PDA

View Full Version : How would you work a mixed cosplay group?

AnimeParty
12-29-2002, 08:53 AM
Any ideas for a mixed character cosplay skit?

Troppy
12-29-2002, 09:38 PM
hehe, actually this is done ALL THE TIME...I can't really tell you what TO do, but I can tell you what NOT to do. DON'T do a multi-character gameshow, unless you can make it the most wonderful, hilarious thing the audience has ever laid eyes on. It sounds cute, but don't. Sooo overdooone... x_X At ACen 2k2, SO MANY groups did just...general quiz show skits. Sooo redundant...

sorakins
12-29-2002, 10:20 PM
Yeah, since the 2001 masquerade I did notice an increase in gameshows.... people liked the idea and ran with it.

My only other thought is... don't use Pocky... that is extremely over done.

AnimeParty
12-30-2002, 10:28 AM
We have like, Fruits Basket, Fushigi Yuugi, Love Hina, Sakura and prob alot more...

Ranma Saotome
12-31-2002, 12:30 AM
Try spoofing a commercial or something.

Studmaster
12-31-2002, 12:41 AM
Don't give away ideas, damnit!! :D

Ranma Saotome
12-31-2002, 06:01 PM
I wasn't! Well technically I wasn't! :D

JoeBoeing
01-06-2003, 04:04 PM
well, you could take the cast of differant shows and have it be a "on the set" situation when they go out for a break and have to cross the set of a rival shows cast.

FRom,
Joe

soshi
01-06-2003, 05:44 PM
try connecting it with voice actors?

or, when you're making a group, string characters together that have similar appearences or attitudes, ect.

Sciguy
01-06-2003, 07:37 PM
if you were only doing two animes, a West Side Story musical-like skit would be cool. That would be hilarious if you could pull it off! Instead of Jets vs. Sharks, you could have Sailor Moon vs. Sakura Wars or something. HA!

TheAnarCHris
01-14-2003, 01:18 AM
if you were only doing two animes, a West Side Story musical-like skit would be cool.

Yeah unless your planning to use it for animeNEXT 2k3, That's our gimmick dammit!!! >/<

Xanthix
01-17-2003, 03:17 PM
Sometimes it pays off to concoct a situation where the characters would meet each other (a game show, "on the set"), and sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it's better to just come up with something funny that everyone in the audience will get. Consider this: if you choose one medium-popular series, maybe half the audience will know the characters and get the in-jokes. If you mix two or three anime, fewer and fewer people will know all the characters and be able to enjoy it. So maybe just mix all the characters and make some general anime/gaming/convention jokes.

AnimeParty
01-17-2003, 07:29 PM
Thanks for all your advice.
Starwind824 - don't worry, we won't take yours. see you there thou.

TheAnarCHris
01-18-2003, 02:30 AM
LOL I know I just find it funny that someone mentioned an idea I already had planned out. ^_^=

Lafiel
01-23-2003, 02:32 AM
We had that problem at Anime North, 4 characters that had nothing in common.
Panda Genma (Ranma), Kanoshi (Spirted away), Kurumi (Kurumi), Mint (Galaxy Angel).

We ended up dancing to the Guu opening.
I think it turned out well.
Dancing works if the characters have nothing in common :)

TheAnarCHris
01-27-2003, 07:43 PM
We ended up dancing to the Guu opening.
I think it turned out well.
Dancing works if the characters have nothing in common

Or Violence, violence solves everything, look at DBZ.

Nine
01-27-2003, 08:16 PM
Here's an idea. Pick a person with the noticably best costume. Focus around him/her. what do they do in their animes? What things can you spoof that will get the audience laughing? Maybe that character loves an anime character that has basically the same name as another person's character they're cosplay, except it's from a different anime. ^^

just brainstorm, and have fun!:)

AnimeParty
01-27-2003, 10:11 PM
Thanks alot. We prob aren't gonna do it for the Shoujo con cause we commissioned bits and parts of costumes. Maybe the AnimeNEXT where the costumes we mostly made (easy ones).

Psychotic Jei
02-23-2003, 02:07 PM
At Fanime last year, we did a Weiss Kreuz/Card Captor Sakura skit....based on the whole good vs evil thing. You can find connections in the weridest places.

djmihoshi
02-26-2003, 08:10 PM
Yes, quiz shows such as jeopardy and millionare and whatnot have all been done before, but i don't think anyone has hit on the reality tv idea yet...

my cosplay group was originally gonna do an 'American Idol' type skit. Get 3 judges, 2-3 cosplayers, one being absolutely horrible, blah blah blah. You can use the idea, we've scrapped it now.

...or something survivor related. Get someone cosplaying as some sorta animal...let's sayyy...a boar from mononoke...or menchi....and get some guy to hunt it...and vote him out.....
hmmm......::writes down idea to use in future cosplay skit::

Selphie_fairy
02-27-2003, 04:35 PM
hehe lol i was thinking about a final fantasy vs. harry potter but since you arent doing those costumes it wouldnt help hehe^^; i think the west side story skit is a good idea^^ heck i might even do it lolz