PDA

View Full Version : Soul Calibur 2, Astaroth help

Jasse
01-16-2005, 06:51 PM
After talking over ideas for costumes with my group of friends we all decided on going as our favorite characters from Soul Calibur 2. I picked Astaroth as he's the only character I play and I love his player 2 costume, the one with what looks like bunny ears. However I managed to over look a rather large problematic detail, it being his shirt or lack there of :thumbsup:. Being the strange girl that I am, I like wearing shirts and was wondering what I could do to make it possible for me to still be my fav character.

Eleryth
01-16-2005, 07:03 PM
Do you have a pic of the character? We might be able to suggest a shirt that seems his style.

Or, make a shirt out of a flesh tone, or wear a flesh-tone bodysuit/leotard. You should be able to find them at dancewear places. www.riversedgedancewear.com sells some, I think. Google should give you more hits, as will checking your local Yellow Pages.

PrettyKittyMulu
01-16-2005, 07:45 PM
Well, seing as you'll need to be purple in the first place to cosplay him, a purple bodysuit should work well..

Jasse
01-17-2005, 01:32 PM
Do you have a pic of the character? We might be able to suggest a shirt that seems his style.

Or, make a shirt out of a flesh tone, or wear a flesh-tone bodysuit/leotard. You should be able to find them at dancewear places. www.riversedgedancewear.com sells some, I think. Google should give you more hits, as will checking your local Yellow Pages.

This is the best pic I could find, Astaroth (http://gallery.felixmcli.org/gallery/sc2-csel/asta_2p) any ideas about a matching shirt would be greatly appreciated.

AnimegirlParnaz
01-17-2005, 10:53 PM
That's cool you'll be cosplaying as Astaroth. I think a long sleeve purple shirt would be ok. Gook luck on your costume and I hope you will post some pictures when it's done. :)

Eleryth
01-18-2005, 03:44 AM
I really like the red accent on the belt; I think it'd be neat to bring that in. Perhaps a sleeveless shirt (if you're not painting your face, don't worry about your arms) with the same red around the armholes and possibly around the neck (I can't tell if he has something there or not). I don't picture it really tight, but not super loose, either. Just loose enough that your binding is hidded, I'd guess (provided you are binding). I think it should be relatively simple, so that it doesn't detract from the overall look, while still keeping the character recognizable. I suggest sleeveless since these types of characters, from what I can tell, don't usually wear shirts, and if they do, they usually have no sleeves so their muscles are shown off. ^^

You could wear a purple leotard for the skin anyway (under the top), but I don't think it's absolutely necessary.

Jasse
01-18-2005, 01:30 PM
That's a good idea, I'll try to match up the feel of the belt with a shirt and keep the colour combo the same. Thanks for your help :) !

Igniz
01-18-2005, 02:34 PM
Astaroth's cosplay it's a good idea.
I like this 2nd player with the Bunny look hat :)

Show photo of your costume when It'll be finished :bigtu: