PDA

View Full Version : AWA, anyone?

Pages : [1] 2

Kimurei
01-02-2005, 10:23 PM
This will be my second year attending AWA. Last year was a bust since my group ditched me halfway through the day. X_x;

Any Atlantan cosplayers going to AWA? Who are you Cosplaying as?

Im thinking Vash the Stampede...but not sure ^^;

Kate-chan
01-03-2005, 08:09 AM
Since I live in Kennesaw, which is very close to the hotel and galleria center, I'm trying to convince my parents to take me there, and it just might work out.^.^
Okay, so the cosplay:
9/23:Rin(Inu Yasha)
9/24:Princess Kaguya,(Inu Yasha the movie 2)
9/25:Ichigo Momomiya, wedding dress(Tokyo Mew Mew)
I'm not very sure which one I to do for the costume contest (though it could be Rin).

TechieCL
01-03-2005, 07:59 PM
Ton of people here are going for sure (me included), just...little early for planning for a lot of us.

Flowery
01-03-2005, 08:43 PM

scandia
01-04-2005, 09:29 AM
I WILL go to AWA this year. This is the con I would not miss for ANYTHING in the whole world. As soon as I get a full-time job, I WILL ask for that weekend off again. Though I will have more money to stay at the main hotel, it is still highly tempting to stay at the little cheap hotel 5 minutes away that has free breakfast. I know for sure whom I'm cosplaying. Sure sure, many things can change from today till late September. Hence I'm skittish about buying tix or making reservations so early.

Lucifer
01-04-2005, 11:09 AM
I'll likely go if I don't go to Dragon*con. As for costumes, likely I'd just wear the best stuff from over the year.

Tia
01-04-2005, 11:14 AM
I'm not really sure if I'm going or not. It's looking like (at the moment) that it will have to be a choice between AWA and Dragon*Con, and it's a pretty obvious choice for me. I have to take Intro to Quantum in the fall, so I can't miss many days. I've pared back on my cosplay this semester, also, because I have some difficult classes.

CozmicRio
01-07-2005, 08:11 PM
Im going! this will be my 4th year attending ^^ Last year i didnt like too much but i think it was because of all my group drama x.x; I havent been to any other conventions so i love this one for what it has.

April

Kaicyios
01-21-2005, 12:34 AM
I will be attending AWA once again this year. This is the convention that I seem to have the most stories to tell about. As for what I'll be cosplaying, I have no idea yet...anything but cardboard...that stuff gets hot.

Neko_Kaolla
01-24-2005, 04:35 PM
2005 might be my first AWA because I am transfering to a local school in Florida. My boyfriend wants to take me.

I will wear Verona to that, but that is all I know as of yet. =^_^=

AshleyV
01-24-2005, 04:43 PM
I will be at AWA this year. I had such a blast last year that I must go back this year. I will also be at DragonCon as well.

mocha
01-25-2005, 12:13 PM
I plan on going to AWA. Not sure who I'm going to cosplay though. I thought about going for Black Rose from .Hack :love: , which is definitely going to take a LOT of patience, but I'm still giving it a shot. Never been to a con before so it should be interesting! :thumbsup:

reannaremick
01-25-2005, 12:26 PM
This will be my first AWA. I've been going to Dragon Con for 10 straight years and I was always just burnt out when AWA popped up because Dragon Con was usually a few weeks prior, and I was still exhausted. Still now that I have a group of local cosplay folks to hang out with, I will be at AWA. Not sure what I'm cosplaying yet, probably anything that didn't make the Dragon Con schedule, hehe.

isamu85
01-25-2005, 01:03 PM
I'm going this year too! Last year was a lot of fun since I met a lot of fun people. Don't really have an idea on who to cosplay though beside RH Daishi from PLC. I might do a Utena character and Loz from FF7AC too!

malinn
02-02-2005, 01:17 PM
I'm going to AWA! I'm waiting on the con rates to be posted before reserving a room though.. Not sure who I'm going to cosplay as.. I know I'm bringing Pimp Seifer and Muraki... If I get one of my Dir en Grey costumes finished, I'll bring that as well... Also going to be Draco Malfoy for awhile at the con.

CozmicRio
02-02-2005, 03:51 PM
Ooo which Diru costume? Last year there wasnt many Jrock cosplays and almost no one knew who i was >.<

Demon_Slayer69
02-02-2005, 10:20 PM
im going to AWA!!! this will be my second time going it was sooo much fun last year and since im only 30min away its very easy to get to (sometimes depends on traffic) i will be cosplaying as tohru honda from fruits basket!!!!

malinn
02-03-2005, 01:12 PM
Most likely Myaku Toshiya. I'm not starting it till June.. so hopefully it will be done.. I'm going to hand sew all the ribbons on during my two week family road trip/vacation..

Nikostratos
03-03-2005, 10:16 PM
oooo more locals that are not on our forums...
We have an entire group of dedicated GA cosplayers and ppl close to GA that make up the Peach State Cosplay Society, stop by and take a look :)
http://forums.cosplay.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95

more on topic, for AWA im looking to get a Sakura Tasien [Sakura Wars] group together. im going to be re-making my outfit for it and we have a thread on the PSCS board to the end of recruiting members for it now, take a look if your intrested!

Toastersix
03-05-2005, 01:34 PM
I'll be there for my 3rd year now. :D Last year I was Original Sailor Moon, Princess Serenity, and Tsukino Usagi. This year I'll be Original Sailor Moon v2.0, Eternal Sailor Moon, Suzaku no Miko Miaka, and Talim from Soul Calibur II. ^___^

robo_berserker
03-05-2005, 04:03 PM
I ought to be at AWA this year. If all goes to plan, I'll be cosplaying in a Mortal Kombat group as Scorpion and in a Street Fighter group as Ibuki (Ninja-ing it up!). I doubt I'd have time for a third costume, but I've been dying to make one of one of the ghost brothers from Naruto, but we'll see. I'm also hoping to run a game of D&D: Oriental Adventures (so if you're a role player, or just interested in it, lemme know :D).

About the Mortal Kombat group, I think we still need a Rain, Smoke, and Ermac- incase any of you guys are interested.

Jennica
03-07-2005, 09:06 AM
This year will be my second year.. last year was kinda strange with all the people I went with -_-;;

Nikostratos
03-11-2005, 05:01 PM
We still need an Orihime for our Sakura Taisen group...
We are one member off from a full cast!
heh Any volenteers :)

Evali
03-11-2005, 05:56 PM
Definitely going. This will be either my eighth or ninth year going to AWA. It is my favorite convention!

Someone said Street Fighter, is there a planned Street Fighter get together?

scandia
03-12-2005, 11:40 AM
Wow your 8th or 9th year? It will only be my 5th. And I have been going to AWA since the very first year I started going to cons, which would be 2001. AWA is my absolute favorite convention that I attend every year. I always have the most fun and experience the most stuff in it. Hopefully this year there will be no hurricanes.

livvylove
03-12-2005, 12:32 PM
I'm going to AWA. I plan on dressing up as Ranma-female type. I am trying to get together a Ranma 1/2 group(check out the AWA boards or the PSCS board on here). Also I am hoping I can do Yura of the Hair and Sailor Mars.

Drackt
03-12-2005, 05:04 PM
Well, I might be going even though I have to raise the money myself and find some trustworthy girls to room with...(Please PM me about this)

But my guy would be there, so I'd prolly do this-
Fri-Dracula (Van Helsing) in the daytime, Ballgown Anna (Van Helsing) for the ball
Sat-Moriarity (LXG)-Scary in the daytime, Bishônen in the evening
Sun-No clue if I should do my kimono or EGL...

Nikostratos
03-14-2005, 12:28 AM
heh, if your having problems like that this far in advance drackt, your best bet is going to be to go ahead and join up with the Peach State Cosplay Society...
we car pool, share rooms, meet up about once every month or so for photoshoots or to randomly invade public areas such as malls, ren fairs, or otherwise unsuspecting mundane areas in full cosplay, that whole deal.

Although if you want a room with all girls, cant really help you there...
This far in advance, you would have time to get to know us and more importantly,
you would have enough time to get on our members roster so you can 'Actually' room with us rather than trying to find cosplayers from Cosplay.com to room with, when we have at least 95% of them already...

Drackt
03-14-2005, 09:04 AM
heh, if your having problems like that this far in advance drackt, your best bet is going to be to go ahead and join up with the Peach State Cosplay Society...
we car pool, share rooms, meet up about once every month or so for photoshoots or to randomly invade public areas such as malls, ren fairs, or otherwise unsuspecting mundane areas in full cosplay, that whole deal.

Although if you want a room with all girls, cant really help you there...
This far in advance, you would have time to get to know us and more importantly,
you would have enough time to get on our members roster so you can 'Actually' room with us rather than trying to find cosplayers from Cosplay.com to room with, when we have at least 95% of them already...

Thanks for the advice...except I live in IL.

hentaigirl82
03-15-2005, 03:46 PM
Im goin to AWA i went last year and did the night shift nurses, not too sure what im goin to do this year i know i wanna do la blue girl. Its goin to be so much fun

Jay-san80
03-26-2005, 01:34 PM
Im goin to AWA i went last year and did the night shift nurses, not too sure what im goin to do this year i know i wanna do la blue girl. Its goin to be so much fun

Oh! I think I saw you there! I was Sasuke last year! I'll be going back as well! Not sure what I wanna cosplay as yet!

hyperperson
04-12-2005, 05:19 PM
I'll be going too!! ^_^ This will be my 3rd year at AWA. Last year I went as Shuichi on Fri and Sat. and on Sun. I went as an original freya (dark chi). I was the really hyper one who kept glomping anyone and everyone in sight!! ^_^ I haven't yet decided just who to cosplay this year, but im workin on it!!

FairyDust
04-12-2005, 06:56 PM
Yeah, that was suckage...I still can't believe we all drove thru Jeanne to get home. But we all had to be at work the next day so we couldn't stay in Georgia longer.

Hopefully this year there will be no hurricanes.

livvylove
04-13-2005, 06:54 PM
Went last year and am going again this year. Last year I didn't cosplay but this year I have 2 cosplays for sure that I am doing and 1 that I might do.

Yukari Kiss
04-14-2005, 09:58 PM
Well, I thought I posted here, but I guess something went wrong? *lol*

This will be my 6th AWA!!! I am very excited about it, because this year I am with the Fighting Dreamers cosplay group, and I have another really fun cosplay I'm doing with my best friend! ^_^ I also have a lot of other plans for AWA, so yeah, I will definetly be there!! ::thumbs up::

guineapiglady
04-15-2005, 11:57 AM
I'll be at AWA this year. It's my first time going. I know I'll be cosplaying as Kikyo one day and I fully plan to also have finished my costume of Midori from Midori no Hibi. There are a couple others I'd like to get done by then, but I'm just going to have to wait and see if they'll be feasible.

hyperperson
04-16-2005, 06:43 PM
I've recently decided that I'll be going as Sakura from Sakura Taisen 2. The battle uniform is the outfit of choice! ^_^ That will only be one of my costumes though. I'm also planning to do either Kaoru Kamiya or Tomoe Yukishiro from Rurouni Kenshin. Only time will tell. *cackle*

scandia
04-17-2005, 05:20 AM
Wow, Sakura's battle uniform. I had bought the materials to make Kouran's....but then fell in love with Oscar and decided that hers would be the military uniforms to make. Do Kaoru, cause I don't like Tomoe cause she's too submissive and docile and soft. Kaoru kicks arse on the other hand and wears the pants in the family, hehe. Plus she's more HYPER!

Regarding my costumes, I only know for certain that I will bring one of my two Oscar uniforms. I like blue better than red, but the red Colonel one is fancier than the blue Commandant one. I'll likely wear Zelda again, because it gets me a lot of attention. For the ball I'll just rewear one of my older big poofy dress style costumes.

hyperperson
04-17-2005, 12:46 PM
yeah, kaoru would be my first choice. my friends say that im exactly like her anyways. i had thought about doing tomoe because my friend who wanted to go as kenshin was thinking of doing samurai x batousai instead and we had wanted to coordinate. but i finally convinced my friend to do regular kenshin instead. so kaoru it is! ^_^ this will be my 2nd kaoru costume so im gonna do my best to make it even better than the 1st!

RobTheStampede
04-17-2005, 01:29 PM
I will be at AWA this year hopefully there will be no drama like last year ^_^

Ciarathallya
04-17-2005, 08:17 PM
wurd! No more drama is my mantra. Yep yep I'm going back. BLEEEEEEEEACH!!! And some other stuff.

Jay-san80
04-18-2005, 06:55 PM
I'll probably be there this year. This will be my 2nd AWA, and this year I plan to go as Neji of Naruto, another person, whom I won't say, and hopefully I can do Ryu Hayabusa with his 2nd costume on DOA2.

FairyDust
04-19-2005, 06:39 PM
I didn't notice any drama last year, but then again, I'm coming from a different state so I wouldn't be as involved. Here's to hoping you have a better weekend this year :)

I'm not sure what I'm doing for costumes yet. I wanted to bring back my Eiji from last year, but I was asked for permission to display it in their cosplay gallery, so she'll be on a dressform all weekend instead. The only other major costume I have planned this year is KosMos, so I'll definately her. I might bring Beatrix back, and maybe my Izumi Curits from FMA, but it's not like there isn't some 5 months to decide :P

AshleyV
04-19-2005, 06:51 PM
I know that I will most likely be at AWA this year as well. As to costumes I have no idea what I will bring. I may bring my Utena Rosebride, but there is still plently of time to decide.

FairyDust
04-19-2005, 06:54 PM
I know that I will most likely be at AWA this year as well. As to costumes I have no idea what I will bring. I may bring my Utena Rosebride, but there is still plently of time to decide.
Yay! I get to see you again! Are you coming to any Florida cons this year?

Lucifer
04-19-2005, 08:05 PM
I might bring Beatrix back, and maybe my Izumi Curits from FMA, but it's not like there isn't some 5 months to decide :P

We could bring both our FMA costumes, because...FMA needs more lovin'. We could even re-inact our favorite toy :P

Lu

AshleyV
04-20-2005, 11:12 AM
Yay! I get to see you again! Are you coming to any Florida cons this year?

I am planning on being at AFO for sure this year. Any other cons it depends on if I am down there when there is one going on.

livvylove
04-20-2005, 12:32 PM
I didn't notice any drama last year, but then again, I'm coming from a different state so I wouldn't be as involved. Here's to hoping you have a better weekend this year :)

I'm not sure what I'm doing for costumes yet. I wanted to bring back my Eiji from last year, but I was asked for permission to display it in their cosplay gallery, so she'll be on a dressform all weekend instead. The only other major costume I have planned this year is KosMos, so I'll definately her. I might bring Beatrix back, and maybe my Izumi Curits from FMA, but it's not like there isn't some 5 months to decide :P

Me eaither. I had had a great time at AWA for it being my first con and all. I can't wait to cosplay this year. I even got a good sized Ranma 1/2 group for Saturday. So it should be fun.

Suiel
04-21-2005, 06:45 AM
I'll be heading to AWA this year. Missed last year, but attended the year before. From what I know.. I'll be bringing so many costumes, I haven't decided exactly which ones yet. I know Tsugiri from Alichino, Hifumi from Cafe Kichijoji, Jibrille from Angel Sanctuary, and Touya from Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles will probably be there, plus anything from other conventions.

FairyDust
04-21-2005, 03:55 PM
We could bring both our FMA costumes, because...FMA needs more lovin'. We could even re-inact our favorite toy :P

Lu

That sounds...so dirty. Bad Lu, bad. :P But we will, we will. I can't wait to do a photoshoot in those costumes.

Lucifer
04-21-2005, 06:45 PM
That sounds...so dirty. Bad Lu, bad. :P But we will, we will. I can't wait to do a photoshoot in those costumes.

o_o dude...>.>;

You so better be prepared to duck...alot :P

Lady_Kana
04-21-2005, 08:46 PM
This is my first AWA, and in all my second convention!
I'm so happy to be going. I hope to meet new people,make friends and all. (That sounds a bit like a singles ad doesn't it?) Oh, the cheesyness escapes once again...

hentaigirl82
04-26-2005, 09:18 AM

Oh yeah I saw only a little bit of drama last year, was it me or did some of the staff acted like they didnt want to be thier?? My boyfriend was asking a question to one of the female staff and she rolled her eyes and ignored him.

FairyDust
04-26-2005, 10:52 AM
Oh yeah I saw only a little bit of drama last year, was it me or did some of the staff acted like they didnt want to be thier?? My boyfriend was asking a question to one of the female staff and she rolled her eyes and ignored him.
I don't know which of the staff you're referring to, but all the staff I encountered were wonderful.

livvylove
04-26-2005, 11:02 AM
I don't know which of the staff you're referring to, but all the staff I encountered were wonderful.

I only talked to one staff member who was busy with the lines but they pointed us in the correct direction.

scandia
04-26-2005, 12:13 PM
I have been treated well by AWA staff. In 2003 someone stole my ball ticket, but they remembered my purchasing it and let me in anyway. I had a small scare when they took my purse out of the ball floor, but they were doing it so that nobody else would steal it. In 2002 they majorly messed up in not having water in the cosplay contest area- but they did bring me a glass of water when I nearly got dehydrated. And they learned their lesson- afterwards every corner has a water station. Last year they even asked me if I was going to the ball cause they remembered me from the previous year. And they have been very helpful in the message boards regarding ball dress code, AMVs, and food places.

Wolf_Angel
05-02-2005, 08:25 AM
I cant wait for AWA this year! We are all gona for sure be doing some Rebirth Ragnarok Online classes, and I'm not sure what else yet! I'm hopefully starting on my costumes next week GYPSIE baby!!!!!!!!!! ^_^

Jay-san80
05-03-2005, 05:33 PM

That's right I remember that, glad we didn't see her again. There were some very helpful staff members there as well!

Princess_Garnet
05-03-2005, 06:01 PM
I'm possibly going to AWA. Mostly because I have to cosplay with Velvster. XD

DrifterCelest
05-06-2005, 11:40 AM
I *might* be going, it depends on:
-if we don't move to Middle-of-Nowhere, CA
-Actually reserving a room
-Finding an adult to drive me there
-Finding a friend who will willingly go with me AND cosplay

Yes, there's a 50/50 chance I'll go, but if I *do* go it'll be my first con and I'll probably be in a kimono one day, and then maybe Aika from SoA the next.

livvylove
05-07-2005, 05:41 PM
Drifter where do you live. If you join up with the Peach State Cosplay society then you can probably find someone to ride with and share a room with and hang out with people you know. I also see you are making a Shampoo costume ::big smile:: If you find out you are going to AWA you might want to join my Ranma 1/2 group on Saturday. We are planning a photoshoot. I have one photographer who I hope won't flake out on me and I am working on getting one more plus everyone is welcomes to bring their own cameras.

Here is the link http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=55463

I am also hoping that everyone will want to go eat dinner together(order pizzas, go out to eat, whatever) and then watch whatever movie they are planning on showing then go to watch the costume contest.

Drackt
05-07-2005, 05:52 PM
I'm STILL looking for a gal to room with...I'm trying to work things with my BFF, so I can prolly try to look for 2 more people...please PM if you're interested.

livvylove
05-11-2005, 01:04 PM
So how's everyones costumes coming along?

I started on my boyfriends Ranma costume. I am almost done with the pants. I forgot to buy the elastic so I didn't get a chance to finish it ><;

I also learned to pay attention to which side you sew the pants together. I ended up sewing two right legs and had to take one apart(which took an hour with that hand seam ripper). I wish the instructions would have said something and not assumed though ><;

Drackt
05-11-2005, 01:48 PM
I've had to put my gown on hold for a bit, but I finished one of the bracelets. I'm going to do the other one later this week.

I'm moving up north, but I'm going to start taking comissions to pay for the trip after I'm settled up there. If anyone wants me to do anything after July, please PM me.

mocha
05-11-2005, 01:52 PM
So how's everyones costumes coming along?

I started on my boyfriends Ranma costume. I am almost done with the pants. I forgot to buy the elastic so I didn't get a chance to finish it ><;

I also learned to pay attention to which side you sew the pants together. I ended up sewing two right legs and had to take one apart(which took an hour with that hand seam ripper). I wish the instructions would have said something and not assumed though ><;

lol, sounds like something I would do! Look on the bright side, at least you caught the mistake. ^_^ As far as costumes go, I've now decided to attempt Tifa's AC costume. It's going to be way overdone I know but I still want to do it cause she's always been my fav from FF7. I've got the materials, now I just have to figure out where to start. :eeek:

scandia
05-11-2005, 07:12 PM
Well, I did rework some costume aspects for AWA.

I improved the sash of Oscar's Commandant costume. Plus I made sure everything was in place and not likely to fall off. So this time it will look even more regal.

I finished Rosalie today. I plan to first wear it on Friday at Metrocon. But it is so comfortable, that I may wear it on the Friday of AWA as well in order to celebrate my new favorite series. Sure sure, Zelda gets me A LOT of attention and is not particularly uncomfortable. But it has so many aspects that could fall off that I need to be extremely careful with it.

This week has been pretty much entirely dedicated to cosplay. I have not had much time for costumes this year due to school and my jobs. But since I am on vacation from school until next Monday, I can do costume work for a short time.

That reminds me, I need to send my AMV contest entries. I wish they would put up this year's rules- even though the forum says they have not really changed except for the address and media accepted. I wanna make sure my AMVs get played.

