PDA

View Full Version : Sakuracon 2005

kitti-chan
01-08-2005, 11:35 PM
who's goin and what do people plan to wear?

kiwi
01-09-2005, 01:04 AM
haha, broad topic :P

I am going, and I am wearing:

Friday -- Waitress Tohru (Fruits Basket)
Saturday -- Sakura-hime, art version dress (Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles)
Sunday -- Empress Youko (Juuni Kokki)

At some unspecified time -- Yumi (Maria-sama ga Miteru)

And that should just about do it for me (although I'll presumably also some EGL outfits for wearing during my downtime). What are *you* wearing? :P

elfinder
01-09-2005, 08:11 PM
Oh at last a 2005 thread wooo!

Here's my basic plan for what I am going to wear.

Friday
-Yuki French from Fruits Basket
Saturday
-Sheena from Suiikoden II (till the photoshoot)
-Wolfram from Kyou kara Maou
Sunday
-Keiki from Juuni Kokki

I'll also bring a lolita! Also a costume just for fun hehehhee. I thought I might bring Kira but I dunno now hmmmm

Jingster
01-11-2005, 04:01 PM
Friday
Rukia (Bleach)

Saturday
Nanami (Suikoden 2) until photoshoot
Riza Hawkeye (FMA)

Sunday
Rukia/Byakuya (shingami?)/Riza (mini skirt yo.)

I really want to wear miniskirt Riza on one of the days ^^;; if it is not Friday then Sunday. If i do wear it on friday night then Rukia will most likely be the replacement.

greg_bianchi
01-12-2005, 09:06 AM
I'm goin'! But... I only have one costume. I might have two, if I finish this one in time. I'm going to be wearing Squall's SeeD outfit for the Whole Con, unless I get my Unknown from Kingdom Hearts costume finished, then it'll be more like this:

Friday:
Squall (SeeD outfit)

Saturday:
Unknown (Kingdom Hearts)

Sunday:
Squall (SeeD outfit)
Unknown (Kingdom Hearts)

Mucai
01-12-2005, 09:45 AM
I have no idea. ^^;;

Vayliss
01-13-2005, 09:37 AM
I'm going to be there.. I just don't know if I'm going to have more then one outfit for the 3 days... this is going to be my first Con that I will be cosplaying at.. so I'm going to try put all my enegry into one outfit.. and try to look the best I can.. if I end up with alot of spare time after done with this one.. I might work on another that, I won't have to put as much time into.. and wear it on my lazy day or something... ( the day I won't feel like wearing the outfit I'm working on now.. there is bound to be one day in that weekend. ) Anyways I will be there. I just need to sign up still. will most liky be this weekend since I get paid then. If I was smart I would of done it like 5 months ago.. but I wasn't sure what I wanted to do then..

greg_bianchi
01-13-2005, 09:47 AM
I'm going to be there.. I just don't know if I'm going to have more then one outfit for the 3 days... this is going to be my first Con that I will be cosplaying at.. so I'm going to try put all my enegry into one outfit.. and try to look the best I can.. if I end up with alot of spare time after done with this one.. I might work on another that, I won't have to put as much time into.. and wear it on my lazy day or something... ( the day I won't feel like wearing the outfit I'm working on now.. there is bound to be one day in that weekend. ) Anyways I will be there. I just need to sign up still. will most liky be this weekend since I get paid then. If I was smart I would of done it like 5 months ago.. but I wasn't sure what I wanted to do then..Same with me, I should have done it 5 months ago. But, I'm planning on paying either today, or tomorrow.

Grencia Mars
01-13-2005, 06:18 PM
Don't know if I'm going yet or not. Anyone coming for McMinnville, OR area? If I do go I'll probably bring either Jessie(FF7) or Tsukasa(.hack)

ZiggyB
01-13-2005, 06:33 PM
I'm probably going this year. My first time at Sakura Con. :)

ssmitty
01-14-2005, 01:57 AM
I"m going again woth my sweetie. Hopefully I get his Wakka done. ^^;; Oh, I've only been *not* working on it for two years...
Female Juste Belmont, Castlevania, (sweetie's going as Richter)
Jeane from Suikoden III with Tetsu
Angel Lily Idol Wedding Peach (possibility)
Sachiko, Marimite
Tifa, Advent Children
(at least 3 of those will be worn, somehow >_>;)

darkenedxstar
01-14-2005, 03:29 AM
Friday
Jainizumu Ruka
Iyagarase Meguru
Kitsunemou ~Kosumo~ Kanon

Saturday
Shounen Terrorist Ruka (with a full group!! YAAAYY~~)
HATE Ruka
Genjou Ayano

Sunday
Surprise cosplay~~!!
Shinjinsen Meguru

and maybe Shiikureta Haru, Kawarenu Haru Aoi.
and yes. All J-Rock. > v <

RainbowSheltie
01-14-2005, 11:11 PM
Not a very big list of costumes, but I'll post what I have. This is my third year attending the Sakura Con.

Friday:
Kuja - FFIX

Saturday:
Unknown (Riku) - KH

Sunday:
Kuja - FFIX
Lafayel - Juvenile Orion

I'll bring Lafayel only if I can fix it up before the convention. :3

Sakura-chan

Pincer
01-18-2005, 12:29 AM
Friday - Guy, Street Fighter Alpha
Saturday - Armor King (If I can get this finished in time)
Sunday, nada. **chuckle**

Kioko
01-18-2005, 10:28 AM
Days aren't really solid but this is what I am looking at right now for my costumes:

Firday
Marie Antionette- Rose of Versailles (Only for a little while because this costume was really for another con.^^;)
Imari- BB

Saturday
Havoc- FMA

Sunday
Iruka- Naruto

I will prob put in some of my other costumes such as Utena or Rydia if I have time to improve them before the con.^^; *Is being costume lazy for this con^^;*

ClaireR
01-18-2005, 08:31 PM
I wish I was going! I'll more than likely be stuck in MS during that time :( Though I'll be trying to get either some leave or overnight liberty and an out-of-bounds chit for either sakuracon or norwescon.... haven't quite figured out which one to try for yet.... or if I should try for both.... the worst answer I could get is no.

And for those that don't know what I'm talking about, I'm in the military awaiting tech school classes to start up (and the classes will be 3 months long), so I have a very limited range I can go off base, and need to request to leave the base overnight/out of the maximum range/etc etc etc. :razz:

Kumi-chan
01-19-2005, 10:08 PM
Yay Sakura Con! This'll be the first time I'm going to a con with more than one costume (I hope...bad lazy cosplayer!), so I'm looking forward to the experience. My plans:

Friday-- I'll probably wear my purple yukata to start out with (which I'll also be wearing to the masquerade ball that evening), then possibly switch to my revamped Sango travelling outfit for the afternoon.

Saturday-- Demon-Slayer Sango for the morning and early afternoon, unless it really gets warm (unlikely, but it's good to plan ahead). Possibly some Merle from Escaflowne if it gets warm. Then it's Shampoo for the rest of the day, as part of the small Ranma group I'll be in (Genma in Panda Form, Ranma-chan, and Soun Tendo). For the techno dance, I'll do my Merle outfit. (Least likely to make me overheat on a crowded dance floor. Plus, it's fun to make my tail swing around.)

Sunday-- Shampoo for the morning and the fashion show, then back into my yukata for the closing ceremonies.

I just hope I can do a good job on my Shampoo wig. It's gonna require so much extra fiber! Ah well. Back to practicing my Chinese!

Cattiva
01-25-2005, 11:23 PM
I'm going as Kuradoberi Jam from Guilty Gear. *nod*

Kaoru_Diru
01-26-2005, 03:59 AM
I'm going one day, but I'm not sure what day. I'll be going as Kaoru (In his Kimono thingy..) from Dir En Grey.

Eurobeat King
02-03-2005, 02:41 AM
I bought my airline tickets tonight, so it looks like I'm all set for Sakuracon 2005!! (Airline, pre-reg., and hotel are all taken care of!) :bigtu: Can't wait to return to Sakuracon for my 3rd year in a row, and this year I'll be there for 4 full-days: Thursday afternoon to Sunday afternoon!! :D I remember last year I got there at 9am in the morning and just slept for most of the day in the cheap motel up the block, since there weren't any cosplayers until the late afternoon.. (I might go have lunch at the sushi-place at the JetMotel up the block.. really good!)

So if you plan to cosplay on Thursday, I'll be there taking photos after 2pm, and then in the evening until it's time to sleep, cos the busy weekend begins earrly on Friday. And this year since the CherryBlossomFestival Parade in San Francisco doesn't conflict with S-con, I'll be there until 4pm on Sunday, so for those who cosplay on that final day I'll still be taking photos until I collapse or head off to the airport.. heehee ;)

I'll probably NOT wear any costumes the entire weekend, so I'll just be wandering around the Convention Center, the Hilton, and the Marriott in normal-clothes, taking pictures.

See you all in about 2 months!! :skidude2:

Jingster
02-03-2005, 02:58 AM
Actually, i was wondering if anyone will be cosplaying on Thurseday? I might arrive there in the evening but i still want to run around the con before it gets packed XD; . I also do not mind doing photoshoot for people who is cosplaying from the same series as my friends (Bleach, Suiko, FMA, GS, whatever) don't kill me if my photoskills suck. XD;;
(this might be the only tim e i get to roam around the con area because the artist alley will suck meh life out for the weekend)

greg_bianchi
02-03-2005, 03:48 AM
I bought my airline tickets tonight, so it looks like I'm all set for Sakuracon 2005!! (Airline, pre-reg., and hotel are all taken care of!) :bigtu: Can't wait to return to Sakuracon for my 3rd year in a row, and this year I'll be there for 4 full-days: Thursday afternoon to Sunday afternoon!! :D I remember last year I got there at 9am in the morning and just slept for most of the day in the cheap motel up the block, since there weren't any cosplayers until the late afternoon.. (I might go have lunch at the sushi-place at the JetMotel up the block.. really good!)

So if you plan to cosplay on Thursday, I'll be there taking photos after 2pm, and then in the evening until it's time to sleep, cos the busy weekend begins earrly on Friday. And this year since the CherryBlossomFestival Parade in San Francisco doesn't conflict with S-con, I'll be there until 4pm on Sunday, so for those who cosplay on that final day I'll still be taking photos until I collapse or head off to the airport.. heehee ;)

I'll probably NOT wear any costumes the entire weekend, so I'll just be wandering around the Convention Center, the Hilton, and the Marriott in normal-clothes, taking pictures.

See you all in about 2 months!! :skidude2:
I thought that the convention started on friday...? I mean if it dsoe start on Thursday, then I'm definatly going to be cosplaying! ^_^

Eurobeat King
02-03-2005, 04:32 AM
Jingster & greg : I know there are quite a few # of people pre-registering on Thursday, and there are some cosplayers, so Thursday is more like a pre-con day for people to get there, get their rooms, and settle-in before the con begins on Friday. Thursday the only thing that's happening is pre-reg. from like 4pm-9pm (don't quote me on the hours.. the website may have the exact hours) and last year people lined up before pre-reg. opened and some wore costumes while they waited. So I was there, taking pics of everyone who wore a costume that afternoon and early evening. And I'll do likewise this year at Sakuracon 2005 as well. :) So if you're in a costume, I'll take a few pics which will be THE FIRST pics I post when I get back, so it's nice to cosplay on Thursday before the con begins!

greg_bianchi
02-03-2005, 05:53 AM
Jingster & greg : I know there are quite a few # of people pre-registering on Thursday, and there are some cosplayers, so Thursday is more like a pre-con day for people to get there, get their rooms, and settle-in before the con begins on Friday. Thursday the only thing that's happening is pre-reg. from like 4pm-9pm (don't quote me on the hours.. the website may have the exact hours) and last year people lined up before pre-reg. opened and some wore costumes while they waited. So I was there, taking pics of everyone who wore a costume that afternoon and early evening. And I'll do likewise this year at Sakuracon 2005 as well. :) So if you're in a costume, I'll take a few pics which will be THE FIRST pics I post when I get back, so it's nice to cosplay on Thursday before the con begins!
Oh, awesome. I'm already going to do it on the internet though...But I can come anyways, right? Lol. See you there!

elfinder
02-03-2005, 01:50 PM
Actually, i was wondering if anyone will be cosplaying on Thurseday? I might arrive there in the evening but i still want to run around the con before it gets packed XD; . I also do not mind doing photoshoot for people who is cosplaying from the same series as my friends (Bleach, Suiko, FMA, GS, whatever) don't kill me if my photoskills suck. XD;;
(this might be the only tim e i get to roam around the con area because the artist alley will suck meh life out for the weekend)

Oh JJ can you do a photoshoot for Me, Thea and Affy? We want to wear our BB costumes for a photoshoot XD.

Jingster
02-03-2005, 02:24 PM
*screams at elfinder* ;_; are you robbing my innocent?! especially with my ROY wearing a SKIRT!?....yes of course i will do a photoshoot for you guys psst. -_-' since when did i start not taking photos for you guys? However, judging by our bus schedule, we will be at the hotel around 8...

All others > How about we organize some sort of the meet right after the prereg or some time so we can gather all the cosplayers together on thurseday? =)

elfinder
02-03-2005, 02:28 PM
Lol yes mwahahahahha Thea and I are stealing your Roy XD. But oooh thankies for doing the photoshoot! Yeah we will be there around 7-8ish. I say he check in a then quickly go get our pre-reg lolz. I think it closes at 9 (god I hope so) then we can take some photos!

kiwi
02-03-2005, 06:32 PM
Lol yes mwahahahahha Thea and I are stealing your Roy XD. But oooh thankies for doing the photoshoot! Yeah we will be there around 7-8ish. I say he check in a then quickly go get our pre-reg lolz. I think it closes at 9 (god I hope so) then we can take some photos!

*pokes* I'll be there, too. but not in any coordinating costumes, I guess... Yeay for Thursday cosplay! You get to hear the first snarky comments by the anti-cosplay too-cool-for-this-con brigade ("*cosplay?* Isn't it a little early for the *cosplayers* to be out? *mutter mutter*") ;)

Kioko
02-03-2005, 06:39 PM
XD I better actually start to get around to making my BB costume for Thursday... ^^;; Thursday photo fun!!*grabs onto Jing and Elfinder* I might even have more BB cosplayers to add to the group too if all goes well. Tristan might be down there at S con so he can be our boy!

Speaking of robbing Roy's innocence... I can see it now on... Roy, Havoc waking up in bed togther Riza walks in.XD

*coughs* I mean^^;;Thats for another day...

greg_bianchi
02-04-2005, 12:10 AM
*screams at elfinder* ;_; are you robbing my innocent?! especially with my ROY wearing a SKIRT!?....yes of course i will do a photoshoot for you guys psst. -_-' since when did i start not taking photos for you guys? However, judging by our bus schedule, we will be at the hotel around 8...

All others > How about we organize some sort of the meet right after the prereg or some time so we can gather all the cosplayers together on thurseday? =)
I'll be there! :bigtu: I don't know what costume I'll be wearing though...Still have to think on that one. IF, and only if, I'm done with my Hamtaro mascot costume, I'll wear it then! ^_^ :crest:

elfinder
02-04-2005, 12:58 PM
*pokes* I'll be there, too. but not in any coordinating costumes, I guess... Yeay for Thursday cosplay! You get to hear the first snarky comments by the anti-cosplay too-cool-for-this-con brigade ("*cosplay?* Isn't it a little early for the *cosplayers* to be out? *mutter mutter*")

Of course you will be there Kiwi! *hugs* yes you can get some photos done too ^^ we'll grab you for some photos with us. Even if it's not a matching costume it will be fun!

The_Bunkey
02-12-2005, 01:59 AM
Hiya! ^_^ I'm cosplaying as several characters this year! I only did Lina last year...
Friday: Michael from Angel Sanctuary (3 costumes)
Saturday: Son Goku from Saiyuki
Sunday: Alice, from Alice the 19th
Lina Inverse from Slayers
and maybe Rath from Dragon Knights... depends on how much money I have left after Alice's costume ^_^;;;

avskull
02-14-2005, 09:07 PM
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=274487
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=274425

and rufus from ff7

Apsara
02-20-2005, 07:54 AM
Hopefully I'll be going. If I am:

Friday:
random white lolita,
Talim of Soul Calibur II,
RCGTBTM or Random Cardboard Gun Toting Babe,

Saturday:
Lilith/Rirusu of Trinity Blood,
Talim of Soul Calibur II,
RCGTBTM,
random white lolita (when I get sick of the other costumes)

Sunday:
very likely not going to be there.

By the way that TM is a joke...just in case you can't tell.

Apsara

Jingster
02-20-2005, 05:28 PM
Apsara!! so you were the one with the TB costume @_@ omegosh i can't wait to see it!!

Apsara
02-21-2005, 03:20 AM
Yes. *grins* I wish someone else would go as a character from Trinity Blood as well, but...I'm pretty sure it'll be insanely popular when the anime comes out since it's being done by the same people who did Last Exile.

Even if I didn't know Studio Gonzo would do it, I could tell by the anime's hideous style. I hate how Last Exile anime looks. I just hate it. But Thores Shibamoto is on the art production team and she's quite happy with it from what I've read. >.< I can't believe she'd be happy with the hacked up splats of paint that are supposedly the characters.

Anyway, I'd better stop or I'd start ranting myself into a ban. XD

Apsara

Anza
02-25-2005, 07:39 AM
I've got so many costumes I don't know what to do :D! LOL... I plan on going as Gunner Yuna (finally got my gunnzzz) Summoner Yuna (hand embroidery hell) and a ton of Rei costumes. I also plan on doing Ayane's default costume from DOA.

I hope to see you there! :D You are definitaly one of my favorite photographers. And now that I'm not in charge of helping a giant group of sailor moon cosplayers pull their crap together I can actually make my costumes look GOOD!

eee~~~ just posting this makes me so excited! \(^o^)/

Grencia Mars
03-10-2005, 10:24 PM
A bunch of peeps from my school are heading up to SC and planning a FF Tactics group. Anybody whose interested in joining for photos or something like that can plan for Saturday. It looks like we're going to have 5 to 10 people.

HentaiNoTenshi
03-11-2005, 03:44 AM
You bet... I wouldn't miss it for the world!

I'm not sure what I'm going to wear. Definitely my Kill Bill Bride costume.... maybe Cammy or Battle Angel again. I'm not sure. :\

Yay, I can't wait to see you again, Eurobeat!

Eurobeat King
03-11-2005, 04:37 AM
HentainoTenshi: It's been a long time, L.! :) It's like the last time I talked to you was AT Sakuracon 2004, or briefly afterwards online to see if you liked the pics I took of you! But always a pleasure to see you and take your pictures, esp. your Cammy and Battle Angel Alita. Please keep me posted if you plan to wear those again, and what days. Thanks! *hug*

brocas
03-11-2005, 08:37 PM
You bet... I wouldn't miss it for the world!

I'm not sure what I'm going to wear. Definitely my Kill Bill Bride costume.... maybe Cammy or Battle Angel again. I'm not sure. :\
!

Hey, I know you - your Battle Angel kills, the best I've seen. We'll probably have a small studio set up in the hotel, so whatever you've got, stop by and we'll do a photo shoot. (Cammy's nice too; I didn't realize that was you at AX)

HentaiNoTenshi
03-12-2005, 01:04 PM
Yes, Al, it's been a while! I'm glad the Cherry Blossom festival doesn't conflict with the convention this year for you. It's coming up fast!
Hey, I know you - your Battle Angel kills, the best I've seen. We'll probably have a small studio set up in the hotel, so whatever you've got, stop by and we'll do a photo shoot. (Cammy's nice too; I didn't realize that was you at AX)
Thanks!!! I really appreciate that. :sunny: I remember you, too. You're the guy that's always wearing a leather jacket and the biker hat, right? You stopped me for pictures in the Hilton hotel lobby when I first wore my Battle Angel costume! BTW, I still have the large print-outs of my Battle Angel and Saraphim costumes you made for me. Thanks! See you at the con. :)

Ferra
03-13-2005, 03:17 PM
This will be my first year going in costume, however I did attend last year. I only have two costumes so far.

Friday
Kagura from FB

Saturday
Kagura from Inuyasha

Sunday
One of my Kagura costumes, unless I find another one

Yeah, pretty lame, but I'm happy I can at least cosplay this year. I hope to see some good costumes too, I'll bring my camera this time. ^^

The~Wind
03-13-2005, 11:29 PM
I'm at least going on Saturday because I have to perform with my cosplay group. I'm going to be Sailor Uranus on Saturday. On Friday and Sunday, the costumes are up in the air. I might just raid my friend's costume closet and choose a costume from there.

Sakitodream
03-13-2005, 11:31 PM
Ill be there thurs night to sunday. YAY. looooong weekend. Ill be dressing in Harujuku style clothes, looking like a mana clone maybe...

And then Sakito's Shonen terrorist and OUtlaw costumes. Basically im te Jrocker guy walking around or selling sakura con stuffness. YAY

greg_bianchi
03-14-2005, 05:40 AM
So, since I forgot to pre-register... Does anyone know what time I should be there inorder to make SURE that I get in? When do people sart lining up, and where do they? I've never been to Sakura Con before, so I'm a little new at this. Lol. ^_~ Thanks!

HentaiNoTenshi
03-14-2005, 11:10 AM
So, since I forgot to pre-register... Does anyone know what time I should be there inorder to make SURE that I get in? When do people sart lining up, and where do they? I've never been to Sakura Con before, so I'm a little new at this. Lol. ^_~ Thanks!
If you can get there Thursday to pre-register, I highly recommend that. The registration line starts forming around the building very very early on Friday. If you want a good spot in line, I suggest you get there between 6 AM and 7 AM. I'm not sure what time reg opens, though... perhaps 9 AM? I hope that helps a bit!

gogirlanime
03-14-2005, 05:33 PM
I am, I'm going as the Duty Ayumi Hamasaki a j-pop artist and the old 1980's anime character Creamy Mami of Creamy Mami, I'm doing Ayumi on Friday, cuz that's the day of the karaoke contest, and Creamy Mami on Saturday, I never go Sunday, I get too tired after Saturday lol.

gogirlanime
03-14-2005, 05:35 PM
If you can get there Thursday to pre-register, I highly recommend that. The registration line starts forming around the building very very early on Friday. If you want a good spot in line, I suggest you get there between 6 AM and 7 AM. I'm not sure what time reg opens, though... perhaps 9 AM? I hope that helps a bit!

HEY I remember you last year, your costume is FANTASTIC!! I hope to see another cool costume from you this year, or the same Gally costume! I'll be dressed up in a catsuit btw if you see me.

ClaireR
03-15-2005, 10:02 PM
I'll be flying in late thursday and be leaving early afternoon saturday (yah! my request has been approved :)) so far, I have planned:
Friday: Haru (The Cat Returns), possibly also Chiyoko Fujiwara (Millennium Actress)
Saturday: Sakura Shinguji (Sakura Wars), some Resident Evil costume or another (either Claire or Jill from 1, 2, 3, or Code:Veronica.... haven't quite decided yet), possibly also Chiyoko Fujiwara again
Sunday: haven't decided, yet.... it may be a repeat of Haru, or a different RE costume.... depends on how I feel and how long I have before I have to leave to come back to Mississippi. (gah!, I hate MS! :sulk: )

Eurobeat King
03-17-2005, 04:06 AM
HentainoTenshi: I'll be there in the early afternoon before pre-reg. opens. :) But if someone forgets to pre-reg. and shows up on Thursday, will the con be doing AT-CON registration that same day, or JUST pre-reg. Most cons usually do pre-reg. only the day before the con starts, and those doing AT-CON registration have to wait until Friday morning..

Endless
03-19-2005, 05:59 PM
HentainoTenshi: I'll be there in the early afternoon before pre-reg. opens. :) But if someone forgets to pre-reg. and shows up on Thursday, will the con be doing AT-CON registration that same day, or JUST pre-reg. Most cons usually do pre-reg. only the day before the con starts, and those doing AT-CON registration have to wait until Friday morning..

Thursday evening is just for pre-registered. Friday morning will be the first opportunity for normal registration.

Eurobeat King
03-20-2005, 07:39 PM
I figured that TH is just for pre-registration. Hopefully greg_bianchi, whom forgot to pre-reg. will read that and know that if he gets there on TH, he can't do at-con reg. and will have to wait until Friday..

greg_bianchi
03-23-2005, 12:11 AM
I figured that TH is just for pre-registration. Hopefully greg_bianchi, whom forgot to pre-reg. will read that and know that if he gets there on TH, he can't do at-con reg. and will have to wait until Friday..
v_v;; I'm bad... Lol. yep, I know that I can't register Thursday. Thanks for the post though! But hey, should I still come on Thursday, just so I can check everything out, and see where we get in line to register on Friday?

PikminLink
03-23-2005, 12:35 PM
i should prolly be getting there on thursday..dont know when exactly..

ill be taking Ocarina of Time Link, Lttp Link, Chainmail Link, Marth, Kakashi, and maybe Tezuka if i finish my seigaku jacket and pants intime. I hope to wear my Links on Saturday, and the rest friday and sunday..

Captain Jack
03-27-2005, 02:31 AM
I'll be going! Haven't been to Sakura Con yet....Or even Seattle for that matter.

Anyways, I'm bringing:
Friday through Saturday morning - Jecht (Final Fantasy X)
Saturday noonish through Sunday - Link (Legend of Zelda)

I've been asked to bring Jack for the masquerade, so he should make an appearance as well.

Should be a lot of fun!

Acire
03-27-2005, 02:39 AM
who's goin and what do people plan to wear?

Yuna FFX-2, just waitin on the boots in the mail and it will be 100% done.

Acire
03-27-2005, 02:41 AM
v_v;; I'm bad... Lol. yep, I know that I can't register Thursday. Thanks for the post though! But hey, should I still come on Thursday, just so I can check everything out, and see where we get in line to register on Friday?

If that's a question on where the registration area is, it's right in the front of the convention center, in the main foyer area, to the left at a small window. There is usually a line, so just look for that.

Acire
03-27-2005, 02:43 AM
I am, I'm going as the Duty Ayumi Hamasaki a j-pop artist and the old 1980's anime character Creamy Mami of Creamy Mami, I'm doing Ayumi on Friday, cuz that's the day of the karaoke contest, and Creamy Mami on Saturday, I never go Sunday, I get too tired after Saturday lol.

What song? I might do the contest, although I'm not sure if I'll sing Ayumi, I could never do her songs justice.

greg_bianchi
03-27-2005, 03:09 PM
If that's a question on where the registration area is, it's right in the front of the convention center, in the main foyer area, to the left at a small window. There is usually a line, so just look for that.
Well, I plan on getting there REALLY early, at around 5 or so. I'll be there with my friend. SO, do you think that there'll be a line then...?

PikminLink
03-28-2005, 12:50 AM
well it looks like i wont be attending this year....due to personal reasons

Acire
03-28-2005, 09:42 PM
Well, I plan on getting there REALLY early, at around 5 or so. I'll be there with my friend. SO, do you think that there'll be a line then...?

I honestly don't know. I'll try to be there at 6 or 7 - It opens up at 8 supposedly. Don't know if any of us will recognize each other, but if not we can all come back to the forums after the 10th and see if we saw each other lol

greg_bianchi
03-29-2005, 02:51 PM
I honestly don't know. I'll try to be there at 6 or 7 - It opens up at 8 supposedly. Don't know if any of us will recognize each other, but if not we can all come back to the forums after the 10th and see if we saw each other lol
Well... We could weAR a nametag or somthing that says our cosplay.com name... And my screen name IS my name, so all you have to do is check my badge. Ha-ha. ^_^ Also, I think That it opens at 9. But, I'm still getting there really early so that I can be 100% sure, He-he.

Acire
03-30-2005, 08:16 PM
Well... We could weAR a nametag or somthing that says our cosplay.com name... And my screen name IS my name, so all you have to do is check my badge. Ha-ha. ^_^ Also, I think That it opens at 9. But, I'm still getting there really early so that I can be 100% sure, He-he.

Checked the site and with the staff, it said 8 so I'd be there early if I were you.

greg_bianchi
03-30-2005, 09:08 PM
Checked the site and with the staff, it said 8 so I'd be there early if I were you.
Wow, ok. Yeah, I'm leaving at around 4:45 to get there. I'll be there by 5:15. So, I'll see you there! ^_^ I'll be in my Squall costume! ^_~

Acire
03-31-2005, 08:13 PM
Wow, ok. Yeah, I'm leaving at around 4:45 to get there. I'll be there by 5:15. So, I'll see you there! ^_^ I'll be in my Squall costume! ^_~

Oh that's awesome, squall's the hottest guy ever!! Well look for me, Yuna from FFX-2 although I'm sure they'll be tons of them. By any chance can you help me with something? My friend wanted to go as squall but the costume is hard to come by or make, you think you can help us out with some info or anything? We've made the gunblade (out of wood, it looks great) and hope to have him go next year as squall. Feel free to pm me, :heart: !

greg_bianchi
03-31-2005, 08:26 PM
Oh that's awesome, squall's the hottest guy ever!! Well look for me, Yuna from FFX-2 although I'm sure they'll be tons of them. By any chance can you help me with something? My friend wanted to go as squall but the costume is hard to come by or make, you think you can help us out with some info or anything? We've made the gunblade (out of wood, it looks great) and hope to have him go next year as squall. Feel free to pm me, :heart: !
You can go to a comissioner or somthing... He-he. But, if you haven't pre-registered or somthing, I'll be waiting in line REALLY early, so come and find me! ^_^

Captain Jack
04-02-2005, 02:07 AM
Awww Pikmin aint goin!

Well I guess I'll just have to whoop on Agahnim all by me onesies.

Umm...I think we're arrivin sometime Thrusday night. Drivin up all the way from San Diego does make it tough to know exactly what time we'll arrive. XD

kitti-chan
04-02-2005, 11:08 AM
*wheeeeee* It's almost here! Yay! Now to stop the procrastination and get my costume done....errr.. I mean started.

greg_bianchi
04-02-2005, 02:50 PM
*wheeeeee* It's almost here! Yay! Now to stop the procrastination and get my costume done....errr.. I mean started.
I know exactly how you feel. v_v

Eurobeat King
04-03-2005, 01:49 AM
Pikminlink: Sorry to hear that you can't make it. :lost: I'm sure a lot of people were looking forward to seeing you costumes, but they'll understand.

I checked the weather for Seattle next weekend, and it looks like RAIN will be hitting Sakuracon ALL weekend long.. :waaaah: It's expected, since it seems to always rain during the S-con weekend, so everyone be ready for wet (but fun) times next weekend. :) :(

RainbowSheltie
04-03-2005, 03:00 AM
I have to say, in the pacific northwest, just about everyday is rain season. -_-'' About the only time we get sun, is maybe for about two weeks near the end of summer. Of course, that's just talking about sunny AND warm days. Everything else is just sunny and cold. I would actually be surprised for really good weather more then one day in a row before June. "....."

Sakura-chan

Eurobeat King
04-03-2005, 03:08 AM
RainbowSheltie: Maybe we might get lucky next weekend and have (at least 1) some days of sunshine. Last weekend at AniZona it was supposed to rain all weekend but it was clear & sunny all weekend. :) I'm hoping that Sakuracon will have some clear days, cos I myself will be doing a lot of outside walking during the weekend, and last thing I need is another cold after the weekend.. :thumbsup:

AFadingDream
04-03-2005, 03:47 AM
Me and Captain Jack are coming from Zanark...errr...La Mirada, CA, to be specific. It's going to be one hell of a drive! We're going to be Tidus and Jecht, we look forward to meeting all you crazy kids there!

Eurobeat King
04-03-2005, 05:55 AM
AFD: Too bad you can't bring Rogue Marvel and/or Velvy with you.. (unless they are planning to come up also) It'd be nice to see them switch costumes again (like at AniZona) and become Tina & Yufa!! heehee But still it's good to see So.CA people taking the looong drive up to Seattle for S-con. You'll have fun! :D

Rogue Marvel
04-03-2005, 01:07 PM
oh i shall be coming up...vevly can't make it but i will be there as yuna, marin, elizabeth and sakura!

so many costumes to pack @_@

i really hope it doesn't rain too much because that would just ruin some of my costumes -_-

oh well...can;t wait to leave!

Acire
04-05-2005, 02:03 AM
Pikminlink: Sorry to hear that you can't make it. :lost: I'm sure a lot of people were looking forward to seeing you costumes, but they'll understand.

I checked the weather for Seattle next weekend, and it looks like RAIN will be hitting Sakuracon ALL weekend long.. :waaaah: It's expected, since it seems to always rain during the S-con weekend, so everyone be ready for wet (but fun) times next weekend. :) :(

Uh ... I don't remember it raining last year. In fact, it was quite nice and sunny. I'm not far from the Seattle area, in fact, I'm about a 10 minute drive from the hotel, and it's been quite sunny in my area. *crosses fingers for the weekend!*

Acire
04-05-2005, 02:04 AM
oh i shall be coming up...vevly can't make it but i will be there as yuna, marin, elizabeth and sakura!

so many costumes to pack @_@

i really hope it doesn't rain too much because that would just ruin some of my costumes -_-

oh well...can;t wait to leave!

Yuna from FFX or FFX-2? I'll be Yuna from FFX-2, in case you see me around!

greg_bianchi
04-05-2005, 02:06 AM
AHHHH!!! It's so close!!! I can't wait! Gah... Hurry up already... Man... I wish it was Thursday... He-he. =D

Eurobeat King
04-05-2005, 02:29 AM
Acire: I must be thinking of 2003 Sakuracon.. :thumbsup: I don't remember last year since my memory fades within a year.. hehe But yeah, I hope that this weekend will be clear & sunny. :)

Acire
04-05-2005, 04:18 AM
AHHHH!!! It's so close!!! I can't wait! Gah... Hurry up already... Man... I wish it was Thursday... He-he. =D

Thursday? Oh sorry I won't be there until Friday. Look for a Yuna named Erica, maybe we'll take a pic together... although it might freak out my friends with me haha.

Acire
04-05-2005, 04:19 AM
Acire: I must be thinking of 2003 Sakuracon.. :thumbsup: I don't remember last year since my memory fades within a year.. hehe But yeah, I hope that this weekend will be clear & sunny. :)

haha yeah, it feels so far away but still ... not that long ago in some ways. we're all hoping for clear skies but you never know over here. see you around? ^_^

AFadingDream
04-05-2005, 04:33 AM
Al, we agreed it was "Tuna" when Velvy dressed up as Yuna remember? lol. Yeah man, I'll be taking roguemarvel, but no Velvy this time unfortunately :(. Me and Rogue will definetely meet up with you at some point up there though! So Cal people ...dare I say it...."PWN"!!!!!

Rogue Marvel
04-05-2005, 02:32 PM
I'll be dressed up as ffx yuna

I'm all hyped up!

leaving tomorrow!

kitti-chan
04-05-2005, 07:55 PM
Yay my procrastination isnt ruining everything, my costume is almost done! Well I dont really know anyone on here anynmore but I hope to see ya'll there.

This is the first con I will be able to attend for a whole weekend.(went to kiumoricon on Labor day)

I will have only 2 costumes though,

Lumiere- Kiddy Grade
Ulala- Space Channel 5

odango-mango
04-07-2005, 11:21 PM
i'll be leaving early in the morning for Sakuracon heheh see you all there!

I'll be Ash on Friday then Tsunade on Saturday^^

greg_bianchi
04-08-2005, 12:38 AM
Well, I'm going to sleep! Getting reading for the convention! He-he. I'm going to be getting there at around 5am. I don't know if I'll wear my costume since I was unable to get boots for it... v_v I don't know where to get any either. Heh. Well, if you see me there, (I MIGHT be in my costume) waiting in line or somthing, come up and say hi! ^_^