PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for Oni-con 2005

hanyou741
01-16-2005, 11:41 AM
well the name says it all, express your ideas for oni-con 2005, hehe I have ideas of my own, but I dunno if I'm gonna post them, well go ahead...

Ayane_Eiketsu
01-19-2005, 09:10 AM
Oh oh I know! Sumo Wrestling! You know, the kind where you have to wear they really big funny suits :jjacks: They had it at the A-kon and it was uber funny. :bigtu:

EDIT: And Bring back Duel Jewel and Camino!!!!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

hanyou741
01-19-2005, 05:40 PM
lol, I like that idea, that would be cool to watch!! ^^, I was thinking an anime haunted house, where you can get a lod of scary shows and get volonteers to dress up as some of the characters from those shows/games,hehe, but that would be awsome!!

Ayane_Eiketsu
01-19-2005, 07:01 PM
Oh yeah and I just remembered that they really really need to bring DJ Jinnai back for the dance!!

hanyou741
01-19-2005, 08:32 PM
yes, I hope they can bring everyone back, mainly camino and Duel jewel

the only vash
01-20-2005, 04:11 AM
#1. Bigger Hotel.
Well really that's all I got. It be col if they brought back everyone and stuff, but I think the key thing is to find a really big hotel. Oh yeah, and a way to cut down waiting times in lines. I waited who knows how long just to get to see Camino.

Ayane_Eiketsu
01-20-2005, 10:23 AM
Yeah, in addition to the concert starting late (which ALL concerts do.....) I had gotten in line over 6 hours early.......I was soooo tired of waiting in lines by the end of the weekend. :waaaah:

hgnis
01-20-2005, 12:41 PM
1. Place with a bigger Parking Lot
2. More DDR consols and acrade games (someone broke the joysticks on several games and everytime I went in the gamr room there was a line to DDR was occupied...)
3. Break out the movie sections into different categories, say for example only live action, 70s anime, 80s anime, 90s and so on.
4. When there is a concert or cosplay or stage event, broadcast the event on a live screen or something into the places that are not showing movies such as dealers rooms, general entrance etc. (It does not have to be everywhere, just places where people that may not be able to get in can see from, or like me if you are passed out in the lobby from exhaustion....:D)
5. Pick a place where there is a complimentary buffet breakfast....
6. I seriously had a problem with the roaming organizers that had their com radios on at full volume walking into presentation rooms. This was very distracting and is simply bad manners....much like the people that have their cell phones on in meetings. It is very easy to turn the volume down a few notches is it not?
7. More free stuff!!!!!
8. More cosplay dealers if possible. It was very good to see the designs from the vendors that were present, I will be looking forward to see some of the new stuff in the future.

Ayane_Eiketsu
01-20-2005, 01:27 PM
I agree with #4 and #5! But all in all i LOVED the Oni-con! Its the best con i've ever been to. :bigtu:

hanyou741
01-20-2005, 06:43 PM
yup I had a blast at oni-con, it was my first con, and I'm going to a-kon 16 this year, I hope it just as great as oni-con was, I met many nice people there.

Fallen)x(Angel
01-20-2005, 08:39 PM
yup I had a blast at oni-con, it was my first con, and I'm going to a-kon 16 this year, I hope it just as great as oni-con was, I met many nice people there.

Me too! I had a BLAST at Oni-con, but I think they could be more organized. The lines were AWFUL, and the people and their speakers were ANNOYING.

I want Scott back!!! :heart:

Need a bigger hotel, bring back Duel Jewel and Camino, bring back DJ Jinnai, More space in dealers room ( My Yuna hair tail kept getting stepped on ), BIGGER STAGE FOR SKITS AND WALK ONS. SKITS THE MOST THOUGH.

I was SOO PISSED OFF that the stage was so small! I had such a hard time dancing on it, (Yeah....I was the one who did Real Emotions :waaaah: ) I was tripping over myself! x_x But for six months I had been dancing between a kitchen island and dining tabel were about 3 feet apart from each other, so it was heaven compared to what I was practicitng with back home.

