PDA

View Full Version : RPGs round 2 (or 3)

KaineMaxwell
12-28-2002, 03:51 PM
Do you play RPGs once, then set them in your collection not to be played again? Or do you play them a 2nd or 3rd time through after to see different parts of the story, or play them again a few months later?

Recca-kun
12-28-2002, 04:29 PM
It really depends on the game for me. I played most of the SNES ones I had twice or more (played CT to death), but that was because they were fun and I enjoyed them. Some of the ones that are plot-heavy/philosophical i.e. Xenogears and FF7 make a lot more sense the second time through with stuff you wouldn't pick up on otherwise. ;)

psythe
12-28-2002, 04:34 PM
On yet another Xenogears run like # 4 or 5, and I STILL find stuff, or just see stuff I had forgotten that just makes me laugh. And now I will go get a snack because

MEN

HAVE COURAGE

and APPETITES!!

^^v

regarding above reference for any Xeno fans, I just finished the Thames section. :D

Sakura
01-11-2003, 10:39 PM
... And I don't stop at 3, either. I've memorized most of the RPGs that I own, and I own quite a lot @___@;; I've played FFVII so many times... ahh.

Michi
01-11-2003, 10:43 PM
Sakura -- Heh. I am also guilty playing FFVII so many times... about.. on my sixth now? O_o

RPGs are probably my favorite genre of game. I was big on gaming when I was really little, from Super Mario 1 to Sonic 3, but when I first played an RPG, I was obsessive over it. :O Soooo yeah.

Currently obsessing over Wild ARMs 3, Final Fantasy Tactics, and as said earlier, another turn through FF7. (Also got FF6 and Rayearth on hold in my SNES roms folder... le sigh, so much to play)

Whisper
01-11-2003, 11:34 PM
I try to buy RPG's I know I'll play through more than once; otherwise, I'd feel like I wasted my money. Of course, it's really hard to tell from the shelf... :p I don't want something sitting in my cabinet for years after being touched for only 100 (or so) hours. Ironically, I stopped playing all of my PSOne games when I got ahold of Wild ARMs 3 and Final Fantasy X.

KaineMaxwell
01-12-2003, 10:30 AM
I'm in th emiddle of too-many right now. Near the end of Lunar 2 (Going through Dragon's nest and finish the Star Tower), FF9 (The volcano), FFX (I forget!), Chrono Cross and a few others actively.

Zephyrs
01-12-2003, 12:22 PM
I've played through Star Ocean 2 way too many times to admit to, because of all the endings and different character interactions (and the Cave of Trials...)

FF2/4, my SNES cart is defective so it likes to DELETE ALL MY FILES randomly every now and then, so I never actually beat it until the PSX version, even though I've started a new file over 10 times - the last time I had gotten to the moon when it deleted my file GRR. adding up all the time I spent on my cart, I'm sure I could have beaten the game 4 or 5 times... grr... but you know it's a good game if you're willing to go through it again and again, ya know?

Now going through Wild Arms to catch all the links to WA3 that I missed, then back to WA3.. and after Xenosaga you bet I'll go through Xenogears again

Bell-chan
01-12-2003, 12:29 PM
Although I've never actually *finished* Final Fantasy 6.... I think I've started over so many times that I could have beat the game 3 times @_@ Most common reason was that the saves were somehow deleted.... But I love it so I don't mind having to go through it all again! Same thing with Chrono Trigger, but now I have it on PSOne, and don't have to worry about it deleting :D

tydawgsd
01-13-2003, 04:30 AM
Hmm I play most RPGs more than once. FFT is up there at about 10, I actually managed to beat the game with 6(5?) chemists. Suikoden 1-3 have all been played at least 3 times. FF4 I replayed a lot. Lets see, ah yes the BOF series, I played those all quite a few times too.