PDA

View Full Version : A-Kon16 2005 Cosplay Fashion show

AoKoneko
01-02-2005, 09:08 AM
Hallo
Ok who would be up for an Cosplay Fashion show?

~AK~

Cynthia
01-11-2005, 06:43 PM
Definitely me!!!

Fallen)x(Angel
01-11-2005, 07:06 PM
Fashion show?

Scortia
01-11-2005, 07:43 PM
Depends on what it is... I'll have a couple of costumes really suited to that sort of thing but it all depends...

ZakuKitty
01-11-2005, 11:59 PM
Eh not me. I always crossplay and I know for sure the costume I plan to do would not be considered...proper fashion. :p

It will be interesting to watch though. :bigtu:

Anna
01-12-2005, 09:52 AM
What is it?

Bluest Mercury
01-12-2005, 02:03 PM
Id love to participate!^0^ sailor mercury, Summoner Yuna and Lilith

AoKoneko
01-13-2005, 08:59 PM
^_^ the costumes really don't quite matter. This is just to show off your skills as a cosplayers & cosplaying/acting like your character.

It would be best for those who want to be in the show to act just like the character they are portraying.
Those who do not want to do so and just want to show off their costume/their ""stuff"" this is also allowed. But I would like if you would please contact me for thurther instruction.

IF I get a few more responses I will contact the A-kon staff and see if this could be made into an show event.

Thank you ever so much everyone

TiraMisuSH
01-13-2005, 10:50 PM
If I come I'll do it with you!! :3 It'd be fun strutting stuff on stage. I'll try to make a new outfit for this besides Q-chan mebbe
Shiva ff7
Q-chan
and
dunno yet XD

SwordsWoman
01-13-2005, 11:45 PM
Why not ^_^ i wouldnt mind doing a 'fashion show' at all.

You never know whats fun unless you try it :p SIGN ME UP! *does dance then poses and thumbs up to a new idea for a great con*

Anna
01-14-2005, 09:52 AM
Count me in! My costumes are in my siggy.

AoKoneko
01-15-2005, 07:26 AM
:wave: This is nothing big. This is just going to be for fun. To show off your hard work. To show off your love for your chartor/your costume/ and the creator.

This show will be video taped. And if all goes well I will show the video tape (with each models permission of course) To some contacts of mine either in Japan TV Tokyo or from Dream Works. (Reason why I would show the video? I think it would be rather quite interesting to see something like this shown on TV. And showing a Net Work that there is a huge passion out there in the public for Japanese Animation and Cosplay. Who knows what might happen. Hahah I guess it's a silly idea of mine. )

If you are going to be in the show....it would be best to either wear a costume that you have not worn on Stage before, and or is also your most well made costume. But if you have a costume that you would with to wear but have already been worn at an Anime Kon or been worn on Stage. That is quite all right.
If you have any other cosplays you have in mind or would like to wear. Then by all means wear almost what ever you'd like.

Also I am taking count of how many people want to be in this show. After I get a somewhat idea of how many people want to participate in this event. I am going to show/ask kindly of the Bord who runs Project A-kon if they will make this an REAL event just for this year.

In making this a REAL event. It will make things a lot easier. I am going to be getting a DJ/or try too. Whom will play music as you each walk down the Run Way.
(Take note the music will most likely not match/be from the anime you are cosplaying from. The music will be set for your walk pase/how you present you self in your costume/as your charter down the cat walk.)

I don't really think it is quite fair to give out prizes.
But if everyone funds for it I could get Certificates that will say you participated with your name, your cosplay name, the name of the cosplay you were going as and so forth.

What day? What Time?
For those of you wondering what day and time this event will be happening. Time I do not know yet. I'm so sorry. I will get that out to all of you as soon as a possibly can
Day- Well since www.A-kon.com does not have it's event info up yet. I can't really plan this around any known events for the benefit of all of you going to Project A-kon16.
Since the cosplay is always on the middle day of the kon.
How does either Friday or Sunday sound to everyone? (My vote is for Friday. Everyone will be excited cause it is the first day of the kon. Also the main cosplay is on Saturday. Unless I could work something out with all of you and the A-kon Staff. We could hold the Show Early Mid Saturday. Before the cosplay. What do you all think? I know Sunday would be bad cause some cosplayers might have left to go to Church.) :angel:

