PDA

View Full Version : LazyTown costumes, anyone?

Bramblerose
01-02-2005, 02:40 AM
I'm going to make a Stephanie costume for Comic-Con (I'm sure tots and older fans would love it). I was wondering if anybody had any recommendations for what to use for the dress and where I could buy accessories (links, maybe?). I'm also planning for a female Sportacus costume called Sportica. It'd help if I could get some stuff on that too. :heart:

I already know where to get the shoes, socks, tights and bracelets. If there is a similar dress out there (for size 8, petite) send a link or picture.

Pictures are attached..

MemoriesofYuna
01-02-2005, 02:50 AM
^^ im making a stephany costume for my babysitting. i <3 lazy town! i thousht it would be funny and more hooking for the kid if i showed up dressed as stephany it would make them happy and theire childhood's a little brighter. not really that i know of. ive never really seen a dress like that but it doesnt seem difficult to make. in fact it looks pretty simple. and the purse looks easy to find and convert. ^^ im sure it's gonna look great! and i think the cosplay.com wig shop might have something close to her hair. good luck! -Aseret Yuna

Bramblerose
01-02-2005, 02:55 AM
I saw a wig in the Cosplay.com shop that I really liked but they don't have it in hot pink.. The dress does look easy to make but because I'm returning to school next week, I hope I'll have time.. THERE'S ALWAYS A WAY! *Breaks into song and dance and Sportacus and Stephanie join in..*

Actually, I will have time! I'm being promoted to high school near July.. ^_^

I wish I could babysit. All the kids around the neighborhood are already in middle school.. XD

Bramblerose
01-31-2005, 08:13 PM
LAST CALL FOR PEOPLE WHO WOULD LIKE TO HELP!!

Please.. :) I'd love to hear ideas of where to get the wig.

Beware_UY7
02-02-2005, 08:41 AM
Aphigory.com has a 'Chinadoll' wig in ultra-perky (bright pink)... I think a little trim to it might be needed to match Steph's look exactly, since the wig is a longer, tapered bob.

The best bet for the dress would be to make a fitting mock-up that you can cut apart into the sections needed for each colour. If you go for sewing the colours in (Unless you're lucky enough to find an identicle fabric), then thin bias tape would work best for the magenta sections (So you don't have to cut out tons of long strips of magenta fabric)

And remember! Having fun is what it's all about!!!

RandomPrefect
02-02-2005, 11:55 AM
i love you all so much ;-;
i recorded almost all the episodes on my Tivo type thing, i would die to make a stephanie and Robvie costume, epsecialy his Rottenbeard outfit ^^
maybe after AX i'll start them

as for what i'd use for the dress, maybe a vinyl type fabric, or just plain cotton to make it easy, bais tape for the stripes derfinetly, it shouldn't be too hard to sew on the stripes o-o

Mystic Blossom
02-02-2005, 07:49 PM
You know, I saw that show once, and funny thing. I did actually think to myself, "That would be fun to cosplay."

Don't think I will, though. Way too much other stuff to make. But I think it's awesome that you guys are doing it.

acutes
07-29-2007, 09:39 PM
Did you ever finish this costume? I'm going to try to go as Stephanie to Anime Detour in 2008 and I'm sure I'm going to have difficulty with fabrics... I'm considering trying to fit into a childrens costume... probably not possible though. Any helpful suggestions?

nickymenage
08-02-2007, 09:59 PM
Are U Nuts?!lazytown Is For Little Kids!

wizard55
03-08-2008, 03:55 AM
Well Pokemon is for kids too but lots of people cosplay it ^_^ Lazytown's Wacky and hilarious characters, amazing visuals, and catchy europop music just appeal to teens and adults for some reason. (excluding 4channers)

but anyways, I'm curious acutes, are you still planning to cosplay for detour? Would you be able to make it to NoBrandCon 2008 (in Eau Claire Wisconsin) this April as stephanie? My friend is going to try to and make a female sportacus kinda...well....she bought the kids vest with the crystal and stuff at k-mart and might make it so it fits her better and the hat too.

TariElensar
03-08-2008, 10:55 AM
Lazytown cosplay is amazing. Hands down. My friend made a Stephanie costume, and I may end up making a Rottenella one day. Or a Robbie.