Lucifer
05-12-2005, 08:05 PM
My main costume for AWA changed, from Kilik (Soul Calibur II) to Ivy (Soul Calibur). Good fabric find caused this.

Aside from that I have no idea what I'm bringing, but likely one of my FMA outfits. Maybe Squall if I feel like it.

ichi
05-16-2005, 04:20 PM
I hope to see everyone at AWA! I'll probably end up going as Gekkou Hayate(Naruto) on Saturday, and Kuchiki Rukia(Prisoner outfit, Bleach) on Sunday. Friday is really torn between the two; I can't decide!! Anyway, if anybody manages to spot me, or wants to meet up, I'm all for it. ^3^

livvylove
05-19-2005, 06:59 PM
I am kinda glad I got one costume commissioned. I seem to have problems finishing these pants I started awhile ago. Instead of just finishing them up they are sitting in my room. I doubt I could make 3 days worth of costumes for 2 people by then.

Cy_
05-31-2005, 05:03 PM
There's a good chance that i'll be attending this year. (I hope T^T) This will be uhm...I think the 4th year? I'll be going. Kinda' lose track after a while lol I cosplayed a Priest from Ragnarok for the past 2 times I went due to "time constraints" *Thinking of a lame excuse*

But Yeah---This year is definitely going to be different :D
Can't wait.

Ichigo_Kurosaki
05-31-2005, 07:32 PM
I'm now going so if anybody wants to do Lunar or Fullmetal Alchemist gathering/photoshoot please pm me or Aim Thanks^^

hentaigirl82
05-31-2005, 09:12 PM
Hey everyone I wanted to know is anybody doin Naruto this yr, last year it was huge and fun.I was thinkin how about we do a ninja parade and play music and scream go ninja go ninja go ^-^ we did that at animazement and it was so much fun!!

Jay-san80
05-31-2005, 09:29 PM
Hey everyone I wanted to know is anybody doin Naruto this yr, last year it was huge and fun.I was thinkin how about we do a ninja parade and play music and scream go ninja go ninja go ^-^ we did that at animazement and it was so much fun!!

You know I'm up for it!

AkumaSephitaro
06-02-2005, 02:08 PM
*waves* Me, my bf, and some other firends may make it there....

Planning on trying to get together a Meryl and Milly costume (for me and my bf ) Not sure if anyone else is going to also be cosplaying.... (Or crossplaying, same concept )

ichi
06-05-2005, 05:45 PM
Hah, I'm sure my friends would be ok with that.

I'm not sure what day, but I'm definately doing a Rock Lee cosplay at AWA. I'll probably(if everyone gets their costume done) be walking around with a Tsunade, Naruto, and Temari.

But oh man, that sounds fun. x)

dollssoulkirie
06-08-2005, 05:39 PM
I'm going to AWA! I'm not sure if I'm going to have any costumes, since I just have costumed planned and not made yet. That, plus I'm still debating on if I'm going to match my friend's Kaitou Jeanne costume with Fin/Finn Fish.

Lee-san
06-08-2005, 10:50 PM
I really want to go, come hell or high water (which, in fact, did happen last year and kept me in ATL an extra day).

God willing, if my venerated employer, Publix Super Markets, sees fit to allow me time off to go to Atlanta for AWA, even after taking a weekend off for Kunicon ATL, a weekend off to go to the Dear Friends concert (and hopefully booking it back to Tampa in time for Metrocon's costume contest), and a scheduled week in Las Vegas, I will pledge them my eternal fealty, work there until I am dead, and shop nowhere else for the rest of my life.

I plan to reprise my role as Rock Lee, which I did Saturday of last year's AWA, and for Kunicon MIA/ATL. Maybe I'll update it for pt.2 with a one of those snazzy vests and chase around all the Sakura cosplayers, winking at them and blowing kisses and whatnot. Then, chances are one of them will yell at me, and I'll get depressed and start hitting the sauce and end up showing everyone my Drunken Fist! Or not. Yeah, probably not. >'.'a<

Chiki
06-08-2005, 11:14 PM
I'm going this year! I went last year as Ruri (catsuit) from nadesico and Atashi from Chobits. Cosplay this year may be either ichigo (tokyo mew mew) or Mayura (alice 19th)

Drackt
06-09-2005, 07:37 AM
Unfortunately, due to what's going on in my personal life, I won't be able to go.

So now, when am I going to start going to cons regularly? I really need to get away from everything now... :waaaah:

ichi
06-09-2005, 01:29 PM
I really want to go, come hell or high water (which, in fact, did happen last year and kept me in ATL an extra day).

God willing, if my venerated employer, Publix Super Markets, sees fit to allow me time off to go to Atlanta for AWA, even after taking a weekend off for Kunicon ATL, a weekend off to go to the Dear Friends concert (and hopefully booking it back to Tampa in time for Metrocon's costume contest), and a scheduled week in Las Vegas, I will pledge them my eternal fealty, work there until I am dead, and shop nowhere else for the rest of my life.

I plan to reprise my role as Rock Lee, which I did Saturday of last year's AWA, and for Kunicon MIA/ATL. Maybe I'll update it for pt.2 with a one of those snazzy vests and chase around all the Sakura cosplayers, winking at them and blowing kisses and whatnot. Then, chances are one of them will yell at me, and I'll get depressed and start hitting the sauce and end up showing everyone my Drunken Fist! Or not. Yeah, probably not. >'.'a<
Oh christ. xD Can I be your doppleganger? Pretty please?

Lee-san
06-09-2005, 01:59 PM
Sure, there's room for more than one Rock Lee at AWA, right?

I foresee two possibilities. One - coming face-to-face with another Rock Lee could put us into shock and we'd simply pass out. Or two - the encounter could create a time paradox, the results of which could cause a chain reaction that would unravel the very fabric of the space-time continuum and destroy the entire universe. Granted, that's the worst case scenario. The destruction might, in fact, be very localized, limited to merely our own galaxy.

/"you're a slacker, McFly!"

hentaigirl82
06-11-2005, 11:36 AM
Thats so great that everyone wants to join the ninja parade. Im goin to bring my cd thingy and play "go ninja go ninja song" around the con singing it and dancing hehe its goin to be great. Hey even if ya not in costume and ya have the naruto headbands your welcome to all ninja all welcomed!!!!

ShuinLookalike
06-11-2005, 12:05 PM
My cosplay group is going, Fighting Dreamers. We have about 25 people in our cast, and we're still looking for more. Most of live in either Nashville or Atlanta, so we'll definetly be at AWA. (Most of us go every year.)

Lee-san, our Rock Lee decided to be another character, so we need a new Lee. If you're interested, our website's www.fightingdreamers.org.

Ciarathallya
06-11-2005, 05:09 PM
I have costume ADD. I keep changing my mind. Still not 100% on what I'll be doing.

peperoth
06-13-2005, 04:03 PM
Oh! I think I saw you there! I was Sasuke last year! I'll be going back as well! Not sure what I wanna cosplay as yet!

haha, i remember u Sasuke, and the night shift nurse! yea, i'll be there this year, i had a awesome time last year! i can't wait, it's gonna be awesome.

my costumes are gonna be Q(3rd Strike), Jiraiya & Choujin (Naruto), and something else...still working on it! lol

Jay-san80
06-14-2005, 08:11 PM
Hah, I'm sure my friends would be ok with that.

I'm not sure what day, but I'm definately doing a Rock Lee cosplay at AWA. I'll probably(if everyone gets their costume done) be walking around with a Tsunade, Naruto, and Temari.

But oh man, that sounds fun. x)

It is a lot of fun! We did one at Animazement this year! It was great! I'm looking forward to doing it again at AWA!

!*Jessi-Chan*!
06-15-2005, 03:05 PM
I'm going! OH YEAH! I live in South Carolina...but i'll be 18 and in college by the time the con rolls around so i don't have to worry about mommie getting me there! (hope my trusty car gets me there...) It's like what...a 5 hour drive from Myrtle Beach/Conway South Carolina...or maybe a little more. I'll be cosplaying Yuffie: The Kingdom Hearts Version...

Jay-San: I remember that at AZ! I was part of the crowd of onlookers dancing with you guys...

I hope to see EVERYONE at AWA! Be on the lookout for me....I'll be the girl looking confused because this is her first con other then AZ...the only con i've been attending...

ichi
06-16-2005, 06:58 PM
My cosplay group is going, Fighting Dreamers. We have about 25 people in our cast, and we're still looking for more. Most of live in either Nashville or Atlanta, so we'll definetly be at AWA. (Most of us go every year.)

Lee-san, our Rock Lee decided to be another character, so we need a new Lee. If you're interested, our website's www.fightingdreamers.org.
KAKASHI-SENSEIII~! D:<
:smashes leg with bokken:

Sakurazuka-san
06-16-2005, 11:33 PM
^_^ Hooray, I'm going to AWA this year (my first time to this con, anyway). o_O Those of you on the AWA forums should know me as Bri-chan, so you know what to expect from me, buuuut....

Cosplay List

1.) Seishiro Sakurazuka (X assassin version)
2.) " " (Onmyouji version)
3.) " " (Tokyo Babylon vet version)

....^_^;;; Yeah, I do A LOT of Sei-chan cosplay. What can I say? I'm fit for the part of a torturing/smiling seme.

!*Jessi-Chan*!
06-20-2005, 03:22 PM
anyone doing Kingdom Hearts cosplay? or know someone doing it?

kitsunered
06-21-2005, 12:31 PM
I tend to go to AWA sporatically, so I'm never sure whether I'm going until a few months before the con. This year I will be making it, though possibly not for the entire time. We'll have to see.

Cosplays include:

Me -
Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh
Mishima Reika from RahXephon
Possibly Asuka Langley from Evangelion
Mireille Boquet from Noir
Tsunade from Naruto

Commissioned for others -

Kankuro from Naruto
Jiraiya from Naruto

I may throw in a few others, but we'll have to see as it gets closer to con time.

-K

crazymiko
06-21-2005, 12:58 PM
anyone doing Kingdom Hearts cosplay? or know someone doing it?

I have a really super tentative KH Sephiroth on my list of things to do. He's dead last on summer/fall 2005 but if I get all my crap together in time/have a reason to bump him up then he might be at AWA.

sarabug
06-21-2005, 03:03 PM
so what's with this ball? are any of you planning on going? have any of you been in the past? how's the turnout? is it worthwhile is what i'm asking, i suppose....?