:juggler: Non Paying Job Offer- hahah this might sound kind of iffy when I say this- But please bare with me.
So far I am doing all of this on my own. It would be WONDERFUL if someone would be willing to help me out on this. So far I have everything under control & yes lol I do know what I am doing. OR I would not even attempt doing something like this.
More or less I am just looking for one more person to help me on this. Someone to help me give out stage directions, help the models aka cosplayers get use to the cat walk/ the music ECT. Also you will be helping me with me announcing of each model aka cosplayer.
(Other responsibilities my come up. Like working with the Dj, and A-kon Staff ECT.)
Please PM me if you are up to doing something like this? If no PM's me....or is willing to help out then please bare with me everyone. I am only one person doing this so far Hahahah. ^_^V

Thank you for reading the above. :japan:
& thank you for wanting to be apart of this new event.

I know we all are going to have a blast at this years Project A-kon16. :bigtu:
Please do take care everyone.

Cherry
01-15-2005, 12:35 PM
Sunday is a bad idea due to the fact hotel check out is usually around noon, and cosplayers are not usually up to events, if they even chose to cosplay at all.

Saturday is also an awful idea, due to the fact many will be busy preparing for the cosplay in the evening by way of skit rehersal or even getting it on around noon. Many cosplayers enter some very elaborate costumes that take a lot of time to get into, and usually put them on early as to make sure nothing will go wrong with their costumes. Cosplay line up usually is quite early before the show to allow judges time to pre-judge and allow the A-Kon cosplay team to make sure there are no mishaps. We had quite a few last year, so I assume that they will be taking extra mesures this year to insure we don't have a cat-girl-erotica, baby-killing-joke cosplay again.

Friday would be your best bet, but again, you need to make sure you do not overlap with J-Rock Cosplay. There is a reason that A-Kon schedules things the way they do. Friday morning or mid-day would be your best bet, assuming J-Rock cosplay is not then. You also do not want to schedule it Friday Evening, because I assume that is when A-Kon will be hosting a concert of some fasion.

I've been going to A-Kon for over . . God. 6 or 7 years now, so I am just trying to offer my knowledge.

Good luck with this. I'd love to participate assuming A-Kon agrees with it.

Fallen)x(Angel
01-15-2005, 12:53 PM
Well, I might want to join in, but I most likely won't get to the con until Midfriday, Friday night. And yeah, saturday is the skits and walk ons, so that would be bad too, and I leave Sunday at noon. So I may join in if I get there in time for when you scheduale it, but who knows.

Bluest Mercury
01-15-2005, 01:42 PM
Friday would be the easiest for me as well as far as timing is concerned, but hopefuly it can take place,it sounds like so much fun^^ goodluck with everything!

Anna
01-15-2005, 08:22 PM
Yeah Friday would work. I have to many things to do Saturday to do much of anything on the side.

AoKoneko
01-16-2005, 04:12 AM
OK just making sure- Mid Friday it is? (I'm still checking with the kon on this)

Fallen)x(Angel
01-16-2005, 12:42 PM
If you could, maybe between noon and 3. I can beg whatever parents is taking me to leave early friday morning because the trip is going to take me four hours.

Cherry
01-16-2005, 06:19 PM
OK just making sure- Mid Friday it is? (I'm still checking with the kon on this)

Please approve this with A-Kon. Overlapping your event with J-Rock Cosplay or a Concert or a popular panel may be something A-Kon is not willing to do. :)

kyandi-chan
01-16-2005, 09:19 PM
I'd love to be in it! Sailor Chibi-Moon would be bright and fun! ^^ Hope this works out...

ElvishBoi
01-24-2005, 07:10 PM
I want to participate but only if I have a good costume for it, and I have one in mind but if I can't get it to Akon I may not show up since I should enter something halfway decent and I don't have many. But whether or not I am allowed/elect to be involved, I wish you the best of luck. This sounds like a good idea, and from what I've heard about your credentials from others, I am sure it will turn out well.

Elda
01-25-2005, 08:03 PM
I think it woulbe uber fun!!!But I dont know if Ill have my costume done But even if I dont Ill wear what Ive got(Shoes,stockings,& dress)My dress is awsome!!! :skidude2:

Takura
01-30-2005, 02:16 AM
Too bad we cant delete our own posts... (delete this mods)

ZakuKitty
01-30-2005, 03:32 AM
Cool! If it's on Friday I should be able to pull one of mine off that is good (Hopefully). : )

inuyashachan
02-05-2005, 12:48 AM
A cosplay fashion show sounds way cool! If everything on my costume goes as planned I'd love to be in it.

