PDA

View Full Version : General A-Kon 16 Thread

MarzGurl
01-07-2005, 05:40 PM
Hi, all! All the other threads seemed too focused in one general direction, you know? Sometimes you NEED a really broad thread! So here I am to save the day.

A-Kon 15 was awesome for me (aside from being chased around by a stalker... :untrust: ). It's where I first started becoming dedicated to filming conventions, and I love catching every last piece of entertainment I can get! I wanna know who's showing, and if you're showing, I wanna catch you on camera (with your permission, of course :thumbsup: )!

Scortia
01-07-2005, 09:49 PM
Whoot, your film of Oni-con was great, can't wait to see A-kon 16's as well. ;p I'll probably be there as Amano-version Rydia of FFIV, Clarinet of Violinist of Hameln, and Merveilles Yu~ki of Malice Mizer.... unsure about the others because it's so far in the future though. ;p Hope to run into you there. ^^

MarzGurl
01-07-2005, 09:53 PM
Hee hee, much thanks, I hope that with each con this year the material just gets better and better! And Rydia? Well, that's just plain awesome. Definately something I wanna see for myself! I'm already excited!

Digital Blush
01-07-2005, 10:34 PM
Ahh, i've been wanting to see your tape on A-kon 15. anyway i hope to see you at akon 16! i might be going to kamikazecon with my anime club (which i hope we raise enough money T_T and our sponser doesnt like say 'oh we dont have a way up there' i would cry) lol hope to run into you there. you just look at my sig to see who i'm cosplaying as. :P

MarzGurl
01-07-2005, 10:37 PM
The A-Kon 15 video (more appropriately titled "Otaku Trip to A-Kon 15") is available on my web site (either visit the banner below or click on my NEW link HERE - http://www.marzgurlproductions.com). Wicked fun stuff. All that is the reason why I'm glad to say I'm going back for more fun this year. Can't wait to see you there, too!

PirateKitty
01-08-2005, 08:27 PM
Whoot, your film of Oni-con was great, can't wait to see A-kon 16's as well. ;p I'll probably be there as Amano-version Rydia of FFIV, Clarinet of Violinist of Hameln, and Merveilles Yu~ki of Malice Mizer.... unsure about the others because it's so far in the future though. ;p Hope to run into you there. ^^

My friend Tracy isn't the sort to glomp people, but she'll be hard pressed to resist a Clarinet. He's been her favorite since we got into anime/cosplay. Squee! I can't wait to see you there. :) (We'll be the Alice in Wonderland group ^^)

Digital Blush
01-08-2005, 09:34 PM
PirateKitty: thats gonna be cute! are you gonna be alice? :B

PirateKitty
01-08-2005, 11:15 PM
Nooo- actually our Alice is only tentaive at this point. ^.^;; I'll be playing the White Rabbit, and will be making a Mad Hatter costume for my boyfriend.

SolarVortex
01-09-2005, 02:41 AM
I am very very excited and looking forward to Akon-16. Unfortantly, I still have yet to even pick what to do, let alone- start working on it or even find anyone who will group with me on it. I guess I will just have to wait to see whats happening.

Digital Blush
01-09-2005, 03:56 AM
I am very very excited and looking forward to Akon-16. Unfortantly, I still have yet to even pick what to do, let alone- start working on it or even find anyone who will group with me on it. I guess I will just have to wait to see whats happening.

if you end up doing tsukasa i'll hang out with you while i'm shugo :D .hackers unite @_@ :puts bracelet up to staff!!, sparklie noises!:

the only vash
01-09-2005, 08:40 AM
If all goes according to plan, my brother and I should be doing Itachi and Kisame from Naruto. I already have the prop built for Kisame, which I will be doing. I just think it will look kind of weird cause I am almost a whole foot taller than my brother. Hehe. Well anyway, hope to see you all there. Laters.

Megun_chan
01-09-2005, 08:50 AM
Unless something happens I'm going to be going as Ayumi Hamasaki in her "Kanariya" music video outfit on Friday, the Digimon Kaizer on Saturday, and on Sunday I'm going to be Faust VIII from Shaman King. Which might or might not work, depending on if I have enough time to get THAT costume finished.

Digital Blush
01-09-2005, 08:27 PM
If all goes according to plan, my brother and I should be doing Itachi and Kisame from Naruto. I already have the prop built for Kisame, which I will be doing. I just think it will look kind of weird cause I am almost a whole foot taller than my brother. Hehe. Well anyway, hope to see you all there. Laters.

ahh you are gonnabe kisame or you brother? and also when are you all gonna be them? XD my friend jenni and me are trying to round up as many akatsuki's as we can for saturday. jenni is gonn a be kyuubi naruto and i'll be full body curse sasuke. though we're gonna be with two itachi's so far and a possible kisame(we're not sure about him) but it would be awesome if you two could join up with us.

KonohaGirl
01-09-2005, 09:35 PM
Yay, I finally found people cosplaying Naruto people! I'm going as Temari and my cousin is going as Gaara on Friday and Saturday hopefully, and my friend is going as Kankuro one of the two days. This will only be my third year at A-kon and my first year at Cosplaying. I hope I meet some of you there ^^.

Digital Blush
01-09-2005, 11:14 PM
Yay, I finally found people cosplaying Naruto people! I'm going as Temari and my cousin is going as Gaara on Friday and Saturday hopefully, and my friend is going as Kankuro one of the two days. This will only be my third year at A-kon and my first year at Cosplaying. I hope I meet some of you there ^^.

It'll be my third year at akon as well. hope to see you there. we'll be cosplaying as naruto peoples on saturday too.

SchizoIori
01-10-2005, 01:24 AM
Yay for the Naruto people. I can't wait to meet everybody. I'm going to be ANBU Itachi and Akatsuki Itachi. 4th year at AKON for me and I'm so excited about meeting all the Naruto cosplayers I can so we can all take pictures.

the only vash
01-10-2005, 02:42 AM
ahh you are gonnabe kisame or you brother? and also when are you all gonna be them? XD my friend jenni and me are trying to round up as many akatsuki's as we can for saturday. jenni is gonn a be kyuubi naruto and i'll be full body curse sasuke. though we're gonna be with two itachi's so far and a possible kisame(we're not sure about him) but it would be awesome if you two could join up with us.

hey, sorry for not answering back sooner, i had few things i had to take care of out of town. well to answer your question, i will be doing kisame. im not sure if it would look right seeing as im a little over 6'2". hehe. but if we see you guys there, we will be more than happy to join up with you guys. i will let you know later on if it will be a sure thing or not. more than likely it will be a sure thing.

Digital Blush
01-10-2005, 03:06 AM
hey, sorry for not answering back sooner, i had few things i had to take care of out of town. well to answer your question, i will be doing kisame. im not sure if it would look right seeing as im a little over 6'2". hehe. but if we see you guys there, we will be more than happy to join up with you guys. i will let you know later on if it will be a sure thing or not. more than likely it will be a sure thing.

yay neat! well our itachi is about 5'7" lol and i'm about 5'4" so i'm a short sasuke.. just about right i suppose. hehe. the kyuubi naruto is i think 5'3" or so yeah. maybe i'll talk to you online later. you can contact me on AIM/AOL.

ChibiKakashi
01-10-2005, 05:16 PM
all this naruto cosplay heh ^^ i'm planning on dressing as Kakashi... but not sure if I'll just dress up on Friday or if I'll try and be Auron half of Sat and then change back into Kakashi... cause I was kakashi like... 100% of A-Kon last year! But I wanna make a better Kakashi this year... I'm hoping to take a photo shoot thingie with some other Final Fantasy cosplayers but in all honesty... I think I would have more fun cosplaying as kakashi heh ^^ plus I won't have that HUGE sword to carry around x.x heh... I want to cosplay as Auron but I also don't wanna hurt anyone... *hides* I'm very VERY accident prone x.x btw!!!

i can't WAIT to see these costumes OO and this will be my second A-Kon AND my friends and I are staying in the hotel this time ^^; i don't wanna miss the concerts again ... *cries*!!!

