PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going?

Azn Cipher
01-02-2005, 02:11 PM
hey! anyone going in a group and wanna meet up? i wanna go this year but i don't wanna go alone.. my friends don't wanna spend 20 dollars to go to the con with me, because they don't really like anime.. :eeek:

bigwil
01-02-2005, 08:03 PM
I hang with ya.... :bigtu:

emielli
01-03-2005, 01:43 PM
I`m going to be there so maybe i`ll see you around. I`m lucky enough that I know at least one of my friends that's going and we're going to camp together. I can't wait either!

Azn Cipher
01-03-2005, 01:50 PM
cool i'll look for you guys

AgentOS
01-04-2005, 12:15 AM
I actually live in Richmond and it was my first con last year. I really want to meet more people this year. For my claim to fame, I was Kawada in the Battle Royale skit last year at AMA4. I plan to be takashi ryosuke from initial d this year. I am going to get an enlarged rx7 *yellow* car picture and mount it and carry it around along with an outfit from an episode so I hope it turns out well. If anyone wants to meet up and hang out with my friends and I this year just let me know or drop me an email. My email is on my website or you can IM me.

Reiko
01-04-2005, 09:39 PM
the Agents of cosplay are going. ^_^

Fantasy Chick
01-04-2005, 09:47 PM
I will be going to AMA this year as well as some of my friends

Dual Weilder
01-04-2005, 10:09 PM
I plan to be there!

LOVEppears
01-09-2005, 06:26 PM
Oh oh! I'm going! My anime club is going with. >_>;; Haha. Don't know who I'm going to be yet...but I'm going! XDD

Giant Alucard
01-10-2005, 07:31 AM
I'll hopefully be there. I had a blast last year so i have to go again.

echocharlie
01-10-2005, 10:39 AM
hey! anyone going in a group and wanna meet up? i wanna go this year but i don't wanna go alone.. my friends don't wanna spend 20 dollars to go to the con with me, because they don't really like anime.. :eeek:

I would have like to go this year, but AnimeNEXT is the same weekend and is closer to me.

Tenshinoitami1
01-10-2005, 05:46 PM
I shall so be there!! Looking forward to it ^^

ravenmist
01-11-2005, 09:17 PM
We may go. Depends on how things look. We only live in Va Beach, so it's not that far at all. Just need to get directions and we'll be all set! =)

AgentOS
01-11-2005, 10:04 PM
We may go. Depends on how things look. We only live in Va Beach, so it's not that far at all. Just need to get directions and we'll be all set! =)

I am not the best with highways but I can tell you the easiest way to do it. Get on 64 west toward richmond and once you get though most of richmond you will get to 288 exit. Take 288 south to the robious/ hugenot trail exit then take a left at the stoplight. This road will then take you to hugenot where you will continue straight exactly 3 stoplights. 3rd stoplight take a right ontop johnston willis rd and that will wrap around right ot the hotel!

I only know this since I live 10 min away from the hotel. The other way would be to take powhite parkway off downtown expressway in richmond and then go to route 60 and head right. When you are on 60 you will go 6 stoplights and take a right at the 6th stoplight and the hotel is right there.

BondageFlute
01-20-2005, 01:13 AM

Hey!! -wonders if you remember her- ..

I know how ya feel about going alone. ^^ .. Well, I'm going with a few friends and we'd definitely welcome you if you wanna hang out.

dollssoulkirie
01-20-2005, 09:51 PM

Giant Alucard & I are from Hampton Roads.. I currently live in Suffolk, while he's Chesapeake... if you like, depending on when you're leaving for the convention, you could follow us to the con. Though, I highly doubt that I'll be playing navigator like last year. ; ; I like playing navigator.

dizzylizzy
01-20-2005, 10:09 PM
As Reiko mentioned, the "agents" are going. lol Our con year would be sad and lonely if we didn't go to AMA. ::giggles:: Agent con.

I've already pre-regged so I'm set. I just have to reserve the rooms for everyone.

Reiko
01-21-2005, 05:56 AM
As Reiko mentioned, the "agents" are going. lol Our con year would be sad and lonely if we didn't go to AMA. ::giggles:: Agent con.

I've already pre-regged so I'm set. I just have to reserve the rooms for everyone.

hell yeah! Agent con!

AgentOS
01-21-2005, 12:11 PM
hell yeah! Agent con!

My user name is an Agent haha. Anyway I am not familar with the "Agents" group but I am looking forward to seeing yall there.

Ganesh
01-21-2005, 01:21 PM
I'm going to be there with a few people!