I don't know if you need one or not, but I know someone who has DJ experience and would be willing to DJ this event for you. They are going to the con and would do it no problem as long as the equipment was provided.

AoKoneko
02-08-2005, 02:48 PM
OK I thought I would just let everyone the show is still on. It will be held on friendy. I still don't have a atime yet. But that is being worked out.
Cynthia has been a REAL sweet heart in helping me out with this. *hugz* I just cant thank you you enough Cynthia sweetie *hugz*
^_^. OK There wont be a stage....well, as far as I know there will not be a stage.
I'll setting up the chairs in such a way it will be like a runway.
Also if any of you have an Qusetions on how to walk/or pose. Don't worry.
I will go ver that an hour before the event. Base' you should just act like your char. And at the end of the run way do a pose at the end of the run way. One that your char your are cosplaying as in the show.
I am going to make little Paper certificates that will say you did participate in this cosplay event with your charters name and your call out number. (please do not PM me with your charters name ECT/whom you are cosplaying as.The certificates will be filled out at the event.
I know everyone will have a wonderful time. Please also enjoy the rest of the kon. Be safe & stay healthy ^.~V
AOAI

Bluest Mercury
02-08-2005, 03:50 PM
yay it sounds like so much fun,cant wait till akon^__^

AoKoneko
02-08-2005, 04:05 PM
Tehehe ya I cant wait either. Whoa the count vote is up to 20. ^_^.

Fallen)x(Angel
02-08-2005, 06:30 PM
I really want to join in, but if you have it before noon of friday, I can't. At the earliest, I will arrive at the con at around 3 on friday. I can't talk out the time with my parents, because I don't know which parent is taking me. My dad may be sent away to Colorado in the summer, and is he does my mom is taking me again [She went to Oni-con with me], but if my dad gets to stay here in Texas, my dad hads promissed to take me.

I'll try to ask each parent just to pre plan for the arrival time, but if I come like 15 minutes late or get lost around the hotel, could I still join in?

Cynthia
02-08-2005, 11:43 PM
I'd just like to note that I'm in negotiations with A-kon programming and no OFFICIAL date or time has been set (I'm trying to secure enough time for us to have dress rehearsal before the actual show so that we don't have to monopolize a hallway or something trying to get ready). Once I have a set time and date we'll start figuring out how many models we can take, etc. Please don't send any messages to me or Aokoneko before then concerning participation in the show.

Cherry
02-09-2005, 05:07 PM
I'd just like to note that I'm in negotiations with A-kon programming and no OFFICIAL date or time has been set (I'm trying to secure enough time for us to have dress rehearsal before the actual show so that we don't have to monopolize a hallway or something trying to get ready). Once I have a set time and date we'll start figuring out how many models we can take, etc. Please don't send any messages to me or Aokoneko before then concerning participation in the show.

I highly doubt you'll be given a dress rehersal. The idea of this show, while being fun, is already well executed in the main masquerade in the form of 'walk ons' for those who do not want to provide a skit.

"Models"?. . . I do hope you aren't planning on auditioning or anything like that.

Fallen)x(Angel
02-09-2005, 05:31 PM
Cherr-I-O's....you scare me at times....expecially when when you say 'models'.
O.o

This idea sounds like fun! Hope it works out!

Anna
02-10-2005, 01:44 AM
Cherr-I-O's....you scare me at times....expecially when when you say 'models'.
O.o

This idea sounds like fun! Hope it works out!
Cherry already said dhe was going to kill you if you called her that.

ElvishBoi
02-10-2005, 02:00 PM
I only speak for myself here, and this is mostly conjecture, but I think they just meant models.. as in, the people who are going to be featured in the show.
For example, @ Otakon, when you go to have your picture professionally done (in your costume of course) by the people who run the photography room thingy, they make you fill out a paper that says stuff like.. name... how many photos being taken.. model's name, etc.
I don't think they call it that because you're actually a pro-model, it's just that anytime someone wears something and is having pictures taken to demo that outfit or costume, they are usually referred to as a model.
That's what impression I am under, although I could be wrong..
Anyway, that is just to take some worries off anyone's mind if they are in doubt- if I am wrong I'm sure Cynthia/Aokoneko will correct me... :)

Cynthia
02-10-2005, 02:28 PM
Models was meant in the sense that Elvishboi said. All the models will indeed be cosplayers.

AoKoneko
02-10-2005, 06:20 PM
Aww but ""Cherr-I-O's"" sounds just sooo kewt XD. I love it
(In my op cosplayers are just the same as Runway/high fashion models. You may not notice it. But in doing cosplay and dressing up as a char from a certain anime,manga, Jrock band,Jpop,band ECT. You are advertising that anime to others. When others at the kons see you cosplaying from that certain anime,manga, Jrock band,Jpop,band ECT they want to know what it is from who you are. Only being a cosplayer you are not being paid. There ARE VERY FEW whom do get paid. Which is not right.
You are like a doll in a costume like a model is. A model is like a dress up doll there to advertise a certain product.
This is not a bad thing. ^_^V
But I feel if you the cosplayer goes through all this trouble to make an costume. You should be able to show it off as much as you can. It is only fair. After unlike a model you are not being paid. You are doing this out of pure love of what you like to do in life.)<this is just my point of few.
AOAI

Cherry
02-10-2005, 07:17 PM
I've heard cosplayers referred to as models before, though I'm not familiar with how other people use the term.

I really do adore this idea, but I also know how much stress the A-Kon staff already goes through. Their own cosplay is already dysfunctional enough without adding another event, and that is what I really worry about most of all. If a runway show would be with setting up when the forum for strutting your costume on stage is already done ( and executed quite well ) in the form of walk-ons on the masquerade.

It's just something to take into concideration. I'd be nice to have more events involving cosplay, though, as aside from friends is my favorite aspect of the convention, as I'm sure many of you can agree. xD

BTW. AoKoneko. I will end you for that.

Cynthia
02-10-2005, 08:48 PM
I've never really cared for any cosplay competition (I've been apart of so many bad ones that unless it's for a group, or a friend, I don't participate). I just thought it would be a good idea considering that they had an EGL/EGA fashion show last year and that this would be for EVERYONE (I say cosplay, but I consider EGL/EGA cosplay too) and it isn't about competition, etc.

Cherry
02-11-2005, 11:32 AM
I've never really cared for any cosplay competition (I've been apart of so many bad ones that unless it's for a group, or a friend, I don't participate). I just thought it would be a good idea considering that they had an EGL/EGA fashion show last year and that this would be for EVERYONE (I say cosplay, but I consider EGL/EGA cosplay too) and it isn't about competition, etc.

The cosplay competition is really only about the competition if you make it that way, if you think about it.

It would be nice to have this event. Definatly not knocking that.^^ But, like I said. Just may be a little too much. If it happens that's awesome, and believe me, I will participate. I just don't want anyone to feel let down if the staff says no. Betwee Main Cosplay, Hall Cosplay, J-Rock Cosplay, EGL Fashion show (If that happens again); there just may not be time to schedule this in. Maybe! If it does, go team.

Fallen)x(Angel
02-11-2005, 05:12 PM
The cosplay competition is really only about the competition if you make it that way, if you think about it.

It would be nice to have this event. Definatly not knocking that.^^ But, like I said. Just may be a little too much. If it happens that's awesome, and believe me, I will participate. I just don't want anyone to feel let down if the staff says no. Betwee Main Cosplay, Hall Cosplay, J-Rock Cosplay, EGL Fashion show (If that happens again); there just may not be time to schedule this in. Maybe! If it does, go team.

Sorry, but Cherr-i-o's is a cute nick-nickname. XD Please hurt me for this. I;m 12! I still have alot to live for!!!

Anna
02-12-2005, 12:22 AM
Sorry, but Cherr-i-o's is a cute nick-nickname. XD Please hurt me for this. I;m 12! I still have alot to live for!!!
If you want to call Cherry a nickname why not just call her Candy , or Candice?

Cherry
02-12-2005, 12:45 AM
If you want to call Cherry a nickname why not just call her Candy , or Candice?

Because as human beings we feel the need to familiarize ourselves with others by creating a witty nick name that only WE use. xD

I don't mind the nick name so much, actually. ::Chuckle::

ElvishBoi
02-12-2005, 04:10 PM
Because as human beings we feel the need to familiarize ourselves with others by creating a witty nick name that only WE use. xD

Hahahah! That's so cool. I have to say that by no means are you obligated to put up with a name you don't like if you are sensitive to it, but by the fact that you are playing along and taking it in stride is a very admirable thing. I know some people can be less mature about being called names, which if it bothers em is understandable.. I think it is cool you have a good sense of humor though, and I know this is totally irrelevant to the thread but I wanted to point this out cuz I think others prolly agree with me on this one.

