PDA

View Full Version : Get together at Katsu '05?

zekitty
12-31-2004, 04:38 AM
I thought this forum could use another topic, we only have 4! XD

Anyways, I didn't realize there wee so many pretty Virginia cosplayers! :3 I don't feel so alone anymore!! *huggles everyone* I suggest we all have a get-together at Katsu so we can all mingle and meet new people! ^-^ It's a small cosplay world; you never know who you're gunna meet! (At Nekocon I ended up meeting someone who goes to my school! It was a little embarassing... I was in my Thief Rikku outfit and he was used to seeing me in baggy pants and a hoodie! XD)

What do you all think? Should we give it a shot?? I'd really like to meet all of you in person! :3

bigwil
12-31-2004, 05:07 AM
*huggles*Well the was talk about this earlier ...on a another forum....well I'm up for it...now When,Where,and time.....Piece out!!!

zekitty
12-31-2004, 07:26 AM
Well... I've never been to Katsu, so I don't really know the layout of the place, but I think it should be at around 1:00 or 1:30, that way I can have enough time to change after a photoshoot. If anyone has any suggestions as to where exactly the get together should be held, speak up! x.x Now! >.>........ *crickets* .....T-T

Gogglegirl
12-31-2004, 01:17 PM
Katsucon is in a Different place than it was last year, so no one really knows where anything is. I'm up for a get to gether. Should be fun!

Riji
12-31-2004, 01:51 PM
I'm up for it. If you want it to be between 1:00 and 1:30 we should have it on Saturday cause I don't think anyone who has to do a road trip to Katsu and is coming up on Friday will be there on time.

makotohanabi
12-31-2004, 01:57 PM
Katsu is being held in 2 different hotels this year, the Marriott (where the main events and dealer's room will be)lobby is fairly large, but we'll be competing against other photoshoots and crowds. Not sure what the Sheraton will be like since they were remodeling when i checked out the hotels last August.

We could meet up and have lunch somewhere in the crystal city underground. Has lots of different restaurants and it's connected to the marriott. 1:00-1:30 works for me for saturday or sunday. don't think i can do it earlier on saturday, but anytime sunday or maybe thursday or friday night (after the PLC concert) will work.

I'll find Crystal city underground's website after new years.
be safe and have fun, everyone, want to meet you at katsu.

zekitty
12-31-2004, 03:39 PM
Yeah, Saturday would definately be great! And lunch sounds perfect! ^-^ I have some photoshoots on Saturday as well, so I think this'll work out for everyone.

Can we just say that we'll meet outside the Sheraton or Marriott?? Or perhaps in a certain spot in the Crystal City Underground?? *dansu dansu* w00tness for VA cosplayers!!

ChichiriFreak
12-31-2004, 05:01 PM
Oh i'm SO up for this!! ^__^

Wakusei
12-31-2004, 05:43 PM
Once again I say this...
If it does not interfere with any other commitment, such as the pajama or poolside photoshoots, then I will be there. Just set up a time.

bag0k
01-01-2005, 03:16 AM
Ooh! Can I go? But I tend to get lost and confused, so should we all have a way of identifying ourselves? I remember at AUSA everybody had purple ribbons on their tags, so maybe we can do a blue ribbon, like most of VA's flag, or something? Or maybe even print on sticky paper VA's flag and stick it on the back of the tags? I dunno... maybe I sould just look for people in costume and ask... :P

Riji
01-01-2005, 08:58 AM
I can see it now...

bag0k: *gasp* Are you from VA?
Cosplayer: No, I'm from [insert anime title here]. O_o

I think the flag idea is cute.

zekitty
01-01-2005, 10:42 AM
Yeah, the ribbon or flag idea sounds very good! I'll be the crispy Rikku (brown-skinned Rikku) and I'll more than likely be with my Yunie and Paine! We'll be doing Black Mage, Psychicer, Samurai, swimsuits, and probably some individual dresspheres we each made seperately.

I like the ribbon idea, but one won't be able to see the ribbon from behind. Why don't we all make signs, stick them on rulers, and hold them up? They should say, "I'M FROM VA! HAIL THE VA COSPLAYERS!" or something like that.

I dunno. I only got 2 hours of sleep last night (this morning, technically). Happy New Year, everyone, btw. I don't know how many fingers and toes I have.

Gogglegirl
01-01-2005, 01:54 PM
I'm up for it. i'll probably jsut tie a blue ribbon onto my tag. I've got a Prince of Tennis shoot sometime... we aren't sure when it will be, but i'll try to be there. I'll be Ryoma from prince of Tennis.

bag0k
01-01-2005, 11:17 PM
bag0k: *gasp* Are you from VA?
Cosplayer: No, I'm from [insert anime title here]. O_o

Yeah, that sounds like me :P. Actually, it would be more along the lines of

me: Um... excuse me, are you from VA?
Cosplayer: No, I'm from [insert anime]
me: Oh... um... sorry. My mistake... *blushes, shuffles off*

makotohanabi
01-02-2005, 01:28 PM
Technically, every cosplayer at Katsu will be a VA cosplayer.

here's the crystal city shops website http://www.thecrystalcityshops.com Not sure about people's food preferences or restrictions, but they have a food court and different restaurants. Maybe we can meet up near the entrance to the shops inside the Marriott, rather wait inside than outside.

If we do it on saturday (that's pretty much set, right?) i'll be the klutzy mana chasing cosplayers saying "hey [insert character here] can i get a picture?". I'll post pics after i get the shoes. The blue ribbon will help, too. Does anyone know where i can find a VA flag sticker? if i can find one i'll put it on my camera case.

hope this makes sense, still recovering from new years.

Star_Angel
01-02-2005, 02:08 PM
Once again I say this...
If it does not interfere with any other commitment, such as the pajama or poolside photoshoots, then I will be there. Just set up a time.
Hah Ha you have your priorities straight dont ya Wakusei! lol. Im all for a gat-togther like bigwill said we were talking about this on another forum (I didnt ask to have it moved here b/c I wasnt completely sure b/c Bigwill started it not me). Im all for it as long as it doesnt interfere w/ the cosplay masqurade stuff they havent posted times for it so we can probaly decide as katsucon get closer i gues.

zekitty
01-02-2005, 02:20 PM
XD Yeah, those nasty New Yar hangovers... It seemed like a good idea when the alcohol start flowing, ne? XDD

Yeah, it's safe to say that the gathering will take place Saturday at 1:30...hmm... How about in the center of the food court?? I'll show up early and make a sign or something, or just flail frantically! I'll be the brown Rikku! I'll either be in my Thief, Black Mage, or Samurai. Either way, if they allow my props in, I'll probably be waving them around too! XD

As for stickers, I'd just go get a sticker sheets from a dollar store and write "VA" on it in sharpie. XD I'm ghetto!!

Let's keep the ribbon idea (and/or stickers, if you want to stick it on your back or something so people can recognize ya!)! Let's make it blue (because I have blue fabric to make it out of XD)! I'll be wearing mine around my badge! Seek me out!! >.> <.< >.> *espionage theme plays*

Keep in mind that the time for the gethering is subjec to change as soon as Katsu posts the times for events.

(Sorry for all the typos, I'm typing at a funny angle...)

Star_Angel
01-02-2005, 02:55 PM
We should all make little name-tags to put on out katsucon badges if someone is handy with photoshop and has time make a little Va. cosplay society logo and link it up here so we can print it up (if i get time Ill make something) and make it about badge size so we can just slip it on to our badge or get a clip thing and wear it. just a idea let me know and Ill try and make it or someone w/ better photoshop skills can do it. (or stickers are a good idea to)

bag0k
01-02-2005, 03:30 PM
...wait a second. Who takes the pictures? If we're all there smiling, posing, etc, who will be taking the pictures? If anyone has a designated picture-taker they're bringing with them, can I train him/her to use my camera? :thumbsup:

Star_Angel
01-02-2005, 03:55 PM
...wait a second. Who takes the pictures? If we're all there smiling, posing, etc, who will be taking the pictures? If anyone has a designated picture-taker they're bringing with them, can I train him/her to use my camera? :thumbsup:
We can mostlikely find someone I mean some of the cosplayers will have parents/ friends who arent in costume w/ them so we can recruit someone there to take pics.normally people don mind (ya know as long as they dont get your camera then go sprinting off, lol)

zekitty
01-02-2005, 04:34 PM
I'm awesome with photoshop! If someone gives me images and a general idea about what the Society wants, I can make em! ^-^ I'm not sure about printing, though... My printer is a crappy B&W one, and the last time I printed something personal out at school, I got an earful from a secruity guard. -.-;;

But yeah! I can make it! I might not even need the images if I can get a good mental picture! :3 w00tage for VA cosplayers.

"Hail the VA Cosplayers!"

Star_Angel
01-02-2005, 07:35 PM
I'm awesome with photoshop! If someone gives me images and a general idea about what the Society wants, I can make em! ^-^ I'm not sure about printing, though... My printer is a crappy B&W one, and the last time I printed something personal out at school, I got an earful from a secruity guard. -.-;;

But yeah! I can make it! I might not even need the images if I can get a good mental picture! :3 w00tage for VA cosplayers.

"Hail the VA Cosplayers!"
if you get them made then it can be saved as a jpg and we can print it out on our own. hmm what should it look like though? It should at least have a place where we can put our c.com screen names on it, but as for a desighn hmmm if anyone thinks of what it should look like then e-mail me a sketch and I can load it on m webpage and we can vote on it, does anyone agree with that?

Gogglegirl
01-02-2005, 08:19 PM
um... we could i just got a stupid idea... but we could take the VA flag, and you know how its got the one guy standing ontop of the other one? Well we could substitute each of the guys with an anime character and then write Virginia cosplay society around the circle. Just a stupid Idea I had.

Star Angel- Your gonna be Lacus?! What day? Lacus is one of my dream costumes! I'd love to see it. ^^

Star_Angel
01-02-2005, 08:25 PM
um... we could i just got a stupid idea... but we could take the VA flag, and you know how its got the one guy standing ontop of the other one? Well we could substitute each of the guys with an anime character and then write Virginia cosplay society around the circle. Just a stupid Idea I had.

Star Angel- Your gonna be Lacus?! What day? Lacus is one of my dream costumes! I'd love to see it. ^^
Thats a cute idea but we would not want to use picensed charcters (b/c of the whole copyright thing dont want those fbi peoples coming after me for something like that, lol)
And Im gonna be Lacus when-ever the Gundam Seed phtoshoot is Im not gonna wear it for long at Katsucon b/c Im gonna get lots of wear time in my kingdom hearts costume! but I have pics of ver. 1 of my Lacus in my gallery (im redoing the skirt for katsucon b/c its not poofy enough)

zekitty
01-03-2005, 05:28 AM
Hai, Star Angel's right, GoggleGirl. It would be infringing on copyrights, unfrotuantely. *grumble mumble*

I've found some oekaki pics online that we might be able to use! I have the users names so I can PM them on their site asking for permission! I'll post them as soon as I get home from school. ^-^;

Star_Angel
01-03-2005, 10:04 AM
Hai, Star Angel's right, GoggleGirl. It would be infringing on copyrights, unfrotuantely. *grumble mumble*

I've found some oekaki pics online that we might be able to use! I have the users names so I can PM them on their site asking for permission! I'll post them as soon as I get home from school. ^-^;
That would work or if we have any artist's out there that want to try and draw two anime charcters like that then that would work too!

zekitty
01-03-2005, 01:55 PM
Alright! I'm finally home from school! (w00t w00t!) Here are the images I found!

http://www.echoing.org/error/images/Image1.jpg

http://www.echoing.org/error/images/Image2.jpg

http://www.echoing.org/error/images/Image3.jpg

http://www.echoing.org/error/images/Image4.jpg

http://www.echoing.org/error/images/Image5.jpg

http://www.echoing.org/error/images/Image6.jpg

I can draw a little on photoshop but probably not good enough. XD But having someone draw/oekaki the badge is definately a good idea and should be taken into consideration!

Whatcha think of the images? XD *<3s catgirls* It's hard to find NON-HENTAI pictures of catgirls. -.-;

bigwil
01-03-2005, 02:16 PM
That would work or if we have any artist's out there that want to try and draw two anime charcters like that then that would work too!

Artist u say..that my signal to get creative!!!!!!!:japan:

bag0k
01-03-2005, 03:04 PM
I just drew a few ideas using paint. I'm veeeeery bad at doing things on the computer, and so this isn't my best work. By far. But, it's the only way I can get my ideas out on the 'net.

Here's two ideas I had for the outer circles of the flag. The black is one idea and the red is another.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/SuperMo0/Photos/Of%20Rachel/70c1441f.jpg

And here's an idea I have for the inside... I really can't draw with a mouse... >_<
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/SuperMo0/Photos/Of%20Rachel/dedca480.jpg
(and yes, I know I spelled pocky wrong. I'm a terrible speller)

Edit: Maybe a VA cosplay shoot thread should be started in the Katsucon part of the forum... You have to scroll down a bit to get to this part of the forum, so it isn't noticed.

BethanyH
01-03-2005, 06:52 PM

I'd sooooo LOVE to be the group's designated photographer! I posted a new topic about this. Now people, please, shower me with info I need to know about this event! :love:

zekitty
01-03-2005, 08:19 PM
I just drew a few ideas using paint. I'm veeeeery bad at doing things on the computer, and so this isn't my best work. By far. But, it's the only way I can get my ideas out on the 'net.

Here's two ideas I had for the outer circles of the flag. The black is one idea and the red is another.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/SuperMo0/Photos/Of%20Rachel/70c1441f.jpg

And here's an idea I have for the inside... I really can't draw with a mouse... >_<
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/SuperMo0/Photos/Of%20Rachel/dedca480.jpg
(and yes, I know I spelled pocky wrong. I'm a terrible speller)

Edit: Maybe a VA cosplay shoot thread should be started in the Katsucon part of the forum... You have to scroll down a bit to get to this part of the forum, so it isn't noticed.

bag0k, it's already been decided that doing the whole one person standing atop another like the VA flag was out of the question because of copyrights, but the whole outer part of the flag is a VERY cute idea! We might actually be able to use that!

Bethany, if you'd like to be the photographer, be our guest ^-^ We'd love to have you! The get-together is going to be on Saturday at 1:30 in the Food Court. I'm going to be showing up early (about 1:15) so people can seek me out and know where to gather. I'm going to be t3h brown Rikku (in a Black Mage or Samurai costume), so look for me and I'll be looking for you! ^-^ You can also take a badge image too, so we can recognize you later! :3

Star_Angel
01-04-2005, 12:39 PM
bag0k, it's already been decided that doing the whole one person standing atop another like the VA flag was out of the question because of copyrights, but the whole outer part of the flag is a VERY cute idea! We might actually be able to use that!

Bethany, if you'd like to be the photographer, be our guest ^-^ We'd love to have you! The get-together is going to be on Saturday at 1:30 in the Food Court. I'm going to be showing up early (about 1:15) so people can seek me out and know where to gather. I'm going to be t3h brown Rikku (in a Black Mage or Samurai costume), so look for me and I'll be looking for you! ^-^ You can also take a badge image too, so we can recognize you later! :3

I'll try to get there early too! It just depends on how long it takes me to put on my kingdom hearts costume (its alot of costume) but I'll try to get there early to Zekitty I might try and make a sighn or something saying Va cosplay society on it (maybe Ill just inlarge whichever image we decide on and put it on a poster board that would be noticable to people who are looking.)

Star_Angel
01-04-2005, 12:42 PM
I'd sooooo LOVE to be the group's designated photographer! I posted a new topic about this. Now people, please, shower me with info I need to know about this event! :love:
It would be great if you could come and do photos, if you decide to go to the con they have extended the pre-reg which is cheaper then paying for your ticket at the door check the webpage out katsucon.com but it has to be mailed in before the 8th of Jan.! let me know if your gonna come and we can meet-up earlier if you want.

Oh and sorry everyone for the double posting!

bag0k
01-04-2005, 05:26 PM
Ah, okee dokee. I guess I read it wrong...
But I got another idea! I'm not going to try using the mouse again (what a disaster... >_<) so I'll explain it. Maybe a cat girl sitting on a big spool of thread holding the needle, while posing in a cat girl-ish way? I think it should have something to do with sewing. Maybe a thimble on her tail...? *runs to get paper, pencil, and digital camera*

Star_Angel
01-05-2005, 09:38 AM
Ah, okee dokee. I guess I read it wrong...
But I got another idea! I'm not going to try using the mouse again (what a disaster... >_<) so I'll explain it. Maybe a cat girl sitting on a big spool of thread holding the needle, while posing in a cat girl-ish way? I think it should have something to do with sewing. Maybe a thimble on her tail...? *runs to get paper, pencil, and digital camera*
That would be cute to, I think that if thre are so many ideas (i mentioned this earlier) that we can just vote on them with a poll and then use the one that has the highest votes, does anyone else like that idea?

zekitty
01-05-2005, 03:52 PM
I like that idea, fwee! ^-^ I'll start designing stuff on photoshop right now! How big should I make the picture...? O.o?

zekitty
01-05-2005, 05:49 PM
Alright everyone! I've finished my first badge suggestion. I may or may not decide to make badge suggestions for all of the graphics I posted, it depends on how tired I get. XD Anyways, this post will be updated as I get more badge suggestions complete! ^-^

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/ok2bPsycho/Badge1.jpg

EDIT: Unless I come up with other ideas with other graphics I have, I think this might be my only badge submission. XD

Star_Angel
01-05-2005, 06:23 PM
I like that idea, fwee! ^-^ I'll start designing stuff on photoshop right now! How big should I make the picture...? O.o?
I would just make it around the size of a regular con badge (not exactly sure how big that is but its rectangular and stuff, just use a old con badge for the sizing info)

Tenshinoitami1
01-06-2005, 03:05 PM
Zekitty mentioned this thread and I had to check it out XD
This sound like a lot of fun! I love making new cosplay friends, and even better if they love in VA! XD w00t w00t for VA
If zekitty goes, I'll be going XD

Star_Angel
01-06-2005, 05:34 PM
Zekitty mentioned this thread and I had to check it out XD
This sound like a lot of fun! I love making new cosplay friends, and even better if they love in VA! XD w00t w00t for VA
If zekitty goes, I'll be going XD
Yay for Va cosplayers! add your name to the roster in the other thread! our list just keeps getting bigger and bigger! Yay!
Oh and you guys are coming up with some awesome Va. Cosplay Society badge ideas too! we might want to pick a time for them to be done so we can do a poll or something to have a universal badge for all of us so everyone has time to get them printed out and laminated/glues or whatever onto somthing semi stiff for the con! since the cons on the 18th maybe have all the badge ideas done by the 7th of fed that would give us a week to vote then a week to print whichever out and have it ready, you guys cool with that? (figure if we leave it to the last min people might not forget or something). let me know what ya think!

zekitty
01-06-2005, 08:01 PM
Yeah, I can definately go with that! It gives me more time to dish out some badge designs. I'll be gone the ending week of January 26th through February 2nd, so I'll be missing out on most of the last-minute carnage until I get back! XD

Riji
01-06-2005, 08:11 PM
"VA does it better" :rofl:

Star_Angel
01-07-2005, 10:19 AM
"VA does it better" :rofl:
Lol, yes we do! :skidude2:
I went ahead and posted our meet-up/photoshoot time on the katsucon photo shoot schedule thing to be added so that any other Va. cosplayes who dont know about it could come. So we may have more then just everyone who has posted here!

Riji
01-07-2005, 11:59 AM
*cry* we're going to miss the PLC Q&A.

Are we actually going to eat at the food court or are we just meeting there?

bag0k
01-07-2005, 02:14 PM

Ooh! Food! I want to eat there! Maybe we can all gather and eat in one place, as passerbys scoot their tables further away... :p

bigwil
01-07-2005, 02:49 PM
Ooh! Food! I want to eat there! Maybe we can all gather and eat in one place, as passerbys scoot their tables further away... :p
...and the fear and furstration in their eyes..as we scoot closer towards them..heh..heh...lol..viva la katsu..oops better get back to badge ideas...sketch..sketch!!!!:japan:

zekitty
01-07-2005, 05:25 PM
...and the fear and furstration in their eyes..as we scoot closer towards them..heh..heh...lol..viva la katsu..oops better get back to badge ideas...sketch..sketch!!!!:japan:

VIVA LA KATSU~~~ *carthweels off a cliff*

Yesh! XD We'll be eating in the food court! JAPANESE FOOD FOR ALL!! *limps away*

Star_Angel
01-07-2005, 06:58 PM

Yeah we could skip out after the group photo and go if you want I want to go! I cant let Aya escape me can I? umm er I mean ummm, no one be suspicious if Aya is missing after the concert and questioning pannel *wink wink* lol.

Riji
01-07-2005, 07:57 PM
c'mon! get it straight! it's DAISHI not Aya! *wink wink nudge nudge*

After the photoshoot is cool with me, although I dunno if the photoshoot is going to be before or after the Q&A so it may actually be before the photoshoot. *mind explodes*

VIVA LA KATSU!!!

Star_Angel
01-07-2005, 08:05 PM
c'mon! get it straight! it's DAISHI not Aya! *wink wink nudge nudge*

After the photoshoot is cool with me, although I dunno if the photoshoot is going to be before or after the Q&A so it may actually be before the photoshoot. *mind explodes*

VIVA LA KATSU!!!
No Aya! well Im for just stealing both of them, lol, ummm erm I mean take them for a tour of Charlottesville and not return them! (I mean ya know if any police see us they wont understand them, I could just say Im their translator, lol)
Ok well we will have to wait and see when it is!
And Riji ahem you are never on aim anymore! sniff sniff, lol

zekitty
01-07-2005, 08:41 PM
Perhaps we can reshedule the meet so that it doesn't interfere with anyone's activities? Has Katsu posted the Con schedule yet??

Star_Angel
01-07-2005, 08:45 PM
Perhaps we can reshedule the meet so that it doesn't interfere with anyone's activities? Has Katsu posted the Con schedule yet??
Nope not yet, they'll probaly post at the beggining of feb. so if we need to change the time that'll give us some time.

bag0k
01-07-2005, 09:50 PM
How about we plan around lunch time so we can all eat lunch together afterward? I dunno, I'm really stuck on this lunch idea. I know the Final Fantasy shoot is at 11:30 (I'm not going, but I'm sure it's a really big shoot,) so maybe noon? 12:30? Just a suggestion.
Or maybe we can drop the lunch idea and have it early in the morning or in the evening... Or at dinner time!

Oh, and I'm bringing my little brother... I'll just make him use our camera, then we'll eat lunch. He's not too much of a pain in the butt... He's probably less of a pain than I am!

Riji
01-07-2005, 10:58 PM
I think I'm liking the dinner idea more than the lunch idea but lunch is still good with me. I don't want to be the party-pooper if a lot of people want to have lunch together instead of dinner.

Star_Angel
01-07-2005, 11:02 PM
I think I'm liking the dinner idea more than the lunch idea but lunch is still good with me. I don't want to be the party-pooper if a lot of people want to have lunch together instead of dinner.
but we would have to do that before the cosplay!

Riji
01-07-2005, 11:19 PM
but we would have to do that before the cosplay!

Ah, true. Lunch it is then! :bigtu:

zekitty
01-08-2005, 06:25 AM
Unfortunately, 12-12:30 isn't good for me... I have a photoshoot ending at 12 and I'll need to go back upstairs to get changed (don't feel like walking around in my Thief dressphere) and we might be celebrating my Yunie's b-day in our room around noon, so I'll be pressed for time.

Star_Angel
01-08-2005, 09:10 AM
Unfortunately, 12-12:30 isn't good for me... I have a photoshoot ending at 12 and I'll need to go back upstairs to get changed (don't feel like walking around in my Thief dressphere) and we might be celebrating my Yunie's b-day in our room around noon, so I'll be pressed for time.
`Yeah if I remeber righ tI think that may be when im changing to after the Malize Mizer/J rock shoot (dont think I wanna walk around in my X-Mas mana all day. But as of now Im gonna have on either my Kingdom Hearts charcters (Ill be noticable b/c I dont know if I'll be able to even sit down in the costume) or Lacus Clyne from Gundam Seed (just depends on when photo shoots are and all.)

Riji
01-08-2005, 10:12 PM
I was going to keep my Malice Mizer costume on for the meetup, as last time I wore it it took me an hour to get the makeup off and be showered and everything.

