PDA

View Full Version : Anime Vegas - October 28-30, 2005

MarzGurl
01-07-2005, 04:57 PM
Just thought I'd start a new thread for the 2005 convention. This will be my very first out-of-state convention! Awesome! Of course... it could also be very scary for me... :eek: Anyone else gonna be there to ease my worries? ^_^;

Tenshi
01-07-2005, 06:21 PM
What an early thread! We're still in the planning stages, but hopefully we'll have some more info and a new webpage in the near future! Expect a much bigger and better costume contest this year ^^.

MarzGurl
01-07-2005, 06:23 PM
Hee hee, I like to start my hype early enough. On top of that, I'm simply thrilled to be able to go out of state for once! Hooray!

chaipnai
01-09-2005, 08:59 PM
It'll be my first out of state, too.
I plan on going, but not definate yet.

MarzGurl
01-09-2005, 09:03 PM
Actually, now that I think about it, the 3rd is a Saturday and the 5th is a Monday. Are... these dates right? O_o

Tenshi
01-09-2005, 09:26 PM
They're right -- Anime Vegas is held on Labor Day Weekend ^_^.

MarzGurl
01-09-2005, 09:28 PM
Ah, well, that would make sense.

hana_chan
01-10-2005, 03:13 PM
i think i might be able to go.

my parrents love going to las vegas, plus an anime con.... everyones happy

JoeBoeing
01-10-2005, 04:18 PM
I'm going! This is my 1st out of state con as well.

I'm hoping to premiere my Junpei from Digimon once I figure out how to make the blasted shoes.

I might remake my Whitemage for this con and I should have Adol from Y's done by then.

This con looks like fun.

FRom,
Joe

anime_firelight
01-10-2005, 04:26 PM
I hope to meet some of you guys there.... gosh this thread is really early ~^_^~. My first out of state con will be AX in California. lol I'm absolutely going to attend Anime Vegas (If I'm still alive, that is). I'm a locale, so it shouldn't be too difficult for me to get to Cashman Center.

Will this con be a bit bigger than last year? I haven't seen the attendance on the first day. I actually went on the last day of the con T^T, so I pretty much missed most of it. I'll opt to go on the first day this time around.

Tenshi
01-10-2005, 08:52 PM
anime firelight, you missed Saturday, which was CRAZY. I think we were between 600 and 700 people on just that day! I know that doesn't sound like a lot, but since we were in only two rooms, believe me, it was X_x.

But to answer your question -- yes, it will be bigger, it will be better, and there will be MORE SPACE! Hopefully we'll have more info soon!

chaipnai
01-10-2005, 09:01 PM
anime_firelight >> will u be wearing rinoa? haha, i have a rinoa (which will hopefully be fixed by av)... maybe we can do an ff8 gathering? Possibly I'd have an Ellone done, too.

Natchan
01-11-2005, 09:56 PM
I went to this last year and its suposed to be a whole lot bigger this year. I am way excited I live in St.george utah so its only and hour and a half away. So you guys there. ;)

Tenshi
01-12-2005, 02:24 PM
Natchan, were you one of the people that came on the bus? We were so shocked that an entire BUS of people from St George came all the way to our convention! *_*

Natchan
01-12-2005, 07:49 PM
Yes, I was on that bus, along with my friend missrelena. I was dressed up as Relean Peacecraft in her really pretty coat, and my friend (missrelena) went as Miss Kaouru in her kimono. You didn't perchance see us... did you? Oh and who were you dressed up as?! It so cool talking to people that have gone to the same events I have. ;)

Tenshi
01-12-2005, 09:31 PM
You guys were there on Monday, right? I was Edward that day (the person with the blonde wig and blue lipstick and the cape). I think my bf took a picture of you, but it didn't turn out well (none of my pictures did because my old camera was a piece of doodoo and I didn't know how to work my film camera properly ^^;; ).

dark_mousy
02-04-2005, 04:04 PM
Yay! Anime Vegas, I can't wait! I went last year for all three days and it was a total blast. It was absolutly amazing for a first year convention! <3 And if it's going to be bigger and better. Gah I can't even imagine. ^^ I'll be attending, so I'll see you all there!

chaipnai
02-04-2005, 04:13 PM
How are the photo opps at AV? Are there good places for pics, or is it just plain?

Tenshi
02-04-2005, 06:41 PM
The stairs near the entrance last year were a nice spot. Lots of potted plants and other goodness. The outside is not so good -- there's a parking lot and little else. But you've given me an idea -- I think I'll talk to the con chair and see if we can set up a room with a good backdrop and lights and all that stuff. I know how frustrating it can be to have no good photo spots.

jinnai
02-05-2005, 04:36 PM
I'll be back to spin tunes!

MarzGurl
02-05-2005, 09:26 PM
w00t! Of course you are.

jinnai
02-06-2005, 06:22 AM
You're coming to the con because you miss me...awww XD!

MarzGurl
02-06-2005, 12:22 PM
You're coming to the con because you miss me...awww XD!

What's wrong with that? ~_^
:love: :) :thumbsup: :bigtu: :heart: :square: :dance: :chatah: :p

jinnai
02-06-2005, 04:31 PM
^_^ hehe i knew it!

jinnai
02-07-2005, 01:16 AM
Hey, for this year....if there's someone who can hook it up with lighting and speakers....who's up for a DANCE/RAVE event?

chaipnai
02-07-2005, 07:25 PM
Hey, for this year....if there's someone who can hook it up with lighting and speakers....who's up for a DANCE/RAVE event?
I am! XD as long and the music is good to move too, I'm up for it!

jinnai
02-07-2005, 08:17 PM
I did spin at fanime 2002 and 2003.

If it doesnt happen this year at AV, no worries...i was having fun spinning at the dealers room last year anyways!

MarzGurl
02-07-2005, 10:55 PM
Dance on dealer's tables! XD

rcstott
02-10-2005, 04:56 PM
The stairs near the entrance last year were a nice spot. Lots of potted plants and other goodness. The outside is not so good -- there's a parking lot and little else. But you've given me an idea -- I think I'll talk to the con chair and see if we can set up a room with a good backdrop and lights and all that stuff. I know how frustrating it can be to have no good photo spots.

Not so many good spots for pictures, maybe a backdrop in the Staff room would do for pictures or in the exhibit hall somewhere. Let me know what is needed. So much to do and so few days left to do it.

OoTLink
02-10-2005, 08:04 PM
I did spin at fanime 2002 and 2003.

If it doesnt happen this year at AV, no worries...i was having fun spinning at the dealers room last year anyways!

Awesome, mixing! I still have this convention marked as a "probably going if I CAN!" thing, because I will if I'm in Vegas, won't if I'm not (maybe they should make a telecommuter option hahaha)..

That'll be cool though :) I have to say though, the dealers should cut you a little commission for attracting people in (lol) -- maybe? :D

KinipelaMalia
02-11-2005, 04:10 AM
I am planning on goin to AnimeVegas again this year it all depends on work and money though....I am sooo excited...hopefully I will be able to cosplay...if not I will just throw together an outfit and what not! lol

jinnai
02-23-2005, 03:24 AM
big update coming soon! (i hope!)

Tenshi
02-23-2005, 11:24 AM
^_^ Yes, yes. But you can all go to www.animevegas.com and check out the spiffy new design! Much spiffier than my monochrome layout last year! XD

rcstott
02-23-2005, 01:12 PM
Yes, big update will come on Monday the 28th (I thought I could update it last Monday, but I have to wait). I think it is really good news!

jinnai
02-23-2005, 11:54 PM
WOOOHOOOOO!!! Time to save my quarters!

jinnai
02-27-2005, 11:59 PM
OMG! 1 more day till the big update!!!!

AKA...a few hours left for me!

MarzGurl
02-28-2005, 08:00 PM
~waits impatiently~ O_OO_OO_O

anime_firelight
03-02-2005, 12:45 AM
anime_firelight >> will u be wearing rinoa? haha, i have a rinoa (which will hopefully be fixed by av)... maybe we can do an ff8 gathering? Possibly I'd have an Ellone done, too.

Possibly I'll cosplay her! I'm planning an Advent Children Tifa for AX05, so I might wear that instead. I might be able to go more than one day, so I guess I can cos Rinoa if you want ^______^! Aaah you're also a rinny too I see XD cuuute! Ellone would be nice too! Sorry, I haven't had time to check this thread! w00t!

rcstott
03-03-2005, 12:23 AM
~waits impatiently~ O_OO_OO_O

Sorry for the wait, I am still waiting on several other companies to contact me (and they promised a decision this Monday and it is Thurday already). I will update the site again tomorrow to reflect the changes. If I cannot get an answer by Friday I will have to post the information I have. Gomen Ne.

R

jinnai
03-03-2005, 03:53 AM
Sorry for the wait, I am still waiting on several other companies to contact me (and they promised a decision this Monday and it is Thurday already). I will update the site again tomorrow to reflect the changes. If I cannot get an answer by Friday I will have to post the information I have. Gomen Ne.

R

It's alright. Good things come to those who wait. :jjacks:

chaipnai
03-03-2005, 09:53 PM
Possibly I'll cosplay her! I'm planning an Advent Children Tifa for AX05, so I might wear that instead. I might be able to go more than one day, so I guess I can cos Rinoa if you want ^______^! Aaah you're also a rinny too I see XD cuuute! Ellone would be nice too! Sorry, I haven't had time to check this thread! w00t!
No problem. : ) At least your replied XD! So yeah, if you wanna cosplay FF8 together, I'm up for it. Hope to see u there!!

MarzGurl
03-03-2005, 10:07 PM
No problem. : ) At least your replied XD! So yeah, if you wanna cosplay FF8 together, I'm up for it. Hope to see u there!!

Hooray for FF8! I have a Fujin costume with my pinwheel shuriken and everything! A friend of mine who may or may not go has a Raijin costume, too! I may end up giving my Fujin a return sometime soon. ^_^

chaipnai
03-03-2005, 10:10 PM
Hooray for FF8! I have a Fujin costume with my pinwheel shuriken and everything! A friend of mine who may or may not go has a Raijin costume, too! I may end up giving my Fujin a return sometime soon. ^_^
Ooooo! It'd be awesome if you used Fujin for AV and your friend used Raijin. XD

anime_firelight
03-05-2005, 02:25 AM
I smell a final fantasy gathering XD! I'll try to go most of the days for AV. If you guys are up for it, what day would you prefer to do this? o^____________^o

MarzGurl
03-05-2005, 08:48 AM
Anytime is cool, so long as it doesn't run into any major events. I gotta film those.

chaipnai
03-05-2005, 12:34 PM
I smell a final fantasy gathering XD! I'll try to go most of the days for AV. If you guys are up for it, what day would you prefer to do this? o^____________^o

yeah, i agree with marzgurl. we can decide on something once we know the schedule and work around it. I plan to be there all of the days, too.

jinnai
03-05-2005, 01:11 PM
speaking of gatherings, the local anime fans from Las Vegas Otaku, J-Team Meetup, Las Vegas Cosplay Meetup Group and OtakUNLV gather up almost every week! Here's the links!

http://anime.meetup.com/4 <----Las Vegas Otaku

http://anime.meetup.com/402/ <---J-Team Meetup

http://cosplay.meetup.com/47/ <--Las Vegas Cosplay Meetup Group

http://www.otakunlv.org/ <--- OtakUNLV

rcstott
03-11-2005, 09:55 PM
Hi all,

I know we are dying to get more information out for the convention, but I we will have to wait, again for a week or so until I hear back from the con-center. I hope you can be patient, and thanks for understanding.

R

MarzGurl
03-12-2005, 12:06 AM
No prob, you do what you have to. ^_^

rcstott
03-28-2005, 09:30 PM
No prob, you do what you have to. ^_^

We are going to have to change the title of this forum. The date of the show has been changed. October 28-30. I want to talk about more but with the long wait I am enduring for the contract, I cannot tell you any more. But we do have more guests confirmed and I will have them on the site once they send bios and pictures!

R

MarzGurl
03-28-2005, 09:34 PM
Thanks for keeping us posted! You know we appreciate it!

inuyashaANgel90
03-29-2005, 12:23 AM
ohh its my first time going to anime vegas i can't wait ^.^ its going to by my first ever con and my first time to cosplay ^^.hahah i hope i'm not to young i'm almost 15 hahah.If anyone sees me i'm going to cosplaying as kurosaki ichigo from bleach =D

jinnai
03-29-2005, 02:49 AM
:D

another LAS VEGAS fan.

jinnai
04-06-2005, 03:00 PM
Woohoo! It will be at Cashman Center again!

anime_firelight
04-11-2005, 09:15 PM
yeah, i agree with marzgurl. we can decide on something once we know the schedule and work around it. I plan to be there all of the days, too.

erm ::twiddles fingers:: You guys might wanna count me out of that gathering :thumbsup: . I kinda.. er... ruined my Rinoa cosplay due to a tragic dyeing accident. I'll see what I may be able to bring for the con days.

So, any cosplay plans underway that we'll see at AV? o^o^o Who do you plan to go as?

jinnai
04-14-2005, 12:53 AM
the rinoa will still LIVE ON!!!

GLOMP

rcstott
04-15-2005, 02:36 PM
We must rename this forum (date is incorrect). The word is out and I thought I would post something to make sure you know about the changes. Yes we have confirmation, the dates are October 28 through 30 at the Cashman Center. Friday is a holiday in Nevada (Nevada Day), so it only makes sense to start it then.

