of talk for it... and I've barely seen any Animethon discussion here. ^^; So I think the generic Canada Cosplay part can work for it, I think. ^^;

Kia
01-02-2005, 06:58 PM
Even if I don't move them I'd be willing to go in and make a list of all the threads and where they need to go. There's lots of gathering threads that should go here instead of Anime North, and there's CN threads.. and other con/event threads and stuff that'd go here too.

Con forums don't really pop up for something unless there's a lot of talk for it... and I've barely seen any Animethon discussion here. ^^; So I think the generic Canada Cosplay part can work for it, I think. ^^;
Yeah, there's a lot of threads that could still be moved ( I notice a few GCAF and CN threads have been moved, but there are still a few lying around, as well as TAC, Jpop dances, and the Bowling threads that could be moved as well). It's awesome that we finally have a proper place to put them. ^_^

Thanks Admin!

Mekou
01-02-2005, 09:19 PM
We need for NAF discussion...;P </plug>

Oselle
01-04-2005, 09:19 AM
*testing the waters*

Would there be any interest in a group of threads for non-anime Canada cons? Toronto Trek and Ad Astra come to mind right off the bat, along with things like Con*Cept. I don't know the western cons very well, but I'm willing to do the research and make sure they're represented, should there be enough interest.

Kia
01-04-2005, 11:44 AM
*testing the waters*

Would there be any interest in a group of threads for non-anime Canada cons? Toronto Trek and Ad Astra come to mind right off the bat, along with things like Con*Cept. I don't know the western cons very well, but I'm willing to do the research and make sure they're represented, should there be enough interest.
We still have an Ad AStra thread here: http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=41742 It just needs to be relocated and revived. Or a new one. :: shrug ::

Michi
01-04-2005, 12:01 PM
Just keep in mind that all of the other events aren't automatically going to get their own mini forum for threads. Same with American cons, unless there's a lot of discussion that would need a forum and a large number of people behind the idea for one... a single thread is fine for it. ^^;

Oselle
01-04-2005, 12:52 PM
Yeah, I was thinking more along the lines of having an "other canadian cons" header, so that there can be single-thread discussions for things like ad astra, toronto trek, animethon, etc. I suppose it doesn't even need to be divided into non-anime cons, rather, cons other than AN, CNA, Garden City.

I bring it up because for new users, it might get confusing trying to look for canadian cons other than the big 3 that are listed.

*EDIT* Duhhhhhh. That's what THIS header is for, as evidenced by the Western Canada thread! *smacks forehead* So I suppose the logical thing would be to move over the threads on other the other cons over from their current locations. Once again, I'm willing to take inventory of such threads if need be.

Kaijugal
01-04-2005, 02:07 PM
*testing the waters*

Meh, no worries. I was thinking the same thing since those of us who are costumers first tend to follow the costuming heavy events wether they are strictly, prodomanetly or only partly anime. Obviously we are going to discuss those cons as well as they have just as much merit to a costumer. ^_^ As long as the information is getting out there and we're all benefitting from it, I'm easy. ^_^

Admin
01-05-2005, 05:39 AM
If someone could go through and copy the links to all of the threads in the AN forum that need to be moved, I'll put it on my to-do list for this week.

If anything, all I really need are the thread numbers. I can do a mass move from a list like that.

Oselle
01-05-2005, 08:28 AM
If someone could go through and copy the links to all of the threads in the AN forum that need to be moved, I'll put it on my to-do list for this week.

If anything, all I really need are the thread numbers. I can do a mass move from a list like that.

Will do. In fact, doing now (it's better than working!) ;)

Kia
01-05-2005, 08:29 AM
Will do. In fact, doing now (it's better than working!) ;)
Oselle, I got bored already and have a prelim list in front of me right now of every active thread in the last 2 months. Want to use that as a base?

yunagurl165
01-17-2005, 02:26 PM
Hi I was wondering if anyone here could help me.I was wondering if anyone knew of any anime cons. near Sarnia Ontario(Or Toronto if you dont know where Sarnia is).I've been hearing rumors of one in London is that true??Any information would be great!Thanks

Michi
01-17-2005, 08:14 PM
Hi I was wondering if anyone here could help me.I was wondering if anyone knew of any anime cons. near Sarnia Ontario(Or Toronto if you dont know where Sarnia is).I've been hearing rumors of one in London is that true??Any information would be great!Thanks

There are a handful of cons in Toronto. Just look around the forum. ^^ Anime North, the March & November/December Toronto Anime Cons, Toronto Trek, and more.

rox_my_sox
01-17-2005, 11:05 PM
thank you XD

It was getting annoying to have to always go threw the Anime North secion to find everything before.

tamahome_no_mik
01-19-2005, 06:41 AM

You posted the 2005 convention schedule this year... is there any way you could organize it into different parts? Canadian convention schedule, and American Convention schedule. It makes it easier to not hunt through the schedule to find the conventions in canada. Unecessary work ><

I dont know if its possible. But I could make a list for the canadian conventions on the schedule and their dates, put them in order of dates, and send you the list if it makes it any easier? than all you have to do is delete them from that part of the one schedule and create a section below it to have the canadian conventions in.

Is this possible? makes life easier on the eyes, helps when you cant see too well. :thumbsup:

Elemental
01-19-2005, 10:26 AM
Actually Mik, that's not the best Idea. While having our own forum just keeps things organized and stops the overcrowding of the ANime North thread, seperating the Canadian conventions does a coupld of things- including making them appear 'seperate' from the US, which in reality they aren't, especially as these conventions WANT more US attendance.

For finding the Canadian conventions- you already know the ones in toronto. And if you're unsure, just look at someone's convention's listed from the Canada Forum. Like mine. ^^

Eleryth
01-19-2005, 11:17 PM
And what about conventions from other parts of the world? No point in having a forum for every single country. I have no problem with the way it's set up now. It's WAY easier to tell if there's conflicts (say, if an American con and a Canadian one end up on the same weekend, or even one weekend after the other, etc.). It's so much easier to plan that way.

To help you find it, you could the dates, or else use ctrl+F and enter the word you're looking for. I use that method on other sites and it's really handy.