PDA

View Full Version : Scavenger Hunt 05

chaipnai
01-07-2005, 09:49 PM
Here are the things you know for the Scavenger Hunt planned for ALA.

Yana Neko and myself will be heading/organizing this event.

This will be occuring at 1PM on Saturday.

There will be prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place teams. 1st place gets first dibs in choosing prizes.

We will give 30 minutes for the actual scavenger hunt. People may start gathering 30 minutes ahead of scheduled time and form teams. Volunteers may be monitoring the teams that come in early before Yana and I show up. We will wait no more than 5 minutes for late comers. There will be 4 people/team. Give or take 10-20 minutes before and after for rules to be mentioned, lists to be passed out, checking in teams, winners to be announced and prizes to be distributed.

Team names are not mandatory, but make sure you have 4 people/team. So if your group of friends happens to be more than 4, plan on going against friends. It should be fun, right?

Approximate time for everything: ~1 hour
Tentative Starting Time: 1PM Saturday Jan 29
Location: TBA (programming room and outside gathering area, not exact yet)

Please post your comments, suggestions and questions here. Thanks!!

PikminLink
01-07-2005, 11:05 PM
sounds fun...ok count me in^^

Videl-chan
01-07-2005, 11:36 PM
I'm game!!!

Neo_Serenity
01-07-2005, 11:39 PM
Do you have to be in Harry Potter dress? If not, I would love to participate! It sounds like fun!

MPsy
01-07-2005, 11:41 PM
Oh sure why not?

Yana_Neko
01-07-2005, 11:43 PM
As I pimp out the link to this post like mad, I sincerely encourage all of you to participate! I will be purchasing a lot of nice goodies for the prizes - perhaps some artbooks, DVDs, and manga sets. Don't miss out! Tell your friends ^_^

Do you have to be in Harry Potter dress? If not, I would love to participate! It sounds like fun!

Oh, of course not, love! This is open to all ALA attendees. It'll just happen to occur after the Harry Potter Gathering for some of us.

Anele
01-07-2005, 11:54 PM
I may be able to attend. Hopefully the weather isn't going to be like what it was today... T_T

KorosuAkurei
01-07-2005, 11:54 PM
whee! X3 this sounds like fun. I'm in :D

chaipnai
01-08-2005, 12:14 AM
As I pimp out the link to this post like mad, I sincerely encourage all of you to participate! I will be purchasing a lot of nice goodies for the prizes - perhaps some artbooks, DVDs, and manga sets. Don't miss out! Tell your friends ^_^

There will also be candies, glow sticks and some silly string as prizes too!

liddo-chan
01-08-2005, 02:19 AM
mm, I like finding things! I will try to be there ^___^

Neo_Serenity
01-08-2005, 02:38 AM
Oh, of course not, love! This is open to all ALA attendees. It'll just happen to occur after the Harry Potter Gathering for some of us.

Fabulous! It sounds like such fun! I will be there with pjs on! And I'm bringing Missa with me too. ^^

thenonthinker
01-09-2005, 02:12 PM
i'm in, i'm in!

KorosuAkurei
01-09-2005, 02:58 PM
i'm in, i'm in!
wah! if your brother comes as kakashi then you, me, michele, and your bro can be team 7 for the scavenger hunt! :jjacks:

DivineSage
01-09-2005, 03:32 PM
Sounds like fun, I'm in.

Marychan
01-09-2005, 03:52 PM
ooooh how fun. I never had participate in a scavenger hunt at a con before, so this will be my first time.

If noone objects, you should call the meeting time at 1 pm and wait 5-10 minute pass, for anyone who may be late. You should also think of a place to meet too, since its always better to know early ahead of time. :D

So who would like to be in my team? Goes off to think of a team name.........

chaipnai
01-09-2005, 05:26 PM
ooooh how fun. I never had participate in a scavenger hunt at a con before, so this will be my first time.

If noone objects, you should call the meeting time at 1 pm and wait 5-10 minute pass, for anyone who may be late. You should also think of a place to meet too, since its always better to know early ahead of time. :D

It's my first time organizing a scavenger hunt, but Yana has some experience, so hopefully it turns out well. I've been to other hunts at cons, so I know how it should flow for everyone participating in it. ^^

I think the meeting time will most likely be at 1PM (so it gives the cosplayers for 2PM to be at their location in time). So people SHOULD be there by that time, but they can start forming teams ahead of time. Of course there will be some leeway time for late comers, but we'll start when a good number of teams are gathered.

Since I haven't checked out the hotel yet, I can't say where we'll meet, but that should be decided soon enough. It'll be indoors tho, heh.

Kokuu
01-09-2005, 05:40 PM
Ooooo... this sounds like a lot of fun. Count me in too!

LiLChibiLinLin
01-09-2005, 11:28 PM
Sounds like fun! I'm in!

Sana-chan
01-10-2005, 12:22 AM
Ooo sounds kinda fun! What kind of things exactly would we be scavengering for? lol like con things? hotel things? =3

chaipnai
01-10-2005, 12:49 AM
What kind of things exactly would we be scavengering for? lol like con things? hotel things? =3

I don't want to give away *too* much, but yes to both.

You might have to convince people to get certain items. Make sure your group is well rounded with anime-con related knowledge (anime, jpop/rock, video games).

Hazel Chaz
01-10-2005, 03:52 AM
Since I haven't checked out the hotel yet, I can't say where we'll meet, but that should be decided soon enough. It'll be indoors tho, heh.

You should tell our programming team (prog (at) anime-la.org) that you'd like a 1:00 pm Saturday time slot. They ought to be able to put you into one of our two live program rooms. (Either the one in the middle, or the one that has the windows looking out onto location #1.)

thenonthinker
01-10-2005, 08:42 PM
wah! if your brother comes as kakashi then you, me, michele, and your bro can be team 7 for the scavenger hunt! :jjacks:

oh yes. we shall rule all! ....and um find all?

bah i'm a dork.

chaipnai
01-10-2005, 09:07 PM
Chaz: Thanks, I just did!

Seig Warheit
01-11-2005, 01:35 PM
w00t! I am getting more and more pumped for ALA as time goes on! Awesomeness Yana and Luminsnow, just AWESOME.

Yana_Neko
01-11-2005, 09:02 PM
w00t! I am getting more and more pumped for ALA as time goes on! Awesomeness Yana and Luminsnow, just AWESOME.

Thanks for your support! You are in the IE room block, right? We simply must hang out ^_^ ALA will be super fun!

chaipnai
01-11-2005, 10:55 PM
Seig Warheit: thank you : ) (...and it's great to see a lot of people interested in participating!)

PikminLink
01-12-2005, 12:30 PM
uh never mind^^;; but the teams have to be 4 people?

chaipnai
01-12-2005, 03:13 PM
uh never mind^^;; but the teams have to be 4 people?

I have that as a set number per team and Chaz knows this, too. I didn't know what to expect with participant numbers, so I didn't want it to be too much or too little.

How many people do you think will be on your team?

I'd like the number to be as consitent as possible since one team might have a better advantage over another if they have one or two more people than all the other teams. I'll try to see what I can do, but I think it'll be fun to go against the people you know and it's a way to meet new people, too.

PikminLink
01-12-2005, 04:34 PM
okie. works for me, i just wanted to make sure. and it would be fair to everyone if we all have even number teams. ^^im looking forward to this, and i hope it will be alot of fun^__^

Seig Warheit
01-12-2005, 05:45 PM
Thanks for your support! You are in the IE room block, right? We simply must hang out ^_^ ALA will be super fun!

Yes, hanging out is a must!

KorosuAkurei
01-12-2005, 09:01 PM
oh yes. we shall rule all! ....and um find all?

bah i'm a dork.

naruto, sasuke, sakura, and kakashi...team seven...on a terrible and hard mission.....to find.....everything....(or something XD)

------------------------
i've never done a scavenger hunt at a con before ^.^

chaipnai
01-14-2005, 12:38 PM
Time: 1PM on Saturday
~1 hour for everything
Please get there 15 minutes ahead of time. The sooner all teams gather, the sooner the scavengering starts!

(most likely programming room and an outside gathering area)

Team information
Teams may gather as early as 12:15. If Yana and I are not there yet (we plan on being there 12:45), there might be volunteers who can check teams in.

4 People per team, please! No exceptions, (so go against your friends)!

Team names not necessary

Breakdown of events
Pre-scav hunt (rules, team check in, lists to be passed out)
10-20 minutes

Scavenger hunt
30 minutes

Post-scav hunt (teams to come back, winners announced + prize distribution)
10-20 minutes

Anele
01-14-2005, 09:16 PM
Would you like me to add this to the gathering list once a location is chosen, chaipnai? ^^

chaipnai
01-14-2005, 11:44 PM
Anele: Sure! That would be a good idea! Thanks Anele, and I'll contact u when I get the final location.

Anele
01-15-2005, 12:23 AM
No problem at all, chaipnai. ^_~

inuashley
01-17-2005, 10:44 PM
[QUOTE=chaipnai]I have that as a set number per team and Chaz knows this, too. I didn't know what to expect with participant numbers, so I didn't want it to be too much or too little.

How many people do you think will be on your team?

I'd like the number to be as consitent as possible since one team might have a better advantage over another if they have one or two more people than all the other teams. I'll try to see what I can do, but I think it'll be fun to go against the people you know and it's a way to meet new people, too.[/QUO

Can teams consist of people that don't know each other.

chaipnai
01-17-2005, 11:25 PM
Can teams consist of people that don't know each other.

Yes! It's a good way to meet new people! : )

Kokuu
01-17-2005, 11:27 PM
I need a team! Anyone want to adopt me? :thumbsup:

chaipnai
01-17-2005, 11:52 PM
Just a suggestion, but having a team captain would help for the teams.

Every team will be identified by their team number or color (we haven't decided yet).

Hazel Chaz
01-18-2005, 01:17 AM
Every team will be identified by their team number or color (we haven't decided yet).

These are the colors that will be available for identifying teams (if Lumisnow goes with them): red, maroon, pink, peach, rose, neon fuchsia, old gold, orange, yellow, light yellow, bronze, tan, off-white, white, grey, lime green, light green, emerald, forest green, teal, navy blue, medium blue, light blue, blue, turquoise, lavender, purple, black, brown, rainbow, pastel rainbow.

(Bonus points for anyone who figures out why we have this particular list of colors... :) )

Neo_Serenity
01-18-2005, 02:10 AM
Wow! that's quite a list! Can the group from Brilliant Moon (us) be pink? :thumbsup:

ass7ass7ass7in
01-18-2005, 12:53 PM

Stupid arse Mary, you already have one person on your team, that's all you need (joking). Hm...maybe Elyse and Eileen can be part of our team, David 'aint going so..

chaipnai
01-18-2005, 09:39 PM
Wow! that's quite a list! Can the group from Brilliant Moon (us) be pink? :thumbsup:
Sure, I can reserve it for you and your team!

I guess I will go with the colors since the ribbons are already made.

If any other team that wants to reserve now, let me know. This will help me organize better and your team can just check in quickly.

If something happens during the con and a team member is not there, it won't be a problem and we can just scratch it out that day.

Please provide:
1. all team members' name (real and/or aka)
a. real name can just be your first name
b. if you don't have all 4 members, it's ok. just leave blanks.
c. list the team captian as the first name (if your team has one)

2. color

3. team name (if applicable)

Hazel Chaz
01-19-2005, 12:24 AM

Not to complicate matters, but "pink, peach, rose, and neon fuchsia" are all shades of pink. Rose is perhaps the pinkest of the pinks, with neon fuchsia being a more in-your-face hot pink color. "Pink" is actually more pale than the others.

Of course, Lumisnow might just let you pick your color when you check in... since she's already let the cat out of the bag, I'll admit that these various colors I listed are all ribbon colors. We'll give the four of you matching ribbons, and the next team will get another color of ribbons, and so forth.

chaipnai
01-20-2005, 01:30 PM
Live Programing (LP 2) Mulholland Room

That's the place to meet!
Saturday @ 1PM (obviously get there ahead of time!)

inuashley
01-21-2005, 01:38 PM
I need a team! Anyone want to adopt me? :thumbsup:

Hi, my real name is Ashley, and I would be happy to have you on my team. The only problem which may not be a problem is that I only have 2 people on my team, so we will have to find 1 more person to join. If you are interested please contact me at: rurouniashley@aol.com to make up a meeting place.
Thanks, because I kinda needed a team too.

Neo_Serenity
01-24-2005, 12:50 AM
Ok, I guess our team will be Brilliant Moon. There may be a Brilliant Moon #2 added, but I haven't gotten any more response, so this is it for now:

Neo_Serenity
Missa-chan
Videl-chan
Sakurada

(we wanted the pink ribbon) ^^

Thank you!

Yana_Neko
01-24-2005, 01:10 AM
Ok, I guess our team will be Brillian Moon. There may be a Brilliant Moon #2 added, but I haven't gotten any more response, so this is it for now:

Neo_Serenity
Missa-chan
Videl-chan
Sakurada

(we wanted the pink ribbon) ^^

Thank you!

We have you guys down for pink for sure! How could I forget all you lovely ladies? Brilliant Moon - I wish you guys luck! ^_~

I won't be biased or anything, however, no matter how much love I have for you guys :P But, nevertheless, I have faith in your efforts ^_^

Videl-chan
01-24-2005, 08:24 AM
Sank you Yana! I can't wait for the scavenger hunt! It will be mucho fun! =D

Firestar
01-30-2005, 08:37 PM
Aww, its to bad I didnt go Sat, I would have joined ^___^;;

chaipnai
01-30-2005, 11:31 PM
I want to thank everyone who participated in the scavenger hunt. I hope everyone had fun! Thanks for those who helped me at the same time. We'll make sure the hunt is more organized next time and that we get more savvy prizes. : D

Neo_Serenity
01-30-2005, 11:39 PM
I want to thank everyone who participated in the scavenger hunt. I hope everyone had fun! Thanks for those who helped me at the same time. We'll make sure the hunt is more organized next time and that we get more savvy prizes. : D

I loved my prize! I'm totally hooked on Peach Girl now!!! ^^

chaipnai
01-31-2005, 12:05 AM
I loved my prize! I'm totally hooked on Peach Girl now!!! ^^
Yay! I'm glad! Thank yana for that... she provided them!! ^-^

Tokyo Kitty
01-31-2005, 12:28 AM
Sorry I couldn't make it ^_^;;; I got there too late of Saturday ;_;

Mistress09
01-31-2005, 02:50 AM
Thanks goes out to all who ran the hunt, it was very exciting and fun!

M9

Neo_Serenity
02-01-2005, 01:28 AM
Yay! I'm glad! Thank yana for that... she provided them!! ^-^

Thank you Yana-chan! ^^

chaipnai
02-01-2005, 02:55 PM
Thanks goes out to all who ran the hunt, it was very exciting and fun!
Glad you enjoyed it. : )

If anyone has any suggestions for making it more fun, etc, let us know so we can prepare for next year. Thanks! :D

Hazel Chaz
02-01-2005, 03:36 PM
If anyone has any suggestions for making it more fun, etc, let us know so we can prepare for next year. Thanks! :D

Please, no Silly String as a prize? Whoever had it didn't clean up after themselves, there was s.s. on the mirrors in the foyer. (In general, you shouldn't leave a mess for someone else to clean up. Do I really have to print a rule in the program book about this?)

If you'll get me the leftover ribbons from this year, I'll set them aside for next year. (Did everyone get a color they liked?) And I'll order "Winning Team" ribbons for next year's hunt winners...

chaipnai
02-01-2005, 04:00 PM
I will keep that in mind for prizes next time around.

The ribbons were misplaced on my part. I had brought them to the hotel room I was in, and I wasn't able to find them after that. :/

Since the hunt was a little disorganized, we didn't have time to give out ribbons that people wanted (except for two teams).

Hazel Chaz
02-01-2005, 05:46 PM
The ribbons were misplaced on my part. I had brought them to the hotel room I was in, and I wasn't able to find them after that. :/

Please call the hotel (818-997-7676) tell them the room you were in and when you checked out, and ask them if the bag of ribbons was found...

Yana_Neko
02-01-2005, 08:03 PM
I apologise that we didn't have any more prizes. Actually, I had forgotten several items at home. Next year, I promise many, many more and of more variety! And no more silly string! Whoops.

But yes, thank you very much for playing, everyone. We hope to get many more people to play next year and we will be far more organized! I promise ^_^

So yes, please tell us how we can improve on and what you liked and didn't like. Give us some feedback, please and we'll promise to try harder next time. Feel free to PM us about it!

Mistress09
02-10-2005, 02:40 AM
I guess a suggestion would be to be more specific about how you want us to acquire the items. I remember being unsure of whether I could just get a picture of something, or to actually bring the item in.

chaipnai
02-10-2005, 01:37 PM
I guess a suggestion would be to be more specific about how you want us to acquire the items. I remember being unsure of whether I could just get a picture of something, or to actually bring the item in.
Yes! We will do that. XD
I thought I mentioned it over the mic, but I probably said this when everyone was talking amongst themselves. But no problem... I assumed people would understand that in a scavenger hunt, the point is to find and bring back the items... especially when only one item on the list was specified to take a digital picture. @_@ We've learned from the first experience.