The show is at the Cashman Center, held in the Exhibit Hall A (dealers and artist), Meeting rooms (we have 6 rooms again this year with 2 more reserved for back up space), and the Theater (on Saturday), for the movies, premiers, Cartoon Mogul's Big Cartoon Show and the Cosplay Saturday Night.

Guests have been calling and some are already confirmed. Check the site for all the details. Any other questions, email or post it here (but I answer emails much quicker).

Lots of fun this year, more space for a nicer show, and a not so heavy on the wallet admission price.

R

Quisty_Quest
04-15-2005, 06:52 PM
Im now divided between Yaoi Con and AV?well since I'll be living in Vegas I'll be going here, maybe be a volenteer...

jinnai
04-15-2005, 07:26 PM
Im not a Yaoi person...so I'm off to Anime Vegas. ^^;;

KinipelaMalia
04-20-2005, 10:04 AM
Will definatley be goin this year...Not the whole 3 days but I will be able to make 2 out of three if I can get Sat & Sun...and my job is like a few minutes from the Convention center....SOOOO excited...hopefully I will be able to throw a fast and easy costume together together...unfortunatley no sewing for now....got a better job more hours more money MORE CLOTHES!!! YEAH! but anyways....I'm also recruiting friends to go!! SO YEAH FOR ANIMEVEGAS!

jinnai
04-21-2005, 12:00 AM
28 people so far for anime vegas! YAY!

Quisty_Quest
04-22-2005, 04:29 PM
I'll bring like half my family since they love Yu-Gi-Oh

Kayra de Mashi
04-27-2005, 10:58 AM
Its a good thing I live in Vegas now!

I'll be attending this year and hoping to bring a friend along with me. I really never been to a Anime Convention just the small comic book stores one in Phoenix, Az and it was crowded. This will be fun ^-^ If I work, I'll just have to request 3 days off XD

I have no clue what i'm gonna cosplay..probably my old EGL or just make a new from scratch or upgrade it..so many choices~

I hope to see some of you there! :dance:

jinnai
04-27-2005, 07:27 PM
we do have anime meetups all the time...check em out!

anime.meetup.com/4

cosplay.meetup.com/47

rcstott
05-03-2005, 02:26 PM
Wow, fixed date on the forum! So how many days until Anime Vegas?

R

jinnai
05-10-2005, 07:54 PM
hey rich, your funimation workshop was really cool!

chris and laura rock! wooohoo!...maybe i can be a voice actor someday!

KinipelaMalia
05-11-2005, 02:29 AM
I am sooo taking sat and sun off of the con....AV is gonna be great! Im not gonna cosplay though...I have the money though...I just need time to make a costume,,,,working and goin to school is kickin my butt...But I will be there to take pictures and what not...so I can't wait to see everyone there...Maybe I'll throw something together for my son to wear tee hee!

rcstott
05-11-2005, 03:02 PM
hey rich, your funimation workshop was really cool!

chris and laura rock! wooohoo!...maybe i can be a voice actor someday!

It was really fun, and the best thing about it is that Chris wants to do it AGAIN at our convention in October. And today we launced pre-registration. How many days until Anime Vegas... 170 days and counting. Check out the site, more was added today.

Busy Beaver Rich

KinipelaMalia
05-16-2005, 03:11 PM
Well its official...I just pre-registered the other day and I am taking Sat & Sun off from work since it is the weekend after my b-day....its a great present for myself to go to AV....lol...well see you all there I know I will be taking a whole lot of pictures....just need to stock up on film lol...:Dance:

rcstott
05-28-2005, 12:20 AM
Well its official...I just pre-registered the other day and I am taking Sat & Sun off from work since it is the weekend after my b-day....its a great present for myself to go to AV....lol...well see you all there I know I will be taking a whole lot of pictures....just need to stock up on film lol...:Dance:

I am glad you are coming out. It should be really fun with a whole lot of guests.

Off subject. The site was down for about 36 hours but it is back up again, sorry for the problems. I have switched hosting services (using yahoo now).

R

vixy_mojoy
06-05-2005, 01:18 PM
eep! All this talk about the con is getting me excited!!~ xD This will be my first convention and cosplay ever, so I'm very anxious. Not to mention nervous!! Can't wait to see you all there... it sounds like it's going to be a blast!

rcstott
06-08-2005, 08:22 PM
I am excited too, and I know in the next two weeks a lot of events will be added to the web site. Those hard working Directors on the Anime Vegas Convention Board will be sending the events to be posted to the site in the next few days... I just need to hurry and post them for all to read.

R

anime_firelight
06-09-2005, 02:16 AM
Even though it's some months away, I can't wait either. ^-^ I've informed plenty of people in advance. I hope it doesn't get crowded this year. xD I've been herding anime fans I know, as well as friends. Most of us plan to go on Friday and Saturday. Aaah it's so great that AV is going to have a 2nd year! ^-^d

jinnai
06-21-2005, 04:24 AM
exhibit hall a and b are huge! :D

rcstott
06-23-2005, 05:19 PM
exhibit hall a and b are huge! :D
The Cashman Center is still a nice place, even if there is no hotel close by.

R

jinnai
06-24-2005, 01:21 AM
the old strip isnt TOO far away. ^_^

dark_mousy
07-05-2005, 01:33 AM
Yay I can't wait! -bounces-

Naruto_Girl
07-06-2005, 10:27 PM
Greetings!

A group of us from Buffalo NY are making the trek down to this wonderful anime convention and I am very much looking forward to seeing Las Vegas and meeting anime fans from the other side of the country.

Are there any Naruto cosplayers attending?? I am a HUGE dork for the show and cosplay as Naruto and am wondering if there are any plans for gatherings or anything??

I am So excited! This con looks awesome!

rcstott
07-06-2005, 11:39 PM
Greetings!

A group of us from Buffalo NY are making the trek down to this wonderful anime convention and I am very much looking forward to seeing Las Vegas and meeting anime fans from the other side of the country.

Are there any Naruto cosplayers attending?? I am a HUGE dork for the show and cosplay as Naruto and am wondering if there are any plans for gatherings or anything??

I am So excited! This con looks awesome!

Buffalo New York! I am impressed you would travel so far to come to our tiny convention! I am sure there will be Naruto Cosplayers at the convention. We do have an area in the dealers room for picture taking, and I am sure the Cosplay Directors have more events they are planning.

By the way, I hear at least one of the English Voice Actors attending our show was cast in Naruto. I will leave it up to you to guess who.

R

jinnai
07-11-2005, 06:29 AM
yes im making a naruto costume too. my first TRUE anime cosplay! :)

MarzGurl
07-11-2005, 07:03 AM
yes im making a naruto costume too. my first TRUE anime cosplay! :)
You're another lost cause, too! :waaaah:

So, are you actually going to BE Naruto, or are you gonna be some other character? I'd imagine you'd be a sound ninja.