I want wireless microphones! if the mics had been wireless, I would have been able to sing, and do my turns in my dance at the same time instead of pretend to use a mic. x_x

More DDR/Pump it up consols. I really have to right to complain, everytime I went in there, one or both was empty, so I just shoved in my money and had a blast, but I know alot of other people were ticked off that they were taken up everytime they came in there. AND PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! NO MORE BREAKING THE JOYSTICKS. It pissed me off that I couldn't play a game against my friend because she had to joystick to use.

I BEG FOR WHOEVER DID HUG THE MONSTER, GIR, AND THE FEBREEZE NINJA TO BE BACK NEXT YEAR. I LOVE YOU GUYS WITH ALL MY HEART. :heart:

Ayane_Eiketsu
01-23-2005, 08:30 PM
Ditto, Bring Scot McNeil back!!

I also agree that the Dealers room was waaaay too small, especially compared to the AWA's. And I also think the game room defenitely needed improvement, but I also think that it will we better next year now that they know the con was a success and they'll more than likely spend more on it. It was a first year and I don't think they wanted to make a big blow out just in case the con flopped. Which it didn't, i'm glad to say!! :bigtu:

Subliminal message-->Bring back Duel Jewel and Camino..............

Fallen)x(Angel
01-25-2005, 06:22 PM
Ditto, Bring Scot McNeil back!!

I also agree that the Dealers room was waaaay too small, especially compared to the AWA's. And I also think the game room defenitely needed improvement, but I also think that it will we better next year now that they know the con was a success and they'll more than likely spend more on it. It was a first year and I don't think they wanted to make a big blow out just in case the con flopped. Which it didn't, i'm glad to say!! :bigtu:

Subliminal message-->Bring back Duel Jewel and Camino..............

Do you think they'd get another hotel for 2005? cause if they do, the stage may not be as small, and they may have a bigger dealer's room.

Did you see Scott "go crazy?" His pickle and cucumber song was so funny!!! :rofl:

Ayane_Eiketsu
01-25-2005, 09:06 PM
OMG! I saw that on MarzGurl's vid. it was TOO funny!! :bigtu:

hanyou741
01-26-2005, 07:15 AM
yea, if you go to their website, it says they're getting another hotel for this year! ^^ they only expected 800 peeps but they ended up getting over 3000! thats a big diff. I'm waiting for them to post the new hotel and the date, then I can get my cosplay in order and such.

Ayane_Eiketsu
01-26-2005, 11:27 AM
my cosplay is already in order I just have to decide wether I want my own room and have ppl stay with me or room with someone else?....

Fallen)x(Angel
01-26-2005, 04:04 PM
yea, if you go to their website, it says they're getting another hotel for this year! ^^ they only expected 800 peeps but they ended up getting over 3000! thats a big diff. I'm waiting for them to post the new hotel and the date, then I can get my cosplay in order and such.

Yeah I'm checking too. I was thinking about posting again and requesting Scoot and Tiffany to come back for 2005.

hanyou741
01-30-2005, 10:19 PM
grr, they said a week, its been almost two, man, I check a lot, hope they post it soon

hgnis
01-31-2005, 05:23 PM
I would like to see some more giveaways or contests on the website as well.

hanyou741
02-05-2005, 11:12 PM
yea, I hope they give away more free stuff at the con this year too.

Ayane_Eiketsu
02-06-2005, 06:22 AM
Yay! They finally announced the hotel! =^_^=

Park Plaza Hotel
Reliant Center
8686 Kirby Drive
Houston, TX 77054

the only vash
02-07-2005, 10:33 PM
I'm just glad they finally picked a hotel.

Fallen)x(Angel
02-08-2005, 05:48 PM
Yeah it was starting to piss me off there. I just hope this hotel is BIGGER then the last one. I was unhappy about the crowds. I was just mainly hanging out in the lobby with an Inuyasha group because I COULDN'T MOVED ANYWHERE ELSE.

