PDA

View Full Version : VCS Katsucon '05 T-shirts??

zekitty
01-09-2005, 11:54 AM
I wasn't sure if I could post this in the "Get together at Katsu '05?" thread or make a new thread... So I flipped a coin and Coin Sensei told me to make a new topic. XD Seriously.

Anyways, I've been moping around this site: http://www.zazzle.com. You can design your own t-shirts, and you can get a major discount for ordering more than one! For example:

The price of one shirt is $13.45. The price of 2-11 shirts is $12.78. The price of 12-49 shirts is $12.11. The price of 50-99 shirts $11.17. (But I don't think we'll go that high. XD)

So yeah! I was thinking (we don't have to do it) that we could design a shirt specifically for the VCS members that attend Katsu, order them, and then pass them out at the gathering on Saturday! :3 So that way we can remember that day when we realized we're not alone! XD

*dansu dansu* Whatcha thinkie everyone?? I'm all for it!! :bigtu:

bigwil
01-09-2005, 09:41 PM
Sounds interesting....*bows to Coin sensei*+_+

Wakusei
01-09-2005, 10:42 PM
Why not find a place offline? An online place may only have certain design choices, but in my own opinion the shirt might mean a bit more by letting members of the VCS design one. We could then compile the designs and therein have a completed t-shirt design. Doing that would make it more personal, but that's just my opinion.

A funny thing...
Before you posted this topic I was batting the idea of creating T-shirts for my group. I came across such a plan because when I was in South Hill (attending an anime club meeting) across from the gas station I saw a printers.

Riji
01-10-2005, 12:01 AM
I know there are two places in Cville that do custom printing. My old high school's cheerleading squad used one on one occasion. I remember when the girl got off the phone with them, she said the prices were really high. I think they were around $20 a shirt.

zekitty
01-10-2005, 06:22 AM
Wakusei: You can make your own designs on zazzle, there are absolutely no pre-made designs. You can upload a pic from your computer, decide the colour of your t-shirt, decide the STYLE of your t-shirt, choose from hundreds of fonts, etc. I've already designed three shirts but haven't ordered them yet. They're so kawaii...! *huggles them*

Riji: I know of a few places nearby that do shirts. One is my Graphics Communications teacher/yearbook advisor, but the problem with that is that the only shirts we could silk screen onto will be these crappy practically-see-through white t-shirts. *grumble mumble* There's two places by my church that I used to go to as well. They charge for the t-shirt and also charge for how much ink you'll use, where you want the design to be, etc. The prices just add up... I called there last night and practically fell off my chair. They said they did "high quality printing," but I think that's just a ripoff. If you know of a better place then please look into it!

What I like about zazzle.com is that you only pay $12.78 for 2-11 shirts, whereas if you order offline, it costs a lot more for 2-11 shirts. But let's look into our options here, ne? :3

bag0k
01-10-2005, 05:42 PM
Wakusei: You can make your own designs on zazzle, there are absolutely no pre-made designs. You can upload a pic from your computer, decide the colour of your t-shirt, decide the STYLE of your t-shirt, choose from hundreds of fonts, etc. I've already designed three shirts but haven't ordered them yet. They're so kawaii...! *huggles them*

Riji: I know of a few places nearby that do shirts. One is my Graphics Communications teacher/yearbook advisor, but the problem with that is that the only shirts we could silk screen onto will be these crappy practically-see-through white t-shirts. *grumble mumble* There's two places by my church that I used to go to as well. They charge for the t-shirt and also charge for how much ink you'll use, where you want the design to be, etc. The prices just add up... I called there last night and practically fell off my chair. They said they did "high quality printing," but I think that's just a ripoff. If you know of a better place then please look into it!

What I like about zazzle.com is that you only pay $12.78 for 2-11 shirts, whereas if you order offline, it costs a lot more for 2-11 shirts. But let's look into our options here, ne? :3
*raises hand* how would we pay for the shirts? Would you or someone else pay for 'em all and we pay you back when we receive them? I just want that cleared up...
But I'm all for it! Les go T-shirts!

I've gotten a custom T-shirt done at a local T-shirt place and boy was it ever overpriced... I think like, $25. But it was embroidery. (sp?) Can you possibly link to the shirts you've designed so far? I'd like to see 'em!

Riji
01-10-2005, 07:04 PM
I'd love to see your designs too! :toothy:

I've been messing around a bit with zazzle and I agree with you guys that it's better than getting it done in a local shop. I thought you'd only be able to get white t-shirts through zazzle but you can get other colors/styles! It's so exciting! XD

bigwil
01-11-2005, 02:40 AM
Finally my input..Can anybody say good mascots and shirt designs....would change the TC to VA...someone*cough*..zekitty... with a good colorin' program could help with colorin maybe.put circle or some geometric shape around it and virginia cosplay society around and blam bling and ba-da-boom we got ourselves a good lookin' shirt...whattcha all think.. :chatah:

Wakusei
01-11-2005, 01:22 PM
I'll post my design on here as soon as I can get over to my dad's house and scan it in. I don't have a scanner here.

I am intrigued by your designs, Wil. Maybe we can combine efforts and have 1 female and 1 male. Since you've already shown a couple girls I'll sketch up a couple guys. Nobody ever uses guys or a group of both, so we could really stand apart.

bigwil
01-11-2005, 06:58 PM
I'll post my design on here as soon as I can get over to my dad's house and scan it in. I don't have a scanner here.

I am intrigued by your designs, Wil. Maybe we can combine efforts and have 1 female and 1 male. Since you've already shown a couple girls I'll sketch up a couple guys. Nobody ever uses guys or a group of both, so we could really stand apart.
I kinda funny we have go thru same thing with da scannin and all...Sounds like a creative fusion in process!! :bigtu:..Artist represent!!!