And incidentally, I think the nickname is kind of cute myself :) hehe!

Back to thread stuff.. umm.. Yeah.. good luck to you all on this- wow... with all the events going on, it's gonna be a BUSY con @_@

Fallen)x(Angel
02-12-2005, 09:16 PM

Mesa has a question related to A-kon!

If I were to sign up for the masqurade, yet my song was like 45 seconds over the time limit, do you think they would let my duet slide? Or would I be forced to find another act to do?

Help me Oh, Cheer-i-O's! (You're my only hope? :eeek: )

Gren
02-14-2005, 01:18 PM
Mesa has a question related to A-kon!

If I were to sign up for the masqurade, yet my song was like 45 seconds over the time limit, do you think they would let my duet slide? Or would I be forced to find another act to do?

Help me Oh, Cheer-i-O's! (You're my only hope? :eeek: )

Regarding songs in skits, lengthy periods spent singing are usually not well received by the audience. Con audio tends to be not the most fantastic, and the microphones often restrict how much you can move and dance on stage (something that the audience tnds to find interesting. Certainly more so than when people just stand there and sing) I would HIGHLY recommend actually cutting the song down to just your favorite parts.

I know that there are freeware/shareware sound editing programs that you can use to edit sound files, so you can chop up the sound file as you see fit. I don't know the program names (as I have a purchased copy of Sound Forge that keeps me happy) but it souldn't take too much looking to find a nice one.

If you do really want to keep the whole thing, you can try contacting the A-kon masque people, and ask if they'll make an exception, but if you do decide to do the whole song, please include a dance or some such, and be prepared in case the audio system isn't up to making your voice sound as lovely as it should. I don't want to sound like I'm being all discouraging. I just want your performance to be as well received as it can be. : D

Fallen)x(Angel
02-14-2005, 02:32 PM
Mah hah! Taking over Cherry's computer while she is off talking to the significant other (ahh, Valentine's).

Regarding songs in skits, lengthy periods spent singing are usually not well received by the audience. Con audio tends to be not the most fantastic, and the microphones often restrict how much you can move and dance on stage (something that the audience tnds to find interesting. Certainly more so than when people just stand there and sing) I would HIGHLY recommend actually cutting the song down to just your favorite parts.

I know that there are freeware/shareware sound editing programs that you can use to edit sound files, so you can chop up the sound file as you see fit. I don't know the program names (as I have a purchased copy of Sound Forge that keeps me happy) but it souldn't take too much looking to find a nice one.

If you do really want to keep the whole thing, you can try contacting the A-kon masque people, and ask if they'll make an exception, but if you do decide to do the whole song, please include a dance or some such, and be prepared in case the audio system isn't up to making your voice sound as lovely as it should. I don't want to sound like I'm being all discouraging. I just want your performance to be as well received as it can be. : D

Well, I asked the same thing on the A-kon boards, and they basically told me to cut it down to about 2 minutes. Well, heh....1000 Words (SHHH!!) is kind of HARD to edit by a minute and 59 seconds, so I just tried to cut it down to 3 minutes, and its still hard.

If you've seen thew FMV for 1000 Words, Yuna and Lenne both do what I call "hand motions" (Wow...scientifical...) to the song. We plan to preform those while we sing, so would that count as a dance?

Well, I have another idea incase none of this works out.

Gren
02-15-2005, 10:12 PM
Nope. I've made every effort to avoid X-2 like I avoid a raging case of leprocy. But if the dance involves hand motions with little to no movement of the feet, that is termed Para dancing. There was a para group at akon 2(?) years ago, who performed at cosplay half time. They were very good, with crisp, well synchronized motions, and still they were received with... mixed levels of aproval...

Cherry
02-16-2005, 01:27 AM
Well, I asked the same thing on the A-kon boards, and they basically told me to cut it down to about 2 minutes. Well, heh....1000 Words (SHHH!!) is kind of HARD to edit by a minute and 59 seconds, so I just tried to cut it down to 3 minutes, and its still hard.

If you've seen thew FMV for 1000 Words, Yuna and Lenne both do what I call "hand motions" (Wow...scientifical...) to the song. We plan to preform those while we sing, so would that count as a dance?

