PDA

View Full Version : MGS3 Snake Costume help needed

MGS3-Snake(BB)
01-11-2005, 06:31 PM
:chatah: i am going to a parade in April, And i need help on my costume. I am dressing up as snake but cant find some of the items. I need the strapps that cross on his back and go down and come up in the front. Does any one have any ideas? I also need his belt. All ideas given will be greatly appreciated :dance:

Pliskin
01-11-2005, 10:07 PM
:chatah: i am going to a parade in April, And i need help on my costume. I am dressing up as snake but cant find some of the items. I need the strapps that cross on his back and go down and come up in the front. Does any one have any ideas? I also need his belt. All ideas given will be greatly appreciated :dance:

I believe he wears a load-bearing-harness of some sort, possibly an ALICE. Very popular before the advent of the load-bearing vest (what Solid Snake wore in MGS2).

I'm still looking around as original ALICE equipment is kinda out-dated and tough to find.

EDIT: I think this is as good as you're gonna find, unless someone knows of a good surplus site. You might also want to try-out any local Military surplus stores. They tend to have stuff lying around that you can't normally buy at the websites.

http://www.blackhawkindustries.com/product_detail.asp?product_id=2673&d=
its an H-style harness, but you could take the back out of the belt, cross them over, and then run them back into the belt. Oh, and it comes in black.

FYI, the belt and suspenders are part of the same thing. The suspenders are there to help distribute the weight of everything he's carrying at his waist, and make sure his belt doesn't fall down over his ankles. :rofl:

Trooper715
01-12-2005, 03:36 AM
IMS Plus (http://www.imsplus.com/)

Blackhawk industries is very expensive. IMSPlus isn't the cheapest place in the world (that honor is reserved for the appropriately named Cheaper Than Dirt (http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/)), but their prices are more fair than blackhawk, and though not incredibly fast, they have a good selection (Cheaper Than Dirts inventory changes constantly), and I've dealt with IMSPlus in the past several times without problems.

I don't know what the suspenders he has are (they are not the Y suspenders, I can tell you that much), and some of the pouches are problaby unavailable from IMSPlus

His pouches don't seem to be M16 pouches either (larger sized), but really, for a costume M16 pouches should look fine. Or hunt through cheaper than dirt.

He also appeart to have a rappelling harness (the straps around his crotch). So far as I can tell, those are more costly than is generally worth purchasing. Better off just making something that resembles them at home. (creative modification of belts should work)

I'll do some more research tommorow (gotta finish some stuff and head to sleep soon), but that should be enough for you to get a start. Browse through IMSPlus and cheaper than dirt for stuff that catches your eye.

If you're looking for high-end stuff like blackhawk, another site I reccomend would be USCav.com, though I've never ordered from them myself.

And when in doubt, there's always ebay.

MGS3-Snake(BB)
01-12-2005, 08:06 PM
Thanks for the help. i'll look into those web pages later i got to eat now but i will keep u guys posted on how i am doing. Thanks again!!

LancerFoxtrot07
01-13-2005, 02:06 PM
Hit up your local surplus store also. You should find Snake's/Big Boss' load-bearing gear there. As for his harness, you can go to a fabric store and ask for their web-straps. You can sew those to fit you, and you can find all the doodads at the fabric store as well.