PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Jounin Vest

Devi Dark Wolf
01-04-2005, 11:09 PM
I just went fabric shopping today and came across this heavy green fatigue-like material. It was a mandatory purchase of three yards, so I have enough to experiment.

What I am stuck on now is what to do in making the vest. I'll be making Iruka, so it's the standard sensei vest. Many cosplayers make their vests appear puffy... how did you achieve that? Is there a sheet of stuffing or something you can sew between the fabric layers?

And also, did anyone make a pattern or did you alter an existing one? Any thoughts or ideas would help, as well as any good pictures of the front, back and sides of the vests. Thanks all.

Devi

sasuke0
01-05-2005, 04:30 PM
go to bakachan.com, the have good references

Devi Dark Wolf
01-05-2005, 08:05 PM
I just found a page of that site earlier today, but now I have the address. Thanks. ^^

Devi

Uchiha Hiro
01-05-2005, 08:24 PM
My vest turned out mad dope. A standard hunting vest pattern from any fabric store can be modded to suit you, most likely. Go take a look around, maybe get one of the people in the fabric store to suggest how to alter the pattern to your liking.

Devi Dark Wolf
01-05-2005, 08:28 PM
My vest turned out mad dope. A standard hunting vest pattern from any fabric store can be modded to suit you, most likely. Go take a look around, maybe get one of the people in the fabric store to suggest how to alter the pattern to your liking.

Good idea, I think the hunting vest pattern is better than what I have. I was planning to mod a pattern I bought for a polar fleece winter vest.

Devi

Pip_Bernadette6
02-24-2007, 09:44 PM
hello there i was wondering if anyone ehre can help me witha naruto cosplay problem i am having. My question is this i am trying to make a JouNin out fit for the mist village so i am wondering if anyone ehre has any ideas on what to use or put on the cosplay itself. thank you all for your time

Sunarry
07-09-2008, 08:44 PM
To make the vest look puffy use batting. Just go to any fabric store and ask for it you can buy it like normal fabric. There are many types and all that it really depends on is how thick you want the vest. Have fun making the vest. *Nya*

OsukaXArino
07-09-2008, 11:24 PM
for mist village i thin in the zabuza saga they have flashbacks
but for the most part its the same minus the scroll pouches, those are like further down on the vest and only two on each side, and no red swirl