PDA

View Full Version : Anime La Harry Potter Gathering!!!

PikminLink
01-08-2005, 06:03 PM
Ok, for all you hp people, there will be a HP gathering at anime la.

The Gathering will be at:
12:00 NOON on Saturday.
At the Gathering place #1. ( http://www.boston-baden.com/hazel/Pix/p.cgi?2005+2805-2+hotel010.jpg )
at 11 there will also be another gathering but its not the main gathering. Thats where my friends and I will be in Uniforms from the 1st/2nd or 3rd movie. anyone can join if you like, be we encourage you all to join the main gathering at noon.^_^

Ill be in my 3rd movie Harry muggle outfit, but ill be wearing my 1st year uniform before the gathering.

There are some of us already joining the gathering, so anyone else interested in joining? the more the better^_^

Post who you will be dressed as ^^.

see ya all there!

Anele
01-08-2005, 07:42 PM
Hey Pikmin. ^^ I'll go ahead and update the gathering list with the main HP gathering. Is the uniform gathering still happening @ 11 (you posted about it in the other thread)?

PikminLink
01-08-2005, 07:51 PM
ok.

yeah but the uniform gathering is something else..the main hp gathering is at noon.

chaipnai
01-08-2005, 09:58 PM
Main: Hermione muggle, 3rd movie

Uniform: Hermione... not sure of 1st/2nd or 3rd yet : /

chaipnai
01-09-2005, 06:02 PM
If the SM PJ gathering takes location one for 11, would the east side of gathering 2 or gathering 3 be ok for uniforms @ 11?

PikminLink
01-09-2005, 06:05 PM
If the SM PJ gathering takes location one for 11, would the east side of gathering 2 or gathering 3 be ok for uniforms @ 11?
yeah we can do that..which ever, they are all nice locations.

Mandy Mitchell
01-11-2005, 09:26 PM
I feel so tempted to pull out my Cho Chang costume.

PikminLink
01-11-2005, 10:15 PM
I feel so tempted to pull out my Cho Chang costume.

hehe do it! do it! :jjacks:

chaipnai
01-11-2005, 10:53 PM
Mandy Mitchell: yeah! it would be so fun if u can make it to either HP gathering. : )

Hazel Chaz
01-12-2005, 01:54 AM
ok.

yeah but the uniform gathering is something else..the main hp gathering is at noon.

Just make sure you let Anele know what you guys decide so she can put both HP gatherings on the list!

(are you talking about having both HP gatherings at the same time, or at different times so people can change out of one outfit into another?)

PikminLink
01-12-2005, 12:23 PM
its actually two different things, the main gathering is the one listed here, and since a couple of my friends and i arent wearing the uniforms(we will be wearing normal clothes from the movie) for the main gathering, we made a separate gathering for us to wear our uniforms together. The small gathering is at 11 though, not at the same time as the main.

Anele
01-12-2005, 07:15 PM
I think Pikmin means that the uniform gathering is a semi-private gathering, Chaz. ^^;;; At least, that's what I think they mean XD. So, I won't put it on the main gathering list if they do not want me to. ^_^ If they want me to add it, I certainly will, not a problem. ^_^ Just let me know.

Videl-chan
01-23-2005, 09:37 PM
I'll be at the gathering in a Gryffindor student costume. Can't wait to see everyone!

Yana_Neko
01-23-2005, 10:31 PM
Just to update:

I'll be Draco, bringing a Pansy, Dean Thomas, and a Ron in the "R" sweater, and I was considering stuffing someone in a last minute ghetto Snape costume.

And yay to Videl for joining us! Think Jubei wants to be a ghetto Snape?

Videl-chan
01-23-2005, 10:40 PM
Just to update:

I'll be Draco, bringing a Pansy, Dean Thomas, and a Ron in the "R" sweater, and I was considering stuffing someone in a last minute ghetto Snape costume.

And yay to Videl for joining us! Think Jubei wants to be a ghetto Snape?

She probabaly would, but if she had the costume, but now that I think about it, she's only going to be there on Friday.

chaipnai
01-23-2005, 10:57 PM
i know someone that might be going as snape! so yah this can work out :D

Hazel Chaz
01-24-2005, 05:39 PM
Would anyone like to explain why they think HP is so popular among anime fans? I don't see people dressing up as Star Wars characters at anime conventions (except for the 501st raising funds for City of Hope), or as Klingons -- so why HP?

And if you think you've got an answer for the phenomenon, don't post it here -- how would you like to be on a panel in our live program about it? Our program dept., prog(at)anime-la.org would like to hear from you. Click here to send them e-mail: http://www.anime-la.org/anime-la/bin/mail.cgi?prog