Miracle Chiisai
02-10-2005, 04:38 PM
I live in Spring, RIGHT outside of Houston, so of course I'll be going. ^^
Is it going to be in a larger hotel? I've never been to Oni-Con before, this'll be my first time. ^^' But I've heard a lot about it. ^D^

Ayane_Eiketsu
02-10-2005, 08:33 PM
aw man! It was awesome. I live all the way out in Ga. but i'm defenitely going back this year. Have you seen MarzGurl's vid yet?? That pretty much sums up the con.....cept she didn't have any concert footage. >.> <.< >.>

Fallen)x(Angel
02-11-2005, 04:16 PM
aw man! It was awesome. I live all the way out in Ga. but i'm defenitely going back this year. Have you seen MarzGurl's vid yet?? That pretty much sums up the con.....cept she didn't have any concert footage. >.> <.< >.>

I was IN the video. Whee! I'm special!
She also got the full thing of me dancing, and I have it on my computer, but I ain't going to show none of ya! That's means all none of ya!

Plus I've been dared to sing in the halls before the dances at A-kon, so you have nothing to worry about if you didn't go to Oni. Plus I'll be in the masqurade, so DOUBLE ME! XD

(No I DON'T act this way IRL)

Miracle Chiisai
02-11-2005, 05:35 PM
...I wunna' see fun videos of people dancing, tee hee, lol. XD
Hey Ayane!! You live in Galveston? My Grandparents own more than half of Galveston, that's so coolio! ^-^
Ooooooooo! I can't wait till Oni-Con (And A-Kon and Chibi-Con). ^^'
What is everyone planning on cosplaying as? (If you are cosplaying.)
This year my costumes (so far) aaaaaaaaaaaaare:
Rikku (Final Fantasy X2), Flon (Disgaea), Shuichi (Gravitation), Chii (Chobits), Miyu (Daa Daa Daa!), Excel (Excel Saga) and much more!! ^^ My friends will be cosplaying too.
My band will also be performing at some of the conventions. Hopefully I'll see some of yall there! ^^

hanyou741
02-11-2005, 06:05 PM
oooo you have a band!! thats so awsome, but yea, this hotel should be bigger, check out marzgurl's video, it'll show you a lot of footage from oni-con, and I'm not sure what I'm gonna cosplay as at oni-con 2005, but I'm going as episode zero Duo Maxwell for a-kon 16. If I find out anything else I 'll post it.

Ayane_Eiketsu
02-11-2005, 08:39 PM
Miracle Chiisai - Nope, I live out in Augusta. Wouldn't be surprised if you haven't heard of it. But, you're cosplaying Chii too!! Awesome, now I know I won't be the only one ^_^

Fallen)x(Angel - Yeah! Now I remember you. lol

.ichi//SUICIDE
02-14-2005, 05:49 AM
The Reliant Center is a great location. I think Oni-con attendees will be very pleased with it. ^_^

Like hanyou741 said, they were only expecting 800 or so people for the first year, therefore they weren't prepared for a turnout of 3000+. In addition, the hotel was becoming uncooperative as Oni-con wore on (which is why DuelJewel was forced out of their acoustic live :/). I'm going to assume this year will go much more smoothly, especially with a new hotel and a better idea of how to operate more effectively; I definitely think it will improve in a way that satisfies its guests and excites them for the next year.

As part of volunteer staff, I witnessed firsthand the stress of an inadequate setting. I felt so sorry for them! Everything that could possibly go wrong did. Despite that, however, Oni-con received very positive feedback, and for that, I'm very happy for them and proud to have been part of it. Even if I didn't contribute to much. ^_^;;

Fallen)x(Angel, I remember your skit! I thought you were wonderful. I'm sorry it wasn't as you had pictured it to be, but you did an incredible job! I would have fallen on my face. XD;

-Kitten

Fallen)x(Angel
02-14-2005, 01:14 PM
The Reliant Center is a great location. I think Oni-con attendees will be very pleased with it. ^_^

Like hanyou741 said, they were only expecting 800 or so people for the first year, therefore they weren't prepared for a turnout of 3000+. In addition, the hotel was becoming uncooperative as Oni-con wore on (which is why DuelJewel was forced out of their acoustic live :/). I'm going to assume this year will go much more smoothly, especially with a new hotel and a better idea of how to operate more effectively; I definitely think it will improve in a way that satisfies its guests and excites them for the next year.

As part of volunteer staff, I witnessed firsthand the stress of an inadequate setting. I felt so sorry for them! Everything that could possibly go wrong did. Despite that, however, Oni-con received very positive feedback, and for that, I'm very happy for them and proud to have been part of it. Even if I didn't contribute to much. ^_^;;

Fallen)x(Angel, I remember your skit! I thought you were wonderful. I'm sorry it wasn't as you had pictured it to be, but you did an incredible job! I would have fallen on my face. XD;

-Kitten

You would be surprised how many times I fell on my face while practicing. But I guess after 6 months, you can kind of do it in your sleep. (yes...6 MONTHS. I drove myself crazy...)

I'm torn between ideas on what to do for A-kon. I don't want to ruin the FFX-2 skit I have planned, but I may have to in order to get comments about it.

Well, the point is, I don't know wether to do another sing-song to a FFX-2 song, or to do a sing-dance thing for EVA.

I need ideas for an EVA skit, so pleas suggest!

Kanoke
02-17-2005, 08:37 AM
You would be surprised how many times I fell on my face while practicing. But I guess after 6 months, you can kind of do it in your sleep. (yes...6 MONTHS. I drove myself crazy...)

I'm torn between ideas on what to do for A-kon. I don't want to ruin the FFX-2 skit I have planned, but I may have to in order to get comments about it.

Well, the point is, I don't know wether to do another sing-song to a FFX-2 song, or to do a sing-dance thing for EVA.

I need ideas for an EVA skit, so pleas suggest!

Woo! They have a big hotel for Oni-con 2005 **stares** %_% With a huge ballroom...and otehr rooms ...and wooo :skidude2: I hope they bring back Dj Jinnai ^_^; I loved the dances....It was awesome.. **hehe wonders if anyone would know who I was if I described lol**

Ayane_Eiketsu
02-17-2005, 11:43 AM
.....describe! I wanna guess! And I second on bringing back DJ Jinnai, he was cool. And I think they're bringing back DJ too!!!!!!! Which means its official! I'm going back!! :bigtu:

jinnai
02-18-2005, 12:18 PM
awww :me loved: <3

Fallen)x(Angel
02-19-2005, 05:00 PM
awww :me loved: <3

Of course you are! Even if I only saw you for like five minutes, I enjoyed it! ^_^

jinnai
02-19-2005, 06:45 PM
:D yatta!

i just hope the new location is around more food places

Fallen)x(Angel
02-20-2005, 02:35 PM
:D yatta!

i just hope the new location is around more food places

Yeah...I was forced to either eat frozen special K bars or noting at all. (So of course I didn't eat anything. :thumbsup: )

I'm still deciding wether to go again or not. It wasn't as grand as I thought it would be, but then again, it would have been better if I saw the J-Rock session and stayed at the dances longer.

Well, Oni isn't for a while, so I won't start planning now. (Even though I'm gunna end up going again.)

hanyou741
02-21-2005, 05:01 PM
yay! I hope DJ comes back, I met you for like 10 min, but you are awsome, I didn't get to go to the dance, I'm gonna try this year though. I 'm defiantly going this year, no dought about it! I hope to see you again DJ ^_^

jinnai
02-22-2005, 02:08 AM
DJ Jinnai or Duel Jewel? o.o??

the only vash
02-22-2005, 06:44 AM
I hope for both =)

jinnai
02-22-2005, 09:07 AM
hehee...still liked it when duel did the music from super mario bros. XD

Ayane_Eiketsu
02-22-2005, 09:18 PM
Yeah that was too kawaii!!! I love you Jinnai but if i HAD to pick one...........i'd say DUEL JEWEL!!!! *runs and hides*

Fallen)x(Angel
02-22-2005, 09:25 PM
Duel Jewel.....DJ.....Duel Jewel...DJ.....uh.....apples and oranges! ^_^ [Great solution, don't you think?]

jinnai
02-23-2005, 03:12 AM
Yeah that was too kawaii!!! I love you Jinnai but if i HAD to pick one...........i'd say DUEL JEWEL!!!! *runs and hides*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :waaaah:

Fallen)x(Angel
02-23-2005, 04:19 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :waaaah:

Awww...don't worry. I pick you over Duel Jewel! [Only because I missed Duel Jewel's concert and have never heard a song by them in my life...]

the only vash
02-27-2005, 07:43 PM
Just wanted to see if anyone else had checked thwe website out yet? The con has been moved up by a week. Just to let you guys know.