!*Jessi-Chan*!
06-21-2005, 04:37 PM
crazymiko: Ooooooooo! DO IT! DO IT! *screaming hysterically*

sarabug: Yea, i'd like to know about the ball too. I WANT to go because i want to wear my prom dress again...because it's only been once by me and once by a friend and it's pretty. but is it really worth 10 whole dollars away from the Dealer's Room?

kitsunered
06-22-2005, 10:21 AM
Not really interested in the ball, but then I hated school dances in junior high and high school. I've heard mixed reviews about it, though. Some people loved it and some people hated it. I plan on hanging out in the Cowboy Bebop Jazz Lounge instead.

hentaigirl82
06-22-2005, 11:10 AM
Not really interested in the ball, but then I hated school dances in junior high and high school. I've heard mixed reviews about it, though. Some people loved it and some people hated it. I plan on hanging out in the Cowboy Bebop Jazz Lounge instead.

I will be at the cowboy bebop jazz lounge too hope to see ya and get a pic

livvylove
06-22-2005, 12:06 PM
I am going to the ball, I always wantec to go to a formal dance with my boyfriend but since we met after we graduated it never happened. I just hope it's a lot of fun. Good thing we bought our tickets when they where 7 bucks.

Naruto_Girl
06-22-2005, 07:08 PM
I will be going.... driving 13 hours to go.... the guests were just TOO good to turn up...

I am going to the ball and I am cosplaying Rukia dressed up while my friend is doing Orihime...

Most of the weekend I will be either Naruto or Rukia and will be looking for other people to cosplay with as I know NO one from the area!!

*laughs*

I am surprised this con doesn't have it own thread... Does anyone have information on photoshoots yet??

xpXDeathXqx
06-22-2005, 09:08 PM
I've heard one of the guests is going to be Edward Elric's Voice Actor :O

Naruto_Girl
06-22-2005, 09:30 PM
I've heard one of the guests is going to be Edward Elric's Voice Actor :O

Yep Vic and he is going to be showing Full Metal Fanasty..... its s movie he made.... and its amazing!!

*squee*

xpXDeathXqx
06-23-2005, 11:20 AM
W00t. Well anyone else going as Edward Elric? There should be like like 100 along with me lol... My friend is going to be Roy, anyone being someone from the show FMA want to meet up or something? :o

CaitlinInFetu
06-23-2005, 01:30 PM
I will be going.... driving 13 hours to go.... the guests were just TOO good to turn up...

I am going to the ball and I am cosplaying Rukia dressed up while my friend is doing Orihime...

Most of the weekend I will be either Naruto or Rukia and will be looking for other people to cosplay with as I know NO one from the area!!

*laughs*

I am surprised this con doesn't have it own thread... Does anyone have information on photoshoots yet??

I'm traveling 13 hours as well! But uh... you already know this because I am going with you.

livvylove
06-23-2005, 07:25 PM
Since I don't really have a costume for sunday I am thinking of eaither a Chii cosplay or Lust. I figure with my skin tone a super light blond wig would look horrible but I think a darker blond one would be ok. Lust has the dark hair so all I would have to do is clip in some extentions. I don't know it depends. I think chii would be more fun, buy some new panties and put them on my head.

Ichigo_Kurosaki
06-24-2005, 12:07 PM
W00t. Well anyone else going as Edward Elric? There should be like like 100 along with me lol... My friend is going to be Roy, anyone being someone from the show FMA want to meet up or something? :o
Sure I be there as lots of the characters but more than likely Scar or Roy most of the time

Princess_Garnet
06-27-2005, 10:44 AM
Okay, so I'll definitely be there with Garnet and Steiner. This will be my first out of state con XDD Rock on!

Lady
06-27-2005, 11:09 AM
I plan to go for the first time this year. Not 100% sure of the costumes I'll take, but I plan to make Jin from Samurai Champloo, and I'm giving serious thought to Blinded from Fatal Frame. There's also a chance of Haku from Naruto, but I don't know that I want to be transporting that many wigs with me!*laughs*

!*Jessi-Chan*!
06-27-2005, 02:57 PM
Okay, so I'll definitely be there with Garnet and Steiner. This will be my first out of state con XDD Rock on!

Mine too!!!! YAY for the out-of-towners! But I'm only traveling maybe 5 hours... :)

Naruto Girl: I'm doing Sasuke! I can be Sasuke Girl! YAY! You up for a little yaoi photo action???

livvylove
06-27-2005, 04:21 PM
Maybe I shouldn't complain about the 2 and a half hours I have to drive from Augusta to Atlanta. I just hate driving back on I-20 at night and seeing a deer on the side of the road. I think about what would happen if they just decided to jump in front of my car.

At least this year I am staying in the Hotel for the whole weekend. So no traveling back that same night and my new car is so comphy that I just put it on cruise control and sit back and relax while people get out of my way because it looks like a cop car. (It's an Impala)

hentaigirl82
06-27-2005, 06:03 PM
OH please be safe I know about those evil deer jumpin in front of cars my cousin got killed by one driving :waaaah: so im goin pray that everyone gets thier safe and sound.

Maybe I shouldn't complain about the 2 and a half hours I have to drive from Augusta to Atlanta. I just hate driving back on I-20 at night and seeing a deer on the side of the road. I think about what would happen if they just decided to jump in front of my car.

At least this year I am staying in the Hotel for the whole weekend. So no traveling back that same night and my new car is so comphy that I just put it on cruise control and sit back and relax while people get out of my way because it looks like a cop car. (It's an Impala)

livvylove
06-28-2005, 10:33 AM
I'm sorry to bring up bad memories. But I am always careful when I drive, the key is not to panic and just hit it head on, is what I was told. It will tear up the car but you won't get that hurt when it happens.

BTW I can't wait to see your Faye costume, I want to do one some day but I won't be doing one this year.

Cy_
06-29-2005, 07:37 PM
I wish I could drive to AWA (Road Trips R0ck) but there's no way I could with my schedule. So I booked a flight that Friday morning. OKC -> ATL. Can't wait. Still indecisive on the costume, hopefully by the end of the month, I'll have something ~.~

AnnAnime
06-29-2005, 08:03 PM
Plans Changed. My sweetheart wants to go So I don't need anyone to share a room. sorry.

Tia
06-29-2005, 09:28 PM
Hmm. I can't decide what I should wear. Here is the list of possibilities:
Pirate Forte
Regular Forte
Black Rose EGL
Nightgown Juri

I'll probably wear the EGL at least once. Other than that, it pretty much depends on what groups there are going to be.

AnnAnime
06-30-2005, 01:02 PM
I'm going to Go As Inutaisho, Inuyasha and Sesshamrou's Father. My mom is going to be Inuyasha's mother.

AshleyV
06-30-2005, 01:15 PM
As of right now I will be attending AWA. I am not sure what all outfits I will be wearing; however, I do have one definate.

High Wizard from Ragnarok.

MaxwellsDemon
06-30-2005, 02:37 PM
Yay! My first AWA! Definitely not my first con, but definitely my first out of state con in a loooooong while. I'm from Texas so I hit the major con circuit (Ushicon, A-kon, Oni-con) here every year. I am looking forward to AWA though. :bigtu:

Since I'll be flying I'll be limited to just three costumes. I'll be returning to J-rock cosplay with a new Miyabi costume and my older Miyabi costume. I'll also be bringing a new EGA to wear for the ball.

Yeah. Ok. Boring. e.e Hope to run into a few of ya there.

livvylove
06-30-2005, 07:45 PM
Max I hope to see ya there and I hope you have fun at AWA, last year was my first AWA and first con (so I am still a newbie) but it's a lot of fun. This will be my first time cosplaying at AWA, I did a ghetto one for Momocon but that was it.

AnnAnime
07-07-2005, 07:37 PM
I don'r know if I posted already but I am going to AWA and I just did make my Hotel reservation just in time. I thought I wouldn't be able to but I did. I may end up needing to share the room at some point but it is Dougtful.

Costumes I am making for the Con:

Inutaisho from the 3rd Inuyasha movie
http://www.myimagehub.com/userfiles/AnnsAnime/albums/inutaisho.jpg

Inuyasha's Mother
http://www.myimagehub.com/userfiles/AnnsAnime/albums/Inuyashamom.jpg

I will also be making my swords and I will style my own Wig. If anyone wants to Cosplay with me just PM me or reply.

!*Jessi-Chan*!
07-11-2005, 03:17 PM
Are there any other (cheaper) hotels around the Renaissance? I don't really think I'll be able to afford two nights...maybe not even one...So, I'm not even trying to reserve a room. You know, the hotel doesn't even have to be AROUND the Renaissance. I'll be driving so distance from the con isn't an issue...as long as it's not so far away that I got to pack an overnight bag from my hotel just to go to the next. lol!

phantomthief
07-11-2005, 03:48 PM
Haven't posted here for a while ^.^ my schedule is hopefully solid now! XD

Friday-
Howl (Howl's Moving Castle)
Miniskirt Mustang (Fullmetal Alchemist poster art)

Saturday-
Nina Tucker Lab 5 Chimera (FMA)

Contest-
Toshiya [Macabre Tour] (Dir en Grey)

Sunday-
Whatever I feel like ^.^

I'm heading an 'UUUUUUUUUGE Jrock/JPop/EGL photoshoot-type thing on Saturday after the contest judging. Everyone is welcome!!! :D The official topic is on the PSCS board ^.^

~Ari-chan

AnnAnime
07-11-2005, 06:48 PM
Are there any other (cheaper) hotels around the Renaissance? I don't really think I'll be able to afford two nights...maybe not even one...So, I'm not even trying to reserve a room. You know, the hotel doesn't even have to be AROUND the Renaissance. I'll be driving so distance from the con isn't an issue...as long as it's not so far away that I got to pack an overnight bag from my hotel just to go to the next. lol!

Are you a Girl or guy? I may have room at the last minute if plans Change for my sweetheart. That may not happen but it's somethng to consider. I have a room reserved at the Renaissance but At the last minute I may need to share.

Ciarathallya
07-11-2005, 07:34 PM
All under $80 or less and under 3 miles from the con hotel. Thank Hotels.com search.

Days Inn Atlanta/Marietta $79
Fairfield Inn & Suites Vinings $80
ExtendedStayDeluxe Atl-Mariet $75
Econo Lodge Northwest $50
Radisson Hotel Atl Windy Hill $69.95
La Quinta Inn/Stes Paces Ferry $59
Masters Inn Atlanta Marietta $42
Hawthorn Suites Atlanta NW %79
Marriott Atlanta Northwest $79

MaxwellsDemon
07-12-2005, 12:19 PM
Max I hope to see ya there and I hope you have fun at AWA, last year was my first AWA and first con (so I am still a newbie) but it's a lot of fun. This will be my first time cosplaying at AWA, I did a ghetto one for Momocon but that was it.

Thanks! :square: Hope to see ya there, as well!

AnnAnime
07-12-2005, 03:58 PM
If I do need someone to share a room with then I would only ask for $60 for the weekend. But I am still unsure of what will happen until it's close to that weekend.

Evolution
07-13-2005, 02:51 AM
I'm VERY interested in attending this one, since most of the voice actors I follow are the guests of honor, but, what's this con like...before I decide to fly my happy butt out of California and into Atlanta for a full-weekend??? TY for info!!!

