PDA

View Full Version : COSTUME HELP: Battousai (Kenshin) Himura from Rurouni Kenshin

Jubie-Chan
12-29-2002, 09:34 PM
Well the BBAF is months away but before we know it it'll be here sooner then expected. Well i need some help with my costume before it's to late. I wanan go as Battousai Himura, but i have no idea where to get a white hakama. :confused: That's were you peoples come in. If you know where to get one please let me know. I take sword and i have a black hakama so i have a chance to be karou (but i rather not be) and i think i can get my neighbor to sow me the overshirt thing and the hand covers. and i'll spray my hair red. :D WHAT ARE YOU STUPID?! YOU MEGA DORK!

SailorMo
12-29-2002, 10:11 PM
Have you tried your local martial art supply store? (Or maybe Chinatown?) You might try searching for the same online... or there's a japanese site:
http://www.shop-japan.co.jp/english-boku/index.3html.htm

Jubie-Chan
12-29-2002, 11:37 PM
um... that would help but... i have no yen or am allowed to order online...

Koumori
12-30-2002, 11:39 AM
Well.. .if you don't have any money and you can't buy one, then your only choice is going to be to make one. They are not difficult, but require a lot of patience. www.roundearth.com sells an excellent set of pleating templates, and I know there are instructions online in a few places. Good luck.

Jubie-Chan
12-30-2002, 04:57 PM
^^;; i have money but not yen. My mom said i should probly get another Hakama and bleach it or just use the black one...

SailorMo
12-30-2002, 05:27 PM
Okay... so you're a little stuck...

You should be aware that bleaching will destroy the fabric, especially if you want to go from black to white-- the best you'll probably get is gray anyway..

Umm.. that japanese site *is* listed in yen, however-- 1. if paid by credit card, the credit card company automatically converts the charge, in your case, to US$). 2. You can pay in US$ with Paypal or money order--that's why the currency converter is there. No need to panic. n.n

Does your mom have something against ordering with her credit card and you giving her the money for it??

Or yes, you could always make one. Should be easier since you have a real one in hand for reference, eh?

Just trying to keep your options open....

Jubie-Chan
12-30-2002, 05:29 PM
it took me 5 years to get a computer. she's afried that someone will get our credit card

SailorMo
12-30-2002, 10:16 PM
U_U man... that's just messed up... Especially considering how easy it is to get cards replaced these days.. I dunno.. I'd say 15 or so years ago it was a real security issue, but nowadays every online store has encrypted ordering. Plus, you could use just one for only online ordering. I've been shopping online for years and haven't had a problem.

Well, ya still have a little time to figure out what you wanna do... good luck!

Jubie-Chan
12-30-2002, 10:17 PM
I can ask my friend to order for me and give her the money but still... i don't think her parents would like that

Koumori
12-30-2002, 10:45 PM
You don't need yen. There are lots of martial arts supply stores in the US - quite a few online. Just do a Google search for "martial arts supplies" or "martial arts uniforms."

Jubie-Chan
12-30-2002, 10:47 PM
Oi, now that i think of it i think my sensei can get me one. He DOES get the traditional sock things... i'll have to ask him at the next class...

Miroku
12-31-2002, 01:30 AM
I would go with the black one if you cant get a white one. It fits Battousai a little better anyways.

Koumori
12-31-2002, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by Miroku
I would go with the black one if you cant get a white one. It fits Battousai a little better anyways.

Maybe, but it's not what he actually *wears*... ;)

Jubie-Chan
12-31-2002, 01:26 PM
ehehhe....i did see someone go with a black hakama... ^^ well thanks for your sugestions everyone. if you come up with any else let me know. Me and my friends are gonna start working on our costumes starting march.

Aoshi Shinomori
01-01-2003, 02:17 AM
hmm.. Battousai * pulls out kodachis*...

Jubie-Chan
01-01-2003, 08:32 PM
^^;; heh... *gets out yaito*