Maybe a late lunch? ~2pm?

Star_Angel
01-08-2005, 10:35 PM
I was going to keep my Malice Mizer costume on for the meetup, as last time I wore it it took me an hour to get the makeup off and be showered and everything.

Maybe a late lunch? ~2pm?
Yeah Im gonna change out of my Mana but Im not gonna have as much makeup on b/c X-mas Mana has a light white face!

zekitty
01-09-2005, 06:26 AM
I might have to go to a FMA photoshoot at 1-2, but I doubt I'll be going. My friend IMed me about our FMA cosplay group some weeks ago and told me that she wanted me to be Rose so I agreed because the costume is agonizingly simple. I almost got the fabric yesterday and I'm glad I didn't - she doesn't even know for sure if she's going to go to Katsu yet!! X.X I don't want to make a costume unecessarily so I'm going to wait until last minute to make it. *nod nod* It only takes a day to do it anyways.

I think we should just keep the time for the meeting at 1.30 until the Katsucon Event Schedule comes out (they're REALLY late with all their information).

(yay! I started the fifth page! *dansu dansu*)

Star_Angel
01-09-2005, 11:56 AM
I think we should just keep the time for the meeting at 1.30 until the Katsucon Event Schedule comes out (they're REALLY late with all their information).

(yay! I started the fifth page! *dansu dansu*)
I think that would probably be a good idea until we know when the con stuff is posted.

and Zekitty you are too cute (refering to the dansu dansu, lol)

zekitty
01-13-2005, 05:34 AM
Does anyone have any submiccion yet...? bag0k? bigwil? ANYONE??? T-T I'm so bored. XD

Star_Angel
01-13-2005, 03:06 PM
Does anyone have any submiccion yet...? bag0k? bigwil? ANYONE??? T-T I'm so bored. XD
Yeah let me know when you guys have them and the links for them so i can make a poll on here!

Mishima
01-13-2005, 04:51 PM
Heh, so is there some group meeting? >_> Im to lazzy to look back a few pages to find out.
I will probably be found in the game room most of the time if anyone is looking for meh for....whatever reason. o_o;;

On a side note...what days does everyone plan on showing up for? I might just make it on Saturday to save on the cost of trying to stay somewhere.

bag0k
01-13-2005, 06:32 PM
...wait... any what? Do you mean submission? I don't understand...
I do want to say though that I fear that my pre-registration may not have made it in time. My dad mailed it on the 9th (long story) and the deadline was the 8th. The check and form were dated for the 8th, so I'm hoping the guys at Katsucon will be nice to me... I'm not worried about money, (hey, it's only 5 bucks less) but the lines! I guess I'll wear my comfiest shoesies and prepare to stand for a few hours... -_-

Hey! Maybe we can all meet up on Friday and just hang out or something! I'm most likley goin' alone, so I need a friend... T_T Just look for the shy person in the fluffy tutu and mention you'reso-n-so from cosplay.com and that'll brighten my day! 'Cuz at AUSA I had just joined these forums and didn't know anyone. Eh. I'll most likley be in the gameroom all day Friday though. I mean evening. All evening Friday. 'Cuz I got school! Ooh! Maybe I can convince my parents to let me skip last block and get there early! I'd just need to get my homework for my last class in!

Ah, but I ramble. I'm just trying to delay doing my homework. Whee! Marshmallows! Time to go get more!

zekitty
01-13-2005, 08:28 PM
Star Angel: I've seen my submission, but there might be another one in time. (Btw, lovely avatar!!)

Mishima: Yes, there is a gathering of the Virginia Cosplay Society (VCS) on Saturday at 1:30 p.m., though the time is subject to change once Katsucon releases its event schedule. *nod nod* You're very much welcome to join us!! ^-^

bag0k: When I typed my post...omg, I had so many typos. >.< Sorry!! T-T I meant if you had any submissions for the VCS badge for Katsu. ^-^;;; Sorry for the mixup.

I'M STILL BORED!! XD *bangs head on computer screen*

Star_Angel
01-14-2005, 09:13 AM
Star Angel: I've seen my submission, but there might be another one in time. (Btw, lovely avatar!!)

Awww thanks Zekitty!
And people doing designs dont forget to get them done by the first week or so in Feb. so we have time to vote on one for Katsucon! (if you want to just PM me the links to where you have them or if you dont have a place to upload send them to me and Ill upload them on my web page space, if you dont want to post them on the board. So it'll be like a big surprise or someting!)

bag0k
01-14-2005, 05:40 PM
Oh! I have another suggestion for tags and logos and stuff. I know usually people associate the cherry blossom with anime and Japan, but I was thinking that instead of cherry blossoms everywhere, we could use dogwood flowers. The pink kind is pretty nice, but I think they'd be mixed up with cherry blossoms, so I think the ivory kind would be pretty. Why dogwood? 'Cuz it's the state tree! We should also use cardinals. I like cardinals!

K, actually, this suggestion was kinda a lazy excuse to post the following picture without being yelled at for being off-topic.
This picture made me laugh SO hard!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/SuperMo0/Photos/Of%20Rachel/7175766d.jpg

zekitty
01-14-2005, 06:20 PM
I like the cherry blossom and dogwood blossom idea, but I think cardinals is going a bit too far... ^-^;

Star_Angel
01-14-2005, 07:51 PM
I like the cherry blossom and dogwood blossom idea, but I think cardinals is going a bit too far... ^-^;
The dogwood blossom idea is suttle, I also agree that the cardinal idea is a bit to much. maybe dogwood blossoms flowing in the back of the pic. that is used for the symbol would say yeah we are from Va. and we are representing ourselves tastefully. (I really hope this makes sense)

zekitty
01-14-2005, 08:55 PM
XDD Hai hai!

zekitty
01-15-2005, 09:03 AM
Aloha!! I found this picture on Aurore's site:

http://auroreblackcat.free.fr/originalart/dessinengrand/sd01.jpg

Perhaps we could replace the cherry blossom with dogwood flowers, or just add them on the sides?? I could definately work with this picture do some creative stuffs! :3

bag0k
01-16-2005, 02:54 PM
Aaawww... that's such a happy picture! I know nothing about photoshop (That's why my signature used to say "Down with photoshop!"... but I didn't mean it), but are you able to replace the big pink flower with a dogwood blossom? The peatals would be in an X form or something... Once again, I'm not too familiar with the limits of photoshop.

zekitty
01-16-2005, 03:32 PM
Yes, I can replace the sakura flower with a dogwood blossom, but I can't seem to find a picture of a single dogwood blossom. >.< I've looked everywhere and they're all pictures of two-three blossoms or a whole tree. The picture needs to be big so I won't have to worry about crappy quality when I enlarge it, and the background needs to highly contrast the blossom. x.x; No luck so far, but I've kept on looking!

ONWARD! MUAHA!!

bag0k
01-16-2005, 04:08 PM
Here's one!
http://www.hennesdesign.com/html/dogwood.gif
And here's a picture of the berries... maybe they can be incorperated somewhere?
http://wiw.org/~corey/visions/images/dogwood_redberries-1024x768.jpg
And another...
http://yucca.standardout.com/pics/pdb_Toxicodendron_2003-07-12_1058059650565.jpg
Here's a white one. But personally, I like the pink ones.
http://aoeu.standardout.com/pics/Jeff_Beck_1074278575_451.jpg

There's probably more pictures out there. You go to Google, do an image search for Dogwood, and click "Large" at the top right for the bigger pictures. I looooove google image search!

zekitty
01-17-2005, 07:03 AM
Alright! I'm in the process of photoshopping, and I'm ready to add the slogan! I liked my "VA does it better." because it just cracks me up. XD But it wouldn't be fair to ALWAYS put that on the badges I make!

What do you all think?? GIVE MEH FEEDBACK! *dramatic spotlight* Give meh our slogan! Throw them at me!! *hides*

bigwil
01-17-2005, 12:46 PM
Alright! I'm in the process of photoshopping, and I'm ready to add the slogan! I liked my "VA does it better." because it just cracks me up. XD But it wouldn't be fair to ALWAYS put that on the badges I make!

What do you all think?? GIVE MEH FEEDBACK! *dramatic spotlight* Give meh our slogan! Throw them at me!! *hides*
Hmmm....Viva La VCS!......VA cosplayers assemble!!!!.....VA coplayers comin' at ya!!...We're the VCS b*#ches!!.....lol.....um...we always can switch it every whenever year....or when we decide to....my input has been made..VIVA LA KATSU!:japan:

Star_Angel
01-17-2005, 02:03 PM
Lol I like the "VA coplayers comin' at ya"

makotohanabi
01-17-2005, 03:07 PM
personally like the "we're the VCS b*#tches". "VA cosplayers assemble" would be good for Katsu or any VA con

zekitty
01-17-2005, 08:40 PM
Here, let me post what I have so far of the badge. It looks relatively empty right now because not everything is put in yet. x.o I think I might make some changes, though... It looks kinda weird. O.o Any suggestions are welcome!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/ok2bPsycho/Badge2.jpg

Star_Angel
01-17-2005, 10:41 PM
Here, let me post what I have so far of the badge. It looks relatively empty right now because not everything is put in yet. x.o I think I might make some changes, though... It looks kinda weird. O.o Any suggestions are welcome!

Its so cute, I really like it!

zekitty
01-18-2005, 04:56 AM
Thanks! :3 Considering what the badge looks like so far, what do you wall think the slogan should be?? I mean, you can't put something that says "We're the VCS b*tches!" on something like that ya, lol!

Bethii-chan
01-18-2005, 07:11 AM
I think the badge looks good so far! But one suggestion? Perhaps you can move the dogwood flower up and center it a little bit kinda like the original?

As for the slogan, I kinda like the "We're the VCS b*tches!" XD

bag0k
01-18-2005, 02:11 PM
Ohmygosh! That's so cute!!! It's photoshopped so well! I'm blanking out on slogans, though. I don't think "We're VCS B*tches!!" works with the adorableness. Personally, I like "VA cosplayers assemble!" like someone said earlier.
I think the badge looks good so far! But one suggestion? Perhaps you can move the dogwood flower up and center it a little bit kinda like the original?
Hm... I thought of saying that too at first, but I think it looks good asymetrycal like that so there's room to put the slogan and stuff. I think once it's all in there, it'll blance out.

zekitty
01-18-2005, 02:44 PM
Hm... I thought of saying that too at first, but I think it looks good asymetrycal like that so there's room to put the slogan and stuff. I think once it's all in there, it'll blance out.

Hai! bag0k got it right! :3 I'm planning to put the slogan along the right side, unless you all want it changed then it shall be done! *heavenly light*

Personally, for the slogan, I'm kind of leaning towards "VA cosplayers assemble!!" but I suggest changing the "assemble" part to "unite"! *nod nod* Because when it says "assemble" it makes me think of the Ginyu Force from DBZ and then the whole image of the badge it ruined for me. x.x; XDDD I'll be posting font samples here later today so we can decide on a font (I have 1000s!!)!!

We're still open for slogan suggestions, though. If anyone has an idea and is afraid to say it don't be scared! ^-^ We won't bite your head off, pwomise! ^-^\/

Bethii-chan
01-18-2005, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethii-chan

Duh...that's what I get for thinking at 8:00 in the morning! <--wasn't thinking straight :)

Another Slogan idea...Isn't there a slogan like..."Virginia is for lovers"? How about changing that to "Virginia is for Cosplayers"? ^_^

bigwil
01-18-2005, 03:21 PM
We're still open for slogan suggestions, though. If anyone has an idea and is afraid to say it don't be scared! ^-^ We won't bite your head off, pwomise! ^-^\/
AWWW..stops sharpenin' teeth....i promise nothin'.....lol...VIVA la katsu... :chatah:

BethanyH
01-18-2005, 03:43 PM
Duh...that's what I get for thinking at 8:00 in the morning! <--wasn't thinking straight :)

Another Slogan idea...Isn't there a slogan like..."Virginia is for lovers"? How about changing that to "Virginia is for Cosplayers"? ^_^

:D I think "Virginia is for Cosplayers" is the best one I've seen!!

Star_Angel
01-18-2005, 05:18 PM
:D I think "Virginia is for Cosplayers" is the best one I've seen!!
I think so too!

zekitty
01-18-2005, 06:20 PM
Me too! ^-^

"VA is for Cosplayers" it is! :3 (I have to abbreviate it or else it will take up too much space on the badge)

Whee-ness!!

LaPetiteSalope
01-18-2005, 08:50 PM
Ahh! i just saw this thread! Yay for Virgina Cosplayers! Arlington county here.

Zekitty: Cute slogan...But I think it's best if you also ask the artist for permission to use her artwork before doing any photoshoping. The artist is BlackCat and that's where I got my awsome advatar.

Star_Angel
01-18-2005, 09:32 PM

Zekitty: Cute slogan...But I think it's best if you also ask the artist for permission to use her artwork before doing any photoshoping. The artist is BlackCat and that's where I got my awsome advatar.
KagomeChann post on the Va cosplayers thread so I can add you to the list of Va cosplayers (sorry i know this is off topic of Katsu but I really want to try and get ALL the Va cosplayers on c.com on the list! :) )

zekitty
01-19-2005, 05:14 AM

Hai, I was going to e-mailing her about it IF we all decide to use the badge if we like the outcome. When I originally posted the image, I mentioned that it was from Aurore BlackCat's site.

Star_Angel
01-19-2005, 09:15 AM
Remebr everyone have the badge ideas done by the 7th of Feb!! PM me the links for them (if you need to me put it up b/c you dont have a phtotbucket thing or webspace just e-mail me the file and ill do that for you) so i can start a Poll so we can vote on which one we want to use! Yay! Im so excited to see what everyone comes up with!
Viva La Katsu!!! (everyone just under a month now!)
*runs off to finish the super secret Kingdom Hearts character!*

LaPetiteSalope
01-19-2005, 05:48 PM
Hai, I was going to e-mailing her about it IF we all decide to use the badge if we like the outcome. When I originally posted the image, I mentioned that it was from Aurore BlackCat's site.

Ahh, Gomen gomen. n_n;; I didn't see, suuu.

zekitty
01-19-2005, 06:05 PM
Ahh, Gomen gomen. n_n;; I didn't see, suuu.

Izawright! :3 I've been seeing Aurore's art in your avatar for quite a long time now, but it keeps slipping my mind to PM you about it x.x; *<3s Aurore's art*

...Why can't I CG that gooooood?? T-T

Anyways everyone, I'm just about to post the font choices!! I'll add it onto this post when I'm done!!

Riji
01-19-2005, 06:27 PM
I'm wondering if I could use the "VA does it better" in my submission. I didn't come up with the phrase so I would like to get permission.

Star_Angel
01-19-2005, 08:35 PM
I'm wondering if I could use the "VA does it better" in my submission. I didn't come up with the phrase so I would like to get permission.
I dont see why it would be a problem, who mentioned it first? and your doing a badge to? Yay, I so cant wait to see all the ones everyone is doing!

Riji
01-19-2005, 08:47 PM
I dont see why it would be a problem, who mentioned it first? and your doing a badge to? Yay, I so cant wait to see all the ones everyone is doing!
I think it was zekitty who mentioned it. I didn't want to go ahead and use it and then someone get angry later. Saves me some worrying by asking.

zekitty
01-20-2005, 06:25 AM

Go ahead and use it! ^-^ No need to ask for permission, ne? It's just a phrase. *kicks it* I'm interested to see your submission!

Everyone! Here are pretty fonts and shtuffs. Just a handful out of my collection that I thought might suit the purposes of my submisson. I mostly have creepy fonts or down-to-earth fonts, so graceful fots really isn't my speciatly. XD

http://64.132.144.25/~echoing/error404/images/Fonts.jpg

BethanyH
01-20-2005, 10:03 AM
Go ahead and use it! ^-^ No need to ask for permission, ne? It's just a phrase. *kicks it* I'm interested to see your submission!

Everyone! Here are pretty fonts and shtuffs. Just a handful out of my collection that I thought might suit the purposes of my submisson. I mostly have creepy fonts or down-to-earth fonts, so graceful fots really isn't my speciatly. XD

http://64.132.144.25/~echoing/error404/images/Fonts.jpg

:-) I like the 7th one.....just my 2 cents. ;-)

Star_Angel
01-20-2005, 06:15 PM
:-) I like the 7th one.....just my 2 cents. ;-)
I agree I like that one too! :)

zekitty
01-21-2005, 06:53 AM
Alright! The seventh one it is! *runs off to go put it in*

bigwil
01-21-2005, 11:54 AM
finally those front loaded for me...ic seem now..da seventh is pretty good...da 8th cool be would be copying coke a cola...just my input Viva la katsu!!!

zekitty
01-21-2005, 03:09 PM
Alright everyone! I've finished the badge, but I feel like it's missing something, or the font alignment if off or something... O.o Any suggestions are most DEFINATELY welcome. x.x;

http://64.132.144.25/~echoing/error404/images/Badge2.jpg

EDIT: WHEE! PAGE 8!! *does a little dance* (>^^)> <(^^<) ^(^^)^ (>^^)> <(^^<)

BethanyH
01-21-2005, 03:14 PM
I think it's adorable!

bigwil
01-21-2005, 03:28 PM
Looks good..I suggest ..Sizin' down the character a little..take out tha name part..ppl should know what that space is for....and put tha slogan over the name space....Or..what about puttin VCS up top but..i forgot word for that thing....VirginiaCosplaySociety and still removin the name part again put the slogan over the name space...that's just my opinion...Viva la katsu!

zekitty
01-21-2005, 04:26 PM
*confuzzled* So... Put something in the space where the name's supposed to go? O.o?

EDIT: Okay, I think I get it now! *has a small brain* XD

Okay, so you want me to make the girl smaller and take out the "Name:" then put "VA is for Cosplayers" above the Name field box.

Or, putting "Virginia Cosplay Society" at the top, with all of the above changes as well. I'll make badges for your requests now.

SECOND EDIT! MUAHA!!: Alright! I've made the changes. I like the second one better... The first one looks kinda sapcey. x.x;

http://64.132.144.25/~echoing/error404/images/Badge2proto1.jpg

http://64.132.144.25/~echoing/error404/images/Badge2proto2.jpg

bag0k
01-21-2005, 06:10 PM
Maybe you can try arranging it like this?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/SuperMo0/Photos/Of%20Rachel/5ddaeb0c.jpg

...yeah, I just like, butchered your design, but I'm a microsoft paint person :P.

(edit: this is just an idea for arranging the elements in the design... I'm not submitting this or suggesting that this is exactly what the badge should look like...)

zekitty
01-21-2005, 08:55 PM
XDDD I <3 your drawing, bag0k!! XDD Yayness for MS Paint!! I'll put up a preview of your suggestion tomorrow (I'm uber tired right now, time to sleep!)! I think your suggestion is REALLY good, so it may end up being my favourite! :3

Riji
01-21-2005, 09:25 PM
I like it! X3

Makes me not want to submit mine! XD

bigwil
01-22-2005, 01:40 AM
IC..lookin good... :bigtu: ....let's see Bag0k idea come to life...

zekitty
01-22-2005, 06:52 AM
I like it! X3

Aww!! Nuu! SUbmit yours! It'd be awesome to see someone else's art in this thread! XD I'm beginning to feel like a badge hog, lol!

Here's bag0k's idea, and I like it A LOT! Uh-huh! Uh-huh! I like it, I like it, I like it! *nod nod* Though, I think we should find a place to add "VCS," even if it's a small corner. Ya know, just so people knows it's us. ^-^

http://64.132.144.25/~echoing/error404/Badge2proto3.jpg

bigwil
01-22-2005, 12:30 PM
Aww!! Nuu! SUbmit yours! It'd be awesome to see someone else's art in this thread! XD I'm beginning to feel like a badge hog, lol!

Here's bag0k's idea, and I like it A LOT! Uh-huh! Uh-huh! I like it, I like it, I like it! *nod nod* Though, I think we should find a place to add "VCS," even if it's a small corner. Ya know, just so people knows it's us. ^-^

Reduce&center da character...VCS up top..reduced sized slogan at da bottom...:japan:...I wish I had photoshop or somethin similar..*sob*

zekitty
01-22-2005, 04:16 PM
Reduce&center da character...VCS up top..reduced sized slogan at da bottom...:japan:...I wish I had photoshop or somethin similar..*sob*

I've already done something smiliar to what you've suggested, bigwil. The only difference from your previous suggestion would be if the name box was gone. Centering everything would leave too much space around the figure and around the words. The reason the character is big is because it fills up space in a tasteful manner. Though, I am considering making the slogan a smaller-point font.

Any other suggestions?

zekitty
01-25-2005, 07:39 PM
Alright everyone! :3 I'm leaving for Texas tomorrow and I won't be back until February 3rd! You've seen all types of my submissions! Other people need to submit, too! x.x I feel like a badge hog, lol!

See ya in 7 days! *cheesy spooky theme* 7 days...!

Star_Angel
01-25-2005, 08:02 PM
I like it! X3

You better submit yours!!! And Zekitty I like it!

Star_Angel
01-27-2005, 02:09 PM
Sorry for the double post everyone! but just a reminder you have 7 more days to get those VCS badges done. PM me the links by the 7th so I can start a poll to see which one everyone wants to use for Katsucon!
I was also thinking I know everyone is working really hard on them that we could just decide different badges for different cons so everyones gets used? I think it would be good and everyone who worked on a badge wouldnt have waisted their time if they didnt get picked this time! Let me know what you all think about this idea!

Riji
01-27-2005, 02:18 PM
Err, I don't think I'm going to get mine done in time. Haven't even scanned it yet. ^^;

Star_Angel
01-27-2005, 03:07 PM
Err, I don't think I'm going to get mine done in time. Haven't even scanned it yet. ^^;
Ooo, but I wanted to see it! well even if you dont get it done in time just send it to me when your done and we can add it to the others that done get chosen for Katsucon, if we decide to choose a different one for each con!

Riji
01-27-2005, 03:34 PM
Ooo, but I wanted to see it! well even if you dont get it done in time just send it to me when your done and we can add it to the others that done get chosen for Katsucon, if we decide to choose a different one for each con!
Sounds like a plan! It'd be cool to have different ones for each con, or just multiple ones, so people can choose which one they want to wear. :bigtu:

Star_Angel
01-27-2005, 09:45 PM
Sounds like a plan! It'd be cool to have different ones for each con, or just multiple ones, so people can choose which one they want to wear. :bigtu:
I was thinking about the multiple thing too, but if we all have the same one for a con it would be easier to spot if people dont know what everyone looks like and all, if we all have different looking ones then it would be harder to spot people.

zekitty
02-01-2005, 09:53 AM
Waaiiii!! Access to t3h Internet~~ No one has anymore submissions...? ._. I feel like a Badge Hog. T-T

bag0k
02-01-2005, 05:27 PM
Waaiiii!! Access to t3h Internet~~ No one has anymore submissions...? ._. I feel like a Badge Hog. T-T
Naw... don't say that! I'm not submitting one because my skillz on paper are kinda meh, and my skills on the computer are like, nonexistent. Gah... After seeing Napoleon Dynamite, I realize that I keep making refrences to it! I LOATHE that movie :miffed:

Star_Angel
02-01-2005, 07:54 PM
I think some people were gonna submit they just havnt gotten them up yet, so remeber everyone PM me with the link by the 7th! (which is this monday) so I can make a poll so we can all decide which one were gonna use for Katsu!!! only 17 more days left!

Riji
02-01-2005, 08:26 PM
only 17 more days left!

*sob* My sanity...it's leaving me. >.<

Dad: Y'know, the convention is only about 2 weeks away.
Me: -_-() Believe me, I know.

:p

Star_Angel
02-01-2005, 09:36 PM
*sob* My sanity...it's leaving me. >.<

Dad: Y'know, the convention is only about 2 weeks away.
Me: -_-() Believe me, I know.

