PDA

View Full Version : Anime L.A. 2005 = The Official Gathering List

Anele
01-07-2005, 03:33 PM
Now closed! Thanks everyone!
PLEASE visit the "Weather Updates" thread for an important announcement!

Alas, we begin the final countdown to Anime Los Angeles, happening in just a few weeks, from January 28th through the 30th @ at Airtel Plaza Hotel in Van Nuys, California! :bigtu: As requested by Hazel Chaz, I have stepped onboard to help out man (or wo-man XD) the helm of the gathering list. Here's how it works: once you have figured out a time for your specific cosplay gathering with your fellow cosplayers from that group, just post in this thread so that I can update the list. I'm on daily, so I may just browse the other gathering threads, too; but, just in case, please do post here. What should your post consist of? Three things: your gathering's official title/series/game/movie, the date and time you are meeting, and the gathering place (if any). To see the photos of prospective gathering places, point your browsers to: http://www.boston-baden.com/hazel/Pix/2005/pix2805.htm. The final date to get your gatherings in will be Monday, January 24th, so I can give the final list to Hazel Chaz for printage and whatnot. See you all in a few weeks!

TIMES TO KNOW:
Convention Registration --
Opens @ 10 A.M. Friday/Saturday/Sunday, Pre-Reg opens Thursday night
Costume Repair Station --
Friday/Saturday, 11 A.M. - 1 A.M. / Sunday, 11 A.M. - Closing Ceremonies
(both times next to Convention Hospitality Suite [first floor, Plaza Tower])
Masquerade --
Saturday, 7:30 P.M. @ Balboa Ballroom [Plaza Tower]
Dealer's Hall --
Friday, 12 P.M. - 6 P.M. / Saturday, 10 A.M. - 6 P.M. / Sunday, 10 A.M. - C.C.

Gathering Place #1 (http://www.boston-baden.com/hazel/Pix/p.cgi?2005+2805-2+hotel010.jpg) Gathering Place #2 (http://www.boston-baden.com/hazel/Pix/p.cgi?2005+2805-2+hotel011.jpg)
Gathering Place #2.5 (between #2 & #3) Gathering Place #3 (http://www.boston-baden.com/hazel/Pix/p.cgi?2005+2805-7+hotel017.jpg)

The Anime Los Angeles 2005 Cosplay Gathering List

Friday, January 28th
Final Fantasy VIII @ 1:00 P.M., Gathering Place #3
TRIGUN @ 2:00 P.M., Gathering Place #3
Final Fantasy X-2 @ 2:00 P.M., Gathering Place #1
CLAMP @ 4:00 P.M., Gathering Place #3
Battle Royale @ 5:00 P.M., Gathering Place #3

Saturday, January 29th
Sailor Moon Pajama Party Gathering @ 11:00 A.M., Gathering Place #1
Harry Potter @ 12:00 P.M., Gathering Place #1
Anime L.A.'s Scavenger Hunt @ 1:00 P.M., Gathering Place: Mulholland Room
Final Fantasy VII @ 2:00 P.M., Gathering Place #1
Naruto @ 3:00 P.M., Gathering Place #3
Fruits Basket @ 3:30 P.M., Gathering Place #1
IE Forums @ 4:00 P.M., Gathering Place: IE Roomblock
InuYasha @ 4:00 P.M., Gathering Place #1
Rurouni Kenshin @ 5:00 P.M., Gathering Place #1

Sunday, January 30th
Escaflowne @ 12:00 P.M., Gathering Place #2
Kimonothon (Kimono Makers) @ 12:00 P.M., Gathering Place #1
ALL Final Fantasy @ 1:00 P.M., Gathering Place #1
Kingdom Hearts @ 2:00 P.M., Gathering Place #1
Traditional Japanese Attire Gathering @ 2:30 P.M., Gathering Place #2.5

PikminLink
01-07-2005, 03:49 PM
well i know that we might be doing a Harry potter gathering, but i dont know a time yet.

Anele
01-07-2005, 04:02 PM
Just let me know when you know, Pikmin. ^^

Hazel Chaz
01-09-2005, 01:46 AM
Regarding the location of the Costume Repair Station and other rooms -- everything's on the first floor of the Plaza Tower of the hotel (at the north end of the property), the dealers and live program rooms are in the "Balboa Ballrooms" (Chandler, Sherman, Mulhollanad), and everything else is either in the foyer in front of the ballrooms, or in rooms 1001-1006 which are the very first rooms you come to as you go down the hall.

(If anyone wants to have a room party, let us know your confirmation number and we'll try to put you on the first floor too; there are more bedrooms down that hall.)

Neo_Serenity
01-09-2005, 02:53 AM
Alright, it looks like we'll have the Sailor Moon Pajama Party Gathering at 11 AM, Saturday morning, Gathering Place 1 (the brick stage). Thank you for adding us to the schedule, Anele. ^^

Anele
01-09-2005, 11:43 AM
You're very welcome, Serenity. ^^ And I also updated the locations too, per Chaz's post. (I started the "Times to Know" list yesterday afternoon; thought it would be a nice addition to the gathering list, so everyone had the idea of where everything is).

DivineSage
01-09-2005, 04:54 PM
If possible, I'd like to have the Kingdom Hearts gathering at 2:00 on Sunday. The location isn't concrete yet, but it's either #1, the brick stage, or #2 the fountain. Please let me know if you have a preference.

Anele
01-09-2005, 09:29 PM
Is that time okay with the other Kingdom Hearts cosplayers? I just want to make sure before it's added here. ^^

DivineSage
01-09-2005, 10:25 PM
As far as I'm concerned, yes. At the moment it's set for Sunday at 2:00 at the brick stage (location #1)

Anele
01-10-2005, 04:11 PM
I guess I will go ahead and add it then. Let me know if there are any changes.

DivineSage
01-13-2005, 10:21 PM
Thanks. That will be the definite time and place, unless there's some odd, supernatural twist of events.

Arin
01-15-2005, 11:09 AM
Has anyone heard anything about an Inuyasha gathering?

Evil Bishounen
01-15-2005, 12:33 PM

Nothing's been said here, at least.

Start a thread about one. *whispers* If you build it, they will come... :rolleyes:

Karisu-sama
01-15-2005, 08:15 PM
Anyone up for an Escaflowne gathering?

Kokuu
01-15-2005, 08:59 PM
How about an FFX/FFX-2 gathering? With FFX-2 being about the most cosplayed game ever, I canít be the only one.

Anele
01-15-2005, 09:18 PM
I agree with evilbishounen. I think you guys will get more of a response these remaining two weeks if you made a specific gathering thread in this forum. *nods*

And Karisu, *looks at dealers' room list* you guys are having a booth for your photography? I think I'll stop by. ^_^

chaipnai
01-16-2005, 12:54 AM
Anyone up for an Escaflowne gathering?
Yes! I would be able to, if it's not anytime from 11AM-2PM on Saturday (...Will be at 2 HP gatherings that morning and heading the Scavenger Hunt.)

chaipnai
01-16-2005, 12:57 AM
How about an FFX/FFX-2 gathering? With FFX-2 being about the most cosplayed game ever, I canít be the only one.

I wouldn't mind bringing my songstress version of Yuna along. (it's not the best, but might as well put it to use)...

If this works out, maybe a gathering on Friday or Sunday? most of the gatherings are taking place Saturday. @.@

Anele
01-16-2005, 01:11 AM
Chaipnai, I added the Scavenger Hunt to the gathering list with "TBA" just like you asked. ^_^

chaipnai
01-16-2005, 01:15 AM
I'm not sure if it was mentioned already, or if I read over it, but is there anyone interested in an ALL Final Fantasy cosplayers gathering? I would be able to be in Rinoa or Yuna songstress.

Also, anyone cosplaying FF8? I'd probably wear Rinoa one of the days (Fri or Sunday).

and off topic...

Chaipnai, I added the Scavenger Hunt to the gathering list with "TBA" just like you asked. ^_^
Thank you so much Anele. : )

inuashley
01-17-2005, 08:24 PM

Hi, my name is Ashley Parish and I am having an Inuyasha gathering at 4:00 p.m. on Saturday Jan. 29 at Gathering place #1. I will be playing as Sango, the demon slayer. If you want to contact me, my e-mail is: rurouniashley@aol.com

starlet_flower
01-17-2005, 10:14 PM
I'm not sure if it was mentioned already, or if I read over it, but is there anyone interested in an ALL Final Fantasy cosplayers gathering? I would be able to be in Rinoa or Yuna songstress.

Also, anyone cosplaying FF8? I'd probably wear Rinoa one of the days (Fri or Sunday).

yes, i am totally interested in an all-Final Fantasy gathering! i'm cosplaying from FF8, too.

Anele
01-17-2005, 11:25 PM
I'll add the InuYasha gathering down, if that is fine. Also, Saturday is pretty much filling up with gathering spots, lol. Do you guys just want to hold the all-encompassing Final Fantasy gathering next to the FFVII gathering at 2? Just an idea, that is if you wanted to have the FF gathering(s) on Saturday.

chaipnai
01-18-2005, 12:34 AM
yes, i am totally interested in an all-Final Fantasy gathering! i'm cosplaying from FF8, too.

Yay! What's a good day for you starlet_flower? I'm hoping to get gatherings on Friday or Sunday @_@, but if it's on Saturday, it's fine, like after 2 (esp if we combine with the ff7 at the 2PM timeslot.)

I was hoping to get some variation in the gathering locations... @_@.... 3 is soo beautiful!

*Hopes she doesn't have to do *too* many costume changes... is up to 4 already for Saturday!*

Anele: Hmmm.... i'd love to do Saturday at 2, but I don't know if I can bum rush to change into *Rinoa/Yuna*. I'd be heading the scavenger hunt in my 12 HP gathering clothes (unless I change after it's done and rush to the scavenger hunt). If more people are for it, I'll make sure I can make it. But what about Friday or Sunday? : / Everything else is already going on during Saturday for ALA... we need some variety XD !

Kokuu
01-18-2005, 12:39 AM
How about we make the general FF gathering on Sunday? I'm planning on going to the Naruto gathering after the scavanger hunt, and my Baralai costume (or Gunner Yuna- which ever I decide to wear) takes some time to put on. There aren't any gatherings on Sunday that I know of.

chaipnai
01-18-2005, 12:44 AM
How about we make the general FF gathering on Sunday?
I like Sunday XD!
Anytime is good!

starlet_flower
01-18-2005, 12:05 PM
I like Sunday XD!
Anytime is good!

Yeah, Sunday is fine.

Anele
01-18-2005, 12:17 PM
*nods* Just let me know what time on Sunday. Unfortunately, I do not know whether or not I'll be in FF gear on Sunday, since I don't know what time I'll be leaving the con (I pretty much have the same problem that Kokuu has with her costume taking a while to put on... and I mean a LONG while in my case, lol XD). Regardless, I'll stop by though =D. Again, just let me know what time on Sunday you guys want to hold the gathering at. ^^

Tokyo Kitty
01-18-2005, 06:32 PM
Aww...I don't think I'll be there on Sunday for the all FF Gathering ;_; I was hoping something on Sat, as long as it didn't interfere with Masquerade.

starlet_flower
01-18-2005, 06:44 PM
okay, nix what i said about sunday, because i just remembered i'll be wearing a different costume, so maybe friday?

inuashley
01-18-2005, 08:54 PM
I'll add the InuYasha gathering down, if that is fine. Also, Saturday is pretty much filling up with gathering spots, lol. Do you guys just want to hold the all-encompassing Final Fantasy gathering next to the FFVII gathering at 2? Just an idea, that is if you wanted to have the FF gathering(s) on Saturday.