Tenshi
07-11-2005, 11:31 AM
Heh, I haven't posted in here in a long time :).

Anyways, if you're a Livejournal person, come join the Anime Vegas Livejournal Community! http://www.livejournal.com/community/animevegas .

As for me. . .the rules for the Masquerade are pretty much done, and you should see them very soon!

Ganguro
07-12-2005, 01:39 AM
hey guys..
Also some of the gaming room stuff should be set in stone soon. Jinnai, you're still up for spinning right? I've got a cool idea I need to run by you.

genome_loki
07-12-2005, 07:59 AM
This thread is making me sad. I was living in Vegas up until about a month and a half ago. I was there for a good part of this year. I was actually planning on going to this con. It would have been my first con in the west. But I didn't have enough money to get my own apartment and bad things happened. I think its enough to say that I'm back on the east coast...

jinnai
07-13-2005, 12:18 AM
hey guys..
Also some of the gaming room stuff should be set in stone soon. Jinnai, you're still up for spinning right? I've got a cool idea I need to run by you.

yeah i just need to know the area and time to bust a move. woohoo...

"DJ NARUTO"

MidnightMist
07-20-2005, 08:37 AM
I just wanted to say this will be my first Anime Vegas and I'm very excited to be going to my first con here as a Vegas local. ^_^

Tenshi
07-20-2005, 11:43 AM
Masquerade rules are up! They are on the Events page. General guidelines for cosplayers are also on the website, under General Info.

http://www.animevegas.com

We have a new policy on signs this year, so make sure you read the Cosplayers' Guidelines!

rcstott
07-22-2005, 01:04 AM
Late night again, working on the convention. Look at the guests that confirmed today! Is there anyone else left not coming to AVC?

Yamashi-shi
07-23-2005, 03:35 AM
I'm going!!! ^_^ It'll be my first out of state con too!! I've never been to Vegas in my life! ^.^ I'm so excited to see the guests!! O_O ..Wow! I can't wait.. I'll be cosplaying as Koenma Jr. from yu yu hakusho for sure, and Yuki Sohma from fruits basket and duo Maxwell from Gundam Wing! ^.^ ...lol, I'm crossplaying the entire time this time!! ..I'll only be going with my brother, and I'm not sure if he's going to cosplay with me *sniff* ..I'm not sure he really even wants too go.. O.O ..I wanted him to be Yusuke ^_^ ..I thought he's look good as him, and plus it would go with my Koenma!

jinnai
08-03-2005, 12:21 AM
about 2 more months left!

Naruto_Girl
08-08-2005, 07:57 PM
This con is going to be amazing!!

October simply can't get here fast enough!

Yamashi-shi
08-09-2005, 01:02 AM
Yeah! I know! ..I can't wait! ^.^ ..I wanna meet the guests!

jinnai
08-10-2005, 12:39 AM
i wanna dj!

KinipelaMalia
08-10-2005, 09:27 PM
I can't wait to go either....I am gonna put togther a team cosplay set with my son...Gonna dress him up as baby Mario and I'm gonna be Luiga...

jinnai
08-13-2005, 02:44 AM
If i had a fro, Id color it red and white and be toad!

Armless Wookiee
08-16-2005, 03:01 AM
I might go and if i do since i do have a fro i might as well do toad

Ganguro
08-18-2005, 01:55 PM
Just a little trickle of info on the gaming room.

We are currently planning on having a few unannouced tournaments plus other events such as 2 nights of alternative gaming hours fropm 7pm- midnight. These I'm the most proud of because it's sooo nerdy, it's obscene!

Tabletop gaming, miniature based games, Go, Shogi, indie boardgames, plus the nice folks from Games Workshop are scheduled to attend and do demos, also we got NIS America as a sponsor so we'll be running a few PS2's with their SRPGs as well.
(Bring your memory cards!)

In addition to all that, there will be a section of the gaming room just for wireless gaming, so bring your handhelds and face off against friends and make new ones with your Sony PSP and Nintendo DS. The featured Wireless game of Animevegas this year is :heart: NINTENDOGS :heart: , and we will be raffling off various imported Nintendogs merchandise for doggie lovers. :bigtu:

All in all, the gaming room will be very awesome, but dont forget about our ever growing guestlist, as well as the "open until midnight" screening room, 2 event/panel rooms, our AMV contest, indie cartoon exhibition, artist's alley, masquerade, Dj Jinnai spinning his remixes, and other events that haven't even been announced yet!

Right now preorders for the con are $25, and it'll be $30 at the door for a 3 day pass. Considering this is our second year, we are really shooting high for this one, and we've already surpassed much bigger cons in terms of things to do and guestlist... all that's missing is you!

For more details please check out www.animevegas.com

KinipelaMalia
08-19-2005, 05:10 PM
This is SOOOOO exciting....I have to get a jump on our costumes ahhh!!!! so much in so little time...lol well lots of time but anyways...see you all there...can't wait to take pics!

anime_firelight
08-30-2005, 04:49 PM
I sort of have a question for preregistration. ^_^ I know it's a lot more convenient to preregister~ but what if you're not going all three days? I'm guessing I'll only be able to make it to 2 of the 3 days max (Fri+Sat), along with all my other friends.Do you guys recommend that we prereg. for all 3 anyways? thank you in advance :D

(p.s. someone mentioned cosplay group gatherings. I finally remade the rinoa costume so I'd still be up for an ff8 group)

rcstott
09-03-2005, 06:28 PM
I sort of have a question for preregistration. ^_^ I know it's a lot more convenient to preregister~ but what if you're not going all three days? I'm guessing I'll only be able to make it to 2 of the 3 days max (Fri+Sat), along with all my other friends.Do you guys recommend that we prereg. for all 3 anyways? thank you in advance :D

(p.s. someone mentioned cosplay group gatherings. I finally remade the rinoa costume so I'd still be up for an ff8 group)

You really should pre-reg! Pre-regs get a different badge than Registration people do. Plus you get a different con bag as well. And it will allow you to come on Thursday night to pick up your goodies early, so you can plan your schedule out ahead of time.

Rich

KinipelaMalia
09-06-2005, 05:04 AM
I was wondering...I already pre-registered but my son some how got hold of my itinirary and now I can't find it....what now?? will they have a list of pre-registered people??

rcstott
09-07-2005, 05:25 PM
I was wondering...I already pre-registered but my son some how got hold of my itinirary and now I can't find it....what now?? will they have a list of pre-registered people??

Yes there is a list on line at www.animevegas.com/prereglist.html and confirmation mailers will be sent out on October 1, for all the pre-registrants. We will also have a list of attendees at the convention too, in case you forget your confirmation (please bring ID).

Rich

tvb983
09-09-2005, 10:56 PM
Hi, I was just wondering if you have to pay the 25 dollars for each individual day or does the 25 cover all three days? Thanx.