Star_Angel
01-11-2005, 10:08 PM
I kinda funny we have go thru same thing with da scannin and all...Sounds like a creative fusion in process!! :bigtu:..Artist represent!!!
I think that it would look so awesome together! and it will be completely the VCS 's original desighn.

zekitty
01-12-2005, 06:00 AM
Buaha, ph34r t3h VCS!! *ninja*

I'd post my t-shirt designs, but they're not THAT great. Though...there is one funny one. XDD I'll post it here sometime afterschool today - I got the fabric for my Cait Sith PJs and I've been going crazy making them. XD

zekitty
01-13-2005, 06:38 AM
Bah-ness. I can't post them. >.< It'll let me view the shirts but won't let me take them. Grr.

Anyways... So what's te master plan then??

Riji
02-04-2005, 11:09 PM
Um, we could be ghetto and buy UVA shirts that just say Virginia on them and write Cosplayers underneath it in fabric marker. XD

Then again, it could probably end up looking like the attachment if we can't find said shirts. ^^

bigwil
02-05-2005, 03:27 AM
Um, we could be ghetto and buy UVA shirts that just say Virginia on them and write Cosplayers underneath it in fabric marker. XD

Then again, it could probably end up looking like the attachment if we can't find said shirts. ^^
Well hopefully it won't come to that...lol^^

Anyways... So what's te master plan then??
Well I was waitin on Wakusei's input....then we ,plan,then finialize it.....put some color to it maybe...and the get the t-shirt process goin'.......well other than that :chatah:

VIVA LA KATSU!!!!!:japan:

Riji
02-05-2005, 07:48 AM
Well hopefully it won't come to that...lol^^
VIVA LA KATSU!!!!!:japan:
I hope not either. :)

So...where do we stand now?

zekitty
02-05-2005, 08:46 AM
I dunno. x.x; I've already given the input on the t-shirt peeps in my area who charge an arm and a leg, and I've also given my input on zazzle.com.

Anyone else have any ideas? Any other businesses that're cheap and quality? We should take into acount how many t-shirts we need and what kind we want. o.o It would be cool to pass out t-shirts at Katsu, but then people who aren't from VA (or WV) would be taking them...

Star_Angel
02-05-2005, 02:30 PM

Ha Ha Ha!! thats funny!!!

LaPetiteSalope
02-06-2005, 11:48 PM
I say go with good ol' sharpie. Lol. If worse comes to worse, we can tattoo ourselves--put "I -heart- Virginia Cosplayers!"

bag0k
02-07-2005, 04:33 PM
*raises hand and jumps up and down*
Ooh! Maybe before or after the shoot or Friday or Thursday or somethin' we can all meet up in the food court and we have a potluck of t-shirt coloring supplies and we all bring in T-shirts and have a party! :D!!!!!!
...k. too many cookies for me. Just a suggestion! Homework time!

Edit: K, it took me like, 7 steps away from the computer to have something to add to that. Maybe someone with a super-cool font could write in big text "VA Cosplay Society" or somethin', then we each individually print it out on iron-on paper and iron them to the shirts for consistency before it? I dunno. I'm just trying to delay reading To Kill a Mockingbird.:eeek: Gosh, I despise that book!

Star_Angel
02-07-2005, 04:36 PM
*raises hand and jumps up and down*
Ooh! Maybe before or after the shoot or Friday or Thursday or somethin' we can all meet up in the food court and we have a potluck of t-shirt coloring supplies and we all bring in T-shirts and have a party! :D!!!!!!
...k. too many cookies for me. Just a suggestion! Homework time!
Yeah go get that homework done! we want you to come to Katsu!!! lol, just kidding but i hope you do well so you can come!

bigwil
02-10-2005, 02:34 PM
Well since we haven't heard anything from wakusei...I wouldlike try to get the zazzle thing going if possible....well If can the updated version my first character up here by sunday or not..well from what I seen and read that zekitty has photoshop...so I figuring she simple color the first character or both...so we can see it color..put in any suggestions..the get the zazzle dazzle thing going....so what do u all think think about my plan...:japan:

Riji
02-10-2005, 02:38 PM
Well since we haven't heard anything from wakusei...I wouldlike try to get the zazzle thing going if possible....well If can the updated version my first character up here by sunday or not..well from what I seen and read that zekitty has photoshop...so I figuring she simple color the first character or both...so we can see it color..put in any suggestions..the get the zazzle dazzle thing going....so what do u all think think about my plan...:japan:
Sounds good. Although I think it's a bit late to be trying to get t-shirts, unless we were to say order them by Monday. Wouldn't do any good for them to arrive while we're at Katsu. :p

bigwil
02-10-2005, 02:48 PM
Sounds good. Although I think it's a bit late to be trying to get t-shirts, unless we were to say order them by Monday. Wouldn't do any good for them to arrive while we're at Katsu. yeah..good point..maybe it's my frustration talkin a little bit...XD..but maybe this could go towards AMA....guess we could do the t-shirt party..ealier stated..

Riji
02-10-2005, 03:12 PM
yeah..good point..maybe it's my frustration talkin a little bit...XD..but maybe this could go towards AMA....guess we could do the t-shirt party..ealier stated..
Yeah, AMA would be better at this point. Doesn't mean we can't aim for Katsu, but it's going to be difficult to get it done in time. My list of stuff I have to do before next weekend is still pretty long even though I finished Daishi. I have to juggle that and school. I feel your frustration. :)

zekitty
02-10-2005, 03:31 PM
Hai, definately wait until AMA. But at least we sorta semi-know where we stand! :3