PDA

View Full Version : Northern Anime Festival

Mekou
01-04-2005, 07:19 PM
Who's planning on going to NAF? =) Those who went last year will remember how um...well it's hard to describe how things went. X_x Well will NOT have a repeat of such events this year. ^___^

If you have any questions feel free to bring them up. ^_^

What cosplays are people considering? =D

Michi
01-04-2005, 07:40 PM
I'm not 100%... I'll go if we have enough money after Anime Expo and if we know enough people going. ^^;; But we might rather just rest between AX and Otakon. X_X

hikarilight
01-04-2005, 08:31 PM
I'm not sure either, it depends if I can get a ride and money ^^;; However, if I do go, I'll most likely rewear something if I can't manage to do anything new or maybe make something that was suppose to be worn earlier in the year but got pushed back like Takeru.

Ochika
01-04-2005, 08:39 PM
IM GOING!!! >_> cause it it was so much fun later year XD and..because im masqurade director >_> heh...but mostly the fun part XD. last year alot of things fell apart due to lackage of helpage...BUT!! the masqurade went perfectly with no glitches asides from a crappy MC >_> bwahah. last year was our first year so we were new to the whole thing, but this year...we have experiance and are focused on making it perfect XD *dances* and if ya guys dun think you have enough money..VOLUNTEER >_> you get 50% off..get volunteer hours *thanks to use most schools will accept anime cons and volunteering.....something about promoting the japanese culture* and alot of the time all we need are people to act as security or runners >_> get myself a lil mokey to run from person A to person B XD dance mokey dance..*cough* ok im done my rant for today.

dani
01-04-2005, 08:54 PM
I suggest a new location and LOTS of advertising. I'll probably go if I feel last year experiences are being addressed.

Straywind
01-04-2005, 10:17 PM
I'm not sure either, it depends if I can get a ride and money ^^;; However, if I do go, I'll most likely rewear something if I can't manage to do anything new or maybe make something that was suppose to be worn earlier in the year but got pushed back like Takeru.

If my parents do the driving down to the con this year, I'm pretty sure (since you live nearby) we can offer you a spot in our van, Hikarilight. My parents drove me and Pan to NAF last year so it shouldn’t be a problem. (^^)

I'll be coming again. (^_^) I'm not sure which costume I'll be wearing yet. It really depends on if I manage to get all of the ones I currently have planned done in time for earlier cons. Right now I'm hoping to make and wear Yzak's ZAFT uniform to NAF. I think I have to delay that costume until the summer and it would be nice to wear it to this con.

Good luck with organizing this convention!

Mekou
01-04-2005, 10:26 PM
>> I suggest a new location and LOTS of advertising. I'll probably go if I feel last year experiences are being addressed.

It's going to be the same location this year, the college. Mostly because it's the cheapest location. WE do know of the transportation problems that people had last year, so this year we are looking into getting a bus or even the Ajax/Pickering Transit that will be able to pick people up from the Pickering Go Station and take them directly to the college. We may ben be able to have a bus running during certain times of the day to take people up where the food is. Though, we are looking into having food options open in the college.

As for advertising, we've been waiting until the new year to get started on that. But you all can help advertise about NAF by simply spreading the word. =)

Last year was a nightmare. x_X But please don't be turned off by it. This year will be so much better.

HidoshiNobunaga
01-05-2005, 05:04 AM
I might go, if I have time and money. At any rate, larger signs pointing to the con would be of great help. Me and like 15 other people got lost for a good hour last year.

dani
01-05-2005, 07:45 AM
>> I suggest a new location and LOTS of advertising. I'll probably go if I feel last year experiences are being addressed.
It's going to be the same location this year, the college.
In that case I won't be staying at the residence, which may limit my costume choices and my ability to setup shop early in the day.
Oh, well...

Mekou
01-05-2005, 08:16 AM
>> In that case I won't be staying at the residence, which may limit my costume choices and my ability to setup shop early in the day.
Oh, well...

I'm so sorry about the trouble you had last year...

But we didn't discover until after the con that it's actually strict college policy that students are to NOT disturb and discriminate against non-college events taking place in the college.

Everyone: If you are bothered by a student from the college and there is no con staff or security around you are allowed to detain him/her until a con staff or security member reaches you OR you can ask for the student's ID card and make a note of the number. The students MUST present it at request or else they are not allowed on college property.

again, I'm sorry that had to happen to a couple people at NAF last year, but people like that will alwys be nearby no matter WHERE we hold NAF. -__-;;

hikarilight
01-05-2005, 04:41 PM
If my parents do the driving down to the con this year, I'm pretty sure (since you live nearby) we can offer you a spot in our van, Hikarilight. My parents drove me and Pan to NAF last year so it shouldn’t be a problem. (^^)

I'll be coming again. (^_^) I'm not sure which costume I'll be wearing yet. It really depends on if I manage to get all of the ones I currently have planned done in time for earlier cons. Right now I'm hoping to make and wear Yzak's ZAFT uniform to NAF. I think I have to delay that costume until the summer and it would be nice to wear it to this con.

Good luck with organizing this convention!

Really *_* I appreciate it *hugs*

If I can manage, maybe I'll have a Gundam Seed costume too, probably not Lacus but maybe Cagalli since she's pretty simple and I'm starting to like her ^^

Kia
01-05-2005, 04:53 PM
Unless stuff comes up, you can count on me to be there. Is it still just a single day?

hikarilight
01-05-2005, 05:24 PM
Unless stuff comes up, you can count on me to be there. Is it still just a single day?

It is a single day, July 23 ^^

Nagii
01-06-2005, 07:46 PM
^_^ I'm going to this again, last year was a pain so I hope it's not so painish this year. I also hope students at the college will be alot nicer and more respectful then last year, cause it almost broke into a fight and really that wouldn't look good on anyone.

The mistakes and what not were good I think though. Cause you learn from them for the next time, I kinda used those mistakes and corrected them for our con.

Best of wishes in making a sucessful event!

Traxbaby
01-13-2005, 07:51 PM
What events are you offering at this con Mekou?

Amy the Yu
01-13-2005, 08:36 PM
I'll be down in Philadelphia working from May thru August (coming back after Otakon so I can make it in time for CN), but aside for the one weekend I'm gonna take off to drag my arse back for AN, I want to take some other kind of break during July that's not me locking myself in my room with the sewing machine or lounging around my b/f's house in NJ (which I'll be doing most weekends anyway).

If I end up getting let off work for a day or two around that weekend to come back to TO, I'll be coming along...and most likely volunteering since that's what I do most the time at cons. I'm real good at crowd management dealies thanks to too many years yelling at people at the swimming pools.

I figure I'll pass up the rez stay and just do GO train there and back since it's only one day. Living in rez makes me have this dislike of it...or it could be the string of crappy weather we've been getting here in Waterloo that's making me hate rez (and walking to class...ugh).

If a lot of people are going to stay in rez though, and someone's willing to share w/ me, it might be fun to stay in rez for reasons that don't involve having to go to class the next morning. XD

Ochika should get the cafeterias there to serve those "every flavoured jelly beans"...rez food often taste like that anyway...unless they need to pretend to be reasonably edible to try to attract potential future students. -_-;;

It's sad to hear that some of the Durham College students were asses. That's really not right. I do hear from one of my high school pals that goes there now that the college is full of hot guys though. That strikes me as something quite cool. =D *thinking perverted thoughs*

Kia
01-13-2005, 08:45 PM
It's sad to hear that some of the Durham College students were asses. That's really not right. I do hear from one of my high school pals that goes there now that the college is full of hot guys though. That strikes me as something quite cool. =D *thinking perverted thoughs*
Play into the anime stereotype and carry around a big bat or mallet to fwack the assholes ... I'd do it ... but I don't own one ...

Amy the Yu
01-13-2005, 08:52 PM
Play into the anime stereotype and carry around a big bat or mallet to fwack the assholes ... I'd do it ... but I don't own one ...

I'll get you one! Metal or wood, which do you prefer? =D

Don't forget we'd also all need to be slutty and scantily clad. Sex and violence...and in need of a Pikachu or Sailor Moon for the kiddie cartoons stereotype. XD

Ochika
01-13-2005, 09:01 PM
i can fill the scanky position! XD and its good to hear that you wana help out...we're in need of crowd control...well more so security and making sure people arnt in places they shouldnt be XD heh. ill probably end up using you as my lack...make you do my bidding...like from from place A to place B... i know i died a bit last year cause i had to be in once place and then another and then i need'd someone who was at the furthest possible point in the school from where i was...and i wasnt given a walky talky so i had to run there then run back..heh *slaps masqurade biotch sticker on your butt and gives thumbs up*

Kia
01-13-2005, 09:05 PM
I'll get you one! Metal or wood, which do you prefer? =D

Don't forget we'd also all need to be slutty and scantily clad. Sex and violence...and in need of a Pikachu or Sailor Moon for the kiddie cartoons stereotype. XD
:D You're on. I perfer wood ... gives them splinters ...

i can fill the scanky position! XD and its good to hear that you wana help out...we're in need of crowd control...well more so security and making sure people arnt in places they shouldnt be XD heh. ill probably end up using you as my lack...make you do my bidding...like from from place A to place B... i know i died a bit last year cause i had to be in once place and then another and then i need'd someone who was at the furthest possible point in the school from where i was...and i wasnt given a walky talky so i had to run there then run back..heh *slaps masqurad biotch stick on your butt and gives thumbs up*
I have a cell phone ... does that help at all?

Amy the Yu
01-13-2005, 09:16 PM
:D You're on. I perfer wood ... gives them splinters ...

I have a cell phone ... does that help at all?

Splinters...never even thought of that one. I'll be sure to have the weapon of choice made very haphazardly and unvarnished to ensure maximum pain and splintering.

Cell phones do work great in place of walky talkies when the need arrises. The only issue is that you have to pay for cell phone minutes, but cell phones are useful and plentiful for phone purposes too.

i can fill the scanky position! XD and its good to hear that you wana help out...we're in need of crowd control...well more so security and making sure people arnt in places they shouldnt be XD heh. ill probably end up using you as my lack...make you do my bidding...like from from place A to place B... i know i died a bit last year cause i had to be in once place and then another and then i need'd someone who was at the furthest possible point in the school from where i was...and i wasnt given a walky talky so i had to run there then run back..heh *slaps masqurade biotch sticker on your butt and gives thumbs up*

Wheee, I'm gonna be a scank's bitch. =D *feels like a dog* I shold bring my AN masq ribbon that looks oh so much like a dog show ribbon to show that even if I'm a bitch, I'm a well bred one. XD (It's also ironic that my first costume was as Menchi...who as Excel Saga fans know...is indeed a bitch.)

Mekou
01-14-2005, 01:01 AM
>> What events are you offering at this con Mekou?

A small list of confirmed events so far

- Masquerade (Ochika and I run it ^.^)
- Stepmania + tournament
- Duel Monsters tournament
- panels (though exactly what panels have yet to be discussed)
- guests (nothing confirmed yet but few are really interested in coming.)
- artist tables
- dealers

You know, the generic con stuff lol. Now that it's the new year, we'll be trying as hard as we can to get guest and events confirmed and post them on the website.

Though, I'll probably post info here before it gets on the site. ^^

Lyulf
01-14-2005, 02:17 PM
^_^ If I make it I can be the den Mother ( I mean father ) for the Masquarade again.

And I pray that bat will not be like the one in the Comic Party manga >_< the nails **shiverssss**

Mekou
02-24-2005, 02:21 PM
For those interested, I'm happy to inform about a new (and confirmed!) guest. ^_^

Scott Ramsoomair! He's the artist of the VG Cats webcoic for those who don't know. =)

</random update>

Amy the Yu
03-11-2005, 03:05 AM
I'm going to be down in Philly for pretty much the entire summer (May-August), but I'll probably nag the boss into giving me a few days off in mid-summer so I can make my way back to TO for a short visit. I would LIKE to come back on NAF weekend. That way, I get my rest time, and I get to see random people at NAF. ^^;;

I'll probably drag some random costume I'll make after Anime North either for Otakon or CN or both.

Cosplaying will be a must if I attend. The issue is whether I can get the time off (and have the extra money) for the 28 hour total that it'll take me to get to TO and back down to Philly via Greyhound. -_-;;

Yay! for new NAF forum-ness. XD

Mekou
03-11-2005, 06:22 AM
I really hope you can make it! ^___^

and I second on the yayness for the new forum. X3

heki-chan
03-11-2005, 01:31 PM
I'll be there ^_^

Is it still a Saturday-only con like last year?

Looking forward to seeing eveyone there ^_^

Mekou
03-11-2005, 02:07 PM
>> Is it still a Saturday-only con like last year?

Yes it is. ^_^ July 23rd!

hikarilight
03-11-2005, 04:49 PM
I'll most likely be there as well~ Wee~

Seed-chan
03-11-2005, 06:01 PM
I wanna come!!! Someone just drag me there? (Or call and bother me til I go XD)

Lady_Sodina
03-12-2005, 10:40 PM
I should be able to go to this, long as I can organize a ride there and back, but it shouldn't be a problem ^^" Dunno what I'm going to do for a costume yet, but I'll contemplate that AFTER AN ^^"

hikarilight
04-30-2005, 10:25 PM
NAF~ NAF~ NAF~

After Pacific mall today, it got me excited for NAF once again XD Good to know that it's a nice summer con and that it will keep me busy in July ^^ I finally decided who to cosplay as Touya from Tanemura Arina's (manga artist of Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne and Full Moon wo Sagashite) new manga, Shinshi Doumei Cross aka The Gentleman Alliance ^^