I'll probably post more later, when I figure these forums out. @_@(feels stupid)

anime_firelight
09-10-2005, 11:22 PM
Hi, I was just wondering if you have to pay the 25 dollars for each individual day or does the 25 cover all three days? Thanx.

I'll probably post more later, when I figure these forums out. @_@(feels stupid)

If you preregister, ^_^ You pay $25 and that covers all 3 days.

KinipelaMalia
09-13-2005, 01:48 AM
Haha too cool...Im the 1 st on the list lol funy !!! but anyways,, thnx for the info. sure hope I get that weekend off for my Bday!

sakureth
09-18-2005, 03:59 PM
I'm going to Anime Vegas! I don't know if I'll be able to go all three days, but I'll at least go on Saturday. I'll be cosplaying as Rikuuu~ :D Hopefully my costume will come out okay. x_X;

jinnai
09-19-2005, 06:59 PM
I'm going to Anime Vegas! I don't know if I'll be able to go all three days, but I'll at least go on Saturday. I'll be cosplaying as Rikuuu~ :D Hopefully my costume will come out okay. x_X;

Horray! Be sure to drop by the gaming room, or my How to DJ panel! I'll be there!

LV_Orphen
09-22-2005, 01:01 AM
Heyas, just introducing myself here in this thread for the first time since Anime Vegas'll be my first con ever - and I plan to attempt to cosplay as someone as well....just got a little less than a month to learn how to make my own costume, heh. But yeah! Totally excited to be going to this one in my home city. :D

Btw, any other cosplayers in Vegas send me over an e-mail! I want to get myself around more cosplayers but I really don't know how/where to start, and I'm looking for mentors, lol. But I know I need to put something together before this con arrives! >_< I'll probably be roaming the newbies section for quite some time, lol. Anyways, already pre-registered and set to attend, so hopefully will see you all there! I'll be the confused looking one in awe of it all...and in a sad little costume, lol.
~LV_Orphen

anime_firelight
09-22-2005, 05:59 PM
Ooooh!! You preregistered already? My group of friends haven't yet. >.> I think we're all too lazy to prereg xD since we might not go all 3 days. ^_^ It's nice to meet new cosplayers and people!!! I wish you luck on your first cosplay :D

LV_Orphen
09-22-2005, 06:08 PM
Hahah, well make sure you preregister anyways. ^_- Won't it be the same cost? Or will it be cheaper to just buy a day pass? O_O I dunno how it works, but I figured $25 was pretty cheap to begin with. I definitely won't be going all three days, probably only Friday and Saturday or Saturday and Sunday....whatever work will give me off. But also if you prereg you get that special goodie bag. :P Lol. But yeah, totally, say hi if you see me there! I'll be the one dressed as Demitri(Darkstalkers), or Hiro(Lunar 2) if I'm giving up on Demitri's costume because I'm horribly sucky at sewing as of yet. :P Lol. And thanks! Good luck to you as well, although I'm sorta guessing you're no newbie at it....so actually, expecting to see something good. ^_- Lol.

jinnai
09-22-2005, 08:52 PM
go for 3 days! :D

LV_Orphen
09-22-2005, 10:39 PM
Hahah, I'd love to, but I'm not very sure my job would allow that. :P But if I happen to have the whole weekend off I'll attempt it, heh.

Paranoia
09-23-2005, 10:30 PM
Konnichiwa
I will be at AV! I can't wait. Twill be very awesome. I will be cosplaying as Toshiya from Dir en Grey, Myaku version. ^_^

Will anyone else be doing a j-rock cosplay?

LV_Orphen
09-24-2005, 01:40 AM
Well cool! Hope to see you there. :D If I recognize 'ya I'll run over with a hi. Lol, promise not to run though if you see the guy in the blue wrestlers tights running at you though, lol....god, I think I'm making that sound scarier than it really is. O_o Heh.

jinnai
09-24-2005, 08:00 AM
Konnichiwa
I will be at AV! I can't wait. Twill be very awesome. I will be cosplaying as Toshiya from Dir en Grey, Myaku version. ^_^

I know youuuu! :D

LV_Orphen
09-24-2005, 11:30 AM
*Deleted*(Wrote in wrong place somehow, sorry. :P)

edelric
09-25-2005, 01:02 AM
im going i hope i can cosplay but i dont think i'll have the money after the hotel and buying everything. But i hope to go as edward elric(movie version) if i can figure out how to make it but im sure ill be to lazy and just go as plain old me.

jinnai
09-27-2005, 11:46 PM
woohooo! about a month left to go!!!

JLAmazonWarrior
09-28-2005, 12:18 AM
Konnichiwa

If I go, I will probably go as Filth Toshiya. Check my gallery :D.

Tenshi
09-28-2005, 01:18 AM
I haven't posted in here in a while!

Anyways, in case you don't know, I'm ye olde Masquerade coordinator (or, at least one of them). I'm really looking forward to the show this year, and all cosplayers entering the Masquerade should be as well!

Did you know that we have the theatre at Cashman Center for the cosplay contest? Well, now you know! I got a chance to look at it, and it is BEAUTIFUL inside. No one will have trouble seeing over heads, since it's all stadium-style seating inside! The stage is HUGE, too -- no fear of falling off of too-small stages! The Masquerade will be a huge treat for both cosplayers and audience members ^^.

So if you're planning on signing up for the Masquerade, please go to the website (animevegas.com) and fill out the form. Registration for the contest ends on October 15th, and only a limited amount of spaces will be available at the convention!

I have many more things I want to bring up, but I think I'll save that for tomorrow. I'm a little sleepy ^^.

LV_Orphen
09-28-2005, 04:46 AM
Hahah, well now you're just teasing us with great info. ;) Fill us in when you can! Us Vegas people are really excited, lol.

Tenshi
09-28-2005, 10:11 AM
Ah, may as well cut and paste this from my at-con flyer :). Here I talk about a mini Hall Costume Contest (inspired by Anizona), the Cosplay Info Desk, the Photography Station, and the Changing Station!

HALL COSPLAY

Get your Halloween candy early this year! Members of Anime Vegas' Cosplay Staff will be roaming the halls looking for great costumes. Goodie bags will be distributed to outstanding cosplayers. Good luck, and Trick or Treat!

COSPLAY DESK

Members of Cosplay Staff can be found at the Cosplay Desk. Located in the Dealers' Hall, we will be there to assist your needs! If you have any questions or complaints about the Masquerade, Hall Cosplay, peace bonding, or anything else, please don't hesitate to visit us! In fact, we encourage ALL cosplayers with props to visit the desk so we can check it out.