AnnAnime
07-13-2005, 12:13 PM
I'm VERY interested in attending this one, since most of the voice actors I follow are the guests of honor, but, what's this con like...before I decide to fly my happy butt out of California and into Atlanta for a full-weekend??? TY for info!!!

It's like a whole other world. Cons Are Awesome plus they have some special movies they are showing too, like the Live Action Full metal Alchemist, but they call it Full metal Dream. If you cosplay... there is always people taking your picture. Here is their Site to see what they have planned.

http://www.awa-con.com/

Evolution
07-13-2005, 03:24 PM
Oh no no no! I appreciate the info, but I've done several cons in the past...I was just wondering what THIS particular one was like, since if I do decide to go to it, I have quite a distance to travel...It's also a firsty for me, since I've never before left California to go to a convention, so I wanted an account from peeps who have been to AWA already...thanks, though!!! ^_^

kitsunered
07-13-2005, 06:59 PM
Has anyone participated in the Masquerade for AWA? I'm planning on competing for the first time this year and would like to hear of others' experiences with it. I know they do pre-judging and it doesn't seem to be a skit-based competition, but is there anything else I should know?

-K

Darth Vader
07-13-2005, 07:07 PM
Went in 2002, loved it, wish I could go back. Someday I'll get the money to go again. This year isn't looking promising.

Ciarathallya
07-13-2005, 08:06 PM
Stuff to remember

Read the rules (http://www.awa-con.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=4432) thoroughly
Bring good reference pics that are 5x8 or 8x10 (and you will not be getting it back)
Have alot of patience
Don't come with the notion that you're gonna do a skit
READ THE RULES AGAIN
Legibly fill out your entry form (http://www.awa-con.com/fileadmin/Special_Events/CostumeContest2005_ver3.pdf)

I had a good experience. The only suck part was line up for the costume contest... the waiting... and waiting. But it was because ppl the audience took forever to get seated. They do prejuding earlier in the day. Then the actual runway show at night.

!*Jessi-Chan*!
07-14-2005, 03:05 PM
AnnAnime: Sharing a room is cool...if I probably didn't have these extra people...Don't even know how many yet...

Ciara: Thanks for the hotel list! *copy and paste :)* That's going to be dead useful. I must reserve one of these...because at Animazement this year...the hotels surrounding the Sheraton were all sold out as well! Sucks...and we rode around for atleast an hour trying to find a sutible one. That was precious con time spent on the interstate!

AnnAnime
07-15-2005, 01:14 AM
AnnAnime: Sharing a room is cool...if I probably didn't have these extra people...Don't even know how many yet...

Ciara: Thanks for the hotel list! *copy and paste :)* That's going to be dead useful. I must reserve one of these...because at Animazement this year...the hotels surrounding the Sheraton were all sold out as well! Sucks...and we rode around for atleast an hour trying to find a sutible one. That was precious con time spent on the interstate!

It's always better to reserve a room months in advance because there are some people who will reserve a room as much as 6 months in advance to make sure they get a room. Right after I made my reservation at the waverly rennesaince they were all booked up a week later and the was 3 months in Advance.

Lucifer
07-15-2005, 05:05 AM
Has anyone participated in the Masquerade for AWA? I'm planning on competing for the first time this year and would like to hear of others' experiences with it. I know they do pre-judging and it doesn't seem to be a skit-based competition, but is there anything else I should know?

-K

Its not skit based at all, though you're given about a minute to 'present' the costume. A Hellsing group last year did battle poses against one another, which was pretty cool.

Definitely bring a reference image, because they will project the image on a screen behind you as you walk on stage (helping those in the audience indentify your character).

The judging process is good, you go into a room, those with overly large costumes (or groups) are allowed into the front of the line, while the rest just file in as they can. There are plenty of seats, and they supply bottled water and bagels to those waiting. The room was freezing, which I guess is good since there were so many in the room. My friend and I waited until the very end to be judged, and we were in there for a good three hours waiting.

I didn't really miss much of the con while being in pre-judging, you get out with plenty of time to kick back, do whatever you want, etc.

Chi-Bri
07-15-2005, 08:31 AM
Hello everyone, I just joined cosplay.com yesterday but, I just wanted to write in to say Iam going to AWA 11 this year. It will be my third year at AWA this year and my first time cosplaying. Iam more then likely going to buy my own costume because Iam still teaching myself how to sew. I will more then likely go as Sailor Mars and my friend will go as sailor Jupiter. If things dont work out with my costume, then her Mom will probably make mine as well as hers. Oh, now that I think about it, is anyone going to the Time Travelers Ball?

AnnAnime
07-15-2005, 12:08 PM
Hello everyone, I just joined cosplay.com yesterday but, I just wanted to write in to say Iam going to AWA 11 this year. It will be my third year at AWA this year and my first time cosplaying. Iam more then likely going to buy my own costume because Iam still teaching myself how to sew. I will more then likely go as Sailor Mars and my friend will go as sailor Jupiter. If things dont work out with my costume, then her Mom will probably make mine as well as hers. Oh, now that I think about it, is anyone going to the Time Travelers Ball?

I make costumes if you are intersted in getting someone to make one for you. I would love to make it and I'll even Negotiate a price. My site is below if you are interested.This way yopu can see some of my work. I

http://animecostumes.o-f.com/AnimeCostumes.html

I will be making my costume this year... Can't wait to get it made.

Chi-Bri
07-15-2005, 01:21 PM
I make costumes if you are intersted in getting someone to make one for you. I would love to make it and I'll even Negotiate a price. My site is below if you are interested.This way yopu can see some of my work. I

http://animecostumes.o-f.com/AnimeCostumes.html

I will be making my costume this year... Can't wait to get it made.

Thank you very much. That was very thoughtful of you. However, right now Iam in the clear that if anything was to happen, my friends Mom could make it for me. But, if anything goes wrong Ill give you a e-mail. But like I said, thank you very much anyway.

AnnAnime
07-15-2005, 01:25 PM
Thank you very much. That was very thoughtful of you. However, right now Iam in the clear that if anything was to happen, my friends Mom could make it for me. But, if anything goes wrong Ill give you a e-mail. But like I said, thank you very much anyway.

Your welcome!

Tia
07-17-2005, 09:32 PM
I'm heading an 'UUUUUUUUUGE Jrock/JPop/EGL photoshoot-type thing on Saturday after the contest judging. Everyone is welcome!!! :D The official topic is on the PSCS board ^.^

~Ari-chan

Looks like I'll be wearing my new EGL saturday, then. I'm not sure if I can do cosplay on friday since I'm not getting there until later in the day due to class. Might do pirate Forte or Juri then. I guess regular Forte will be sunday?

Oh yeah, and are there any other kinds of jewelry that people would be interested in buying besides EGL crowns and Aeris necklaces? I'm at a loss. =/ The booth I'll be at is #65, if anybody wants to stop by and say hi.

Dark_Tiger
07-17-2005, 09:54 PM
I'll stop by! In fact, it'll be pretty hard to stop me from doing so. ;)

For those who aren't me or Tia, I'll be sharing her table.

AnnAnime
07-19-2005, 11:48 AM
Does anyone know if AWA will have an private photo shoots?

Ciarathallya
07-19-2005, 12:04 PM
Good question. I know they do the shoot on the Grand Staircase. Other than that I dunno. I wish there were some Cosplay.com private photo shoots. Heck anyone. Hardly anyone ever goes to the TN, Bama, or GA conventions to do that kind of thing. Guess too far to travel or no thinks there no interest. So jealous of the west coast and east coast conventions in that respect.

AnnAnime
07-19-2005, 12:09 PM
Good question. I know they do the shoot on the Grand Staircase. Other than that I dunno. I wish there were some Cosplay.com private photo shoots. Heck anyone. Hardly anyone ever goes to the TN, Bama, or GA conventions to do that kind of thing. Guess too far to travel or no thinks there no interest. So jealous of the west coast and east coast conventions in that respect.

I am soo jelouse too. I want a private photoshoot because I want good pictures of myself in my costume. I REALLY hope someone will, heck maybe someone will read this and come to AWA.

livvylove
07-19-2005, 12:29 PM
I have been talking to a few semi pro photographers to see if they would have interest in coming to AWA. One says that they are going to do a photoshoot for the Ranma 1/2 group I set up on Saturday. I have been keeping in touch. I also met another one through OMP that seems interested in this kind of stuff too. So if you guys are serious about getting some shots done then maybe I can talk them into setting up an area to do photoshoots.

AnnAnime
07-19-2005, 12:42 PM
I have been talking to a few semi pro photographers to see if they would have interest in coming to AWA. One says that they are going to do a photoshoot for the Ranma 1/2 group I set up on Saturday. I have been keeping in touch. I also met another one through OMP that seems interested in this kind of stuff too. So if you guys are serious about getting some shots done then maybe I can talk them into setting up an area to do photoshoots.

I am EXTREMLY Interested in having a private photoshoot. I am making myself an Inutaisho costume from the Inuyasha 3rd movie and I want pictures taken badly. I am looking for someone to dress as Inuyasha's mother at thr moment too. I would be soo greatful if you could set me up a shoot for that weekend.

livvylove
07-19-2005, 02:03 PM
I emailed him so hopefully he will get back to me. I asked him his pricing and what not so I can pass along the information.

!*Jessi-Chan*!
07-19-2005, 02:33 PM
private photoshoots are cool...I would love to get some awesome shots in Yuffie...and even as Sasuke if I could get that damn collar right...*heads back over to the sewing table...grumbling*

AnnAnime
07-19-2005, 03:18 PM
I emailed him so hopefully he will get back to me. I asked him his pricing and what not so I can pass along the information.

That's soo Awesome!! Thanks soo much!! I bet you pass the word on as well in the AWA forum... I am sure there are lots of thers who would love to have a photoshoot done as well.

livvylove
07-19-2005, 05:14 PM
Yea I will once I get a reply. If I don't get one by the end of the week then I will call him up.

Dizfunktional
07-19-2005, 06:33 PM
Arr, I be going to AWA11. Possibly as Charlotte (Vampire Hunter D:BL), and if not then, I could probably be Femm-Vash..again. @.@

Tia
07-19-2005, 07:42 PM
Well, a photo shoot would be great. I know one photographer, but he isn't sure if he's coming to the con this year. A meetup for cosplay.com members would also be nice, but I don't know many georgia cosplayers so I think it would be better if someone who's local did the meetup instead of me. Basically, somebody just needs to talk to AWA staff and ask if it's okay to do the meetup as a panel. If you are able to get the photographers to do shoots it would be nice to have one either at the end of the panel or right after with everyone in it.

AnnAnime
07-20-2005, 01:10 AM
Well, a photo shoot would be great. I know one photographer, but he isn't sure if he's coming to the con this year. A meetup for cosplay.com members would also be nice, but I don't know many georgia cosplayers so I think it would be better if someone who's local did the meetup instead of me. Basically, somebody just needs to talk to AWA staff and ask if it's okay to do the meetup as a panel. If you are able to get the photographers to do shoots it would be nice to have one either at the end of the panel or right after with everyone in it.

That would be Awesome!! I bet alot of people would love to have a photoshoot. You should mention it in the AWA Forum if he wants to do it. Thanks soo much and keep up me in touch and up to date on what he will do and so forth.

!*Jessi-Chan*!
07-21-2005, 02:36 PM
yay! photoshoot with all you guys would be so cool! That's my purpose for going to this con, to meet you great people.

robo_berserker
07-23-2005, 03:54 PM

I look forward to seeing all the Naruto cosplayers this year :toothy: (and multiple Lees! wheee!)

I've pretty much scrapped (or at least, postponed indefinately) my Ibuki and Scorpion projects, and instead I'll hopefully be going as one of the Demon Brothers (that's if I actually get around to doing it)

*sigh*....mabey I should just get a Shikamaru costume commissioned....at least with him I would be in-character by nature.....

Yukari Kiss
07-23-2005, 10:50 PM
Yayayayayay! FD w00t. I'm their Sakura. ^_^ I'm probably gonna wear my Merchant costume from Ragnarok on Friday.

Cy_
07-24-2005, 10:50 AM
Definitely looking forward to seeing all the Naruto cosplayers. Being a huge fan myself, I can't wait to get some pictures. C...can't stop watching it.

And as far as the photoshoot goes: That is a great idea! I'm sure a lot of people would be interested. I hope everything works out :)

adrawer4ever
07-24-2005, 07:47 PM
my going is a pending deal (though it's very likely that I will attend) I'm not an Atlantian but my sister will be so I'm staying with her. who I'm cosplaying as... (prone to change due to completion or any incodents that come up)

-Kurapika (Hunter x Hunter)
-Keiko (Yu Yu Hakusho)
-Michiru (Air)
-Jin (Yu Yu Hakusho)
-Hanajima (Fruits Basket)
-Kagura (Fruits basket) (though most likely only for a half-day or so at the most)
-Shroom Lizzeh (everyone at Az 05' kept asking me "what anime are you from?" but surprise it's just a fun costume I put together ^^;; )

JChan
07-24-2005, 10:49 PM
Can't remember if I've already replyed or not :-P but my cosplay group (St. Claire Cosplay) and I will be heading for AWA from our various locations.

Together we'll be cosplaying X/1999 as Karen, Nekoi, Satsuki (a few of our guy friends may join in),
Miyuki-chan in Wonderland as the Cheshire Cat, Miss Bunny, and the Doormouse (another friend is joining in as Miyuki-chan),
and what we have deemed the "Bumblee bee girls" from a Hyeung Tae Kim picture.

On top of that I'm going to be Luna from Tales of Symphonia and Dancer from FFT (for a group with two guy friends), and another member will be Black Lady from Sailor Moon.

Room's booked, transportation planned, we're ready to go ^^

robo_berserker
07-25-2005, 07:16 AM
*sigh*....mabey I should just get a Shikamaru costume commissioned....at least with him I would be in-character by nature.....

Heh, I said that kiddingly, but then I got to thinking "damn, I SHOULD do Shikamaru! o_o" So....yeah....it'll either be him or one of the Demon Brothers (or mabey even both).

*sigh* Cosplay......what a bother....*puts her head on the table and goes to sleep*

(P.S. Wow, JChan, you're doing all of those costumes for one Con?? o_o Amazing)

hentaigirl82
07-25-2005, 01:52 PM
OOOh OOOh do you need a card girl??? I made a miyuki-chan card outfit but never wore it yet.

Can't remember if I've already replyed or not :-P but my cosplay group (St. Claire Cosplay) and I will be heading for AWA from our various locations.

Together we'll be cosplaying X/1999 as Karen, Nekoi, Satsuki (a few of our guy friends may join in),
Miyuki-chan in Wonderland as the Cheshire Cat, Miss Bunny, and the Doormouse (another friend is joining in as Miyuki-chan),

On top of that I'm going to be Luna from Tales of Symphonia and Dancer from FFT (for a group with two guy friends), and another member will be Black Lady from Sailor Moon.

kitsunered
07-25-2005, 03:52 PM

That's kind of funny because I'm part of a group that is also doing Miyuki-chan costumes for AWA. We've got a Miyuki, Red Queen, Rose, Door, Cardgirl, and Cheshire Cat.

JChan
07-25-2005, 08:06 PM
(P.S. Wow, JChan, you're doing all of those costumes for one Con?? o_o Amazing)

Lol...I refer to it as insane now ^^

OOOh OOOh do you need a card girl??? I made a miyuki-chan card outfit but never wore it yet.

That's kind of funny because I'm part of a group that is also doing Miyuki-chan costumes for AWA. We've got a Miyuki, Red Queen, Rose, Door, Cardgirl, and Cheshire Cat.

We should find a time to do a meetup for photos ^^ That'd be lots of fun!

hentaigirl82
07-25-2005, 08:39 PM
Im up for it .
Lol...I refer to it as insane now ^^

We should find a time to do a meetup for photos ^^ That'd be lots of fun!

Lucifer
07-26-2005, 08:38 AM
Due to interesting changes, and so forth, I've turned to making the Unknown (blonde one) from Kingdom Hearts: Deep Dive remix. Likely no keyblades, since...yeah no.

Dunno what else I'm bringing, probably Winry and Beliel.

Antariel
07-27-2005, 11:07 PM
Hey! I'm coming from NY to my first AWA :D It sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun. Going alone, but that's never stopped me before! It's fun meeting new people.

Costumes I'm doing are..
Friday: Kingdom Hearts Heartless and Dark Vash
Saturday: FFX Shiva (it's going to be SO much better then my old one *shudder*) and another secret one if I can get it done.

Are there any shoots going on for that kind of stuff?

Katie
07-27-2005, 11:21 PM
Velvy and I are attending! Though... we kind of waited too late to reserve a room, and now they're all gone. *blink* Anybody looking for 2 roommates? IM me, and we'll talk!

Princess32405

yayahan
07-28-2005, 05:59 AM
I completely missed AWA last year eventhough it's within an hour of where a live. I will try to make up for that and come this year, at least for a day!
As for what costumes to wear - no clue yet. I might use the chance of attending a local con to put on one of my impossible-to-transport cosplays. ^^;

Wolverine
07-28-2005, 08:52 AM
I completely missed AWA last year even though it's within an hour of where a live. I will try to make up for that and come this year, at least for a day!“You dumb-@$$!”

Whoops, did I type that 'out-loud'? Sorry ’bout that. ;)

Well, you see, I was looking at some MegaCon cosplay contest photos, saw that one cosplay of the Super Milk-Chan, remembered that walk-on from when I saw it, then came back to these forums to read your post, & yeah… well, I think you get the idea.

That's so great that everyone wants to join the ninja parade. I'm goin to bring my CD thingy and play "Go ninja, go ninja"-song around the con, singing it and dancing, hehe, it's goin to be great. Hey, even if ya not in costume and ya have the Naruto headbands, you're welcome to all ninja; all welcomed!!!!"Ninja parade"?? Will you guys be using choreographed dance moves? If so, I'll videotape that. Yeah, ninjas from Naruto as well as generic ninjas getting funky. Tha'd be a sight to see. :D

That's right, you go, Ninja! :bigtu:

AnnAnime
07-28-2005, 10:21 AM
Velvy and I are attending! Though... we kind of waited too late to reserve a room, and now they're all gone. *blink* Anybody looking for 2 roommates? IM me, and we'll talk!

Princess32405

I may need 2 at the last minute but it really all depends on what my sweetheart does or if I have all the money saved by then. I did reserve a room and I even have a euro bed too if it's needed. I'll remember you and if I need 2 roomates I'll let you know.

Virginia

Ciarathallya
07-28-2005, 12:22 PM
This is probably my finalized list of stuff I'm wearing.
Ryofu Housen ~ Battle Vixens
Mistress ~ Ragnarok Online
Mosura ~
I had Coffy ~ Cowboy Bebop (afro chick Mushroom Samba ep) planned for the Cowboy Bebop Lounge, but my cat sprayed my costume (among other costumes that were in progress). :waaaah:

Cy- See you there!

Strawberrykitten- Photo shoot saturday?

Katie- Try contacting the Sheraton. It's the overflow across street (accessible by bridge). The rooms are really nice.

Tia
07-28-2005, 12:31 PM
That would be wonderful if you could attend, Yaya. I've been wanting to meet you in person for a very long time now.

hentaigirl82
07-28-2005, 04:45 PM
:waaaah: :waaaah: that sucks so bad Ciarathallya, I was goin bring my faye costume to the lounge also but dunno since I didnt reserve a room at the hotel so I have to walk with my costumes on.

This is probably my finalized list of stuff I'm wearing.
Ryofu Housen ~ Battle Vixens
Mistress ~ Ragnarok Online
Mosura ~
I had Coffy ~ Cowboy Bebop (afro chick Mushroom Samba ep) planned for the Cowboy Bebop Lounge, but my cat sprayed my costume (among other costumes that were in progress). :waaaah:

Cy- See you there!

Strawberrykitten- Photo shoot saturday?

Katie- Try contacting the Sheraton. It's the overflow across street (accessible by bridge). The rooms are really nice.

hentaigirl82
07-28-2005, 04:47 PM
Most likely were goin play music and dance or somthing dunno goin be kick ass tho..

“You dumb-@$$!”

Whoops, did I type that 'out-loud'? Sorry ’bout that. ;)

Well, you see, I was looking at some MegaCon cosplay contest photos, saw that one cosplay of the Super Milk-Chan, remembered that walk-on from when I saw it, then came back to these forums to read your post, & yeah… well, I think you get the idea.

"Ninja parade"?? Will you guys be using choreographed dance moves? If so, I'll videotape that. Yeah, ninjas from Naruto as well as generic ninjas getting funky. Tha'd be a sight to see. :D

That's right, you go, Ninja! :bigtu:

Ciarathallya
07-29-2005, 10:48 AM
:waaaah: :waaaah: that sucks so bad Ciarathallya, I was goin bring my faye costume to the lounge also but dunno since I didnt reserve a room at the hotel so I have to walk with my costumes on.
O_o walk? Ok I'm thinking the Sheraton in terms of walking unless... you're further away than that? :woah:

Lessons learned:
get a room at the con hotel
don't plan any costumes with super high heels... sheesh no heels period if possible
practice in shoes for more than two weeks prior to the con (I only did it for a week >.> )

hentaigirl82
07-29-2005, 12:17 PM
Yeah I normally reserve the rooms months a head but the person who reserves the room moved and all this stuff happend im just glad we got a hotel. I believe the hotel is right beside it or somthing they said its walkin distance so it shouldnt be to far.