Though I was going to go as Cagalli... oh well, Touya will be more fun ^^ Plus I need a short black wig eventually, might as well get it now XD (At least I won't have to cut it...)

kels
05-01-2005, 04:52 PM
NAF~ NAF~ NAF~

After Pacific mall today, it got me excited for NAF once again XD Good to know that it's a nice summer con and that it will keep me busy in July ^^

*wants to go now too~.. wonders if ochika is going to drag me there~~*

lols.. well see if can manage to get there somehow~ but if i go i want to do something gundam seed.. <3<3 we'll see

Seed-chan
05-03-2005, 04:03 PM
I wanna go too... and help out at the masquerade! XD;;

Now if only I would get my arse up and get regged...

I'll probably go as Misa from Death Note. Yay $3 orange fishnet stockings!

Vaga Deathrose
05-06-2005, 09:40 AM
Well I don't know if I'll be making it again this year, I terribly want to go but my sister, whom I stayed with last year, is going to be moving to Germany in june so I'll not have a place to stay before & after the con date. Yes I'm the kind of dumb ass who would take a bus from Georgia way down south in the states, all the way there just for a con I loved.

Just so you all know this is Vaga... err... Tristan ^.O_o.^ The person who kept changing costumes all day. >P I wish I could make it but I'm not getting my hopes up. Think I'll have to settle on Colassal con this year instead.

I hope you guys have fun! Take pictures for me! I gotta see what goes on this year!

Mekou
05-06-2005, 01:51 PM
Vaga, I'm glad you loved it. ^o^ Hopefully you'll be able to come, ne? If not we'll be sure to take lots of pictures. ^o^

Otaking97
05-12-2005, 07:18 PM
Even though NAF was on the ouch sides of things last year I still support all the cons in the area and so will be there again of course. Besides had a great time in the video room last year! Got to watch what we wanted because we were the only ones in there! Hahahhaha. Guy running the place was great.

I hear a lot of people say they will go and then no one did. Hopefully that is not the case this year! I think I'll enter the cosplay contest at NAF because A.North is just way to big and crazy to be bothered getting involved with.

Kodoku
05-13-2005, 07:45 PM
skank-ness
sounds interesting around a collage
as my commissioned costume was made EXACTLY to the picture.....well it shows skin
(uncomfortable i might add)
hope to see you all there
MALLETS ARE FUN!

Kaido Kaoru
06-02-2005, 12:44 PM
I'd LOVE to go...but sadly alas I have no one to go with me!!!

*shuffles feet* I dun think my friends will wnna go to such a small on...but I love all cons...big and small...and I don't want to attend it alone!!!!

*runs off to cry in a random corner*

~*~kaido~*~

Mekou
06-02-2005, 02:08 PM
>> I'd LOVE to go...but sadly alas I have no one to go with me!!!

*shuffles feet* I dun think my friends will wnna go to such a small on...but I love all cons...big and small...and I don't want to attend it alone!!!!

*runs off to cry in a random corner*

Think of it as a chance to make new friends! =D It's a small cozy con so you're bound to make friends with at least 1 person. ^___^

Kaido Kaoru
06-03-2005, 12:07 AM
Think of it as a chance to make new friends! =D It's a small cozy con so you're bound to make friends with at least 1 person. ^___^

AWWWWWWWWWW *glomps their shoulder* YOUR SO SWEET TO MEEEE :waaaah: I'll prolly go...And I'll cosplay as either Kaido er Eji-kun from POT...
Now I'm REALLY getting into the Anime Otaku sence.....I mean I used to just wait around for the cons....but now my summer is JAM PACKED with anime cosplay outings!!! I'm gonna LOVEEEEE this summer!!! w00t!!!!

Hope to see you all this summer!!!!

~*~kaido~*~

TheWestWind
06-03-2005, 06:17 AM
I think I'll be going this year. I've never been there before. I'm not completely sure though, cause my B-Day is the day after - It's my 16th, you know! - but I'll try to go. If I do go it'll probably be as Uchiha Sasuke or Akira from SDK.

Yami Rurouni
06-04-2005, 03:48 PM
i'm going i'm going!!! (if i have money XS). i'll be going as Akatsuki Itachi most likely...

Nite_Chan
06-07-2005, 09:00 AM
I wanna go this year! i went last year with a friend and dressed up like domo-fangirls. It was fun ^_^

But i'm not sure if i can get a ride... :waaaah: