PDA

View Full Version : Directions

Traxbaby
12-29-2004, 11:08 PM
How do you get to St. Catharines? How far is it and what's it like in development wise

sasuke88
12-30-2004, 05:39 PM
I'm from st. Catharines

and I go to Toronto (Downtown) and the places like Markam, North york etc...

From To Approximate Time
Toronto (Down Town) St. Cath 1hour give or take 10 min
Oakville St. Cath About 45 Mins
Hamilton St. CAth just about 30 mins
Markham St. Cath 1 hour and 30 mins give or take 10
North York St. Cath 1 hour and 30 Mins
same with Scarbrough, and Richmondhill, and sourounding areas

for Waterloo and Kitchener about 1hour and 45 min

from London Ontario to St. CAtharines is about 2hours and 15 mins

and from Kingston to St. Catharines about 3 hours and 30 mins

sasuke88
12-30-2004, 05:45 PM
to get there just take main highways like QEW and 401

for people who have never heard of St. Catharines

its the City right before Niagara Falls
so if you know who to get to Niagara Falls you will know how to get to St. Catharines

and St. Catharines is a quite developed city, not a hick town that people think of

I would have to say that since St. Catharines has approximately the same population as Oakville

its quite dense

For development wise, St. Catharines is a City so it does have more than 100000 people (New Definition of city) and a Cathedral (Old Definition)

so I hope that answers your concerns

hope you can make it

the convention is being held at a very nice hotel, there are lots of places to eat around there and transportation is quite accessible

if your from Toronto don't expect any big buildings

hope people from TO can come

thanks

Traxbaby
12-31-2004, 05:58 PM
Wow, nice. This sounds like a nice place. I cant wait to go see it. I'm excited mostly to seeing this area of Ontario that I haven't seen before and meeting new people. It's like my excitement for An but more cause of that.

sasuke88
12-31-2004, 09:02 PM
hope to see you there

I think you will find St. Catharines nice in the summer
especially if you go see the gardens

lol

have fun

Kitchen
01-04-2005, 02:39 PM
Ty Ty for the info, I needed those to, but now I know. TY again.

Nagii
01-04-2005, 09:21 PM
Sasuke..your so helpful. You live in St Cath too eh? I bet you go to LSS.

AkumaRaven
01-07-2005, 03:38 PM
Sasuke..your so helpful. You live in St Cath too eh? I bet you go to LSS.
I agree. Thanks much for the help. ^^; You clearly know your way around.

Kitchen
01-08-2005, 07:41 PM
I went to St. Catharines today, it was cold and snowy but it looked like a big city. Maybe not as big as Toronto but bigger then Hamilton. I had to go taste some Icewine for the Niagara Icewine Festival. I brought some, it was nice.

tamahome_no_mik
01-23-2005, 07:54 PM
How do you get to st. catherines on the go? i looked at gotransit and there are no busses or trains that go to st. catherines. does it even have a go station?

thats the only way i can get places, so i need to know if its possible to get there from either hamilton or toronto via go bus/train services.

thanks.

Kitchen
01-23-2005, 10:25 PM
From the looks of it the only buses that go there are Grey Hound and Trent..There's more info here about getting there:

http://www.st.catharines.com/tourism/directionsmaps.asp

tamahome_no_mik
01-24-2005, 10:52 AM
i looked on the site and even greyhound doesnt go there. trents website didnt load so that seems to be out of the option too.
Looks like i cant go. that sucks.

Kaijugal
01-24-2005, 11:55 AM
I went to St. Catharines today, it was cold and snowy but it looked like a big city. Maybe not as big as Toronto but bigger then Hamilton. I had to go taste some Icewine for the Niagara Icewine Festival. I brought some, it was nice.

As a former Hamiltonian I feel it's my duty to point out that Hamilton has 6 times the population and 5 times the land mass of St Cathrines. (I am a :square:) LOL

That being said, St Cathrines is the largest city in the southern niagra area, so it's not doing too badly itself, and it's a pretty place to live. ^_^

Kaijugal
01-24-2005, 11:57 AM
i looked on the site and even greyhound doesnt go there. trents website didnt load so that seems to be out of the option too.
Looks like i cant go. that sucks.

Michele,

I remember from my college days that you can take the VIA train,

VIA's WEBSITE HERE ! (http://www.viarail.ca/)

HERE IS AN EXAMPLE FAIR FROM OAKVILLE TO ST CATHRINES:

OAKVILLE - ST.CATHARINES, on Friday Jul 15, 2005
Departs: 18:08 Arrives: 19:12 Train: 95
Class: Comfort

ST.CATHARINES - OAKVILLE, on Sunday Jul 17, 2005
Departs: 08:02 Arrives: 09:06 Train: 92
Class: Comfort

Review Fare Rule Fare Comparison
Passenger 1 (Student) $29.96

Service Charge for cancellation = $0.00
Service Charge for exchange = $0.00

Student proof of age (if under 18) or an ISIC Card required to justify discount eligibility
Fare: $28.00 G.S.T./H.S.T.: $1.96 P.S.T.: $0.00 Total: $29.96

Cheers!

tamahome_no_mik
01-25-2005, 10:13 PM
Ouch! Thats really expensive one way. like $30 almost one way from toronto to st. catherines as it is, and it takes 1.5 hrs. not to mention it doesnt go from hamilton, so i have to pay the extra $8.45 to toronto first, than the 30 for the train. so almost $40 one way. theres no way i could go now, i cant even pay my rent (and thats over half of my rent for admissions and round trip transit via rail and go as it is, i only pay $215 a month).

No way i can make it. :( and to think st. catherines is only a 30 minute drive from hamilton. I wish i had a car. ><

Kaijugal
01-26-2005, 01:57 AM
Ouch! Thats really expensive one way. like $30 almost one way from toronto to st. catherines as it is,><

If you actualy read my post Michele , you'll see that's the RETURN rate. That means BOTH WAYS. I even posted the TIMES. -_-"

Schubuttercup
01-26-2005, 02:47 PM
I'm, going greyhound, what you mean it don't go down there O_o

Kaijugal
01-26-2005, 03:49 PM
I'm, going greyhound, what you mean it don't go down there O_o

She doesn't know what she's talking about.

The Greyhound information from Hamilton for the Friday of GCAF is as follows:

Price = $35.63 RETURN

Date : JULY 15

To: ST CATHARINES, ON
Trip Number: 1218
Departure time: 9:50a
Arrival time: 12:15p
Trip Duration: 02:25
Carrier: Greyhound
Trips: Daily

Muha. With all the info I'm posting I should be travel liason. Hehe.
My name is Kaijugal, and I'll be your cruise director...."

Schubuttercup
01-26-2005, 06:08 PM
Ohhh good, cause I'm traveling from North Bay and I don't want the bus to stop in like the boonies and say that's there last stop and I'm lost forever O_O!