PDA

View Full Version : Inu Yasha Costume

SpiritDetective
01-15-2005, 02:03 PM
Hi i'm new to cosplay i was wandering if any could help me by sending links, patterns, and tips.

PZB
01-16-2005, 12:38 PM
For patterns, I would check out Simplicity's costumes...they have a pretty good Star Wars rip that with a little modification would work for Inu's suikan and kosode (the top two layers :D) and for my first pair of hakama, I modified belly dancer pants. Both are very easy to sew (about the only thing tricky is figuring out the flap on the suikan.)

As for tips - :D get good fabric...don't get broadcloth (that cheep, thin cotton that's at every fabric store.) Linen is good...that's what my new one is going to be (my old was a type of raw silk...the exact name escapes me at the moment.)

SpiritDetective
01-17-2005, 02:38 AM
For patterns, I would check out Simplicity's costumes...they have a pretty good Star Wars rip that with a little modification would work for Inu's suikan and kosode (the top two layers :D) and for my first pair of hakama, I modified belly dancer pants. Both are very easy to sew (about the only thing tricky is figuring out the flap on the suikan.)

As for tips - :D get good fabric...don't get broadcloth (that cheep, thin cotton that's at every fabric store.) Linen is good...that's what my new one is going to be (my old was a type of raw silk...the exact name escapes me at the moment.)
Thanks For the help.

Hikari Kiara
01-18-2005, 05:32 PM
http://folkwear-birchstreet.com/asian.html

There is an actual pattern for hakama, and other asian/japanese costumes/clothing sold here...
Hope this helps!

PZB
01-18-2005, 07:32 PM
Actually, my understanding is it's not really a pattern...just a set of instructions on how to measure to create the hakkama. It's fine if you're really good at sewing and the like, but I wouldn't recommend it for someone new to costuming. :square:

Tess
01-19-2005, 12:42 AM
There is already a very active forum for Inu-Yasha costume discussion.
CLICK (http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=43676)

@-->--- Tess

SpiritDetective
01-25-2005, 04:00 PM
Thanks for the help eveyone.