Well, I have another idea incase none of this works out.

Honestly, I would avoid singing skits over one minute long all together. Even if that is the full song, please do the audience a favor and cut it. Even fantastic singers are reguarded poorly usually, just because songs wear on, leaving the audience just sitting there. At first, sure, there is usually clapping, or a swaying of hands, but that grows tiring after a minute.

Please try to cut it down, or cut the song entirely. A cut down song leaves the audience with a breif taste of it, they know your skill, and probably will end up appreciating the skit much nicer. It also allows you to focus less on lyrics, and more on working on your choreography.

Fallen)x(Angel
02-16-2005, 05:06 PM
Well that puts a sock in it.

Well, can we sing the full song for kareoke then? And do somethong else for the skits?

AoKoneko
02-17-2005, 12:03 PM
OK I don't like leaving people "left in the air"" on things- so heres an update.
Iv written an REAL letter. (not Email but sent an letter in the mail hahah) about this. As far as I know from talking with them about this threw Emails. This Show is giong to be all right. Just working out a time slot.
& we might not have a DJ. So if we don't I'll put together some walk music. Please bare with me on this. (If you have any songs you would like added to the track list please let me know. I'll add the song you requested to the CD, & if you would like I'll play the song while you are on stage.)
AOAI

Fallen)x(Angel
02-17-2005, 09:21 PM
OK I don't like leaving people "left in the air"" on things- so heres an update.
Iv written an REAL letter. (not Email but sent an letter in the mail hahah) about this. As far as I know from talking with them about this threw Emails. This Show is giong to be all right. Just working out a time slot.
& we might not have a DJ. So if we don't I'll put together some walk music. Please bare with me on this. (If you have any songs you would like added to the track list please let me know. I'll add the song you requested to the CD, & if you would like I'll play the song while you are on stage.)
AOAI

I'm thinking of joining in this as my Plugsuit, so do you think I could get a 30 second verse from Cruel Angel Thesis (Main theme for EVA) to play while I'm on stage? If I do not manage to get the costume done, I'll be in my Songstress for this.

Hope it works out!

Space Invader
02-17-2005, 10:20 PM
Would it have to be reproduction costumes or would original stuff be allowed as well? (Cherry and Gren know what I'm talking about) XD

AoKoneko
02-17-2005, 11:24 PM
FallenAngel- That would look so kewl ^_^. I have a remix of the Cruel Angel Thesis opening theam from NGE. Would you rather that?
the music needs to all have an fast up pase beat for the walking. & the NGE song I have could work very well with this.

SpaceInvader-Hehe ya I know what you are talking about. And any all/any style Cosplays are quite all right for the show. (As long as it's alright with the kon)

Tenya Muyo
02-18-2005, 12:41 AM
That's awsome that they're going to actually let you do this!! If it goes through, you can definetly count me in! ^_^ Did you say "in character" by any chance?? Oh, ho, ho...........you just bought yourself a lot a trouble me dear.......
hehehe >:]

ZakuKitty
02-18-2005, 02:09 AM
In character won't be a problem with the costume I plan to do. He doesn't even say anything in the video game! *is not mentioning video game just yet* I could walk aroudn and pose and it would be in character. :p

Fallen)x(Angel
02-18-2005, 04:58 PM
Yeah, I'm okay with it. It also saves me the trouble of having to find it and edit it. Thanks!

Cynthia
02-22-2005, 01:29 AM
I regret to inform parties present that I will not be attending A-kon. I have already put much time and effort into plans I've made for this convention, only to have the fruits of my labor thrown in my face--repetatively. *insert fruit salad face here* I'm considering attending AnimeNext (at the invitation of DJRanmaS), but at this time all things are uncertain.

ElvishBoi
02-23-2005, 12:40 PM
I regret to inform parties present that I will not be attending A-kon. I have already put much time and effort into plans I've made for this convention, only to have the fruits of my labor thrown in my face--repetatively. *insert fruit salad face here* I'm considering attending AnimeNext (at the invitation of DJRanmaS), but at this time all things are uncertain.

I'm sorry you won't be able to make it,you seem like a cool person so I am sure you will be missed, whether or not the fashion show is able to happen *for the sake of those interested, I am hoping it does...*
Anyway, good luck on the cons you are going to, and take care :)

kirineko
02-24-2005, 09:48 PM
A brief Rundown on A-kon scheduling :D

Friday:
3pm Jpop/Jrock cosplay
7pm Opening Ceremonies
Typically followed by a concert, during which everything shuts down.

Saturday is indeed taken up by the main cosplay, which usually concludes around 9/10pm.

At 9pm, the Jpop room will be hosting a Masquerade Ball (which I thought would be a more fun alternative to last year's fashion show :D), and at 10pm, the main A-kon dance starts.

If we can't fit you in for the fashion show this year, you might consider setting up something for next year. :/ I know it's not what you want to hear, but unfortunately, most everything is set in place already.

Looks like I should get off my duff and announce the Jpop events. :D

Fallen)x(Angel
02-24-2005, 09:55 PM
Swithing costumes! [Whee, what fun.] Sicne my mom is being mean, she's restricted me from spending 150 dollars on my plugsuit, so I'm sad to say it may not be finished in time. But if it isn't, I'll be in this in my Phantom Theif Siren costume from Full Metal Alchemist, if that's finished in time, Dizzy from Guilty Gear X if THAT'S finished in time, or Songstress Yuna just in case I don't finish any of these.

Cynthia
02-25-2005, 01:16 PM
A brief Rundown on A-kon scheduling :D

Friday:
3pm Jpop/Jrock cosplay
7pm Opening Ceremonies
Typically followed by a concert, during which everything shuts down.

Saturday is indeed taken up by the main cosplay, which usually concludes around 9/10pm.

At 9pm, the Jpop room will be hosting a Masquerade Ball (which I thought would be a more fun alternative to last year's fashion show :D), and at 10pm, the main A-kon dance starts.

If we can't fit you in for the fashion show this year, you might consider setting up something for next year. :/ I know it's not what you want to hear, but unfortunately, most everything is set in place already.

Looks like I should get off my duff and announce the Jpop events. :D

I've already been told by the Programming Director that it's a no go. I'm not happy about it, but me being grumpy isn't going to solve anything.

I've resolved to attend Animenext instead because my friend DJRanmaS said that they (the con) would be willing to work with me to put a panel together that's more towards my interests. I've been working steadily with Cosplus and I hope to provide programming that will appeal more to that demographic of cosplayers. As opposed to participating in the general programming that you can find at most conventions.

I loved the idea of the fashion show (as I loved the EGL/EGA Fashion Show last year). And I enjoy the majority of the original programs the con provides, but with how things have gone (no just this, but other issues). I can't go to the convention considering it'll just remind me of the bad experiences I'm having here and now.

Cynthia
02-25-2005, 01:24 PM
I'm sorry you won't be able to make it,you seem like a cool person so I am sure you will be missed, whether or not the fashion show is able to happen *for the sake of those interested, I am hoping it does...*
Anyway, good luck on the cons you are going to, and take care :)

Thanks. I caught you running around Katsu once or twice, but was uncertain if that was indeed you or not. *siggy states so*

As far as I know at this time, the fashion show isn't going to occur. I've spoken to the Programming Director about this and was told that the cosplay & hall cosplay are enough programming for cosplayers and that they aren't interested at this time.

Oh....and, Me? A cool person? When did that happen?

Cherry
02-26-2005, 08:38 PM
Just to tell you, Cynthia. The programming director is really an active member in the con community (and the cosplayer community, with her daughter) , and I'm sure she didn't mean the rejection as "throwing it in your face". Personally as a cosplay director I can see where she was coming from. Just too much stuff already set in place with the con too close already.

I'm really sorry that it didn't end up working out, but maybe next year we can all attend your event! Or maybe if you host it at another convention in Texas. I'm sure all of us will attend!

AoKoneko
02-27-2005, 01:08 AM
To everyone-
I have a feeling this may not work out. ^_^ But I still wont give up. I already had planed o doing a Fashion Show event like this after the kon. I just though it would be nice to make this another event.
Just so everyone knows though. Even though the show may not be happening at A-kon16 this year. It will still be going on at the DMA in down town Dallas. For those of you whom you like to join in please let me know.
I'm sorry about this everyone. It would have been really fun. I'll think of something though. ^.~ I am sure I can find some place for this to still go on. We just wont call this an A-kon event. ;P
Cynthia- that's really upsetting. I'm sorry you wont be able to make it. I was so jazzed about meeting you. ^_^. Someday though. *hugz*