:p
Oh! *hugs* it's ok! just think well get to hang out soon!!! Yay :jjacks:

Riji
02-01-2005, 09:40 PM
Oh! *hugs* it's ok! just think well get to hang out soon!!! Yay :jjacks:
I know! I'm looking forward to the x amount of hours we're going to spend in line! X3

I promise I'll let you sit on my cloud! Lol, it's going to be big enough for 2 people comfortably, three if you want to squish together. XD

Star_Angel
02-01-2005, 10:32 PM
I know! I'm looking forward to the x amount of hours we're going to spend in line! X3

I promise I'll let you sit on my cloud! Lol, it's going to be big enough for 2 people comfortably, three if you want to squish together. XD
Squee!! I get to sit on a cloud!!!!! Me in my big yellow Aya dress!

bigwil
02-01-2005, 11:38 PM
Save me a spot on that cloud!!! XD

Star_Angel
02-02-2005, 02:03 PM
16 more days everyone!!! :jjacks: can't wait till i get to meet a bunch of you!!!!!
Just a reminder that feb 7th you need to have the badge entrys in to me so we can start a poll!
and that the Katsucon get-together is at 1:30 on Sat. in the crystal city underground food court!
*runs off to class*

Riji
02-02-2005, 03:13 PM
~*~Saturday, Febuary 19, 1:35 P.M~*~

Massive Group of Cosplayers: Foooooodddd!
People Passing By: O_o;
Random Malice Mizer Fan: *whisper* I thought Kami was dead...
Random Malice Mizer Fan's Friend: But...he's here with Mana so maybe Mana ressurected him.
Random Malice Mizer Fan: I always knew Mana was weird.
Riji and Star_Angel: ^^;;

zekitty
02-02-2005, 11:45 PM
XDD VIVA LA KATSU~~ *falls down her stairs* (Yesh, I'm home now.)

Riji
02-03-2005, 03:27 PM
XDD VIVA LA KATSU~~ *falls down her stairs* (Yesh, I'm home now.)

VIVA LA KATSU!!! XD

(I already have three tests the same week as Katsu. :sulk: )

Star_Angel
02-03-2005, 08:03 PM
~*~Saturday, Febuary 19, 1:35 P.M~*~

Massive Group of Cosplayers: Foooooodddd!
People Passing By: O_o;
Random Malice Mizer Fan: *whisper* I thought Kami was dead...
Random Malice Mizer Fan's Friend: But...he's here with Mana so maybe Mana ressurected him.
Random Malice Mizer Fan: I always knew Mana was weird.
Riji and Star_Angel: ^^;;
te-he thats just a funny little mental pic!
and ZeKitty be careful we want you to make it to katsucon! I want to meet you so dont end up in the hospital!!!
and yes Vava La Katsu!!!!

bigwil
02-03-2005, 11:12 PM
4 those who don't know...My guilty gear pic made into psm...check my otherstuff gallery..4 the pic... well after frastration of this PSM thing... about votin' and stuff...http://www.psmonline.com/pulse_reloaded.php ...I guess u go to fandom..and vote 4 the Guilty gear cosplay group!...:japan:

bag0k
02-04-2005, 03:41 PM
Gah... If I don't bring my grades up, my parents won't let me go to Katsucon! The outlook isn't good... I've gotta do my math homework! I don't like math! >:(
Ohmygoshohmygoshomygosh I'm so stressed! I'm flippin' out about costumes and lines and grades and stuff and things and hoooooly cow I'm just crazy right now but not in a good way... X_X

zekitty
02-04-2005, 04:21 PM
I can help you in math! :3 I'm a math wiz! Just, for heavens sake, no advanced Trig. I hate that stuff. >.<

BethanyH
02-04-2005, 06:57 PM
Gah... If I don't bring my grades up, my parents won't let me go to Katsucon! The outlook isn't good... I've gotta do my math homework! I don't like math! >:(
Ohmygoshohmygoshomygosh I'm so stressed! I'm flippin' out about costumes and lines and grades and stuff and things and hoooooly cow I'm just crazy right now but not in a good way... X_X
Aww :-( I can help you with Spanish, if you need that! I do private tutoring!

Winters Knight
02-04-2005, 09:59 PM
So.... yeah .. I'll be at katsucon too.. (finally it's all certain). I may do the badgey submission thing (just now actually read this thread) or I may get lazy lol.. Sic Semper Cosplayers!

See you all there... With my Annie!

~Jenn

Star_Angel
02-04-2005, 10:07 PM
So.... yeah .. I'll be at katsucon too.. (finally it's all certain). I may do the badgey submission thing (just now actually read this thread) or I may get lazy lol.. Sic Semper Cosplayers!

See you all there... With my Annie!

~Jenn
Yay!! I cant wait to see my Jenni!!! and meet Annie!!!
Just remeber everyone the submissions need to be in by monday!!!!! just pm me with a link and ill make a poll!!! cant wait to see everyone in 14 days!

zekitty
02-06-2005, 07:34 AM
Yes yes! Submit more badges! I want to see something OTHER than my work on that poll! XD

Star_Angel
02-06-2005, 10:52 PM
Ok people dont forget to get me those badge entrys (a link to where you have the pic at is good!) by tomarrow (which is in like 7 mins, lol) and once I get them (ill wait till Monday night to put the poll up and have it go through sat or sun so everyone can vote)
Just think everyone 11 more days!!!
Edit- Ok people get me those entrys for the badges! come on so many of you said you were working on them! ok well just get them to me today and I'll post them around 10-11pm so I have time to get them from every because of people being in school and all! ok well cant wait to see them! hope evryone had a wonderful monday and 10 days!! (man after i thought that it reminded me of the ring! Ooo spooky, ok back to classes for me!)

Riji
02-07-2005, 04:31 PM
I don't think I'm going to be able to make it to the gathering, either that or I'm going to be very very late. The picture-taking thing with PLC is at 2.

bag0k
02-07-2005, 08:52 PM
I can help you in math! :3 I'm a math wiz! Just, for heavens sake, no advanced Trig. I hate that stuff. >.<Aww :-( I can help you with Spanish, if you need that! I do private tutoring!
Aaaw... thank you! I feel so loved! ^_^ It's not the work I don't understand, I'm just lazy :P I'm in Algebra 2, and I really like Geometry a whole lot more. I don't like crunching numbers -_-. And I'm also only in Spanish 1 and it's OK. I get confuzzled when congegating verbs sometimes. I also keep forgetting the verbs themselves. I can remember vocab pretty easy, except with the verbs!

Ah, but I ramble. I just found out that my pre-registration made it in! Hooray! I was worried because my dad mailed it sunday morn', but the check and form were dated for the 8th. But they were nice! Hooray! Oh, and I have a question. I saw the schedule, and it appears that there are only 5 rooms. Huh. How many rooms approximatley are deticated to videos and such?

Bethii-chan
02-07-2005, 08:59 PM
I think the schedule they have up now is just for live programming. I'm assuming they'll have a video schedule up sometime before the con...

Star_Angel
02-08-2005, 08:33 AM
Ok so did anyone else have a badge to add to the ones for Katsucon? I didnt get any Pm's from anyone! if this is so then I gues Zekitty's is the one were using!

zekitty
02-08-2005, 02:35 PM
Nuuu! The autographs and pictures are 2!! T-T

Using my badge...? I feel happi! ^-^ But at the same, kinda bad. Why didn't anyone submit?! WAAHHH!!

*ahem* But anyways... Yeah, I can't miss the PLC A&P. Now that the actual Katsucon schedule is UP, I'll bet a lot of the photoshoot times and such are going to be changed. *nod* I'll have time for the gathering pretty much before and after the PLC A&P. *nod* (What's the Cosplay Green room? O.o?) We could always move the gathering to 12-1:30 if no one minds missing the PLC Q&A, or we could meet immediatly after the PLC A&P and have a late lunch? Cons make me hungry. >:3 So I'm always eating.

bag0k
02-08-2005, 04:00 PM
Well, I just looked at the schedule and it seems that everyting is taken up by something big... I want to go to the webcomic thing 'cuz VG Cats and MacHall'll be there, and to see how I can put my mad art and comedy skillz on the 'net (bwahaha, I'm so vain >:P), and then there's PLC thingymabobs which many people wanna go to, then there's cosplay rehersals and I'm not sure how many of 'yalls are going there.... and I like Zekitty's idea! In Mexico they have lunches around that time! (At least that's what my spanish book says... O_o). But I wanna eat lunch with everyone! Bonding time! ^-^ (<----- lives nowhere near Charlotesville (sp?))
anywho, I think the "cosplay green room" is um... maybe where the people doing skits prepare and stuff, and those rooms are reserved for... it... I dunno. This is my first Katsucon, so don't listen to me. :P

Star_Angel
02-08-2005, 07:33 PM
Nuuu! The autographs and pictures are 2!! T-T

Using my badge...? I feel happi! ^-^ But at the same, kinda bad. Why didn't anyone submit?! WAAHHH!!

*ahem* But anyways... Yeah, I can't miss the PLC A&P. Now that the actual Katsucon schedule is UP, I'll bet a lot of the photoshoot times and such are going to be changed. *nod* I'll have time for the gathering pretty much before and after the PLC A&P. *nod* (What's the Cosplay Green room? O.o?) We could always move the gathering to 12-1:30 if no one minds missing the PLC Q&A, or we could meet immediatly after the PLC A&P and have a late lunch? Cons make me hungry. >:3 So I'm always eating.
The cosplay Green Room is where the people participating in the cosplay go and wait while the cosplay is going on.
~Or we could do our gathering later that night like after the cosplay i mean normaly they have a dance or something why dont we all meet up then? we couldnt meet in the crystal city underground since it'd be closed but we could all go to some obscure part of the lobby. I have a gundam Seed shoot at 3 and a kingdom hearts one at 4 so if we did it it would have to be after i got in the Kingdom hearts costume because oncei get into that costume it may be hard to get out of it, hmm i might change befor the cosplay though since i didnt get in (im on the waiting list *sniff sniff*) b/c i dont think ill be bale to sit down in the costume! lol. we could always aim for later that afternoon but the con may be really full then b/c its a sat. afternoon. I think the later that night thing might be the best time if thats cool with everyone, have like a little meet and greet then get some pics. let me know what you all think.
And yes Zekitty were using your badge your the only one who submited one! so everyone skim back a few pages and print that sucker off! lol.

zekitty
02-08-2005, 07:52 PM
Hai, let's all have an early dinner instead of a late lunch, or just hang out really late and mingle and scare random Normal People that walk by! ^-^ I'm actually going to the post-cosplay dance, so I can do it anytime before then. :3

Star_Angel
02-08-2005, 07:59 PM
Hai, let's all have an early dinner instead of a late lunch, or just hang out really late and mingle and scare random Normal People that walk by! ^-^ I'm actually going to the post-cosplay dance, so I can do it anytime before then. :3
Yeah the late night gettogether might be best if everyones gonna go to the dance anyways, so what works for everyone else, after the cosplay or later in the evening?
and Zekitty did you not have a good time in Texas? (sorry was reading your sig. lol)

bag0k
02-08-2005, 08:14 PM
Whee! Scaring! It'll be my first scare-fest! ^_^ Would an "early dinner" be around 5 or 6? It doesn't look like there's anything interesting goin' on then. And as for staying late, I can probably stay until geez... I dunno... My dad's being suprisingly concerned for my safetey. He just said that midnight is too late for a teenage girl, and I well... kinda disagree. So basically, if we hang out too late, my parents would have to get the cell phone numbers of one or two of 'yall. Gosh... they've never cared so much! I feel so loved! :p

Oh, and Zekitty, why does your signature say "Don't go to Texas?" What happened? :(

Riji
02-08-2005, 08:38 PM
Whee! Scaring! It'll be my first scare-fest! ^_^ Would an "early dinner" be around 5 or 6? It doesn't look like there's anything interesting goin' on then. And as for staying late, I can probably stay until geez... I dunno... My dad's being suprisingly concerned for my safetey. He just said that midnight is too late for a teenage girl, and I well... kinda disagree. So basically, if we hang out too late, my parents would have to get the cell phone numbers of one or two of 'yall. Gosh... they've never cared so much! I feel so loved! :p

Oh, and Zekitty, why does your signature say "Don't go to Texas?" What happened? :(
I'll give your dad the number of my mobile if necessary. My dad is concerned about me as well, but he feels conventions are relatively safe. I just check in with him every now and again (usually when I'm hungry or need to stash something in the room. :p)

Star_Angel
02-08-2005, 09:04 PM

I'll let them have my cell number thats cool, its a NC number but i mean everyones is gonna be long distance, lol. I like the idea of after the cosplay i think everyone will be pumped after it and ready for the dance (or the late night video rooms, lol)

Riji
02-08-2005, 09:47 PM
I like the idea of after the cosplay i think everyone will be pumped after it and ready for the dance (or the late night video rooms, lol)
Yes! Hanging out when we're all tired and weird is the way to go! :p

I haven't really stuck around at a con rave before, mostly because I didn't know anybody and I can't, well, "rave." Kind of how I ended up watching Camino go up and down the elevators at AUSA... :razz:

Star_Angel
02-08-2005, 09:52 PM
Yes! Hanging out when we're all tired and weird is the way to go! :p

I haven't really stuck around at a con rave before, mostly because I didn't know anybody and I can't, well, "rave." Kind of how I ended up watching Camino go up and down the elevators at AUSA... :razz:
Lol thats what i did, I got stuck behind them at the front desk and was trying to not stare to hard at one of their guitarists, lol. and im nto much of a dance person either, lol. we can sit in the hallway and scare people!!!