O_o walk? Ok I'm thinking the Sheraton in terms of walking unless... you're further away than that? :woah:

Lessons learned:
get a room at the con hotel
don't plan any costumes with super high heels... sheesh no heels period if possible
practice in shoes for more than two weeks prior to the con (I only did it for a week >.> )

Cy_
07-29-2005, 09:41 PM
I just wish rooms at the Ren weren't so expensive. It makes you wanna jump into a room with complete strangers just to lower the cost of board.

Pshhh, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

AnnAnime
08-01-2005, 08:00 AM
I just wish rooms at the Ren weren't so expensive. It makes you wanna jump into a room with complete strangers just to lower the cost of board.

Pshhh, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Yeah I agree with you there. But I may Eand up needing someone to share my room with me. I have a reservation at the Ren, I made it like a week before they were all booked. Well If I do need to share then I'll look for some people.

Ciarathallya
08-01-2005, 08:43 AM
Try going on over to the AWA website where they have their message board at. Every year around this time ppl start looking for room mates and rides.

I so need to finish one of my three costumes. But I am supposed to be packing up my stuff to put in storage while I move away for the next year and a half. Procrastination is my foe. grrrrrr

Dizfunktional
08-01-2005, 07:59 PM
@.o Moi.. is it just ME, or do you think there might be an unruly amount of Naruto cosplayers at this con? Oh, the Kakashi's... -swoon-

hentaigirl82
08-01-2005, 08:41 PM
Oh ya its goin to be great!!!! Make sure you look for the ninja parade
music + ninjas =PARTYTIME!!

@.o Moi.. is it just ME, or do you think there might be an unruly amount of Naruto cosplayers at this con? Oh, the Kakashi's... -swoon-

!*Jessi-Chan*!
08-04-2005, 02:20 PM
Ninja parade? *bounces on toes* Can I join??? (this wouldn't happen to be the same "parade" that was at Animazement earlier this year, would it?) My Sasuke is clearly ghetto and it's a "girl" version and I wasn't planning on wearing it...but if a parades going on I want to be apart of that :)

hentaigirl82
08-04-2005, 02:27 PM
Oh yes you can join and its goin to be just like the one at animazement this time were goin have music and dancing.

Ninja parade? *bounces on toes* Can I join??? (this wouldn't happen to be the same "parade" that was at Animazement earlier this year, would it?) My Sasuke is clearly ghetto and it's a "girl" version and I wasn't planning on wearing it...but if a parades going on I want to be apart of that :)

Ciarathallya
08-04-2005, 02:45 PM
Between ya'll and Fighting Dreamers Naruto cosplay group there's gonna be an over abundance of ninja @.@

!*Jessi-Chan*!
08-04-2005, 03:17 PM
WHOO! I'm finally apart of something! SO now I got to go and complete Sasuke...atleast get the shuriken made...

An abunadance of ninjas? What's wrong with that? lol! I think it's going to be so much fun with so many Naruto cosplayers running around! It's certainly going to be interesting.

Tia
08-04-2005, 04:01 PM
I'll get my cutlass....

ichi
08-04-2005, 06:12 PM
Between ya'll and Fighting Dreamers Naruto cosplay group there's gonna be an over abundance of ninja @.@
FD is teh pwn. :<
(me = their Lee)

GellyKiss
08-05-2005, 06:57 PM
Wow, FD represent! ^_^ I'm their Hinata. *lol*

I can't wait till AWA, it's gonna be so friggin fun. There will be sooooo many ninjas running around. Our cast has about 30 people now, I think!

SasukeX2o
08-07-2005, 02:51 AM
Im goin to AWA. I'll be cosplaying as Chuunin exam Sasuke. and my friend Tracy is going as Naruto..(man I can think of some funny shots) and hes taller than me, lol. but if any other ninjas wanna meet up with me, let me know. :toothy:

vampirate
08-08-2005, 04:11 PM
I'll be there. Part of the plan so far is to be Miyuki in a Miyuki-chan group that'll be running around.

SakeNinja2
08-09-2005, 09:42 PM
The Sake Ninja Nation will rise again at AWA 11 with more ninjas than evar!!!

Star_Angel
08-10-2005, 11:04 AM
The Sake Ninja Nation will rise again at AWA 11 with more ninjas than evar!!!
Yay for the Sake Ninja's!!! lol

Yukari Kiss
08-10-2005, 11:04 PM
Oh wow. Holy underage ninjas, batman. I'm the leader of FD, and really... I am so pysched there will be so many Naruto cosplayers at AWA this year!! ^___^

I'll also be running around in my Ragnarok costume (I'm a Rogue) on Friday. Oh, and I'll be in Para outfit that night with the rest of my team. ^^

!*Jessi-Chan*!
08-17-2005, 04:24 PM
YES! NINJAS! AWA is my eightenth b-day gift and I am so glad to be spending it with all of you guys and all the ninjas! :) Now, I must head back into the corner of my dorm room and start my Naruto jacket thing....*stumbles off*

GothicPie
08-17-2005, 06:36 PM
I will be there, and I've not missed an AWA since I started going at AWA7. It is by far my most favourite con, and this year I'll be cosplaying as Hsien Ko from Darkstalkers. (Last year I was Kairi from Kingdom Hearts, and the year before that a really funky looking Kikyo from Inu Yasha!).

Oooo LaLa!
08-17-2005, 07:58 PM
Hey Everyone! I just joined Cosplay.com to join you wonderful people!! ^_^ Okay, So, I'm going to dive right in and I demand to know all of you immediately! My name is Lauren and I'm going to AWA this year. It will be my first con, although I've been a huge anime fan for going on 10 years now. I was supposed to go AWA 6 or 7 but I chickened out because I was so young. I want to be familiar with as many people as possibly can!! ^_^ I've done lots and lots of cosplay, but nothing to a convention or for a competition.

So, could all of you tell me a little more about how the convention's costume contest actually works? From my understanding, you basically go on stage, pose, leave. Is that about right? Don't worry, I don't have any stage fright, because I do a lot of acting, but I just want to be aware before I get up there and totally screw up~ @_@

!*Jessi-Chan*!
08-18-2005, 11:26 AM
Gothicpie: Kairi? It would be so cool if you were doing that THIS year while i'm cosplaying KH Yuffie...

Ooh LaLa!: Welcomes!!!! This is my first AWA so I know nothing about their costume contest...sorry i couldn't be more helpful

AnnAnime
08-18-2005, 02:15 PM
This sucks!! I got all my stuff for my costume, Even almost have the Contact lenses but I may not have the money for the room and my Weekend pass or spending money. I still have to work on my costume too. It sucks not having the money to go. I am making a Yuna Staff and all I need to do to it is paint it then I am selling it for $150 and $25 for shipping. If anyine is interested then PM me.

I don't know How things will turn out for AWA.

Oooo LaLa!
08-18-2005, 11:17 PM
Thanks for the welcome Jessi!!

Ann, that really stinks. I really hope that you get to go!

:heart: Lauren :heart:

Lila
08-22-2005, 10:51 PM
I've just confirmed my AWA stuff! Not sure who I'm cosplaying as of yet, but I know it'll be fun!

Prof Farnsworth
08-24-2005, 01:54 PM
As far as I know I am definately planning on going, and a couple of my friends should be coming with me. I'm really looking forward to making it. :japan: :toothy:

Purple Flames
08-24-2005, 03:02 PM
I just pre-regged. See you there :cool:

Star_Angel
08-24-2005, 03:09 PM
I've just confirmed my AWA stuff! Not sure who I'm cosplaying as of yet, but I know it'll be fun!
*hugs* well have as much fun at AWA as Otakon! lol

Atasha
08-24-2005, 03:09 PM
Woo! I'm going. My mom is going to be with me and this is her first time at a con. I'm sure she's going to be creeped out by somethings/people. XP My aunt might come with us too. ^_^
As for cosplay, I'm planning to bring my Edward Elric costume. I'm hoping to bring my automail but as of now it doesn't look like its going to be finished. >_<

Ciarathallya
08-24-2005, 03:14 PM
I just pre-regged. See you there :cool:
You have been assimilated

Wreeth
08-24-2005, 04:35 PM
'Are any Atlantan cosplayers going to Anime Weekend Atlanta?'

What, seriously?

!*Jessi-Chan*!
08-25-2005, 10:35 AM
Oooo LaLa: No problemo, sweetie! =)

Atasha: Nothing wrong w/ the mom's tagging along! lol (or the aunts) This will be my mom's third con and she still doesn't get over the shock of seeing guy's in dresses! It's always so funny watching her do all those double-takes... My friend's mom and aunt are way more..."understanding" then my mom. They take pictures and everything while MY own mother stares at people and whispers to my sister about a lot of odd things. I just laugh at them.

Everyone's finishing their AWA stuff while I...have not. We're probably going to ride around all Friday looking for a hotel...as usual. I'll finish pieces of my unfinished costumes on Thursday...as usual. And I'll spend all my money for food in the dealer's room...as usual. My camera will probably die and I'll have to pay six dollars for batteries...as usual. Atleast i'll have fun!!!

Ciarathallya
08-25-2005, 10:42 AM
Today's the last day to pre-reg. Must be postmarked by today.

Yukari Kiss
08-25-2005, 06:48 PM
I threw our Group Reg. in the mail yesterday! ^_^; Procrastination is good.

Venus Knight
08-25-2005, 09:16 PM
I did my pre-reg + T-shirt online REALLY late monday night. :chatah: I'm excited to go to my second con, especially since I've heard several people say this was their favorite con.

Star_Angel
08-25-2005, 09:51 PM
Lol, sent group reg off on monday! glad to have one less ting to worry about now!

AnnAnime
08-26-2005, 02:49 AM
This sucks!! Looks like I will not get to go to AWA unless By some miracle I can get like $600 for Everything. I am still going to make my costume though and Keep my hotel reservation in case I do get to go.

Thanks for the welcome Jessi!!

Ann, that really stinks. I really hope that you get to go!

:heart: Lauren :heart:

Hinoto
08-26-2005, 08:52 AM
I'll be there!! Woot! I'm so glad there's an AWA thread now ^^ Dunno how long it's been here but still XD. I am not sure what I will be cosplaying. It will probably be easy stuff, things I have the fabric here for or that the stuff is not expensive to get. I have a biiiig cosplay I have been wanting to do but I don't think it would be able to get done by AWA.

Rikku_Twin
08-26-2005, 07:17 PM
I think I'm going to AWA! It'll be my first con ever too! I'm totally psyched. I think I'm gonna go as Rikku and if not, one of my own characters. I dunno if I wanna go totally extreme for my first ever.