This is a great con to meet new people and hang out...

Reiko
01-26-2005, 03:45 PM
My user name is an Agent haha. Anyway I am not familar with the "Agents" group but I am looking forward to seeing yall there.

did you go last year?

the agents won (from the cosplay) I think thisi s right. Inuyasha group (hall costume contest first place, Fruit basket *fruit salad* Skit honorable metion.

Best Novice Craftmanship at AMA Masquerade and two other awards by two other agents for there costumes and the anime music video awards for comic and drama I believe. (thanks to dizzy lizzy for making them)

the year before that is when the Agents of cosplay started and met eachother.

www.agentsofcosplay.com ^_^ thats our site!

streetz8921
01-30-2005, 01:30 AM
I get my drivers liscence Jun. 27, so I wont drive, that sucks

ravenmist
01-30-2005, 08:59 AM
I am not the best with highways but I can tell you the easiest way to do it. Get on 64 west toward richmond and once you get though most of richmond you will get to 288 exit. Take 288 south to the robious/ hugenot trail exit then take a left at the stoplight. This road will then take you to hugenot where you will continue straight exactly 3 stoplights. 3rd stoplight take a right ontop johnston willis rd and that will wrap around right ot the hotel!

I only know this since I live 10 min away from the hotel. The other way would be to take powhite parkway off downtown expressway in richmond and then go to route 60 and head right. When you are on 60 you will go 6 stoplights and take a right at the 6th stoplight and the hotel is right there.

Sorry it took so long to reply.
Thanks a lot for the directions! Looks like we're all set.
My Assistant Manager used to volunteer at AMA and Katsucon a couple years ago. He loved it. He told me AMA is a bit smaller then the other cons, but it's a peaceful atmosphere and not too crazy like the bigger cons.
I can't wait! Since we are unable to go to Katsucon and this one is next on the list...looks like we'll be going to AMA next!
Thanks a lot. Hopefully we'll see you all there.

Version-1
02-12-2005, 09:26 PM
since a good friend of mine lives in Richmond i'll definitely be at this con w/ my runnin' crew. i'm gonna start working on my miroku outfit so i'll be ready for the con... others in my group will probly be trunks, vegeta, and possibly others :bigtu:

ravenmist
02-14-2005, 09:32 PM
Giant Alucard & I are from Hampton Roads.. I currently live in Suffolk, while he's Chesapeake... if you like, depending on when you're leaving for the convention, you could follow us to the con. Though, I highly doubt that I'll be playing navigator like last year. ; ; I like playing navigator.

Oi. I take forever to reply to posts.
Thanks for the offer! I have directions now, but if worse comes to worse I'll PM ya and let you know what's going on. Who knows if I'll be able to go now. I may be making Assistant Manager at my store and it'll be difficult to take random weekends off. I'll try my hardest though!!
Thanks!

Koneko no Arash
02-19-2005, 06:35 PM
I'm going and I'll have a table in the Artist's Alley ^^ I'm tenatively going as a Mithra White Mage in full AF from FFXI :3

AgentOS
02-20-2005, 11:47 PM
did you go last year?

the agents won (from the cosplay) I think thisi s right. Inuyasha group (hall costume contest first place, Fruit basket *fruit salad* Skit honorable metion.

Best Novice Craftmanship at AMA Masquerade and two other awards by two other agents for there costumes and the anime music video awards for comic and drama I believe. (thanks to dizzy lizzy for making them)

the year before that is when the Agents of cosplay started and met eachother.

www.agentsofcosplay.com ^_^ thats our site!

Oh ok yeah I definitely remember the fruits basket skit since I did a battle royale one. That was by far the most people I have ever seen in a skit. It was my first con so I really didn't pick up names but I do remember yall performing a cool skit. Now I am defintely looking forward to seeing yall there!

PS. Just checked out the site, cool group photos!

D2RCR
02-22-2005, 11:47 PM
I plan to go. Hopefully they'll have an IIDX tournament. :D

ravenmist
02-28-2005, 09:35 AM
Arg. There's a good chance I'll be moving in June now. Our lease here is up in June and, unless my hubby transfers to the Army, he'll be getting out of the Navy soon. So I'll be moving to FL and staying with family so we can save up a bit before he gets out. =(
We'll see what happens. But so far it's looking pretty definite.
I think there are only two different cons in Orlando and there are sooo many here in VA alone. =(
I'll keep ya posted.

Malaki
03-15-2005, 11:42 AM
I'll definitly be going, I also went last year. Just look for an Itachi cosplayer with a bunch of other Naruto osplayers.