PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil Cosplay Group?

AkitoSohma
01-12-2005, 06:56 PM
After I went back and actually checked the freakin' dates on the messages I replied to (I always forget to do that >_<) I decided to make an updated post.

I'm planning on perfecting the Jill Valentine costume I wore last year at Oni-Con and the Steve Burnside costume I made for Oni-Con but never got to wear is being edited a bit as well. I'd love to join up with any Resident Evil cosplay groups at A-Kon this year, if I'm wanted ^_^ In fact, I was planning on asking around here if anyone wanted to join up with me. My boyfriend might be Wesker again, it all depends on if we can fix his costume up some more. The jacket he was wearing is starting to fall apart just a bit ~_~

...God, I'm a perfectionist @_@.

But, like Oni-Con, I doubt I'd be able to bring my prop revolver. It's a non-working old BB gun and even when i let the Oni-Con security check it out and put a sticker on it saying it was okay, I wasn't allowed to carry it around, not even in the holster I made (it ended up being used as a mini-purse ~_~).

I was mad...

I'm working on recruiting some of my friends (most haven't been to a con before) as Resident Evil characters. So far, I have:

Jill Valentine (RE:3 and REmake) -- Myself
Ada Wong (RE:4) -- my friend Rachel (MAYBE)
Steve Burnside (RE:CV) -- Also myself *CANCELLED*
Chris Redfield -- my friend Jacob if he can get leave time
Albert Wesker (RE: CV) -- My ex-boyfriend *CANCELLED*
Leon S. Kennedy (RE:4) -- my friend Alex
Ada Wong (RE:2) -- possibly my friend Rachel, she hasn't confirmed
And maybe a few of my other friends who don't have the time and money to make costumes, but still wanna participate, are going to be our zombies. ^_^

I'd really like a Leon S. Kennedy (RE:2) though ~_~ If anyone is interested in joining up with us, post here, pleasie-please?

LancerFoxtrot07
01-13-2005, 04:17 AM
I've had good success with my Redfield Costume. Funny enough, it's also my second and only good costume. There's a friend/ex of mine who went with me to AFest as Jill. I haven't been back to cosplay.com in a while, so I don't know if she still posts here.

ilovegackt
01-19-2005, 05:52 AM
Im going to try and Sew Resident Evil 3 Jill!! I will get back to you as soon as possible!

AkitoSohma
01-19-2005, 02:42 PM
Im going to try and Sew Resident Evil 3 Jill!! I will get back to you as soon as possible!

Yay! *hug* This'll be so cool if it all works out ^_^ I'm having to go by an army surplus store this weekend and get dual shoulder-holsters and a few other things for my Jill costume and a couple of the other people coming with me. Oh yeah, bay-bee, we're gonna be decked out :skidude2:

ilovegackt
01-20-2005, 06:21 AM
Wee Hopufully I can get it done in time!!! ^____^

raiko42
01-20-2005, 09:23 PM
We were suddenly inspired to do a Regenerator and a Merchant costume- which we might wear to A-kon. We were looking for any specifically RE4 people that might be interested in meeting up before or at A-kon for some photos? However, we will be busy most of Saturday, so we'd be most able to meet Friday or early Saturday. This is still in the early planning stages- but we thought we'd throw a line out there.

ilovegackt
01-20-2005, 10:42 PM
I have a Ada wong outfit from RE4, but it doesn't have the butter fly designs on it. http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=260926 Here is a headshot. I will post the whole dress soon.

PirateKitty
01-20-2005, 11:43 PM
Well... through the night it seems like we now have plans for a Leon, Merchant and a regenerator in our little group. Possibly a Luis (if I can convince my boyfriend...mwahaha)

AkitoSohma
01-21-2005, 03:32 AM
Dude, having a Merchant around would be SWEET!

Looks like a lot of folks are going to be RE:4 based. That's cool ^_^ We don't discriminate!

Just thought of something...Wouldn't it be FUNNY if we had an Alfred Ashford wandering around with us!! :rofl: Too bad I don't have the money (nor the skill) to make his costume...My boyfriend looks more like Alfred than Wesker!

I dun care what anyone says, Alfred is hot XD and Wesker is too :love:

(I dunno, I'm just totally out of it right now, it's 3:30 AM!!)

PirateKitty
01-21-2005, 10:54 AM
Raiko and I are psyched... of course- it will be a challenge to juggle this and out other ::cough:: con duties- but it will be worth it. :)

Pincer
02-04-2005, 09:06 PM
I'll be doing my RE: Apocalypse STARS uniform that friday of the con. That is if I don't have anything popping up to keep me from going. Just waiting on my tactical vest and pants to get here. Everything else is ready to go! Doing a couple of personal touches to the uniform, like my own name tape on the right breast of the shirt and I'm using a leg holster for my pistol. Then I'm packing a 12 gauge. **chuckle**

rpd_girl
02-13-2005, 09:21 PM
ack! I'll have to re-do my Jill RE1 costume.... cause my active Jill costume is RE3. >.< But if we can make it you'll have a Jill (or I can do my RECV claire) and a Richard Aiken (or Chris, if we re-order the vest that never came in time for Numa). Not def. that we are going... but I'd love to try!

bluesummers73
02-20-2005, 06:47 PM
No Alice?

Hmm...maybe....just maybe....

ilovegackt
02-26-2005, 09:25 AM
Your going to A-kon? Omg! You like make a kick ass Jill I envy you!!

AkitoSohma
04-09-2005, 11:54 PM
Looks like I'll be sporting a Jill RE1 and RE3 costume! Wheee! Also, another friend of mine who is in the army is trying to get some leave time so he can be our Chris XD

Edward and Ein
04-12-2005, 08:22 PM
After I went back and actually checked the freakin' dates on the messages I replied to (I always forget to do that >_<) I decided to make an updated post.

I'm planning on perfecting the Jill Valentine costume I wore last year at Oni-Con and the Steve Burnside costume I made for Oni-Con but never got to wear is being edited a bit as well. I'd love to join up with any Resident Evil cosplay groups at A-Kon this year, if I'm wanted ^_^ In fact, I was planning on asking around here if anyone wanted to join up with me. My boyfriend might be Wesker again, it all depends on if we can fix his costume up some more. The jacket he was wearing is starting to fall apart just a bit ~_~

...God, I'm a perfectionist @_@.

But, like Oni-Con, I doubt I'd be able to bring my prop revolver. It's a non-working old BB gun and even when i let the Oni-Con security check it out and put a sticker on it saying it was okay, I wasn't allowed to carry it around, not even in the holster I made (it ended up being used as a mini-purse ~_~).

I was mad...

I'm working on recruiting some of my friends (most haven't been to a con before) as Resident Evil characters. So far, I have:

Jill Valentine (RE:3 and REmake) -- Myself
Ada Wong (RE:4) -- Me again (MAYBE) and my friend Rachel (MAYBE)
Steve Burnside (RE:CV) -- Also myself
Chris Redfield -- my friend Jacob if he can get leave time
Albert Wesker (RE: CV) -- My boyfriend
Leon S. Kennedy (RE:4) -- my friend Alex
Ada Wong (RE:2) -- possibly my friend Rachel, she hasn't confirmed
And maybe a few of my other friends who don't have the time and money to make costumes, but still wanna participate, are going to be our zombies. ^_^

I'd really like a Leon S. Kennedy (RE:2) though ~_~ If anyone is interested in joining up with us, post here, pleasie-please?

More than likely we'll be easy to find. Just look for a Jill Valentine strolling along with a Wesker :skidude2: in the main room near the badge desk with a possible small following of zombies ^_^''

Ed decided to be Ashley instead of random zombie this year! :thumbsup: :schitzo:

Edward and Ein
04-15-2005, 03:30 PM
My boyfriend Matt is going as Leon yay! Ed's bin begging him for days to cut his hair for the costume he's already dirty blonde! Which should he go as? With or without the jacket? and which gun? I say the shot gun! It's my favorite! The only problem is that he looks a lot like him but, Ed doesn't look much like Ashley Ed can't figure out a way to make Ed's ears stick out like Ashleys! Also Ed's friend Bradley is going as Wesker :skidude2: ! I'll be hideing behind Leon most of the time:walkoff: and if I get seperated just so you know it's me screaming LEON! Ed's looking for a zombie guy that can lift 108 lbs. it would look good in a picture if zombie guy picked me up over his shoulder like in the game!:juggler:
-Ed

Fatal Framed
04-15-2005, 06:46 PM
My boyfriend Matt is going as Leon yay! Ed's bin begging him for days to cut his hair for the costume he's already dirty blonde! Which should he go as? With or without the jacket? and which gun? I say the shot gun! It's my favorite! The only problem is that he looks a lot like him but, Ed doesn't look much like Ashley Ed can't figure out a way to make Ed's ears stick out like Ashleys! Also Ed's friend Bradley is going as Wesker :skidude2: ! I'll be hideing behind Leon most of the time:walkoff: and if I get seperated just so you know it's me screaming LEON! Ed's looking for a zombie guy that can lift 108 lbs. it would look good in a picture if zombie guy picked me up over his shoulder like in the game!:juggler:
-Ed

yep, i'm bradley.... i've never been to an Anime convention period! Thank goodness i'm going to a-kon. i heard it was one of the best. Yes i'm going as albert wesker and i hope to see you all there. Ed too ^^ :)

Trust me, you Will have a wesker(the Re4 mercenaries one, but its still cool)

Edward and Ein
04-15-2005, 06:55 PM
I don't know you! HOW DO YOU KNOW MY NAME?! I WANT MY PLUSHIE BACK! -threatens with bag of mushrooms- :schitzo:

Fatal Framed
04-16-2005, 09:05 PM
So is this a definate on the RE cosplay group?

i'm looking forward to this.. ;)

AkitoSohma
04-19-2005, 02:17 PM
From what I can tell from my end, there is a definite Jill (RE:3 DEFINITELY, REmake looks iffy), Chris (my army friend), Leon (RE:4, another friend), and Ada (RE:2 or RE:4 not sure yet). I was going to be Steve as well, but it looks like I'll leave Steve home in exchange for my Akito Sohma (Fruits Basket) costume. It's my first and still favorite ^_^

Zombie #666 MAY OR MAY NOT show up, but I hope he does ~_~ It's looking less and less like our REC:V Wesker will be showing up.

I'm trying to figure out a good meeting place and time, so I'll keep you all posted here, okay?

Fatal Framed
04-19-2005, 06:52 PM
From what I can tell from my end, there is a definite Jill (RE:3 DEFINITELY, REmake looks iffy), Chris (my army friend), Leon (RE:4, another friend), and Ada (RE:2 or RE:4 not sure yet). I was going to be Steve as well, but it looks like I'll leave Steve home in exchange for my Akito Sohma (Fruits Basket) costume. It's my first and still favorite ^_^

Zombie #666 MAY OR MAY NOT show up, but I hope he does ~_~ It's looking less and less like our REC:V Wesker will be showing up.

I'm trying to figure out a good meeting place and time, so I'll keep you all posted here, okay?

Ok, Sounds awesome! :thumbsup:

ilovegackt
05-02-2005, 05:36 AM

I will still be going as Jill Valetnine RE3 style, hopfully we have a RE group, Im really excited, I love RE so much!!! For once I get to meet other RE cosplayers!! ^____^ Give me an email if anything comes up!

Enigmagir
05-08-2005, 04:53 PM
Alright! Nice group we got going here! I am revamping just about my whole Jill outfit. (Wearing a short wig this time, new shirt, shoulder holsters, the RIGHT shoes, and better guns) My friend will cosplay with me as Claire Redfield! yay^_^

So please, if you will, add another RE:3 Jill, and a Claire.
What day are we doing this on? It would be helpful, considering I am bringing about 6 costumes, to know what time of day we are doing this. (Day or evening)

EDIT: Oh duh. I forgot...I will have about 2-3, maybe more, zombies joining as well!!

Fatal Framed
05-08-2005, 08:25 PM
What about ganado's? :((resident evil 4)

LancerFoxtrot07
05-10-2005, 03:59 AM
I'd love to go as Chris Redfield [Black Uni] again this year, but I'm dating someone new and kind of breaking her into cons. Unless she decides to go in costume, I'll just spectate this year.

Enigmagir
05-10-2005, 01:26 PM
Well I for one am CERTAINLY happy that you are going, Lancerfoxtrot. ^_^Tee hee, I must say you are quite the looker. *no pure thoughts*

Pincer
05-17-2005, 09:56 PM
Definitely going now! Got all my leave stuff approved and plane ticket purchased. And my RE: Apocalypse costume is complete!! Be wearing the generic STARS costume on Friday! Saturday I got something else I'll be wearing.

PirateKitty
05-25-2005, 11:02 AM
Op.... looks like a change of plan for my group. We're still planning on the merchant, Leon, and Luis- but lack of time (and excess of other con duties) will have me as a ganados likely. Because I can probably thrift most of that. The questions is- should I be a chainsaw wench- or the good doctor?

Enigmagir
05-25-2005, 12:21 PM
BTW< what day ARE we doing this group cosplay thing? It really needs to be on one day, so I can get pics of all of us together.(as well as everyone else)

Fatal Framed
05-25-2005, 06:09 PM
I can do either friday or saturday, i just need to know the time

Pincer
05-25-2005, 09:02 PM
Like I said, I'm doing my outfit on Friday. And choose a good sized spot for everyone to mill around a bit and to get some good group photos. I say first floor of the convention center. Lot's of space there.

PirateKitty
05-30-2005, 03:35 PM
Our RE:4 crew will be in costume on Saturday. (We're going to try and enter the cosplay contest! Wish us luck!) We'll be around in the late afternoon and evening.

I don't know if we'll be around on Friday. (Leon, Luis and Chainsaw Wench are going to be wearing EGL clothing and running the events in the J-rock room- but maybe we could gather Friday evening.