PHOTOGRAPHY STATION

Let's face it, parking lots and hallways are not the best places to take pictures. That's why Anime Vegas brings you the Photography Station! A backdrop and controlled lighting will be set up in the Dealers' Room -- you bring the cameras. Access to the Station is on a first-come, first-served basis; however, if we start developing a line we will have to impose time limits. Please let the staffers at the Cosplay Desk know if you have a big gathering scheduled for a certain time -- we will do our best to clear it out for you.

CHANGING STATION

Due to the lack of nearby hotel establishments, Anime Vegas has set aside a room just for cosplayers! In room 203, you will be allowed to change in and out of your costume right at the convention center! This room will be staffed at all times to ensure that each gender stays seperate (no need to worry about your modesty, ladies and gents!).

LV_Orphen
09-28-2005, 12:43 PM
Oh wow, so Halloween was implemented into the convention? That's actually pretty nifty, heheh. And I really like the photography station idea, that sounds like a great idea, really haven't heard of many conventions having those (but being that I've never been to one, they could probably all have them and I'd never have known). But those are just more reasons why this convention will be a blast....here's to hoping Anime Vegas stays around for years and grows up to be something bigger than AE. ; ) Vegas has needed this for a LONG time, and last year hopefully started a growing trend.

HowdyTakitty
10-02-2005, 03:29 PM
Hiyo!
# 219 on Pre-reg list Here~ =P Its Jenna
*bounces around* I'm SO excited! >w< It seems like its taking forever for The end of October to come. Rawr I finally figured out my cosplays though and I'm working on them.Im going to be cosplaying My gaia character(http://avatar.gaiaonline.com/gaia/members/ava/fa/66/2cfe046c666fa.png?t=1120449899 -Psycho bunny bear-),Ayumi Hamasaki - Alterna(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v104/psychobunnybear/Image35.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v104/psychobunnybear/Image34.jpg), and Hikaru Koyama from Hinoi Team(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v104/psychobunnybear/Image6.jpg far left). We tried to get a morning musume group cosplay & performance ready in time but the issue of members stand in the way,for now. =( Hinoi Team will be fun though too ^_^

anime_firelight
10-02-2005, 03:35 PM
Oh wow ^_^ everyone's so excited! I know I am! :D

>.> erm but I think I need as much free time as possible before anime vegas rolls around! u.u It's because I'm not done making some cosplays! xD At the moment... I only have my new version of my rinoa cosplay, and AC Tifa... >.> but I really want to wear an Elfen Lied's Lucy cosplay for the 1st or second day ^^

LV_Orphen
10-02-2005, 04:05 PM
Heh, well at least you have one for each day. ; ) I've only got one. :\ Going to save it for Saturday....I guess I'll be forced to go sans-costume the other two days. ;_; But yeah! Definitely excited! And have you read about the karaoke contest? It sounds *awesome*. Definitely plan on signing up whenever I can.

heroLink
10-03-2005, 12:59 AM
I want to go!!! Anyone here going from So-Cal?? I need a ride. I would make a good ride-mate-person because I am oh so hot (HAHAHA, I kid) I am very friendly and can be quite if need be. I would gladlyhelp pay for gas and MIGHT need a ride for one friend, maybe. Thanks everyone!

anime_firelight
10-03-2005, 08:01 PM
I want to go!!! Anyone here going from So-Cal?? I need a ride. I would make a good ride-mate-person because I am oh so hot (HAHAHA, I kid) I am very friendly and can be quite if need be. I would gladlyhelp pay for gas and MIGHT need a ride for one friend, maybe. Thanks everyone!

Woaaaah~ Alex?!!? You're actually going O.O?! how 1_337 is that? :P Well hope to see you at AV.

As for the karaoke contest.... I'm too shy to sign up for it. LOL even though i'm in choir O____O;. Alas it's already october!!!!! WOW AV is right around the corner. Good luck with all of your cosplays! ^-^d

heroLink
10-03-2005, 11:30 PM
Well, I want to go but... yeah. I cant find a ride!! Hopefully my <_<..animeclub...>_> will be going and I can bum a ride. I'm also tryin to get some friends together for a rode trip down there. Besides, I know you guys need some jet Grind Radio(:bigtu: ) and I need to meet the famous (and oh so pretty:rolleyes: ) Kristine! Anyone know if this is the kind of place that will bust me for skating around?? Also... whos everyone goin as!?!?!?!

LV_Orphen
10-04-2005, 02:01 AM
Lol, too shy for karaoke? ; ) Naaah, it's not that bad. I'm willing to embarrass myself. I'm a good singer, but the whole random anime songs thing'll kick my butt. But seeing Demitri on stage singing Japanese karaoke should be a fun sight to see. :P

Which answers the other question, I'll be Demitri from Darkstalkers for the con, but only on Saturday. It's my only costume, and I don't think it's right to wear it for two days straight, heh. Not when everyone else'll be in different ones. :P

tvb983
10-04-2005, 08:51 PM
:p Hello everybody!!! I'm so exited, this is going to be my first con and I'm a little nervous, but I feel alot better now that I know I'm not the only one.

Hey, all the newbies should have a get together! woot!:rockon:

Any other hellsing cosplayers going? I'm going to be Integra. Well, there will probably be an Alucard, there's always an Alucard.

I hope to see all of you there!

LV_Orphen
10-05-2005, 01:10 AM
Lol, well I'm up for a newbie meet-up. :P I'll be there both Friday and Saturday(scored Friday off as well :D) so either day works for me....only will be in costume on Saturday though.

anime_firelight
10-05-2005, 06:18 PM
There are cosplayers that wear the same costume for more than one day. xD You could always wash your costume or use febreeze.^____^

bah~ kristine is not that great, alex. xD Good luck getting here if you're going. ^^
w00tness for the n00bness. :D This will be my 2nd con, but I still consider myself to be a n00b. x]

LV_Orphen
10-05-2005, 07:07 PM
Lol, you can use your costume twice? Lol, do people do that? I wasn't sure if that was technically very good to do. :P Don't want to seem icky, heh. And of course, I'm all about smelling good.....none of those nasty smells will go near me. :P

Tenshi
10-05-2005, 09:50 PM
The first costume I made for my boyfriend, he wore three days at Anime Expo. He Febreezed it and hung it neatly each time he took it off. I can assure you that he smelled fine the entire time :).

LV_Orphen
10-05-2005, 10:48 PM
Ahh, so the general thought about wearing a costume for more than 1 day of a con is that it's alright? Whoo! That's good news then. ^_^ Well then I guess maybe I'll be in costume both days. :P Just equipped with some Febreeze, heh.

jinnai
10-06-2005, 07:20 PM
i should bring a bottle of frebreeze next to my dj booth.

Tenshi
10-06-2005, 09:39 PM
Yay, Jinnai will be the official Febreeze ninja! Your Naruto bling will go nicely with that XD.

heroLink
10-06-2005, 11:01 PM
Since Im going to be Skating (is that ok??), I REALLY need some kinda de-oderizer!!