Chiki
08-27-2005, 06:57 PM
I'm going to AWA! This will be my second year, last year I was ruri and Atashi, there are some pics on my gallery, go lookie and comment!! I'll comment back. This year I'm going as Alice from Kingdom Hearts and my friend Amber is doing Yuffie. It's gonna rock.

Bagu
08-27-2005, 07:16 PM
I'll be coming with a single costume for Friday and Saturday. I wore it during Otakon this year. It hopefully will be a secondary for next year when my Canti is done.

Miss Vash
08-28-2005, 06:03 PM
I'll be going as Osaka for most of Friday, Queen Elizabeth for the Time Traveler's Ball, Vash for most of Saturday then I may change into my Yukino Miyazawa costume later that night, then Paine on Sunday.

*squee* I'm so excited! It was a lot of fun last year so this year I'm sure it'll be a blast!

Masami
08-30-2005, 05:35 PM
I have to go =) AWA is the con that got me into this silly hobby 6 years ago! Anyways, my groups, Goddess Cosplay and Nightmare Armor will be back this year to our local con.. costume wise? I believe we are doing a Disgea group, and I might bust out some Bleach but who knows.. ?

GreatSG
08-30-2005, 06:13 PM
I'm gonna be heading to AWA as well it seems, not sure which costumes i'll bring out, or whether or not i'll drag the bots along, but either way it'll be fun i'm sure. ^^
Hmmm, maybe I should finish that armor costume I've been planning.

hentaigirl82
08-30-2005, 07:05 PM
:love: you have to bring tomservo and crow its a must!!!!! LOL even if ya dont it will be a pleasure to see you again.

I'm gonna be heading to AWA as well it seems, not sure which costumes i'll bring out, or whether or not i'll drag the bots along, but either way it'll be fun i'm sure. ^^
Hmmm, maybe I should finish that armor costume I've been planning.

AnnAnime
09-01-2005, 11:43 AM
Looks like I'm not going after all. My friend that lived near New Orleans made it out in time before the Hurricane hit but they lost everything so I am going to try to help her get back on her feet again. Besides... there are more important things than an Anime Convention like Friendship and Family.

Nightmare
09-01-2005, 01:45 PM
Hell's yeah I'll be going. This'll be my fifth year. I was going to do Anji Mito, but I changed my mind at the last moment, and am going to be doing Ichigo from Bleach in his Ban Kai mode. It's going to be awesome!!!

scandia
09-02-2005, 01:49 PM
Three more weeks! Just 3 more sad and miserable weeks! Can't wait!

Lucifer
09-02-2005, 09:34 PM

Oh god don't remind me. I still have to make Unknown u.u;

robo_berserker
09-02-2005, 11:29 PM

EEK! I had forgotten how close it is! I've barely gotten started *panic*

Kimi-tchi
09-06-2005, 06:23 PM
Even though i'm a girl i thoguh it would be crazy fun to go as Hayate from Pretear...so AWA should be alot of fun

Star_Angel
09-06-2005, 07:13 PM
I think this is the first con that i am actually done with costumes for it, since i only made one but still Im done! lol.
And since I'm done Im gonna help a friend finish her costume!

Tia
09-06-2005, 07:35 PM
*sigh* I've been putting this off, but I have to tell you all that I can't make AWA after all. There is a conflict with chorus, and being in it is more important. My stuff will still be on sale at the table, but I won't be there. =/ I was really looking forward to it. 'Twas a difficult choice, but it had to be made.

hentaigirl82
09-06-2005, 07:53 PM
:waaaah: Oh Tia I was so looking forward to meeting you, I will comin to your table still.

*sigh* I've been putting this off, but I have to tell you all that I can't make AWA after all. There is a conflict with chorus, and being in it is more important. My stuff will still be on sale at the table, but I won't be there. =/ I was really looking forward to it. 'Twas a difficult choice, but it had to be made.

Dizfunktional
09-06-2005, 08:26 PM
I'll be going as Osaka for most of Friday, Queen Elizabeth for the Time Traveler's Ball, Vash for most of Saturday then I may change into my Yukino Miyazawa costume later that night, then Paine on Sunday.

*squee* I'm so excited! It was a lot of fun last year so this year I'm sure it'll be a blast!
Oh God! You rock hardcore! I was a femmVash last year at AWA.

I'm also a hardcore Kare Kano Fan <3
And Osaka is the greatest <3

Look for a crazy Charlotte (VHD) in her wedding dress :B We can babble Trigun, Kare Kano, and Azu Manga Daioh nonsense.

Monicator
09-07-2005, 09:14 AM
Im planning on going to Anime Weekend Atlanta as my Cyrax...its all I have right now. More costumes are planned for the future as soon as I get more money, supplies, and time to make them. Next year I should have more costumes ^_^

Nightmare
09-07-2005, 10:08 AM
I hear you there man. Damn money!!! I have tons of costumes planned, but as of right now, I can't get started on them due to money. Hope to see ya there man, I like Cyrax, one of the few characters I could play as.

Chiki
09-07-2005, 01:56 PM
I can't wait, I definately need AWA to pull me out of general angst (dog death, friend conflicts, parent fights, math) I still need to even START my costume though, I have the fabric and pattern, thats as far as I've gotten.

Miss Vash
09-07-2005, 07:30 PM
Oh God! You rock hardcore! I was a femmVash last year at AWA.

I'm also a hardcore Kare Kano Fan <3
And Osaka is the greatest <3

Look for a crazy Charlotte (VHD) in her wedding dress :B We can babble Trigun, Kare Kano, and Azu Manga Daioh nonsense.
^_^

There's supposed to be a big Trigun meet-up on Saturday. My friend Nicole is going as Wolfwood, her boyfriend is going as Millie, Robert is going as Meryl, and Jessica is going as Knives.

It all started off with me & Nicole & just grew into this huge crossplay Trigun group. ^_^ It's great! I'll be the femme Vash in the business suit type thingy, say hello if you see me!

Cy_
09-08-2005, 08:00 PM
I hear you there man. Damn money!!! I have tons of costumes planned, but as of right now, I can't get started on them due to money. Hope to see ya there man, I like Cyrax, one of the few characters I could play as.

>___> Yeah Right. You Stink >:P
See you that Friday. Definitely looking forward to it. 2 Weeks Away!

:bouncer:

Nightmare
09-08-2005, 09:49 PM

Hey fool!!! Not everyone can spend $600+ on a costume. But yes, Friday is going to be the shiznit, as well as everyone other day.

hentaigirl82
09-08-2005, 10:13 PM
Hey does anyone want to have a cosplay.com photoshoot???

Cy_
09-09-2005, 08:26 AM
Hey fool!!! Not everyone can spend $600+ on a costume. But yes, Friday is going to be the shiznit, as well as everyone other day.

3/4 of that is the cost of the plane ticket :bigcry:

Hey does anyone want to have a cosplay.com photoshoot???

That's a great idea! I'd love to take pictures of everyone :o

adrawer4ever
09-09-2005, 08:39 AM
yay, so today I found out that I'm offically, beyond a shadow of doubt going to AWA. :sunny:

photoshoot... sounds good, but where would we meet? and when?

hentaigirl82
09-09-2005, 11:06 AM
Okay thats the problem im having I wonder will friday be a good day sometime in the afternoon if it helps i can make a sign or somthing

adrawer4ever
09-09-2005, 02:29 PM
friday's good for me, though I'm not familiar with the layout of the building so a sign would be helpful. :thumbsup:

JasonMerrill
09-10-2005, 12:21 AM
Just wanted to pop my head in and say "Hi" since we are getting so close. I'm the Special Events director for AWA. That means I run the Ball, Costume Contest, Cosplay Gallery, and the Cowboy Bebop Lounge.

Feel free to ask me any questions you might have. Email is fine if you prefer, I'm not trying to hijack the thread...

A few points real quick (answers to things I found in this thread):

The Ball is Friday night, Bebop Lounge is Saturday.

Over 500 tickets presold for the Ball, much larger room this year. The room holds 800, so there will be plenty of tickets available at the door. It's being held in the Ballroom in the Cobb Galleria Convention center. We will have the wonderful String Quartet back with us. Our Rose seller and Photographer will be back as well. It's a Time Traveler's Ball, so expect everything from Waltzes to Swing (although probaby not much past that). Dress code is Black Tie as always. Cosplay encouraged, as long as it's formal.

Costume Contest Judging Saturday at 12pm, Contest at 8pm. I'm changing the Judging a bit so it should go faster. I'm assigning the Judges to look for certain things and they will be rating on a point system. Sixteen trophy categories this year, plus whatever certificates the Judges come up with. A load of prizes are on their way from various companies to go with those. Our consuite provides bottled water and snacks for the Judging.

The Cosplay Gallery (our museum style exhibt for previous Costume Contest winners) has moved to the Convention Center. We will be in room 102, next to the Art Show.

If there is anything else anyone has questions about, just let me know.

Jason

AWA Special Events Director
September 23 - 25 2005
Cobb Galleria Centre/Renaissance Waverly Hotel
cosplay@awa-con.com or awa@jasonmerrill.com
www.awa-con.com (http://www.awa-con.com)

Miss Vash
09-10-2005, 08:14 AM
Friday would be good, as long as it's before the ball.

Lucifer
09-10-2005, 08:47 AM

I know very few who spend that much on costumes. Hell I don't like spending more then $30 on mine.

Star_Angel
09-10-2005, 04:30 PM
I know very few who spend that much on costumes. Hell I don't like spending more then $30 on mine.
Yeah i know people liek that to. My mind set is it really depends on the costume and what exactly you need to worry about the prive, and theres always those lovely jo-anns cupons that save me tons of money when I use them (I always try to save as much as I can on costumes since I always do so many, lol)

Dark_Tiger
09-10-2005, 04:33 PM
I usually spend about $100 on mine, which is why I rarely do more than one major costume a year.

Prof Farnsworth
09-10-2005, 06:52 PM
I usually spend about $100 on mine, which is why I rarely do more than one major costume a year.

yeah same here, fortunately my seamstress is a family friend so both my alucard and brain guy outfits only cost me about 200 in labour

as for AWA, I wrecked my car today, possibly totaled, so I'm not sure if I can make it. ugh, i'm gonna feel this tomorrow mornin for sure :sulk:

Tia
09-10-2005, 10:42 PM
I think they may have commissioned an outfit? Depending on the costume, and what props are included, $600 may be very reasonable.

Ciarathallya
09-12-2005, 11:58 AM

wurd

Hentaigirl: Excellent idea. I'm kidnapping you for my party. :drunk:

Hinoto
09-17-2005, 12:31 PM
I sadly won't be there this year. I had to make the hard decision not to go because I am absolutely broke. You guys go and have enough fun for me!

Purple Flames
09-17-2005, 01:09 PM
6 days away! See you all Friday.

livvylove
09-18-2005, 03:15 PM
Anyone know what time the hotel check in is at the waverly? I forgot to ask when I set everything up