PDA

View Full Version : Alice 19th

Gackt Fangirl
12-30-2002, 12:28 AM
Has anyone else read this manga? I love it. Watase-san's artwork is so much better now, and it's very pretty! I really like how Alice has a unique character design, and same with her sister. The boys still look the same, but at least Furei (SP?) is a little unique...

Anyone else like it? Or NOT like it? :D

jen_kat
12-30-2002, 01:14 AM
Me Me!! I love it... I plan on doing Alice in her Lotis Master clothes for AX03. Just wish I had all the colors... then I wouldn't have to improvise for some of it. I've read in some other threads somewhere a while back on other people's opinion of it... can't remember what and where though. Glad to know there's still people discovering the joys of Watase's work. ^^

I can't remember how to spell his name either, but the spelling at the top of the 4th volume would be how I would probably take his name to be... but then again, people always have their own opinions and defenses...

Tenjou
12-30-2002, 09:10 AM
I think I've seen a character from it, but I'm not sure. ^^;;

†§Tohru_Honda§†
12-30-2002, 12:59 PM
I've seen it/read it. It's beautiful! ^-^ *loves Watase* @_@ ^-^ Yay! and yes the guys look alike still ^^; but... Frey(that's what I call him >.o) I find him kawaii ^^;;.

I know this is an Alice 19th thread, but have you read/seen any other works by Yu Watase?^^ like Imadoki or Appare Jipangu!?
^-^ I think those are cute too ^^;

But yes, Alice 19th had nice artwork ^^

Michi
12-30-2002, 07:36 PM
I love Alice 19th. ^^ The artwork is gorgeous, yesyes. I love Alice's school uniform, and would love to make it someday... I have a white bunny that I wanna dress up as Nyozeka, bwahaha. XD

Watase Yuu works... Fushigi Yuugi and Ayashi no Ceres, of course, yes.. Imadoki I've read, I can't remember if I saw Appare Jipangu.. I started reading Epotoransu! Mai a while ago and adored it. :D Wheee I need to save up so much to just SPLURGE on Kinokuniya next visit :X

Gackt Fangirl
12-30-2002, 11:30 PM
I really want to go as Mayura...but I don't look like her... *sniff* I am so taken by her artwork (watase-san's). It's absolutly wonderful!!!

I really like Pajama De Ojama. It's older, but cute!

AnimeParty
01-04-2003, 02:38 PM
Watase is my fave. Alice 19th, Imadoki, FY, Ceres, Mint de Kiss Me...They are all my faves...

Hikaruchan
01-04-2003, 09:42 PM
For Animazement I am planning on being Alice and my older sister Nyozeka. Originally suggested Mayura to her, but she didn't want to be the evil older sister. I've only got up to book 3 so far.

Spooky Brew
01-05-2003, 04:25 AM
I do have the first book, Japanese of course..so I can't read it....T_T
I do really enjoy Ms. Watase's work bunches, but some of her shots and basic 'plot' get very repetitive! And the way she does hands sometimes...kinda gets to me!! But, other than my little nit picks, she was one of the creators thst got me into manga general and influenced my artwork a whole lot!! I just wished though for Fuishigi yugi, she would have left some stuff...it got really hot and heavy in some partso f the anime, and many of the parts really didn't need to be in the anime! Okay...I'm done! But, Alice 19th, I enjoyed though no clue what it says!!

Recca-kun
01-06-2003, 04:34 PM
Translations of volumes 1-5 so far (http://www.chiharu.nu/arisu/trans.shtml).

I've only read the first few chapters but I like it so far (although AnC has a near-permanent hold as my favorite shoujo series). I might be up for cosplaying Kyou sometime too if there are other people.

jen_kat
01-06-2003, 10:28 PM
Hey, Recca-kun, when would you be up for cosplaying Kyou? I'm definitely doing Alice in her Neo Lotis Master clothes for AX03... and I think my friend might... only might... do Frei as well, but she's really undecisive right now.

Recca-kun
01-07-2003, 12:42 AM
Do you have pictures of him? That could work out...

Gackt Fangirl
01-07-2003, 09:23 AM
I am going as Ooshi! :D Just need to dye my hair....

I can't make up my mind! LOL

jen_kat
01-07-2003, 07:06 PM
Recca-kun - Which costume would you be doing? Depending on that, I might have a pic or two. If not, I can try to look around.

Gackt Fangirl- Yay! What can't you make up your mind on?

Gackt Fangirl
01-08-2003, 09:12 AM
jen: I can't decide who to be....Mayura or Ooshi....

btw, what is Ooshi's 1st name?

jen_kat
01-08-2003, 10:10 PM
Dunno, I took out all my Alice 19th manga, 5 volumes, and I couldn't find her first name anywhere. Perhaps it hasn't been mentioned yet??

Well, go with whoever you want to be more. What would you wear as each of them?

Gackt Fangirl
01-09-2003, 09:23 AM
I think for Ooshi I would be in the school uniform and get a blonde wig, and for Mayura I would be in that Black Dress she has on the cover!...I just have to find a pic of the front. LOL

Recca-kun
01-09-2003, 06:57 PM
jen_kat: Of the outfits I've seen so far I would think the school uniform either with blue on white or gold on blue; I don't like the gold on black as much and I wouldn't wear a hakama and do the kyudo outfit. ^_^;

Gackt Fangirl
01-10-2003, 09:13 AM
@Rekka-kun: I thought that the school uniform was gold on white? (or was that red on white?) Hmm...or are ya talking about the boy uniform?

Recca-kun
01-10-2003, 05:11 PM
Yeah, the boy's uniform for Kyou. ^_^; If there are other outfits later in the manga let me know.

Gackt Fangirl
01-13-2003, 09:19 AM
there is the waiter outfit! :D

jen_kat
01-28-2003, 01:33 AM
There is also his Lotis Master clothes... someone on a ML I'm on scanned up a picture of them in those clothes... finally some color... I thought I was going to have to go with my own color scheme that I picked out... thought it turned out that it was almost on target anyways... that's the power of analyzation! (is that a word??)

Hikaruchan
01-28-2003, 09:40 AM
I have noticed that Alice's brown has gone from a more dull brown to a reddish brown. I am glad the browns used have changed as reddish brown works so much better.

Gackt Fangirl
01-30-2003, 09:24 AM
Yea, I like that brown better.

Is it just me....or are there more Lotis Masters lately....I'm all confused!

peihui
04-03-2003, 10:12 AM
Thanks Jen_kat~~~

Kirschwasser
04-05-2003, 06:31 PM
Jen_kat: You mentioned cosplaying as a Alice 19th chara from AX this year? Oooooh, do you know how tempting it is from me to go as Pai Mei Lin (in her Lotis outfit)? I was planning on being her sometime, but I wasn't sure if anybody else was into Alice 19th, which brings me to...
*YAY!* *Jumps* *Dances* I am so glad that there are actually Alice 19th fans here. I love you guys! *innocently smiles* Alice 19th is my favourite Watase-sensei series. The series has already ended. (I think the last chapter is in Sho-Comi issue 8). I got my Sho-Comi issue 6/03 yesterday! *Happy*

jen_kat
04-06-2003, 01:56 AM
Nice to hear from a fellow Alice 19th fan. ^^ I think many people are probably closet fans who don't want to come out of the closet. Perhaps...

Ooo... Mei Lin.. she's got a cool looking outfit. It's the Chinese purple one, right? When would you plan to do and wear it? ::tempt tempt::

;_; Yes, the series has ended. I'm waiting for the manga to come out in the book form. Those big telephone books are too much for me to handle plus they take up a lot of room.

Volume 6, though it dealt with some stuff, didn't seem as fulfilling to me as the previous 5 volumes. I hope that volume 7 will be better.

Hikaruchan
04-06-2003, 10:09 AM
I wish Meirin's purple dress was all one color - I didn't like the side insets being a different shade of purple so took it off my possibilities list.

Kirschwasser
04-06-2003, 10:52 AM
jen_kat: Yes, Mei Lin's outfit is the the purple cheongsam-like outfit. ^_^ Where would I plan to do/wear it? I'm not too sure. I'd like to make it if I knew for sure that there are other's cosplaying as Alice 19th chara's. I would wear it any day but Saturday (Saturday is the Xeno group gathering and I'm cosplaying Xenosaga, of course. ;) )
Those big telephone books are too much for me to handle plus they take up a lot of room.
*laughs merrily* Yes, they do take up quite a room. Not only do I get Sho-Comi, I also get Hana to Yume, Lala, Asuka, and sometimes Crimson. So I run out of room on my shelves easily. But, I love the freebies! *Happy* I love how half of the stuff is "clear" (transparent) too. ^_^
Volume 6, though it dealt with some stuff, didn't seem as fulfilling to me as the previous 5 volumes. I hope that volume 7 will be better.
I do think that volume 7 will be better. There is more stuff going on in the chapters that would be in vol. 7. And gosh darn it, I'm only 2 chapters away from the end!
Hikaruchan - If I did make the dress, I wouldn't make the sides too much darker than the lighter purple (nobody would know, anyway. Heh heh). Buuuutt, my hair still isn't long enough to do Mei Lin's hair (my hair goes down to my waist). :p
Darn it, now that I look out the outfit, it seems hard to make. Especially the lotis-symbol thing. -_-*

jen_kat
04-06-2003, 04:09 PM
I think the lotis symbol is everyone's nightmare. Mine included. If only I had a thing that melts metal to separate it and then melts it back together again.

Kirschwasser
04-10-2003, 09:45 PM
Hmmm, then perhaps I should cosplay it next year? That is...if everybody wants to do it next year. But I also would like to cosplay this year, except that would mean I have to save up more money and...*dizzy*
Yes, I would have no idea how to make the lotis symbol. -_-*

jen_kat
04-10-2003, 11:11 PM
I keep seeing these pendants in the jewelry accessory stores, like Claire's and Afterthought. They're over jeweled, some of them... I think I'm just going to go to a craft store, buy a round disk, some rhinestony like pieces, and some thick, bendable wire.

Kirschwasser- It's your choice when you want to Mei Lin's costume and cosplay in it. Nobody's pressuring you. ^^

Kirschwasser
04-11-2003, 10:04 AM
Kirschwasser- It's your choice when you want to Mei Lin's costume and cosplay in it. Nobody's pressuring you. ^^

I know. ;) It's just that I really want to do it, but at the same time I know I really can't. I mean, I could, but to make another outfit would take up a lot of my time, and time has been rare recently. One of these days I will...hopefully. :p