So yeah... I'm planing for Kakashi on Friday and Auron Saturday but not all of Saturday... just maybe for the photoshoot thing ^^

--chibikakashi
er... hopefully my Auron costume will be okay though ^^; still not done with it yet...

Asmaria
01-17-2005, 07:11 PM
Ohnoes! A Clarinet? And I won't be starting a Flute costume until Animefest! I almost misread that as Coronet. *dies* I think I'm a little paranoid. >_> <_<;; (don't like her XD )

I'm gonna be Adol Christian from Ys, and Genis Sage from Tales of Symphonia. It's -possible- I may be Red Butler from Rainbow Brite too, if I have the time/money.

Scortia
01-17-2005, 07:37 PM
Ohnoes! A Clarinet? And I won't be starting a Flute costume until Animefest! I almost misread that as Coronet. *dies* I think I'm a little paranoid. >_> <_<;; (don't like her XD )

Awwwww she isn't so bad in the manga at least. ;p Sorry you won't have your Flute for A-kon, because I know there'll certainly be a lack of Violinist of Hameln cosplayers there. ^^;

Anna
01-18-2005, 10:36 AM
I am going to be so busy Saturday XD. I'm going to spend most of the day just taking pictures and handing out flyers but I bet by the time the cosplay event starts my Yuna hair is going to be all screwd up (it has a rep for doing that) . And my friends hair and make-up as well, which I'll proably end up fixing . A good portion of my middle-school's Anime club is coming and were all assigned to carry cetain things. I got the first aid kit , Dom's gurl has the glue gun ,and Kibo no Hikari has the aspirin and tums XD. I hope the first-timers that are coming with me won't cling to me the whole time. THAT would be annoying.

Asmaria
01-18-2005, 12:46 PM
Awwwww she isn't so bad in the manga at least. ;p Sorry you won't have your Flute for A-kon, because I know there'll certainly be a lack of Violinist of Hameln cosplayers there. ^^;

Oh, but I haven't seen more than two episodes of the anime XD I've read to volume 10 of the manga. Gomen!

Maybe if I'm lucky I could squeeze it in there, but it's just a 'wait and see' thing at the moment.

KonohaGirl
01-23-2005, 12:21 AM
Wow, I haven't been on for some time, sorry I couldn't reply to all the wonderful Naruto comments ^^! I hope to see everyone there, and maybe this year I'll actually talk to some people (I didn't fit in since I was one of those "people who wore the Leaf headbands so they can try to fit in" groupies). Hah! But this year I will actually be Temari! And I promise I'm not as weird as I make myself out to be ><! But my costume is progressing, I just bought the biggest dang fan I've ever seen in my life! It's about 4 ft. by 10 ft. if not more, or so it seems.

Asmaria
01-24-2005, 12:48 PM
It seems like my friend has managed to convince me to make a Flute costume for A-kon after all. Because he wants to pay me to make him a Hamel costume. So I guess that's that! o_o (cuz if I get paid to make his, I can afford mine! yay!) Whee~! *drowns in her costumes*

Scortia
01-24-2005, 02:49 PM
Asmaria: lol it's a small world.... I think you can blame me for the costume overload.... if your friend is who I think he is, I ran into him at Ushicon and was talking about doing a massive Hameln group... because I'm currently working on convincing some people to cosplay as Raiel, Trom, and Bass-Lute... heh possibly more as well if I can draw friends into the series before A-kon.

Asmaria
01-24-2005, 05:41 PM
Was he the Havoc/Roy named Nick? (he had blonde hair on Friday, but black on Saturday)

And dude, this'll be so awesome if you can convince them all! *_*

Scortia
01-24-2005, 07:11 PM
Yep, 'tis him. ^_^

Tenya Muyo
01-27-2005, 01:21 PM
Wow, so many Naruto cosplayers........ guess i can't avoid it anymore. ^_^; *jumps on bandwagon* I'm cosplaying from Naruto too!!! Ok, truthfully i've been meaning to do something from Naruto, but other costumes kept taking over (*glares* Edward, stop trying to take all the glory, chibi chibi!!!). Well anyway, expect a Shikamaru for Friday, Sunday will prolly be something easy and comfy like Killua from HunterXHunter. Saturday is reserved for something i've been putting off for over a year now, but if all goes well it should be well worth it! Wanna hint: Think Guilty Gear XX, now think of a ccertain character with wings................*sneaks off*

MarzGurl
01-27-2005, 01:25 PM
Hee hee, what with the billion-and-one Naruto cosplay entries at Ushicon... I think I have enough time to recover before A-Kon. :thumbsup:

Fallen)x(Angel
01-27-2005, 05:17 PM
Fwee! (Don't know what exactly brought that up, but...)

3 of my friends wanted to have a Naruto group, but I'm overworking myself so we called it off. But darn, I was going to crossplay kakashi too!! *ticked*

I honestly think I'm bringing to many for a twelve year old, so here goes.

Rei plugsuit with possible Asuka plugsuit, Misato, and Asuka school uniform
Songstress Yuna (The Return of the Singer)
Tifa
Kikyo (Yay! Walking clay pots!)
Ceres (Even though I won't actually be in it..)

((MY AIM IS BROKEN! HOW CAN I BUG MARZGURL NOW??!!!? *cry*))

MarzGurl
01-27-2005, 05:23 PM
Fwee! (Don't know what exactly brought that up, but...)

3 of my friends wanted to have a Naruto group, but I'm overworking myself so we called it off. But darn, I was going to crossplay kakashi too!! *ticked*

I honestly think I'm bringing to many for a twelve year old, so here goes.

Rei plugsuit with possible Asuka plugsuit, Misato, and Asuka school uniform
Songstress Yuna (The Return of the Singer)
Tifa
Kikyo (Yay! Walking clay pots!)
Ceres (Even though I won't actually be in it..)

((MY AIM IS BROKEN! HOW CAN I BUG MARZGURL NOW??!!!? *cry*))
O_o If your arm is broken, how are you here on the forums? o_O

Fallen)x(Angel
01-27-2005, 05:34 PM
O_o If your arm is broken, how are you here on the forums? o_O

my AIM you lousy old mitwit! x_x

MarzGurl
01-27-2005, 05:49 PM
Well, I obviously can't read English. My mistake.

Fallen)x(Angel
01-27-2005, 07:53 PM
Well, I obviously can't read English. My mistake.

*sigh* You're to old for your own good...

Anna
02-04-2005, 06:10 PM
My friends are wondering if they would get in trouble for bringing a peeler (the things you use to peel fruit and potatoes) to the con for their lunchs.

Mitchi
02-04-2005, 07:31 PM
My friends are wondering if they would get in trouble for bringing a peeler (the things you use to peel fruit and potatoes) to the con for their lunchs.

I wouldn't know, but wouldnt it be easier to peel whatever before hand? x_x

Anna
02-04-2005, 07:36 PM
They say it'd get all smooshed.

Mitchi
02-04-2005, 07:37 PM
what is "it" anyways?

Meh, all i care about is whether or not my waffles would taste good cold ;-;

Anna
02-04-2005, 07:50 PM
I have no idea o_o. It's a fruit. proabably the kind of oranges that are really hard to peel. (god this is random XD )

Mitchi
02-04-2005, 07:56 PM
(yes...yes it is random)

It might work if they put them in plastic bowls like gladware or something. taht way it's harder for them to get smooshes, and they're "leavable" so there's no harm if you accidentally forget where you left one fo the bowl things.

So many Naruto cosplayers...not enough .hack ones....;o;