PDA

View Full Version : Summer Gathering 2005

Riji
01-01-2005, 01:11 AM
I was thinking that maybe we should do a non-convention gathering over the summer. Those of us that are in school should be out and it'll give us time to play dress up with our fellow VA cosplayers.

I think the next gathering for the Cville folks was going to be themed. It was either for the Cville people or for VA cosplayers as a whole, not sure. Also we had an idea to do a Alice in Wonderland reenactment. Open to ideas really.

Also, giving enough heads-up would let us decide on a location where most of us could probably meet. I don't mind doing a little road trip just as long as it's not across the state.

I would really like to push for a giant VA cosplayer gathering since I may be going to school out-of-state next year.

Thoughts?

Side note: Happy New Year everybody! Maybe next year (*cough* this year) we should have a New Year's Eve party!

bigwil
01-01-2005, 01:41 AM
Happy New Years!!!...cons apenty..Hmmm..sound like a plan in progress...More ppls to get a solid plan..on where,when...why(lol)...alice in wonderland...I'll do the cheschire cat..or a card guy...just a thought... :chatah: ..more input...more input...bzzzzttt!

sorachan
01-01-2005, 09:23 PM
I think a gathering would be awesome! I'm not sure what's really a convenient place for everyone to meet. I guess C'ville has the plus of being right off of 64. Although maybe somewhere like DC would be better--there would be a wider variety of places to gather. Or Richmond, perhaps? Since it's right in the middle of the state, basically....

I'm just throwing stuff out there, cause I would love to meet some other Va cosplayers, esp. C'ville cosplayers. I don't actually know anyone from my home town who cosplays ^_^.

Also, if there is going to be a theme, it should probably be kind of open, or loose, since not everyone will have watched the same stuff etc.

Star_Angel
01-02-2005, 01:51 PM
We could do a picnic since it would be summer and all! I mean the blue ridge parkway/ skyline drive (or somewhere else) is beautiful and would make a great place to get pics of everyone in costume! and also can i suggest we do it on a sat that way I can come? b/c I work during the week but if we do it on a weekend I can get off at least one day and come down for a long weekend!(since i go to college in NC I live w/ my parents and work there for half the summer so Ill probaly be there when theres a gathering!)

*edit- and I was gonna mention the blue ridge picnic thing for the c-ville cosplay thing so either way i think its a good idea and i had someone e-mail me saying they would love to come and take pics if we do have gatherings, but they havnt gotten back to me on that yet.

Riji
01-27-2005, 08:18 PM
*cough*

I'm planning to have a formal teaparty for my birthday this year, which falls in early June, so that's another opportunity for a gathering. I need an excuse to make a really good egl dress. ;)

Maybe to have two gatherings over the summer, counting my birthday party?

Star_Angel
01-27-2005, 09:44 PM
*cough*

I'm planning to have a formal teaparty for my birthday this year, which falls in early June, so that's another opportunity for a gathering. I need an excuse to make a really good egl dress. ;)

Maybe to have two gatherings over the summer, counting my birthday party?
Ooooo I have a secret that im gonna do for your b-day but before it b/c I might not (Might but I may) be home on your b-day b/c it's also my dads b-day! but I will see you at Az (hmm maybe that could be this before your b-day time???) ok I'll stop taunting you! lol

Riji
01-27-2005, 10:29 PM
Ooooo I have a secret that im gonna do for your b-day but before it b/c I might not (Might but I may) be home on your b-day b/c it's also my dads b-day! but I will see you at Az (hmm maybe that could be this before your b-day time???) ok I'll stop taunting you! lol

Aww, do I even get a hint? ^__^

Thanks for the thought! :heart:

Star_Angel
01-29-2005, 03:30 PM
Aww, do I even get a hint? ^__^

Thanks for the thought! :heart:
Nope no hint for you!! lol, you'll just have to find out in May! (a whole 4 months away, bwa-hahaha!)

zekitty
02-01-2005, 09:49 AM
Wellz, I think a Summer Gathering would be t3h awesomeoness! ^-^ (Yesh, I have (a very crappy) access to the 'Net here in Texas, I'll be heading home tomorrow and will start posting from home again on Thursday.) Unfortunately, I don't think my parents would let me go... >.> They're here in the room with me and I asked them if it would be possble for me to make a trip to Cville during the Summer after school lets out. They don't really like the idea... >.>

Send me pictures of it when it comes around! XDD

gargoylekitty
02-22-2005, 07:25 AM
A summer get together would definately be something worth looking into. Summertime's always so boring for me and this would be just the thing to spruce it up.