Tenshi
10-07-2005, 07:03 PM
HeroLink, I would advise against skating indoors. It's too crowded, and I know for certain that everything but the dealer's hall is carpeted. The dealer's hall might be carpeted too but I haven't been in it yet.

LV_Orphen
10-07-2005, 07:10 PM
Ok, just last night I saw the most spectacular thing ever.....a commercial on tv for Anime Vegas! O_O;; It was wonderful! But seriously, it was pretty cool seeing a commercial for an anime convention actually taking place in Vegas - and it was featuring animated cosplayers! :D Hahah...anyways, out of my giddiness in seeing this last night I had to post about it. :P I believe it was on Cartoon Network. How many other channels is it advertisiving with?

tvb983
10-07-2005, 09:24 PM
Wow, Really!! I want to see it!!!!

Now I'm gonna be up all night lookin for that commercial.

Ok, I'm lying, I was gonna stay up all night anyway. :p

jinnai
10-09-2005, 03:26 AM
its only on local cable/satellite television...but you can watch the commercial on the animevegas website.

heroLink
10-09-2005, 07:17 AM
Thanks for telling me :). what about outside? I would just take them off and put them in my room to go indoors if thats any consolation (I was really good about it at animagic!)wait well, how much of the con is indoors vs. outdoors???? Thanks again for the help! Oh yeah, and do you think there is any time left to get a room at the hotel or any surrounding ones?

anime_firelight
10-09-2005, 05:15 PM
"the hotel"? :D Well it's a convention center (i hope i'm right xD). Finding a hotel within a 15 min. radius wouldn't be too difficult, considering Vegas thrives on tourism. o_O I wish you luck in finding a good place to stay. I'm sure there'll be available rooms in the surrounding area. ^_^ If it was anything like last year, it's pretty much an indoor con.

and yes the clip for the commercial is also on the animevegas website.

heroLink
10-09-2005, 06:00 PM
In a a convetnion center?!?!... I knew that.<_<... >_> (I dont pay attention to these things, I get carried away in my excitment). Im gonna just be a rebel and wear the skates indoors!!!! HAHAHAHA!!!! Ill just take them off when told too, or I'll tape up the wheels, or duck tape them to the sides of my legs, or I can get BRAND NEW wheels, or I can....uhhh.... shoot. Ill bring shoes too.

rcstott
10-10-2005, 12:26 AM
Ok, just last night I saw the most spectacular thing ever.....a commercial on tv for Anime Vegas! O_O;; It was wonderful! But seriously, it was pretty cool seeing a commercial for an anime convention actually taking place in Vegas - and it was featuring animated cosplayers! :D Hahah...anyways, out of my giddiness in seeing this last night I had to post about it. :P I believe it was on Cartoon Network. How many other channels is it advertisiving with?

We are on Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon and Toon Disney! To see it, watch Teen Titans on CN from 6:30 to 7:00 PM M-Th, Toon Disney from 9:30 to 11:00 PM M-Th, Avatar on Nickelodeon Friday 8:00-9:00 PM, and Meguzi on CN from 8:00 to 11:00 PM Saturday.

R

LV_Orphen
10-10-2005, 12:52 AM
Hahah, this is wonderful, I'm tracking down commercials now. ;) My life gets more and more action-packed every day. But I'm just really floored that this convention is getting some REAL advertisement! It's awesome. :D FINALLY Vegas gets something rolling. ^_^ I can be proud of my city for once. :P

Danakin
10-10-2005, 05:37 AM
I will be there, hopefully all three days. I may be in either my Anakin, Vader or maybe one of the newer costumes I've been working on, I haven't quite decided yet.

jinnai
10-10-2005, 08:15 PM
im gonna cosplay as lil jon (seriously)

LV_Orphen
10-10-2005, 10:50 PM
Lol, if you go "Yeaaaaahhh" excessively I'll have to run the other direction. ; )

paper cosplay
10-11-2005, 10:55 AM
Wish I could go may be anther year..
This trip would combine some of my favorite things anime, cosplaying, gambling and maybe gambling in cosplay. Problem is I donít know which one would win out in Vegas Iím so confused. Gambling, anime, gambling, anime.

Note: If at all possible Iíd like to see photos (canít remember if thatís aloud on casino floors probably not) then if not photos stories of someone in a cosplay out fit sitting at a blackjack table.

LV_Orphen
10-11-2005, 10:59 AM
Lol, well yeah, sadly photography isn't allowed in casinos...but you could maybe get away with just a shot. They won't usually stop you if you're focusing on a person, rather than the area around you.

KinipelaMalia
10-12-2005, 03:16 AM
Wow its sooo close...doin a big count down for my bday on the 25th and getting that weekend off and begging my sister-in-law to go again this year with my son and I. and I thought I would NEVER get our costumes ready...gonna be a bit non home made this time so I am buying my pieces of costume...got 2/3rds of it already done...just need one more ingredient and I shall be LUIGI MUHAHAHA! well Luiga if you wanna say...But my sons baby mario costume is complete..I just need a RED HAT! anyone care to help me to find a red hat for a 2 year old?!?! Well I'm sooo excited!!! Will hopefully be goin 2 days...but if not see you all on Saturday yeah!

anime_firelight
10-12-2005, 03:33 AM
oh wow ^_^ family cosplays are so adorable! Small red hat? Ah I am not sure ~.~ but you can browse through stores. If you find like a white or pink hat~ chances are you can dye it red or go over it with some red fabric paint.Good luck with the quest for cosplay pieces, ya? Oh and a Happy early birthday to you ^_^

KinipelaMalia
10-12-2005, 01:38 PM
Thnx...Hoping to bribe my sister-in-law to go to the mall this weekend...kinda sucks that I work too...but I'll make it.

jinnai
10-14-2005, 11:27 PM
Lol, if you go "Yeaaaaahhh" excessively I'll have to run the other direction. ; )

i might jump on you and hug you....YEAHHHH!!!! :thumbsup:

but if youre a guy...maybe not.

jinnai
10-14-2005, 11:28 PM
the convention is not in a casino, so feel free to take as many pics till you run outta flash memory space! ^_^

tvb983
10-16-2005, 07:11 PM
Hey, did anyone else get there pre-reg post card in the mail?

Don't forget your ID! :p That would totally suck!

Anyone else going to chill with me at the early badge pickup? Huh? Anyone. @_@

Natchan
10-16-2005, 09:21 PM
I can't make it to early pick-ups but I am totally extatic about it, I've been planning it all year! I have... hmm 1 2 3...13 people total coming with me this year and the best part is... we're all cosplaying! I can't wait... okay maybe I can, my friend and I are behind on costumes so maybe we can wait! YAY ANIME VEGAS!

LV_Orphen
10-17-2005, 05:18 AM
Heh, well I'll be there for pre-reg as long as I have the night off of work....if I work the night I'll be forced to wait until the next day. And lucky, I've only got two other people with me going, but at least one other is cosplaying with me. ^_^

anime_firelight
10-17-2005, 06:30 PM
Ah I believe some of my friends are going to go to the early badge pick up. I think I'm going with them thursday night, since they need me there with my id xD. ^_^

Wow AV is 11 days from today! O_O I'm BEHIND with a costume of mine! OHNOES! xD

jinnai
10-20-2005, 01:46 AM
I have to get my cousin's badge....

dark_mousy
10-23-2005, 06:13 PM
Aahhhh! -sad- I forgot to Pre-reg, and it closed two days ago! ;_____; Sooo, if we didn't pre-reg are we stuck with paper sticky badges again if we Register at the convention? xD

jinnai
10-24-2005, 02:30 AM
just....gotta.....get....through.....monday, tuesday and wednesday.....

24 hours of work at the office...and then im off to teh con!!!

rcstott
10-25-2005, 01:06 AM
Ah I believe some of my friends are going to go to the early badge pick up. I think I'm going with them thursday night, since they need me there with my id xD. ^_^

Wow AV is 11 days from today! O_O I'm BEHIND with a costume of mine! OHNOES! xD

Did you get it done? If not hurry and finish. Don't forget to come introduce yourself and say hi to me at the convention. I am easy to find, I look like Master Roshi!

R

anime_firelight
10-25-2005, 03:00 AM
*nods* Sure thing. ^_^ Ah perhaps I'll just wear the costume next year. I can just use 2 of my existing costumes.

3 Days from now..... .......... ....... *_*

Wheeeeeeeeeee!!!!! Now to survive the school week..... >.>

rcstott
10-25-2005, 03:49 PM
Great, I will see you then. Just picked up the first guest for the convention today, Sami Inoue Harte. We went to eat lunch and played video poker for a bit.

R

Tenshi
10-25-2005, 09:06 PM
This will probably be my last update everyone!

Online Masquerade signups are now CLOSED. If you want to sign up for the Masquerade, make sure you do it on Friday! We are finalizing our playlist and entry list Friday evening, so we WILL NOT be able to accept new entries on Saturday. So if you want to sign up (and everyone should sign up; we have LOTS of open spots!) bring a CD with the MP3 of your music/skit dialogue and visit the Cosplay Desk inside the Exhibit Hall.

Oh, and the weather forecast looks good for this weekend :). I posted a link to it on the Anime Vegas LJ community: http://www.livejournal.com/community/animevegas .

Rogue Marvel
10-26-2005, 02:40 PM
Whee!

my boyfriend and I are going to anime vegas. I'm excited. we are going to be taking his older brother who has never been to a real con before so it should be fun.

i can't wait to see everyone!

Naruto_Girl
10-26-2005, 11:41 PM
I will be there all three days as different versions of Naruto!

I am SO looking forward to seeing everyone!

Tenshi
10-30-2005, 09:38 PM
Before I pass out for 8-10 hours of much-needed post-con sleep, I wanted to post here and thank everyone :). I think the Masquerade went really well, and that's mostly due to the hard work of everyone who entered! The photo area seemed pretty popular as well, so we'll definitely bring that back next year.

So thanks again! I'll try not to be so stressed all the time next year, but I can't make any promises ^_-.

(anime firelight, you really should have stayed for the end of the Masquerade!)

Katie-chan
10-31-2005, 10:21 AM
Anime vegas rock and the Masqurade was well done. I wish I had entered my tsubasa but its not really done. I will post my cosplay photos soon. I went as Edward Elric Saturday but went casual the other days.

MidnightMist
10-31-2005, 05:28 PM
The Masquerade was really fun, the best part was when that sword exploded, it didn't seem like it was planned, but it was neat nonetheless. Sorry you ended up having to clean up after it though Tenshi... ^_^;;

I hope next year my partner doesn't have to work on Saturday so we can do our Animal Crossing skit!

Natchan
10-31-2005, 08:44 PM
Before I pass out for 8-10 hours of much-needed post-con sleep, I wanted to post here and thank everyone :). I think the Masquerade went really well, and that's mostly due to the hard work of everyone who entered! The photo area seemed pretty popular as well, so we'll definitely bring that back next year.

So thanks again! I'll try not to be so stressed all the time next year, but I can't make any promises ^_-.

I thought that the con in general was amazing this year! I came last year and that was fun but this last weekend was the most fun that I have had in a very long time! Especially the Masquerade, I was in the Basket of Otaku Group and let me tell you that we had a blast performing for the attendees and Staff of Anime Vegas! :square: I have nothing negative to say about it all! I had SUPER FUN and I can't wait until next year! By the way your Sailor Uranus was really pretty! :) Natchan

anime_firelight
10-31-2005, 11:01 PM

woooooopse! Did I miss something?! xD Ah I HAD to leave. Some of my friends were losing patience. e_e btw you looked great as Sailor Uranus! Thank you for letting me do that "skit" on such short notice, too. I practically died from tiredness when I got home. ^^

KinipelaMalia
10-31-2005, 11:25 PM
-_-;; I wasn't able to go...I was planning on showing Saturday afternoon with my son but I had several problems...1 my son was with his daddy...and 2 I had no ride to the center...*sigh* im soo upset...im glad everyone else had a great time though. can't wait to see all the pics you all took!

Natchan
11-01-2005, 01:45 AM
Those of you who aren't looking int the other Anime Vegas thread and for all those lookin for pics I have mine up, they're not very good quality because my digital wan't working, but its somthing. There will be more to come later!

missrelena
11-01-2005, 03:24 PM
I was also a member of the Fruits Basket group (and Chibi Momiji's mommy) and the Masquerade was so well done! Tenshi, despite technician troubles, I thought you were a great director. (You looked so super-kawaii as Sailor Uranus, too!) I can't think of anything that should have been done any differently. I had such a wonderful time, and so did my daughter. Considering that she's two, that's saying something. Thanks for being so understanding and wonderful to work with! Everyone was such fun to be around, staff members and contestants alike!

Smiles!

KinipelaMalia
11-02-2005, 11:02 AM
Those of you who aren't looking int the other Anime Vegas thread and for all those lookin for pics I have mine up, they're not very good quality because my digital wan't working, but its somthing. There will be more to come later!

thnx for putting up those pics...looks like everyone has been having a great time....I'm really bummed I was'nt able to go...-_-;; well as least I got to show off my son for halloween...So wanted to parade around with him he was tooo cute as baby mario!!!:waaaah:

Katie-chan
11-03-2005, 11:33 PM
Went a little last min but I did go. Sadly my camera brock right befor eleaving so I was useing my father's camera but I didn't like taking it out. So not to many cosplay photos from me sorry. But here is a link to the few I had.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v366/KatieStar/AnimeVegas/