Riji
02-08-2005, 10:03 PM
Lol thats what i did, I got stuck behind them at the front desk and was trying to not stare to hard at one of their guitarists, lol. and im nto much of a dance person either, lol. we can sit in the hallway and scare people!!!
I was in front of said guitarist during the concert. Poor Taka, must've blinded him with the amount of photos I took. :thumbsup:

Anyway, how about we ride the elevator and bring a portable stereo and play jrock. That'll scare people from getting on the elevator. :)

Star_Angel
02-08-2005, 10:09 PM
I was in front of said guitarist during the concert. Poor Taka, must've blinded him with the amount of photos I took. :thumbsup:

Anyway, how about we ride the elevator and bring a portable stereo and play jrock. That'll scare people from getting on the elevator. :)
OoO i like that idea and i can dress like sadako while were doing it since my hair will go over my face, *evil grin* "seven days" lol. Yeah I wanted to steal him so bad he was sooo cute! lol.

Riji
02-08-2005, 10:31 PM
OoO i like that idea and i can dress like sadako while were doing it since my hair will go over my face, *evil grin* "seven days" lol. Yeah I wanted to steal him so bad he was sooo cute! lol.
That'd be cool. Would definitely freak at least someone out.

Did you see Ryosuke? I couldn't see him during the concert due to the angle but he walked by me later and I was like O__O Definitely a cutie. Hehe.

And for your benefit, I'm going to enclose a present. :toothy:

Star_Angel
02-08-2005, 10:54 PM
That'd be cool. Would definitely freak at least someone out.

Did you see Ryosuke? I couldn't see him during the concert due to the angle but he walked by me later and I was like O__O Definitely a cutie. Hehe.

And for your benefit, I'm going to enclose a present. :toothy:
Ahh that was like my fav. pic out of the ones you took at the concert!!! yeah he looked like right at me when i was waiting at the front desk. I got to talk to them in Japanese and eberything they were really nice and didnt laugh at me because of my bad japanese (hey im getting there I will teach it one day! lol)

Riji
02-08-2005, 10:59 PM
Ahh that was like my fav. pic out of the ones you took at the concert!!! yeah he looked like right at me when i was waiting at the front desk. I got to talk to them in Japanese and eberything they were really nice and didnt laugh at me because of my bad japanese (hey im getting there I will teach it one day! lol)
I have a whole bunch that I never posted. Mind you, I did delete most of the ones I had posted at one point but I had a lot more than that. 82 con photos = 51 Camino + 31 Cosplayers. Sad... :thumbsup:

I have a stereo I can bring, but it needs batteries. It's kind of old, but it'll work. I can buy batteries when I go hunting for blue glowsticks. :bigtu:

I'll be more than happy to bring along my cd collection. Plus I always end up buying at least 3 cds at a convention so we'll be decently stocked with Jrock I think if a couple other people pitch in. :)

bigwil
02-09-2005, 12:21 AM
zekitty-
Yeah..Party and Chillin' wit the VCS! :bigtu: :jjacks: :dance: :jjacks:

zekitty
02-09-2005, 05:17 AM
d00d, I turn around for a new hours and then all of a sudden there's, like, 3598458953796 new posts. XDD

Texas (or at least, El Paso) is bad. Don't go there. Think of a barren desert... Now think of a small, Spanish-speaking community that gets mad at you when you don't speak Spanish and plop it right smack in the middle of the desert. Now, think of THE slowest internet (I'm talking molassas!), and add it to the town. Oh, and add food that makes everyone in your family sick. There's El Paso. Huston looked a lot more comfortable when we flew over. Every other house had a swimming pool and there were lots of city-like tall buildings and I'm sure there's lots of Eenglish-speaking people. ^-^ Some stupid lady in a restraunt tried to lecture/scold me for not wanting to learn Spanish. Hmph, stupid puta.

Anyways, hai. You can have my cellie #! ^-^ I know what it's like to have over-protective parents. -.-;;;;; Annoying, isn't it?

So what time shuld we all meet, then? We need a time that won't interfere with everyone's plans and won't be too late. *nod*

Riji
02-09-2005, 07:22 AM
Some stupid lady in a restraunt tried to lecture/scold me for not wanting to learn Spanish. Hmph, stupid puta.
My old Spanish teacher called Britney Spears a puta. Haha.

So what time shuld we all meet, then? We need a time that won't interfere with everyone's plans and won't be too late. *nod*
After cosplay on Saturday? Can't be on Friday as I have to get up early to do VK makeup.

zekitty
02-09-2005, 07:56 AM
Hai hai! ^-^ I'm not going to stay for "Whose Cosplay" (whatever that is...) so perhaps during that time? Or else it'll get too late...? >.>? I dunno! T-T School's frying my brain. XD

Star_Angel
02-09-2005, 09:06 AM
I have a whole bunch that I never posted. Mind you, I did delete most of the ones I had posted at one point but I had a lot more than that. 82 con photos = 51 Camino + 31 Cosplayers. Sad... :thumbsup:

I have a stereo I can bring, but it needs batteries. It's kind of old, but it'll work. I can buy batteries when I go hunting for blue glowsticks. :bigtu:

I'll be more than happy to bring along my cd collection. Plus I always end up buying at least 3 cds at a convention so we'll be decently stocked with Jrock I think if a couple other people pitch in. :)
And of course I'll bring my J-rock stuff to (its not as big as my j-pop collection but it's getting there) and of course I'll have some PlC, lol.
And Zekitty- wow that sounds like a kinda scary place, That lady would be yalling at me to since I dont know Spanish worth a poo! maybe thats why I'm going to school for Japanese, lol.

Winters Knight
02-09-2005, 03:57 PM
wow, far too much with the confusion here. Angie.. you'll just tell me when everything is on the trip up, right?

~Confuzzled Jenn

Star_Angel
02-09-2005, 06:09 PM
wow, far too much with the confusion here. Angie.. you'll just tell me when everything is on the trip up, right?

~Confuzzled Jenn
Yeah I'll et ya know when were having our get-together, and wow im looking at your con planner thing and it says your going to two katsucons!!! lol. but yeah i will so totally fill you in girly!

makotohanabi
02-09-2005, 06:23 PM
There's a Japanese restaurant kind of near the Mariott, if anyone's interested I can look up it's hours and location. Saturday night is good, but what time exactly and where will we meet?

Yay Camino! Gave my Camino pics to a friend to post on his website. should be up soon. Funny, anytime I ran into them at the con, they would stop and stare at my hair. Guess they don't see many people with knee length hair.

bag0k
02-09-2005, 07:12 PM
There's a Japanese restaurant kind of near the Mariott, if anyone's interested I can look up it's hours and location. Saturday night is good, but what time exactly and where will we meet?

Yay Camino! Gave my Camino pics to a friend to post on his website. should be up soon. Funny, anytime I ran into them at the con, they would stop and stare at my hair. Guess they don't see many people with knee length hair.
Hm... I don't know if I would be interested in a Japanese restaurant. I'm going alone and on a super tight budjet, and I'm not planning on having anything to change into. Dipp's costume is super-bulky, and although I like the idea of cosplaying in public, Dipp's a bit overboard. So, I wouldn't be able to go... :( I think it's best that we all just meet up at the con, 'cuz it's easier to organize. I dunno.

Edit: Knee-length hair?! Holy cow! I envy your super-scalp! O_O I've wanted hair that long since I was 5!

Riji
02-09-2005, 07:22 PM
I had hair down to about mid-thigh length for about 10 years. Now I can't stand having it longer than shoulder-length. :thumbsup:

I envy your ability to put up with it. Long hair is so pretty. *_____*

As for the Japanese restaurant: it would be cool, but I don't think I'd want to spend very much money on food at Katsu due to the fact that I'm going to be hitting up merchandise something awful. I think I would go, however, just as long as I knew that we were going to do it before Katsu so I can bring a little bit extra money. :bigtu:

Bethii-chan
02-09-2005, 07:37 PM
I like this meeting up after the cosplay thing. Maybe we could bring desserts and picnic out in the hall and scare people. And by desserts I mean like cookies, candy, stuff that doesn't melt ^_^;

kaikei@gmail.co
02-09-2005, 07:39 PM
Kon ban wa, watashi wa Kaike! I'm from Conneticut, :cry: , I was wondering if I could join you guys or would I be excluded! I think that most of you are nice and would not be so cruel as to kick a fellow cosplayer out of the fun! What do you say?

Star_Angel
02-09-2005, 08:10 PM
Kon ban wa, watashi wa Kaike! I'm from Conneticut, :cry: , I was wondering if I could join you guys or would I be excluded! I think that most of you are nice and would not be so cruel as to kick a fellow cosplayer out of the fun! What do you say?
Konbanwa, watashi wa Angela desu! ogenki desuka. I dont really see a probelm with it, just dont get angry if you get asked where are you from in Va? a million times, lol.
Awww come Riji long hairs no problem just do what i do, wear it up most of the time, lol.
The japanese resturant will probaly be closed by the time we meet if we meet after the cosplay and paying for food at a con? what do you mean your supose to live off of pocky and ramune! lol. Oh and the desert idea is a good idea i think! and I love your little icon and Ha! I can see you! lol.

Riji
02-09-2005, 08:10 PM
I don't see why not, as if people want to join us at the convention, I don't imagine we'd say no...however, it's not up to me to fully decide. Who're you cosplaying as at Katsu?

zekitty
02-10-2005, 05:16 AM

Well, personally... West Virginia is one thing, but CT is way North and isn't really part of VA. It's called the "Virginia Cosplay Society," (hence, Virginians)but I wouldn't mind you hanging out with us. But unless we get our name changed, VCS is for people in VA. Just my opinion. *shrug*

Star_Angel
02-10-2005, 08:50 AM
Well, personally... West Virginia is one thing, but CT is way North and isn't really part of VA. It's called the "Virginia Cosplay Society," (hence, Virginians)but I wouldn't mind you hanging out with us. But unless we get our name changed, VCS is for people in VA. Just my opinion. *shrug*
I agree it is for Virginians ((west (yeah by the way where are all the WVa peoples!?!?) and just plain old Va.)) but I dont think anyone would mind someone else hanging out, I mean if were all from Va. whose gonna take a group shot?!?!? well cant wait to see and meet eevryone! just think everyone like 7 days till katsucon! ahh I need to go finish that last cosplay! darn you college!!!
Oh and as for the snack thing I may make cupcakes for the gathering, Yay im gonna be transporting a ton of cupcakes from Nc! lol. (just hope I dont eat them all on the 6 hour drive! lol)

Riji
02-10-2005, 01:44 PM
Oh and as for the snack thing I may make cupcakes for the gathering, Yay im gonna be transporting a ton of cupcakes from Nc! lol. (just hope I dont eat them all on the 6 hour drive! lol)
I'm not going to bring anything. I'm already transporting armor that's going to take up a lot of space, clothes, giant cloud, god knows how many pairs of shoes, and a cart to minimize trips back and forth from car to hotel room. Once you add all that stuff into my car and there's going to be very little space for me. :thumbsup: Not to mention the fact that the last time I made food for a gathering, no one ate it. :untrust:

zekitty
02-10-2005, 02:31 PM
I agree it is for Virginians ((west (yeah by the way where are all the WVa peoples!?!?) and just plain old Va.)) but I dont think anyone would mind someone else hanging out, I mean if were all from Va. whose gonna take a group shot?!?!? well cant wait to see and meet eevryone! just think everyone like 7 days till katsucon! ahh I need to go finish that last cosplay! darn you college!!!

Hai, me too. I'm going to be travelling with my Yunie and two of her friends, and there's going to be a lot of armor and swords and staves. x.x;;; But I'll try anyways!!! *<3s cupcakes!*

Riji
02-10-2005, 03:26 PM
Hai, me too. I'm going to be travelling with my Yunie and two of her friends, and there's going to be a lot of armor and swords and staves. x.x;;; But I'll try anyways!!! *<3s cupcakes!*
Ah, forgot about my staff. It's almost too long to fit into my car as it is. :eeek: I wonder if Katsu will even let me carry it around. :rolleyes:

Cupcakes = awesome. Star_Angel makes good brownies too! (Or were they your grandmother's?) Anyway, I'll try to bring...um...um... ....myself? Wait, I'm already bringing the stereo, so that takes up my arms so I don't have to bring any food anyway because I won't be able to carry it. Yeah. :bigtu:

(side note: post #200. I feel special. :p )

myaku_
02-10-2005, 05:12 PM
(side note: post #200. I feel special. :p )

But you are special. Everyone is special. ^_^ *unfolds hand and rainbows appear*

*Cough*

I can bring some candy. Because that's what I do. I bring gigantic bags of candy at cons... O_o

I don't remember if I've posted on this thread yet or not. I know I keep reading it...

xMegan

Star_Angel
02-10-2005, 05:19 PM
I'm not going to bring anything. I'm already transporting armor that's going to take up a lot of space, clothes, giant cloud, god knows how many pairs of shoes, and a cart to minimize trips back and forth from car to hotel room. Once you add all that stuff into my car and there's going to be very little space for me. :thumbsup: Not to mention the fact that the last time I made food for a gathering, no one ate it. :untrust:
Im already bringing some for something else so I'll just make a few extras, depending on how many people are there though there may not be enough for everyone!

Riji
02-10-2005, 07:42 PM
*unfolds hand and rainbows appear*

Aww, I wish I had the Aya power! (I decided to call it that. :toothy: )

@Star_Angel: It's okay, I probably won't eat anyway so that knocks one person off your list. :)

zekitty
02-10-2005, 09:12 PM
*throws Samurai leggings across the room* I'LL SHOW YOU STITCHING INSIDE-OUT YOU DISHRAG!! >.<

Gomen, I jsut HAD to vent somewhere. >.<

Ya, I eat a lot... XD

bag0k
02-10-2005, 09:23 PM
Ooh! I can maaaaybe bring spritz cookies! Maybe. Transporting them and making them would be a pretty big pain in the butt. So... I guess it's out. Maybe I can make another pocket in my Katamari for candy! (My Katamari's bumps will have padded pockets to hold my camera, cell phone, sewing kit, etc.) But... someone else's bringin' candy... Hm. My family makes some crazy-good fudge, but I'd be afraid it'd melt... I dunno. If anyone has a suggestion for something for me to put inside my katamari that won't crumble or melt, I'll bring it!

Riji
02-10-2005, 09:41 PM
My family makes some crazy-good fudge, but I'd be afraid it'd melt... I dunno.
You can give it to me on Friday for safe-keeping. :toothy:

bag0k
02-11-2005, 05:41 AM
You can give it to me on Friday for safe-keeping. :toothy:
Reeeeeally? That'd be so increadibly nice! ^_^ Maybe I'll do that! I've already got one or two batches of fudge to make for Valentine's day, so I guess an extra one won't hurt. I dunno when I'm going to get there just yet, so I guess I don't know when and where I'd give it to 'ya. But that'd be sooo cool! Thankyou so much! :bigtu:

dustbunny
02-11-2005, 05:23 PM
I didn't notice this thread. When do guys plan on meeting? I want to know cause I plan in going...sorry i'm a bit late in the converation.

myaku_
02-11-2005, 10:49 PM
Aww, I wish I had the Aya power! (I decided to call it that. :toothy: )

I know, everyone wants my hot hot rainbow Aya action. O_o

xMegan

Riji
02-11-2005, 10:57 PM
I didn't notice this thread. When do guys plan on meeting? I want to know cause I plan in going...sorry i'm a bit late in the converation.
At this point, I'm not sure. :thumbsup: I think Saturday night? Someone confirm?

Star_Angel
02-11-2005, 11:42 PM
At this point, I'm not sure. :thumbsup: I think Saturday night? Someone confirm?
Saturday night after the cosplay! not sure exactly what time that is but it's after the cosplay, i guess we can all meet in the marriot lobby if i get time I'll make a sighn, and i think Zekitty was making one too. (correct me if im wrong girly)

bigwil
02-12-2005, 01:29 AM
Viva La Katsu y VCS!!!...that's all I Have to say..and 4 more dayz left 4 me...weeeeeee!!*spinnin*...*falls*....Passes out! :chatah:

zekitty
02-12-2005, 06:10 AM
Hai hai, the gathering will be on Saturday after the cosplay ("Whose Katsu" at 9 p.m.) in the Marriot lobby. *nod nod* I will also be making a sign, I might even leave the cosplay a little early in order to beat the crowd. o.o It'll probably say something along the lines of, "VCS right here!! \/" XD

zekitty
02-12-2005, 06:43 AM
Alrighty everyone! Print out THIS version of the badge:

http://64.132.144.25/~echoing/error404/images/Badge2proto3.jpg

I totally forgot to add Aurore's name to it! x.x *sniffle* I feel like a thief now. T-T

Star_Angel
02-12-2005, 08:14 AM
Hai hai, the gathering will be on Saturday after the cosplay ("Whose Katsu" at 9 p.m.) in the Marriot lobby. *nod nod* I will also be making a sign, I might even leave the cosplay a little early in order to beat the crowd. o.o It'll probably say something along the lines of, "VCS right here!! \/" XD
The cosplay is suppose to go until 11pm on saturday thats what the time for the green room is b/c thats where all the entrants have to stay until the cosplay is completely over.

zekitty
02-12-2005, 08:49 AM
Wellz, in that case, I won't be able to make it because I'm going to the post-cosplay dance. :-\ A friend of mine can only go to Katsu for Saturday and he wants to go to the dance with me and a few other friends of mine...

bag0k
02-12-2005, 11:28 AM
The cosplay is suppose to go until 11pm on saturday thats what the time for the green room is b/c thats where all the entrants have to stay until the cosplay is completely over.
O_o 11 PM? Gah! That's late... Well, now that we have an official badge (ohmygosh, zekitty, it's soooo cool! :D), I'll be able to find 'yall throughout the day to say hi.
My costumes are coming along great! ^_^ I'm making lots of progress on them, and I really think I can finish them by the convention! Whee!

Riji
02-12-2005, 11:29 AM
Wellz, in that case, I won't be able to make it because I'm going to the post-cosplay dance. :-\ A friend of mine can only go to Katsu for Saturday and he wants to go to the dance with me and a few other friends of mine...
How about we all go to the dance then and then after that we can hang out in the elevators/hallways.

bag0k
02-12-2005, 12:03 PM
How about we all go to the dance then and then after that we can hang out in the elevators/hallways.
O_o how late is this thing going to be?! I can't be out in the wee hours of the moring! Maybe we should meet outside the dance, introduce ourselves, and then all go into the dance together?

Riji
02-12-2005, 12:18 PM
O_o how late is this thing going to be?! I can't be out in the wee hours of the moring! Maybe we should meet outside the dance, introduce ourselves, and then all go into the dance together?
Sorry, I'm kind of nocturnal. :thumbsup: Your idea about the dance sounds good.

myaku_
02-12-2005, 12:45 PM
Sorry, I'm kind of nocturnal. :thumbsup: Your idea about the dance sounds good.

I like the idea about the dance, too. O.o I was like "Eh, eh, eh, dance or VCS? Dance or VCS?"

xMegan

bigwil
02-12-2005, 12:51 PM
I like the idea about the dance, too. O.o I was like "Eh, eh, eh, dance or VCS? Dance or VCS?"-myaku_
Now we fused it together hazzah!

VCS goin' rock tha house. :jjacks: :dance: :jjacks: :dance: ...sad how it just like 5-6...on this forum.....(didn't look back to count...)but hey we all know people so....ViVA la VCS...and Kastu!:japan:

makotohanabi
02-12-2005, 02:55 PM
usually get roped into going to the rave so it'll work out. people who want to meet up earlier can do that also. It'll be good to have a chance to change costumes after the cosplay (usually skip whose katsu). Not sure how i'm going to survive in 5in heels.

If I have room (have to lug everthing on 2 buses and the Metro) I'll bring cookies, if any one is vegan or has allergies (nuts, chocolate, wheat) speak up and I'll do my best to find something everyone can eat.

Now I only need to do is practice putting on make up for my costumes, hook up my printer so I can print out the badge, and find out when my roommates are arriving. I'll keep an eye out for everyone when i get to the con. fyi, if you're arriving thursday Katsu will have a badge pick up from 8pm to 12am, details are on the website.

dustbunny
02-13-2005, 01:19 PM
I love the badge it's so cute. ^^ I'll be very happy wearing it.

The dance idea sounds nice cause my friend and i plan on going to that.

Cookies...yum. Great idea makotohanabi.

bigwil
02-14-2005, 12:17 AM
Happy V-Tines day! everybody! :heart: :love: :heart: ....and Viva La Katsu!!!

Star_Angel
02-14-2005, 10:39 AM
Happy V-Tines day! everybody! :heart: :love: :heart: ....and Viva La Katsu!!!
Happy Valentines Day to you Bigwill and everyone else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
See you all on Fri.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bag0k
02-14-2005, 02:25 PM
Happy Valentines Day to you Bigwill and everyone else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
See you all on Fri.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
O_O Friday... holycrapIdon'tthinkIcangetoneofmycostumesdone.
This morning, there was a balloon tied to my locker, (at my school, they sell balloons, carnations, delivered messages, etc.) and when it wasn't gone after math, I assumed it was from my little brother and carried it everywhere. My brother denied it, but it turns out my mom told him to do it and he wasn't supposed to tell me. Now how pathetic is that?! Hmph. Some secret admirer *grumbles* :sulk:

Star_Angel
02-14-2005, 02:53 PM
OMG!!!!!!!!!! gues what everyone! Im not on the waiting list for the cosplay!!!!! so that means that Donalds gonna be on stage Sat. night!!!!!!!!! you all have to root for me when I go on stage (they told me that i'll be closer to the beggining) Yay I'm so happy now!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok well i hope everyone gets everything done!! See you all Friday! :jjacks: :jjacks: :jjacks:
And Happy Heart :heart: :heart: :heart: Day!!
Aww and Bag0K it's alright you dont need a secret admirer, boys are icky anyways, lol, im just being silly.

dustbunny
02-14-2005, 04:06 PM
Aww and Bag0K it's alright you dont need a secret admirer, boys are icky anyways, lol, im just being silly
She's right. I have a bf and i still boys are gross. ^^
:heart: Happy V-Day!!! :heart: It's the best marketing day of the year. See u all on Friday!

dollssoulkirie
02-14-2005, 05:55 PM
Happy Valentine's Day, VCS. ^^

I'm going to Katsucon too (last minute decision *sweatdrop*) and I'll come by and introduce myself, though I won't have a costume. ... I doubt I'll have one, since I'm a newbie and haven't really been able to find someone to teach me how to sew or even get a sewing machine yet. (>.> Money issues suck.) But I'll print the badge out as well, so you can also find me walking around the con.

makotohanabi
02-14-2005, 06:09 PM
Just printed out my badge, i'll wear it or tie it to my camera bag on thursday. i'll tie it to my bag right now or i'll forget.

yay valentine's day!

see everyone at the con. :)

bag0k
02-14-2005, 06:12 PM
Happy Valentine's Day, VCS. ^^

I'm going to Katsucon too (last minute decision *sweatdrop*) and I'll come by and introduce myself, though I won't have a costume. ... I doubt I'll have one, since I'm a newbie and haven't really been able to find someone to teach me how to sew or even get a sewing machine yet. (>.> Money issues suck.) But I'll print the badge out as well, so you can also find me walking around the con.
Hooray! Another friend! ^_^ You don't need a sewing machine to make a costume! I'm thiiiiis close to finishing my Dipp costume, which is completley hand-sewn and glued. (Thank god for hot glue guns! O_O). You should probably look into an easy costume that you have alot of time for.
OHMYGOSH you avatar has Rena in it! I have a friend of mine who is obsessed with Star Ocean: The Second Story and the anime for it, too. We made a pretty ghetto Rena costume in like, 2 days, and she'll be walking around with me in it. I have to admit, it's pretty um... yucky and rushed, but it's her favorite character, so she loves it. Oh well!

Star_Angel
02-15-2005, 09:52 AM
Woot Woot 2 more days!!!!!!!!! until Katsu!!! :jjacks: :jjacks:

Riji
02-15-2005, 01:39 PM
*dies* my cloud isn't going to be finished in time. :lost: Oh well.

STILL have to finish repairs on Kami. XD

I leave on Friday and I'm counting today so it's actually 3 days until Katsu. :p

bag0k
02-15-2005, 03:08 PM
*cries* I'm not gonna get Altaria done! :( oh well... Dipp's lookin' a whole lot cooler. But ohmygosh! I'm really confident my dad'll let me go! I've only missed um... two homework assignments! And none in math! *dances* I've gotta update my siggy now, 'cuz I'm not doin' Altaria.

(bwahaha, red text :P)

dustbunny
02-15-2005, 05:15 PM
TWO DAYS!!! Thats crazy talk i still haven't made the finishing touches on my costumes yet. And i need my glasses to come in from ebay. :falls over: School is not helping.

Star_Angel
02-15-2005, 09:49 PM
*dies* my cloud isn't going to be finished in time. :lost: Oh well.

STILL have to finish repairs on Kami. XD

I leave on Friday and I'm counting today so it's actually 3 days until Katsu. :p
Squee!!! I get to see my Riji in 2 days!!!!
aww no cloud thats alright well have tons of fun with it at Az!!
Yay for Katsucon!!! lol.

bigwil
02-16-2005, 12:30 PM
TOMMOROW TOMMOROW..I luv ya tommorow goin' to katsu is only day away!!!!!...leavin on thrus evenin' yahhh! woo hoo!...*cartwheels*....weee*backflip*(i wish...)*dances* Viva La Kastu!,Viva La VCS!:japan:

Star_Angel
02-16-2005, 01:56 PM
TOMMOROW TOMMOROW..I luv ya tommorow goin' to katsu is only day away!!!!!...leavin on thrus evenin' yahhh! woo hoo!...*cartwheels*....weee*backflip*(i wish...)*dances* Viva La Kastu!,Viva La VCS!:japan:
Lol yep Im leaving tomarrow to but stopping in C-ville (yay I havnt been home since christmas!!!!) and then going the rest of the way friday morning! Can't wait to see everyone and plan our world conquest! lol, just kidding (or am I! lol) dont forget to print out those VCS badges everyone!

bag0k
02-16-2005, 03:14 PM
Waaaaiiit... tomorrow? Tomorrow's thursday! But... Katsucon starts on friday. Bah. Oh well. For me, it's still two days, I guess. Scratch what I said last post! Anywho, I'm expecting hellos on Saturday and Sunday! 'cuz I'm wearing my costume RIGHT NOW and it's super-cool! Though, if I bend over, you can see my navy biker shorts O_o
Ohmygosh I haven't printed my badge yet! Gotta do that, and update my siggy!

dustbunny
02-16-2005, 03:40 PM
I'm going up Friday but don't get me hyped up yet i have to take 3 tests tomorrow so i can't work on my costumes today. :cries: Lucky for me i have no school on Friday!!! O'BOY!!!

bag0k
02-16-2005, 04:33 PM
ALRIGHT!
I need to get this straight.

K. So... the final decision for meeing is right outside the dance? Aaaaand... what about snacks? I'm just so very confused! We need to set an offical time and place and details, because so far it seems that everyone's just speculating things all the time! Gah! >_<

Riji
02-16-2005, 05:43 PM
ALRIGHT!
I need to get this straight.

K. So... the final decision for meeing is right outside the dance? Aaaaand... what about snacks? I'm just so very confused! We need to set an offical time and place and details, because so far it seems that everyone's just speculating things all the time! Gah! >_<
I want to know as well. Outside the dance at what time? Where outside the dance?

Snacks? Does anyone want to bring anything?

makotohanabi
02-16-2005, 05:48 PM
yay 24 hours i'll be at the con!!

Pretty sure we're meeting outside the dance around 11pm, think it depends on when the cosplay lets out. As long as everyone has their badges, we'll find each other. I'll bring cookies, well, i'll run to my room and grab the cookies i'm supposed to bring. I'm leaving from work so i'll check the board before 8am tomorow and see if there are any changes.

Printed out my VCS badge and tied it to my camera case, if i forget that not having the badge will be the least of my worries.

yay katsu!!!

Star_Angel
02-16-2005, 06:50 PM
I want to know as well. Outside the dance at what time? Where outside the dance?

Ok do we wanna meet right after the cosplay get some pics then go change and such and meet back when the dance starts??? I know im gonna wanna get out of donald after the cosplay (If i havnt become a fried duck by then :p ) ok well let me know!

Riji
02-16-2005, 07:25 PM
Ok do we wanna meet right after the cosplay get some pics then go change and such and meet back when the dance starts??? I know im gonna wanna get out of donald after the cosplay (If i havnt become a fried duck by then :p ) ok well let me know!
I think I'm going to change before the cosplay, one being it takes me over an hour to get un-Kamified and two being that I'm not going to want to wear binding for over 10 hours. ^^;

So, when the dance starts we meet at the entrance of the dance?

bag0k
02-16-2005, 07:38 PM
Alrighty! I guess it's set then that we're all meeting when the dance starts outside of it, using the badges as guides! (At least that's my conclusion.) I will most likeley get lost, but I won't be hard to spot. Oh, and also, my little brother might be with me, but I dunno how likley that'll be. He's really only paying his $25 to spend all weekend in the gameroom *grumbles*... why do 12 year olds get it so cheap?!

Star_Angel
02-16-2005, 07:42 PM
I think I'm going to change before the cosplay, one being it takes me over an hour to get un-Kamified and two being that I'm not going to want to wear binding for over 10 hours. ^^;

So, when the dance starts we meet at the entrance of the dance?
Yeah I can't change before the Cosplay since im in it, so everyone needs to yell really loud for me when i come out, and i am not gonna get nervious, Im not darnet! lol (I have this thing with stage fright and I'm a music major they dont go together very well, lol) ok well I will see everyone in less then a day!

bag0k
02-16-2005, 07:51 PM
Yeah I can't change before the Cosplay since im in it, so everyone needs to yell really loud for me when i come out, and i am not gonna get nervious, Im not darnet! lol (I have this thing with stage fright and I'm a music major they dont go together very well, lol) ok well I will see everyone in less then a day!
WAAAAIIIIT! How will we know it's you? I wanna cheer, but I dunno who for! >_<

Riji
02-16-2005, 07:53 PM
I'll make sure to make myself look like an idiot with the amount of yelling and cheering I'll do. :thumbsup:

Side note: I don't have a color printer and my source for the color printer didn't work out so I'm not going to have a VA badge. :(

Unless, one of you very nice people wants to print me an extra copy. I'll love you forever and ever! :toothy:

dustbunny
02-16-2005, 07:55 PM
Ok 11pm outside of the dance...can bring snacks if u choose and print out the badge. Yea i got all that.

Star_Angel
02-16-2005, 08:26 PM
I'll make sure to make myself look like an idiot with the amount of yelling and cheering I'll do. :thumbsup:

Side note: I don't have a color printer and my source for the color printer didn't work out so I'm not going to have a VA badge. :(

Unless, one of you very nice people wants to print me an extra copy. I'll love you forever and ever! :toothy:
Ill print you one out it wont be on nice paper (i only have regular paper) but it'll be in color and you can write your name on it when we get there!

bigwil
02-17-2005, 12:11 AM
Woo hoooo! just got off work...well like two hours ago since this post...but...well hours to go..leavin' thrus evenin'...can't wait see ya fellow VCSers...u will all notice my badge!..lol..Viva la katsuuuu!

zekitty
02-17-2005, 08:00 AM
KATSUCON IS TOMORROW!!!!!

VIVA LA KATSU!!!!

Star_Angel
02-17-2005, 09:35 AM

VIVA LA KATSU!!!!
Yes it is I leave for Va. this afternoon! Yay! I havnt been home since christmas!! Cant wait to see everyone at the gathering, and if you see someone with a VCS badge go up and tell them "Hi!" or give them a big hug (depending on if their in costume and if it looks like it wouldnt be a good thing to hug, lol) cant wait to see you all tomarrow!!! and Viva La KATSU!!!!! :jjacks: :jjacks:

Bethii-chan
02-17-2005, 10:41 AM
Yay! Katsu is tomorrow! Still need to finish my costume ;_; It's a good thing I live sorta nearby...

I can't wait to meet everyone! ^_^

bigwil
02-17-2005, 11:19 AM
WOOOOOoooHOOOOooooo...Yeah.........makin' my input since I don't leave till later today also.....watch out if ya hear a loud ARGGGHHH! sound and african-american fellow is rush at turbo glompin' speed..lol.... and Viva La Katsu!:japan:

myaku_
02-17-2005, 02:45 PM

I'll have candy! That is, if I haven't eaten all of it by then... *cough*

*spaz**tweak*spaz*

EDIT: hey, 100th post! w00t. I can't think of a better thread to post it on. <333 I'm so sentimental and dorky. XD

xMegan

Riji
02-17-2005, 03:01 PM
I'll have candy! That is, if I haven't eaten all of it by then... *cough*

*spaz**tweak*spaz*

EDIT: hey, 100th post! w00t. I can't think of a better thread to post it on. <333 I'm so sentimental and dorky. XD

xMegan
I think I also had my 100th post somewhere in the VCS forum. :p

Yay for candy!

bag0k
02-17-2005, 03:11 PM

VIVA LA KATSU!!!!
HOORAY! LET'S PAR-TAY ALL NIGHT LONG!!!!

...um... yeah. I felt like bein' spontaneous and obnoxious.

Edit: Ooh! This is my 302nd! I think my 300th was earlier in these forums. Oh well.

dustbunny
02-17-2005, 05:42 PM
The con is tomorrow!!! I've got all my stuff ready and i'm still waiting for my glasses to come in.lol.

This con's going to kick butt!!!

Riji
02-17-2005, 08:27 PM
:jjacks: :jjacks: :jjacks: VIVA LA KATSU! :jjacks: :jjacks: :jjacks:

Everything's packed, I think. Just got to load it in the car. :bigtu:

Just think, in under 12 hours, we're all going to be randomly running into each other. :toothy:

bag0k
02-17-2005, 08:53 PM
OMYGOSH I'm still doing everything last-minute. My dad and I are working on a super-ghetto Katamari that's pretty sloppy and made mostly out of duct tape, newspaper, and a giant rubber ball... oh man... I hope I'll get started on Otakon alot earlier than for Katsucon...
But hooray anyway! I've made my badge and I'm ready for tomorrow! Sortof. I gotta iron my costume! GAH I wish my parents would let me leave school early... -_-

zekitty
02-18-2005, 04:35 AM
Katsu is today!! W00TAGE!!!!!

bag0k
02-18-2005, 01:32 PM
Katsu is today!! W00TAGE!!!!!
Yep Yep Yep! In celebration today, I wore my songstress outfit, except with jeans and a light blue tank top underneath it all. I'm so happy with the way it turned out, though, I've decided that's what I'm wearing today! I'm not even going to wear the ponytail. I'm dubbing my creation "High School Songstress," because it was nice enough to wear to school. (I didn't like how cold I was, though... note to self: tank tops in February = NO.)

bigwil
02-20-2005, 07:44 PM
Hey..Hey Fellow VCSers...good meeting the ones I could find..maybe we will be more organized at AMA....And a Big Glomp to ya all:japan:

bag0k
02-20-2005, 08:18 PM
Maybe next meet-up, it can be at an earlier time... 11:00 PM is a tad late for us younger VCS-ers. I thought I could stay up that late, because I can stay up 'til 3 at home, but conventions are exhausting! My sleepyness combined with a really bad tumbly ache was the reason I couldn't make it... :(