PDA

View Full Version : Pump It Up (korean machine dance)

Legato/Machan
07-06-2002, 06:39 PM
Who here knows the Pump It Up, a korean machine dance? Here in Brazil we have the DDR but the Pump It Up is more popular. What about you guys, have you ever played the Pump It Up?
Well, I can't pass the Hard level for several reasons

Medellia
07-06-2002, 07:20 PM
I'm listening to the Pump It Up cd right now ^_^ I love the music! I like Pump better than DDR myself, but DDR seems to be more popular (at least, better known) than Pump is here in Washington State. I would guess that that's true of most of the US though. I wanna cosplay the mascot girl for Pump but (like almost everything else ^_^;) I don't ever seem to get to it... ^_^;;

Scoti
07-06-2002, 09:12 PM
I haven't actually played it but I saw a demo of it at a convention. It looks alot harder and even the demo people were having problems keeping up. The music to me seems about the same so I'm starting to collect both

Babbit_Chan
07-06-2002, 09:39 PM
I haven't actually played it but the arcade in my city got the machine so if no one's looking I might be able to try it out ^^;;

Ukayoru no Chou
07-07-2002, 05:26 PM
Lol- I've played it once..o_o but it was for like , three seconds.
I think I'll stick to DDR. I have enough trouble with that as it is....

=_=

Legato/Machan
07-07-2002, 09:28 PM
Well, DDR is cool, it has some good musics, but I think that Pump It Up is what we call more "style". I'm from a japanese famaly but I really like the Pump and dance the Mr. Laprus!!!

Ranma Saotome
07-08-2002, 02:57 AM
PiU is trash. It's good, but I prefer DDR. Around here, if you mention PiU, get ready for a fight.

Ali-kun
07-08-2002, 09:09 AM
Hmm, I have heard that it is not as good as DDR, but I don't know why. It is apparently just one of those facts - the sun shines, the sky is blue, PiU sucks. I imagine that if I tried it I would not be bad, but I would probably not be good either - the pad looks too big to be able to mesh well with. Unless you had really long legs or something.

6-panel DDR, however, kicks lots and lots of ass XD Sadly, you cannot get up on the pad with another person and kick THEIRS, since it is solo and all. Aww.
I saw they had a solo pad at A-kon but...I was afraid of all the scary good people. I am not afraid of good people on my home turf, but... *shrugs*

DDR MAX2 has the coolest songlist. Two words: "Burning Heat"

Medellia
07-08-2002, 02:24 PM
Well, I'm a clutz so I'm not good at DDR or Pump, but I find Pump easier to dance on. The board feels more comfortable to me ^_^ And Pump has much, much nicer animation. But I think either way you choose, you should support any dance games you can so the companies get the message that we're interested! =D

Ranma Saotome
07-08-2002, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Ali-kun
6-panel DDR, however, kicks lots and lots of ass XD Sadly, you cannot get up on the pad with another person and kick THEIRS, since it is solo and all. Aww.
I saw they had a solo pad at A-kon but...I was afraid of all the scary good people. I am not afraid of good people on my home turf, but... *shrugs*

DDR MAX2 has the coolest songlist. Two words: "Burning Heat"

6-panel DDR?! Sounds like Solo 2000. Burning Heat?!

Sobakasu + Tsugaru > Burning Heat :D

Legato/Machan
07-09-2002, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Ranma Saotome
PiU is trash. It's good, but I prefer DDR. Around here, if you mention PiU, get ready for a fight.

Why you say that? I don't know, I prefer both PIU and DDR but here you can only find the PiU, but DDR ... wel it's another story.

Ranma Saotome
07-09-2002, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Legato/Machan

Why you say that? I don't know, I prefer both PIU and DDR but here you can only find the PiU, but DDR ... wel it's another story.

Cuz I played both and I think PiU is trash. ^^

Babbit_Chan
07-09-2002, 04:24 PM
Ah Ranma you are so right about Max2 XD But anyway, pIU is slowly making it's way behind DDR, I think. More and more places down here (No. Cali) are getting/thinking of PIU. It can't be ALL that bad. Just needs more players >>;;

Ranma Saotome
07-09-2002, 10:41 PM
One thing is for sure... Andamiro is putting out US releases of PiU whereas Konami isn't and vendors are importing the boards.

Ali-kun
07-10-2002, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Ranma Saotome

6-panel DDR?! Sounds like Solo 2000. Burning Heat?!

Sobakasu + Tsugaru > Burning Heat :D

You are so wrong. For pure music purposes, Burning Heat is so wonderfully great XD
Sadly, the first time Ryan and I went to Cyber Zone it was not yet unlocked, and the latest time we went it was indeed unlocked, but we learned this after exhausting ourselves on the ParaPara Paradise machine and retreating to the food court for a smoothie...and then hearing the familiar strains of said song coming from the arcade as we were about to leave x.x

Living in America = utter cuteness. And a fun dance, too, although it still hasn't got Witch Doctor on trick beat for fun steps.

I did not play whatever it was they had at Akon that had one pad...I am not imagining things, it did have six panels, didn't it? I have no clue what version it was. The machine itself said 4th mix, I believe...but I did not wait in line to play because I was with Erin and we were wandering off somewhere else *G*
...I was in Naoki costume at the time, so if they had had 5th mix there I would have played at least one game X

dancincutie_22
05-30-2006, 10:50 AM
I love pump way better than DDR. I started on pump so DDR is just that much more confussing to me.:cheers:

dancincutie_22
05-30-2006, 10:53 AM
Where can you get a CD with Pump music? I have tried so hard and only ended up with disappointment:bigcry: :confused:

Eurobeat King
05-30-2006, 10:56 AM
Old thread.. wrong section.. soooo closed.