The only thing about Robbie is making those pants. I have no idea how to make pants. XD Especially such high waisted ones.

pmastamonkmonk
03-08-2008, 01:38 PM
Shinjuchan did an epic Robbie Rotten cosplay

http://shinjuchan.deviantart.com/art/2007-Robbie-Rotten-costume-68438264

Spats and everything!

wizard55
03-12-2008, 02:39 AM
Shinjuchan did an epic Robbie Rotten cosplay

http://shinjuchan.deviantart.com/art/2007-Robbie-Rotten-costume-68438264

Spats and everything!

I saw that! It's quite amazing! :)

MissDragonblade
03-30-2008, 01:54 PM
OH POINT OF HELP HERE.

Voice of experience says:

When you're making the dress, REMEMBER THE LINES AREN'T STRAIGHT. The vertical lines on Steph's dress are smaller at the top than they are at the bottom, because the A-line dress naturally flares a little bit as it goes down. PLEASE take this into account as you make your outfit; it will save your costume accuracy, I SWEAR.

:bigtu: Man, when I find that yellow hoodie, I'll be finished with Maggi *hoshitthere'ssomeIcelandicgoingdowninhere*

Enny
03-31-2008, 04:19 PM
Stephanie's dress also has seven dark and seven light pink stripes. And it's SPARKLY.
Does anyone know how to make something sparkly without the sparkles having a tendency to rub off on everything?

Ooooohman, you totally need to post pictures. There needs to be more Latibaer in the costume world.

Bealzabub
04-02-2008, 01:23 AM
Ooooh, I've always wanted to do a "Glanni Glæpur i Latibæ" version Goggi Mega...

I've seen a dress pattern that had the panels for Stephanie... I think it was Kwik-Sew.

acutes
04-12-2008, 12:13 PM
I went as Stephanie at Anime Detour 2008, I don't have any pictures uploaded though. Not exactly like the real thing but as close as I could get.

MissDragonblade
04-23-2008, 08:02 PM
Lemmie just say that one day? I'll do solla stirda. Like, the original Latibær one -with the strawberry-tastic brunette. I will love -be- in love with anyone who recognizes me. :D

Uberwekkness
04-24-2008, 04:00 AM
Oh my God... I keep wanting to make myself a Stephanie costume, and make Sporticus and Robbie Rotton costumes for my brother and his friend.... That show is ridiculous.

MissDragonblade
04-24-2008, 08:03 PM
I take it that's the *good* ridiculous? Like ri-dunc-ulous?! :'3

Bealzabub
04-26-2008, 04:46 PM
Lemmie just say that one day? I'll do solla stirda. Like, the original Latibær one -with the strawberry-tastic brunette. I will love -be- in love with anyone who recognizes me. :D

XD You should! (I love that design.)

I want Goggi's pajamas from that version.

MissDragonblade
04-26-2008, 06:41 PM
xD what's your next con? We should coordinate something...

Bealzabub
04-26-2008, 10:12 PM
xD what's your next con? We should coordinate something...

SacAnime.

If I were to do it, I'd be the Green-haired "Glanni Glæpur i Latibæ" version wearing them, though. (I dislike his... baldness.)

pmastamonkmonk
05-20-2008, 04:11 PM
For sparkles, I found this glitter spray, but they fall off like crazy x_X maybe if there was a sealant or something...

Angelx624
07-07-2010, 07:59 AM
Found this thread and thought I'd bring it back up. ^_^

I wanna watch LazyTown! XD I got the "You Are a Pirate" song stuck in my head and now want to put together a Stephanie cosplay. >_>;; Lol the Pirate song is so catchy. XD

Maybe I'll be Stephanie for Saccon in December. ^^;

Ariel_VanDeKamp
07-07-2010, 06:38 PM
You should! Cosplaying Stephanie is so much fun, and I've always wanted to make the 'You are a Pirate' outfit ^^.

Angelx624
07-08-2010, 08:17 AM
Lol, thinking about it. :3 It may be the first cosplay I attempt to actually make. XD

Consort Night
07-12-2010, 01:09 PM
I've read through the posts on this thread, but I'm still unsure...

What is the best way to go about making the dress? I really want to cosplay as Stephanie, but I'm not totally good at making dresses, so I don't know the easiest way to go about this :S

uniquecreator
07-12-2010, 06:09 PM
Post a picture and I will tell you the best way to do this outfit.