If it is okay with everyone, I'd also like to make a Rurouni Kenshin gathering at 5:00p.m. on Saturday at gathering place#1 Thanks!

Anele
01-18-2005, 08:59 PM
Urm... are you making these plans with others, or are you just throwing them out here? XD

inuashley
01-18-2005, 09:36 PM
Urm... are you making these plans with others, or are you just throwing them out here? XD

I am making these plans with others.

chaipnai
01-18-2005, 10:24 PM
starlet_flower: for FF8 or all FF? I'm down for ff8 on friday!
would you be ok with gathering palce 2 or 3?
let me know what time and i can probably fit it in :D
hopefully more ff8 come... if not, it can be a mini gathering.

for the all FF gathering, besides the day/time, what location would everyone prefer? I'm guessing gathering 1 esp if there are a lot of us? I'm open to any of them.

Hazel Chaz
01-19-2005, 01:26 AM
If it is okay with everyone, I'd also like to make a Rurouni Kenshin gathering at 5:00p.m. on Saturday at gathering place#1 Thanks!

If you want pictures, you're better off going earlier in the day. By 5:00 and on, the sun's starting to go down.

starlet_flower
01-19-2005, 08:10 PM
starlet_flower: for FF8 or all FF? I'm down for ff8 on friday!
would you be ok with gathering palce 2 or 3?
let me know what time and i can probably fit it in :D
hopefully more ff8 come... if not, it can be a mini gathering.

for the all FF gathering, besides the day/time, what location would everyone prefer? I'm guessing gathering 1 esp if there are a lot of us? I'm open to any of them.

oh, FF8 on friday will be fine for me. either gathering place is fine with me. i guess i could go with the all FF gathering on Sunday. i'd have to change costumes really quick though.

chaipnai
01-19-2005, 11:20 PM
for ff8, would 12:30 or 1PM be ok??
Let's make it gathering place 3! : D

for all ff::what about 12 or 1PM.
gathering place 1 for the big group :D

I'm hoping for Sunday for Escaflowne, too O.o? no one has replied : /

starlet_flower
01-20-2005, 04:23 PM
for ff8, would 12:30 or 1PM be ok??
Let's make it gathering place 3! : D

for all ff::what about 12 or 1PM.
gathering place 1 for the big group :D

i think 1pm would be great for both. i'm okay with both gathering places.

chaipnai
01-20-2005, 04:44 PM
i think 1pm would be great for both. i'm okay with both gathering places.
Anele:
Think you can add the FF8 gathering for Friday at 1PM, Gathering Place 3?

Also, I got the confirmation for the location of the scavenger hunt... Live Programing (LP 2) Mulholland Room

All FF Gathering, anyone else ok with Sunday @ 1PM at Gathering place 1?

Anele
01-20-2005, 04:57 PM
Roger doger. *goes to update both items*

Rogue Marvel
01-21-2005, 09:15 PM
Please add the Clamp gather

Friday 4pm at gathering spot #3

Anele
01-21-2005, 11:54 PM
Will do, Ms. Marvel. CLAMP gathering added. ^^

Rogue Marvel
01-22-2005, 12:17 AM
I heard that and I was thinking "I like th sounds of that...almost sound formiler"

duh it does! Ms. Marvel is who Rogue stole her invulnerability, strangth and flight powers from. giving a whole new meaning to the name Rogue Marvel.

Dude! I've had this screen name for a few years now and I just made that conection!

I'm such a freak.

Anele
01-22-2005, 12:19 AM
Maybe I should refer to you as Ms. Rogue then? XD

SohjiroX
01-22-2005, 03:10 AM
I'll be trying to make that FF7 one, if I'm still able to get into the con.

But yeah so long as I can find the people are in it and walk with them there at that time I'll feel safer.

Rogue Marvel
01-22-2005, 01:25 PM
Ms. Marvel is awsome too

Hazel Chaz
01-22-2005, 05:43 PM
FWIW: program topic list (first draft) posted on the convention's forums: http://www.anime-la.org/anime-la/bbs/

We went to the hotel again today, and "Hazel-rah" discovered another gathering place that might be of interest for singles and pairs. Did I mention that there's lots of bamboo in the garden area? There's a place between #2 and #3 -- let's call it place #2 1/2 -- where there's room for one or two people to pose, with a thicket of bamboo behind them. Might be good for ninjas, samurais, or what have you... I'll post pictures tomorrow.

Also Lumisnow joined us, and she was pleased to see how much better the place looks like in sunlight. When I'd taken the pictures on New Year's Day, it was a fairly gloomy day; today was nice and sunny. (Thanks to everyone who's been sending good vibrations for sunshine, keep it up and we'll have nice weather for the convention!)

chaipnai
01-23-2005, 01:16 PM
Also Lumisnow joined us, and she was pleased to see how much better the place looks like in sunlight. When I'd taken the pictures on New Year's Day, it was a fairly gloomy day; today was nice and sunny. (Thanks to everyone who's been sending good vibrations for sunshine, keep it up and we'll have nice weather for the convention!)

I'd like to add that Gathering place 2 works well with smaller gathering groups (maybe 5 max?) The sun will be overhead in this location, but the hotel's buildings block it out fairly well, and it's winter, so the sun's low, too.

For gathering place 3, it's somewhat diffucult to fit a big group there, unless everyone has a place to stand on the rocks. SO make sure your group is not TOO big, or I'd suggest gathering place 1.

There are also some place inside and around the hotel that can work well if the main gathering places are too packed at certain times. Just search for them :D

Anele: *Gatherings*

Do you think you can add these gatherings?
Escaflowne, Sunday, 12PM -- gathering 2
ALL FF, Sunday, 1PM -- gathering 1
FFX2, Friday, 2PM -- gathering 1

Might as well make it final instead of waiting until it's too late... ^^

Anele
01-23-2005, 02:02 PM
*goes to update* Got it down.

And yes, my friends, the last day to submit your gatherings is TOMORROW, Monday the 24th. Be sure to get those gatherings in!

chaipnai
01-23-2005, 04:49 PM
I've posted this before on "seeking cosplayers" before ALA got a thread but...

was anyone interested in doing a gathering for traditional japanese attire? What i mean are for those who are wearing kimonos/yukatas, school uniforms, hakamas, etc...

Maybe Anele can just add it to one of the days and hopefully people turn up? (I haven't thought of what day would be best... Saturday works, but there are numerous gatherings taking place...)

mysticalchali
01-24-2005, 12:20 AM
how about a trigun gathering?

Neo_Serenity
01-24-2005, 12:43 AM
I've posted this before on "seeking cosplayers" before ALA got a thread but...

was anyone interested in doing a gathering for traditional japanese attire? What i mean are for those who are wearing kimonos/yukatas, school uniforms, hakamas, etc...

Maybe Anele can just add it to one of the days and hopefully people turn up? (I haven't thought of what day would be best... Saturday works, but there are numerous gatherings taking place...)

I'm bringing Sailor Moon's school fuku. I'm planning on wearing it on Sunday, so if the gathering could be that day, it would be great. ^^

chaipnai
01-24-2005, 12:46 AM
I'm bringing Sailor Moon's school fuku. I'm planning on wearing it on Sunday, so if the gathering could be that day, it would be great. ^^
11am, 2pm or 3pm works for me on sunday. pick and make it official : ) whichever location im up for.

Yana_Neko
01-24-2005, 01:28 AM
I suppose I can make a quick outfit change and maybe wear my Kikyo/Miko get up for the traditional Japanese attire photoshoot. Perhaps AFTER the Esca photoshoot? I'm liking anything after 1-ish.

Also, anyone interesting in an EGL gathering? Maybe Friday morning? I like Gathering Place #2 for it. Let me know, or else I may just set it up and hope people will show up. I know a few people may be interested.

Anele, dear, can you set up Battle Royale for 5 pm on Friday? Location: Gathering Place #3, just to be special? Thanks so much!

Jaina Solo
01-24-2005, 01:41 AM
Did I mention that there's lots of bamboo in the garden area? There's a place between #2 and #3 -- let's call it place #2 1/2 -- where there's room for one or two people to pose, with a thicket of bamboo behind them. Might be good for ninjas, samurais, or what have you...

Moot. That makes me very happy!

Neo_Serenity
01-24-2005, 01:44 AM
Could we do the traditional japanese gathering at 2:30 pm? We have to check out by two, and I don't want to be late to the gathering. Location 2 or 3 would be pretty. Lemme know! ^^

EDIT: what about location 2 1/2? The bamboo seems like a nice setting... ^^

Yana_Neko
01-24-2005, 02:12 AM
Oh yes, I am liking 2:30 in gathering spot # 2 1/2! Great suggestion, Neo_Serenity! That will work well. Hell, even 3 may work.

I leave it up to chaipnai at this point, since it was her idea. I'm sure she'll like location 2 1/2.

chaipnai
01-24-2005, 02:49 AM
Oh yes, I am liking 2:30 in gathering spot # 2 1/2! Great suggestion, Neo_Serenity! That will work well. Hell, even 3 may work.

2 1/2 works if it's just a few of us... if not we can always move.

Traditional Japanese attire gathering
#2 1/2
2:30
Sunday

Neo_Serenity
01-24-2005, 03:00 AM
2 1/2 works if it's just a few of us... if not we can always move.

Traditional Japanese attire gathering
#2 1/2
2:30
Sunday

Perfect! Looking forward to it. ^^

Anele
01-24-2005, 09:52 AM
Is the traditional Japanese attire gathering the only gathering I have to add thus far (got lost in the chatter, lol XD)?

Yana_Neko
01-24-2005, 03:50 PM
Is the traditional Japanese attire gathering the only gathering I have to add thus far (got lost in the chatter, lol XD)?

Also, Battle Royale on Friday at 5 pm, in Location #3. Thanks ^_^

mysticalchali
01-24-2005, 04:12 PM
Trigun friday at 2:00pm

Anele
01-24-2005, 06:27 PM
Will add both. Thanks, you two. ^_^ Edit: I put TRIGUN down, but I need a location. Thanks!

Arin
01-24-2005, 06:55 PM
Hi, my name is Ashley Parish and I am having an Inuyasha gathering at 4:00 p.m. on Saturday Jan. 29 at Gathering place #1. I will be playing as Sango, the demon slayer. If you want to contact me, my e-mail is: rurouniashley@aol.com

I won't be able to make it then..... I have to be at work by four, but I'll be back the con at 10:30pm or so because I'm staying at the hotel. Are there any other Inuyasha gatherings going on? I'd like to meet up with other Inuyasha cosplayers. Too bad it couldn't be on Friday.....

Edit: I may be able to get Sat and Sun off, I hope to find out by tomorrow.....

Anele
01-24-2005, 07:55 PM
Because there seems to be a rash outbreak of gathering threads today, struggling to get something in before the list closes, I will be extending the deadline to: tomorrow, Tuesday the 25th @ 6 P.M. Hopefully this helps those in need. ^^

Hazel Chaz
01-25-2005, 04:00 AM
Can we add:

Kimonothon group shot, noon Sunday, gathering place #1?

The kimono workshop will be 10am to noon, right on the other side of the glass wall from place #1. Moving outside to show off what we just made sounds like a cool idea to me.

Chaz

Anele
01-25-2005, 09:41 AM
Added, Mr. Chaz. And I see that on the Trigun thread, the gathering place is spot #3. I'll go ahead and update that as well.

Arin
01-25-2005, 07:15 PM
Yay! I'm making it all three days! I ended up giving my notice at work, so it all worked out for the best. It just wasn't worth the stress to have to choose between school and work. To me, there wasn't really a choice to be made. So yeah.... I'll see you all there!

Marychan
01-25-2005, 07:56 PM
Well.......okay can I please request a Fruits Basket gathering on Saturaday at 3:30, Gathering place 1.

I probably will be the only cosplayer there, but I will keep my hopes up and try to find other Furuba cosplayer at the con. See you all there.

Hazel Chaz
01-25-2005, 08:02 PM
Also, Battle Royale on Friday at 5 pm, in Location #3. Thanks ^_^

Are you sure about that? This is still winter, and you'll be losing your light. It's 5:00 as I post this, and it's definitely dusk out there.

Rogue Marvel
01-25-2005, 08:07 PM
you can still do a good BR gathering at night

Anele
01-25-2005, 08:49 PM
I'll add the Fruits Basket gathering. Less than half an hour to go, everyone!

Beat Takeshi
01-26-2005, 07:49 PM
Can we have the Gathering title next to Battle Royale Gathering? We'd like to see if anyone shows up last minute. Give 'em a chance to join in even if it's only two of us so far. Thanks.

Jaina Solo
01-26-2005, 09:20 PM
The kimono workshop will be 10am to noon, right on the other side of the glass wall from place #1.
Wow. If you can get a kimono done in two hours... That's really impressive. I mean, they aren't that hard to put together... But they can get a bit technical. Woo-wee!

Firestar
01-30-2005, 05:47 AM
Now closed! Thanks everyone!
PLEASE visit the "Weather Updates" thread for an important announcement!

Alas, we begin the final countdown to Anime Los Angeles, happening in just a few weeks, from January 28th through the 30th @ at Airtel Plaza Hotel in Van Nuys, California! :bigtu: As requested by Hazel Chaz, I have stepped onboard to help out man (or wo-man XD) the helm of the gathering list. Here's how it works: once you have figured out a time for your specific cosplay gathering with your fellow cosplayers from that group, just post in this thread so that I can update the list. I'm on daily, so I may just browse the other gathering threads, too; but, just in case, please do post here. What should your post consist of? Three things: your gathering's official title/series/game/movie, the date and time you are meeting, and the gathering place (if any). To see the photos of prospective gathering places, point your browsers to: http://www.boston-baden.com/hazel/Pix/2005/pix2805.htm. The final date to get your gatherings in will be Monday, January 24th, so I can give the final list to Hazel Chaz for printage and whatnot. See you all in a few weeks!

TIMES TO KNOW:
Convention Registration --
Opens @ 10 A.M. Friday/Saturday/Sunday, Pre-Reg opens Thursday night
Costume Repair Station --
Friday/Saturday, 11 A.M. - 1 A.M. / Sunday, 11 A.M. - Closing Ceremonies
(both times next to Convention Hospitality Suite [first floor, Plaza Tower])
Masquerade --
Saturday, 7:30 P.M. @ Balboa Ballroom [Plaza Tower]
Dealer's Hall --
Friday, 12 P.M. - 6 P.M. / Saturday, 10 A.M. - 6 P.M. / Sunday, 10 A.M. - C.C.

Gathering Place #1 (http://www.boston-baden.com/hazel/Pix/p.cgi?2005+2805-2+hotel010.jpg) Gathering Place #2 (http://www.boston-baden.com/hazel/Pix/p.cgi?2005+2805-2+hotel011.jpg)
Gathering Place #2.5 (between #2 & #3) Gathering Place #3 (http://www.boston-baden.com/hazel/Pix/p.cgi?2005+2805-7+hotel017.jpg)

The Anime Los Angeles 2005 Cosplay Gathering List

Friday, January 28th
Final Fantasy VIII @ 1:00 P.M., Gathering Place #3
TRIGUN @ 2:00 P.M., Gathering Place #3
Final Fantasy X-2 @ 2:00 P.M., Gathering Place #1
CLAMP @ 4:00 P.M., Gathering Place #3
Battle Royale @ 5:00 P.M., Gathering Place #3

Saturday, January 29th
Sailor Moon Pajama Party Gathering @ 11:00 A.M., Gathering Place #1
Harry Potter @ 12:00 P.M., Gathering Place #1
Anime L.A.'s Scavenger Hunt @ 1:00 P.M., Gathering Place: Mulholland Room
Final Fantasy VII @ 2:00 P.M., Gathering Place #1
Naruto @ 3:00 P.M., Gathering Place #3
Fruits Basket @ 3:30 P.M., Gathering Place #1
IE Forums @ 4:00 P.M., Gathering Place: IE Roomblock
InuYasha @ 4:00 P.M., Gathering Place #1
Rurouni Kenshin @ 5:00 P.M., Gathering Place #1

Sunday, January 30th
Escaflowne @ 12:00 P.M., Gathering Place #2
Kimonothon (Kimono Makers) @ 12:00 P.M., Gathering Place #1
ALL Final Fantasy @ 1:00 P.M., Gathering Place #1
Kingdom Hearts @ 2:00 P.M., Gathering Place #1
Traditional Japanese Attire Gathering @ 2:30 P.M., Gathering Place #2.5

Haha, cool, I'll be @ the all Final Fantasy one on Sunday if I cosplay Rikku (which I probably will if I can find the costume)

Jopko
01-30-2005, 10:31 PM
What happened to Sunday's gatherings? the ALL FF never really...took place o_o; ^_^;;

Yeah that rather irritated me...I got changed back into my Rikku costume for the gathering and it never really happened.....I give up on gatherings...-_-

chaipnai
01-30-2005, 10:48 PM
Yeah that rather irritated me...I got changed back into my Rikku costume for the gathering and it never really happened.....I give up on gatherings...-_-
yah. I changed from hitomi to Rinoa for it. I wasn't sure what the time was when I did. I think I took a pic with you, Rikku. Oh well.. next time around.

Anele
01-30-2005, 10:57 PM
Did 'any' gatherings happen on Sunday? I really didn't see any... o_O

chaipnai
01-30-2005, 10:58 PM
escaflowne did! but as for the other two i meant to be at.... all ff and traditional uniform... : /

Anele
01-30-2005, 11:05 PM
Ah yes, I remember seeing Karisu walking around in her Escaflowne costume. Oh well... at least that happened for you. ^^;; So windy though...

Jopko
01-30-2005, 11:20 PM
yah. I changed from hitomi to Rinoa for it. I wasn't sure what the time was when I did. I think I took a pic with you, Rikku. Oh well.. next time around.

Yes you did! And then we took one with Leon. lol. Can't wait to see those pics. Weee! ^_^

chaipnai
01-30-2005, 11:54 PM
Ah yes, I remember seeing Karisu walking around in her Escaflowne costume. Oh well... at least that happened for you. ^^;; So windy though...
yes it was windy... my skirt @_@.... I didn't get the chance to say hello to you.... maybe at the ff8 gathering at fanime! : )

Yes you did! And then we took one with Leon. lol. Can't wait to see those pics. Weee! ^_^
Glad you like the pics. : ) We shall do more fun ones next time!

Arin
01-31-2005, 12:12 PM
I was disappointed that nobody showed up for the Inuyasha gathering. I cosplayed as Kagome, you probably saw me wandering around the halls carrying my bow and arrows and toting a yellow backpack

Rogue Marvel
01-31-2005, 01:05 PM
Sorry to anyone for not being there for a clamp gathering. It was just too wet for me to bring our my sakura costume friday.

Hazel Chaz
02-01-2005, 04:51 PM
What did you guys think of the gathering places? I saw a lot of action at #1 and #3, but was #2 any good (the fountain)?