S3FilmsR3x
02-28-2005, 08:48 PM
They need to do a room where they show really stupid anime and we can make fun of it so I don't have to invade the screening rooms again. :bigtu:

S3FilmsR3x
03-02-2005, 12:12 AM
BTW, I think the Lego Akira movie my friends and I are putting together is going to be done sometime around Oni-Con if anyone wants a copy. We're basically going to try and do a full-length parody of Akira using and abusing Legos... I'm working on storyboarding everything right now, and when we finally get around to working on our website more info will be available.

jinnai
03-02-2005, 03:09 PM
lego akira? damn I WANNA SEE THAT DUDE!

Fallen)x(Angel
03-02-2005, 04:03 PM
Oh! Oh! Me wants to see! *waves right hand in the air*

S3FilmsR3x
03-03-2005, 08:40 PM
We're working dillegently on pre-production, but now that I see there's people interested in the project i may have to try to speed things up... the opening explosion scenes are going to be uber-annoying to film though... I'm talking with my studio's resident "pyrotechnic" on how we're going to do that.

Fallen)x(Angel
03-04-2005, 03:53 PM
*ish cheerleader* LEGOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!~~~~

HackerEd
03-05-2005, 12:58 PM
I hope the new hotel has better lighting. My friends took like 3 rolls of pics and only a few came out, even with flash...

I also agree with the need for a bigger dealers' room. On saturday I was squeezed against a table while a poor Sesshoumaru cosplayer tried to get through the crowd :thumbsup: the spikes on his shoulder armor were right at my throat (they were actually made out of metal and were quite pointy and sharp) and I kept thinking "omg death by sesshoumaru armor". all that came out was "meep" and then he noticed and was really nice and apollogetic(although it wasn't really his fault^^)

S3FilmsR3x
03-06-2005, 07:28 PM
Yeah, the dealer room really needs to big bigger this year.

Ayane_Eiketsu
03-06-2005, 10:38 PM
Yeah! It had a lot of cool stuff, but we need room for more cool stuff!!!!....and so the cosplayers can walk around with out stabbing innocent bystanders <.< >.> <.<

Also I would love to see the 2nd and 3rd Naruto games and Para Para Paradise in the game room. (I can bring my memory and Naruto 2-3 games if I need to...) =^_^=

S3FilmsR3x
03-07-2005, 08:31 PM
Somebody needs to bring GGXX#Reload...

ZakuKitty
03-07-2005, 08:46 PM
Yeah! It had a lot of cool stuff, but we need room for more cool stuff!!!!....and so the cosplayers can walk around with out stabbing innocent bystanders <.< >.> <.<

Also I would love to see the 2nd and 3rd Naruto games and Para Para Paradise in the game room. (I can bring my memory and Naruto 2-3 games if I need to...) =^_^=

I brought my Naruto 2 to the first Oni-Con last year. ^^

Ayane_Eiketsu
03-07-2005, 11:17 PM
Ugh!! If I wasn't too busy following Camino and Duel Jewel all weekend I would have probably been in the game room to play!!......i don't have a problem.......i can stop whenever i want.......i'm not a rabid fangirl........

MarzGurl
05-07-2005, 11:55 PM
More organization! Of course, I'm sure they have that covered after all the first-year fiascos of the past year, so I'm really not all that concerned at all.

hanyou741
06-22-2005, 01:59 AM
MarzGurl, have you finished the video from A-kon 16? ^ ^ I can't wait to see it!

MarzGurl
06-22-2005, 10:26 AM
MarzGurl, have you finished the video from A-kon 16? ^ ^ I can't wait to see it!

It's not done yet... -_-; I have the next couple of days off of work, so I'm planning to sit down and just edit, edit, edit. At least I rather enjoy what I do. @_@ Release date will be... "soon"!

Ayane_Eiketsu
06-22-2005, 12:57 PM
YAY!! I can't wait to see it!! I actually made it to A-kon, though I don 't i'd be in it anywhere unless its the dealers room. (i was there for D'espairs Ray......) :thumbsup: