PDA

View Full Version : Chobits cosplayer

OtakuLuLu
01-08-2005, 08:41 PM
To be a good chi cosplayer would you HAVE to have blonde hair? cause i have brown long hair. would it be affective to the judges because i have brown hair? I was gonna but a wig but ALL of my money was spent on the fabric and the rest is for addmission to mega con .

-otaku

chiku
01-08-2005, 09:36 PM
it probly would because theres SOOO many chis that chi cosplayers just blend in unless they have a AWSOME costume but if u have a awsome skit mabey that would help?

Dewy
01-08-2005, 09:46 PM
Yeah, it'd matter to judges...:/

Tess
01-09-2005, 08:21 PM
I don't know... I've seen many lovely Chii cosplayers that have used their natural hair colour. And the quality of Chii-length wigs is just so awful, unless you're willing to spend a large chunk of money. ^^; I almost prefer to see Chiis with decent [although incorrectly-coloured] hair, rather than Chiis with tangled, matted wigs.

But then, this is the opinion of someone who's never been involved in cosplay judging... It seems to me, though, that the quality of your costume should be more important than your hair colour. ^__^

@-->--- Tess

OtakuLuLu
01-09-2005, 08:33 PM
I don't know... I've seen many lovely Chii cosplayers that have used their natural hair colour. And the quality of Chii-length wigs is just so awful, unless you're willing to spend a large chunk of money. ^^; I almost prefer to see Chiis with decent [although incorrectly-coloured] hair, rather than Chiis with tangled, matted wigs.

But then, this is the opinion of someone who's never been involved in cosplay judging... It seems to me, though, that the quality of your costume should be more important than your hair colour. ^__^

@-->--- Tess

ya , i kinda agree.
if my dress comes out really good people will be looking at the dress , nevermind the hair. but i looked in the '' how to save up your money'' thread and im gonna start a change jar, so... by the end of the month im gonna bring my change to the change thingy in publix and see if i can buy a wig. but if that dosent turn out well , ill just stick to my natural hair color. is that good?

-otaku

Tess
01-09-2005, 08:47 PM
Good luck with that. ^___^ I should start a change jar, as well, LOL.

@-->--- Tess

Honora
01-09-2005, 08:53 PM
Well, you could use hair dye, and dye your hair. Some people don't like to dye their hair, but it is cheaper than wigs. ^^;;

But if you don't think you're hair is long enough a wig might be best.

ElvinSparks
02-08-2005, 06:29 PM
I'm doing Chii at MegaCon too, and I'm just getting the costume together now XD Got my wig...er...yesterday as my hair is blonde but short and am going to have to hunt down some shoes. In other words, don't worry about it. Anyway if it's a lighter brown there are resin statues of Chii with that color hair...used to think it was a different Chii but now I know better ^^

See you at MegaCon!

Fallen)x(Angel
02-08-2005, 06:59 PM
I'm not one to say, but yes, i would consider it to be counted with judges. At oni, they were judging the skits by how funny they were, not by how much they were loved by the audience. So of course, me singing real emotions had NO CHANCE to win a Judges' choice, although more then 20 people can runnning to me from the ballroom, where they were showing the masqurade live, saying I should win an award. But -- *Friend comes and covers her mouth*

Well, as I was saying. I've considered to do a Chi cosplay, but I never found an outfit that I liked besides that one pink one that appears in like the 20th episode... I've also considered a Freya, and I actually managed to start that one, but if I finish it I'll only wear it to a con if I make a group for it. I'm really hoping to do a Kotoko cosplay, so I'm the LAST person to ask about the Chi wigs.

Emma-J
02-12-2005, 06:13 PM
Yeah, it porbably would matter, just get that hair dye that washes out in so many washes. I haven't used it myself I but I have long chii blonde hair, I would swap you for a day but that's how life is.

Chibi Ice Wolf
02-12-2005, 06:24 PM
Unless you have Chii-like hair (bangs, very long and full), missing the wig will detract from the overall look. There are countless girls who pop on ears and run around cons in a random dress and claim to be Chii (no offense to anyone who has done that! It's just not something you should do for a masquerade) and to stand out and be recognized at a masquerade (or wherever you are being judged at), you should have a good wig and a dress that looks like some effort was put into it.

Though at the same time, wearing no wig is better than wearing a tangled heap of plastic wig. >.< I have seen them ruin otherwise beautiful Chii costumes. T.T

Celebrimbor
02-12-2005, 07:10 PM
There are other persocoms in Chobits that have darker hair then Chii but still dress like her, particularly Yumi Ueda. Remember, Chii was wearing Yumi's old work clothes....

Firestar
02-12-2005, 07:21 PM
To be a good chi cosplayer would you HAVE to have blonde hair? cause i have brown long hair. would it be affective to the judges because i have brown hair? I was gonna but a wig but ALL of my money was spent on the fabric and the rest is for addmission to mega con .

-otaku

Hmm. I think so. But thts jus me. U could get like, a $12 bottle of dye & dye it then it'll wash out w/in like, such & such washings. U could also consider urself not Chii, but another (possibley random) persicom & find another Chii to put in ur act & u could be doing something else. But thts jus my opinions...

--Ashley <3 :heart: :love:

Wind Archer
02-12-2005, 07:57 PM
I really know how you feel, I'm planning to do Freya soon, but I'm still thinking about the blonde hair wig thing as well. I have really long natural black hair, and I really wanted to use it for Freya, but I feel like it isn't really accurate, so I might go around and look for wigs.

If I were you though, and there weren't really nice blonde wigs available, I think by all means, you should go as your natural hair colour. It's nicer to see beautiful natural flowing hair than tangled wigs. >_<

Chibi Ice Wolf
02-12-2005, 08:14 PM
Celebrimbor - Yumi is so cute (referring to the persocom, but I love the busty teenager too)! Yeah I'd love to see someone cosplay her!

To people who are saying to dye your hair blonde, you CANNOT. >.< Not with a cheap bottle of home dye anyway. You have to bleach and go to a salon to get it to look nice and it's very expensive. And eventually you'll have to go to the salon to dye it back dark. Unless you're getting a human hair wig or paying way too much for it, a wig will be cheaper than making dark hair blonde.

Wind Archer
02-13-2005, 12:09 PM
^
Yeah that's true, if you dyed it at home, you might not end up with getting exactly what you want, so going to a hairstylist could be a better option(but yeah it is quite expensive >_<).

I don't think I'd be happy with having permanent blonde hair either for a while lol.

Beth
02-14-2005, 10:13 AM
I made Chi's school uniform and I have no desire to have long blond hair like she does. =D

Pink Bunnie
02-15-2005, 12:15 AM
I highly suggest getting a wig. A costume never looks complete when you don't have the appropriate hair. Chi's hair is so thick and long that even if you have blonde hair I'd still suggest a wig. A perfect stunning costume can be brought down a notch by a lack of stunning hair. It matters *a lot* in craftsmanship judging how accurate your hair is as well.

On the other hand tho if you really don't have the money to be buying a wig don't do it. Cosplay is about fun and not about stressing over a lack of money.

Wind Archer
02-15-2005, 09:02 PM
Yeah, I was thinking about that too. My Freya costume is nearly complete but I always had this nagging feeling that it could never be complete unless I had a wig to go with it, so I'm going to be wig-shopping this weekend. >_< And if I do get a wig it will be my first wig as well :), I've never really had a wig before.