PDA

View Full Version : Gravitation

Sachiko
12-30-2002, 01:21 AM
Anyone cosplaying for anyone of Gravitation?? ^^

Recca-kun
12-30-2002, 05:48 AM
Do you mean for a specific con or in general? Gravitation is popular enough (at least that I've seen) that even smaller cons have some cosplayers...

I'll be wearing my concert Hiro again in February. Just curious, but does anyone know if there are any other male Hiros?

mandichan
12-30-2002, 07:57 AM
I'd love to see a group of all the different Shuichis XD Like battery, luggage, banana, etc.. ^_^ I've already done the puppy costume XD

Vinya
12-30-2002, 08:01 AM
Yeah! It'd be great so see a whole bunch o' Shuichis... And 'specially if they're all very... in-character! (Picture it: four-five people screaming their lungs out: "LA LI HOOOO!!" ::lol::)

Chosuke
12-30-2002, 10:55 AM
More then ten Shuichis would make my head explode,especially if they were in character ^^;

Too much of a scary,but good, thing.

Recca-kun: My whole cosplay group is boy's aside from me so our Hiro is definately male.. along with everyone else aside from Shuichi and Tohma ..those are my two.. or at least Tohma <.<;

elfinder
12-30-2002, 01:06 PM
I wanna do Shuichi in the school girl uniform for Sakura Con 2004! It's simple yet fun heh heh

Sachiko
12-30-2002, 02:46 PM
~_~;; I'm only going to the Fanime2003... Is anyone going there?! ^^ I'd love to see Gravitation cosplays there!

Chas
12-30-2002, 03:49 PM
Yes! I'll be wearing my Shuichi cosplay there. I have his outfit from episode 4 / date with Yuki... plus I'm actually trying to work on his battery!! (So...HARD! X_X must find out HOW...) And I'm also preparing to do his school girl uniform and OVA outfit. ^_^

AND I'll have a Ryu-Chan with me. :3

Sachiko
12-30-2002, 07:24 PM
Coooll!!! Hmm...should I cosplay as something from Gravitation?? I'll think about it!! I was thinking...being a newbie... to start off simple...Ayaka-chan doesn't sound too bad... but what about you guys? Opinions? Hmm...but I'll need a Hiro then :D

Sachiko
12-31-2002, 07:59 PM
Or Noriko is another option!

ryuichi fangirl
12-31-2002, 10:21 PM
..I'm going to Otacon as Ryuichi and Tohma....

Sachiko
12-31-2002, 11:04 PM
Kawaii!! As Ryuichi and Tohma? Can't wait to see some piccies ^^

Shinobu
01-01-2003, 01:14 AM
I was thinking of making a Shuichi costume since I have a wig like his and his hyperness is to kawaii for words.

NeshaChan
01-01-2003, 02:02 AM
I'm going to try to do Shuuichi stage outfit for Tekkoshocon in PA. If not, maybe for Otakon 2003.

Michi
01-01-2003, 08:57 AM
I have a friend that's super-into Gravitation... She has the stage outfit and the puppy outfit (so far.. she wants to do the banana and others). I don't think she has it planned for Fanime, but perhaps she can bring it out if a big group forms? ^_^; I did Yuki once with her.. and wanna do one of Hiro's outfits if she does the matching Shuichi.. but otherwise, eh, I'm not such a big fan. Only saw episodes 1-2 of the TV series and haven't gotten around to the rest. I like the music though. :D

Sachiko
01-01-2003, 10:13 AM
Oh you should watch the rest! It's REALLY good ^___~ I'm thinking bout whether I should try Noriko for the Fanime. She seems pretty fun ^^

Chas
01-01-2003, 12:56 PM
Wai! Purple hair, I think Noriko would be a good challenge if you're up to it! ^_^

Hee, Michi.... it's really, really addictive one you get a couple more episodes in.... :3

Sachiko
01-01-2003, 05:30 PM
Hai ^___~ IT's 100% Addiction! Lots of bishounens, lots of humour, lots of touching scenes (with tolerance of shounen-ai ^.~), and nice songs!

Just a question, any suggestions on how to do Noriko's hair if I do cosplay as her?

MikigamiTokiya
01-01-2003, 05:43 PM
I would pay so much to see the bannana costume on some kid. that would be so uber-kawaii

Babbit_Chan
01-01-2003, 08:13 PM
My concert Tohma should be ready by Fanime... Hopefully XD

Sachiko
01-01-2003, 09:08 PM
Tight!!!! Now a Tohma's going to Fanime!! Sugoi!!!!!

aeva
01-01-2003, 09:16 PM
I would pay so much to see the bannana costume on some kid. that would be so uber-kawaii

I plan to debut my banana costume at Otakon. :3

I have Shuichi's stage costume [worn to AXNY], as well as Tohma and Ryuichi's outfits [I randomly found pieces for them in my closet XD]

I love Shuichi, and plan to cosplay him at every con I attend. Obessino? Well, yesh. No way to deny it. I'd like, if I could,to do as many of his weird little outfits as possible.

I would pay so much money to see OVA Ryuichi as a giant amplifier. XD

Sachiko
01-02-2003, 12:42 AM
Kawaii! The banana costume! I'll find it interesting ^^; wouldn't it be hard to walk on?

Babbit_Chan
01-02-2003, 02:09 AM
Aeva - Queen of Shuichi's Bananers >3

I wonder, Aeva, if someone would slip on you if you lay on the ground motionless in the costume?

mandichan
01-02-2003, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by aeva

Ahh~ that would be sooo funny XD And an easy costume too, just put a hole in a big box and paint it XD And get an extention cord too, so you could yell at people for stepping on it, lol~

But, it'd be pretty hard to sit down, wouldn't it? ~_~

Sachiko
01-02-2003, 04:25 PM
LOL! I'll also find it sooo silly and kawaii to see Ryuichi in giant amplifier! Oh well, any ryuichis are fun and cute to see ^__~

Sachiko
01-03-2003, 02:35 PM
Ne ne, what ideas can you think of for Noriko's hair - the big curls, I mean? And which of her costumes is nice to cosplay as?

Babbit_Chan
01-03-2003, 04:36 PM
I think her concert costume is really nice. I have no idea how you'd get the curls if you used a wig, though x_X

Sachiko
01-04-2003, 01:17 AM
Oo!! Red top and a dress that shows my legs :D That's pretty cool! Ok!

Sachiko
01-04-2003, 01:18 AM
PS: Love to see your Tohma costume at Fanime ^.~ Babbit_chan!

aeva
01-04-2003, 04:15 PM
I wonder, Aeva, if someone would slip on you if you lay on the ground motionless in the costume?

::tries:: >3

Chosuke
01-04-2003, 04:35 PM
-slips,falls and breaks her neck- x.x

Sachiko
01-04-2003, 10:29 PM
lol!! Banana costume! Go for it! ^___^

Psychotic Jei
01-05-2003, 04:49 AM
::slips in:: I cosplayed Ryuichi at Anime Expo and Ani-Magic in '02. Not going to fanime...considering its two weeks before AX. x_x; I'm probably bringing a Ryuichi costume. Might be the one from the remix cover with the strange boots...or the red jogging pants one...or the concert one. Just so I can roll my friend around in her suitcase Shuichi costume..

Sachiko
01-07-2003, 04:55 PM
Oo!! May I see your Ryuichi costume?? (as in, you have any pictures?)

Psychotic Jei
01-07-2003, 10:03 PM
This is me
http://anna-neko.nu/mcp/jei/img3600.jpg

NaitoTenshi
01-08-2003, 12:18 PM
I'm planning on cosplaying as Kumagoro sometime soon. Which con I am not sure of yet... but I will be doing it. ^_^

Eiri-kun
01-11-2003, 02:53 AM
A-re... I may actually use of Ryuichi's costumes on during the concerts... I've got a performance coming up (I'm in a band. Eheheh).. and I'm the vocalist, maybe I should try out a Ryuichi costume. ~_^. Considering Yuki Eiri is my favourite character, I can't cosplay as him. I look more like Ryuichi or Omi from Weiss.

Babbit_Chan
01-11-2003, 04:46 AM
NaitoTenshi: Whenever you get that finished SEND ME PICS! I would love to see a giant Kuma! XD

Chas
01-11-2003, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by NaitoTenshi
I'm planning on cosplaying as Kumagoro sometime soon. Which con I am not sure of yet... but I will be doing it. ^_^

SQUEEEEEEE!!!!!! ::glomp:: RACHEL!!!!!!!!

Sachiko
01-11-2003, 07:49 PM
Eiri-kun!!!! I'm surprised to see you here!! ^o^ Sure, why not? I bet you'll look hot in a Ryuichi costume ^.~

Wow, NaitoTenshi, you'll make a Kuma costume!?! You better let us see it when you're done!!

Eiri-kun
01-11-2003, 11:31 PM
Eh heh, I don't know if I'll look "hot" as my hair style and Ryuichi's are a little different. But I'll see if I can do anything before March.
I definetely dont have green or brown hair either. I could always try to dye it though. XD. Yeah, and Sachiko, I was suprised to see you here as well. Especially since you started the Gravi Thread.

EDIT: I was also wondering... which one of Ryuichi's concert costume would look better.. TV series one or OVA one?

Sachiko
01-12-2003, 01:49 AM
Hmm... Ryuichi's TV series one is more distinctive...but the OVA one is not bad neither... Keep with the TV one then ^_^ And don't worry about the hair part ^^ It'll be fine.

Eiri-kun
01-12-2003, 01:57 AM
*slips off his chair* The TV one huh... Hmm.. I'll have to try and find someone to make it then... Though I really reckon that one looks cool

Babbit_Chan
01-12-2003, 02:28 AM
It's been so long since I watched the OVA - tomorrow I'll pop it into the VCR ^_~

aeva
01-12-2003, 07:57 AM
OVA ish so yummy. ::gnaws on it:: The best part is either the "KUMAGORO BEAM!" or Shuichi's dream... oh, the kinky-ness! X3

Babbit_Chan
01-12-2003, 12:59 PM
That was hilarious! (except when I was fastforwarding through it to get to the music videos on my tape I accidentally stopped on that part with my friend's little sister right there O_O)

NaitoTenshi
01-12-2003, 07:52 PM
HEYLO!! ::glomp::

...and of course there will be pictures. ^_^

ThatYaoiBoy
01-13-2003, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Sachiko
Anyone cosplaying for anyone of Gravitation?? ^^

My friend will be a male Hiro, I'm going to be probably the only male Kumagoro Ryuichi o___o hehe XD

ThatYaoiBoy
01-13-2003, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by aeva

O_O The amplifier! OMG I HAVE TO DO THAT X.x;;;; I do so many costumes XD But yesshhhhhh! On Friday I can be Shuichi Luggage at Otakon, Saturday I can be Kumagoro Ryuichi, and on Sunday I can be a giant.. amplifier XD! Shuichi will you be there for me to follow? O_o

Babbit_Chan
01-13-2003, 12:35 PM
I think we need more K cosplay!

Sachiko
01-13-2003, 04:42 PM
Oh, where are the Sugurus and Sakano-san?! Am I going to be the first Noriko (still confirming)?

Eiri-kun
01-13-2003, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by ThatYaoiBoy
O_O The amplifier! OMG I HAVE TO DO THAT X.x;;;; I do so many costumes XD But yesshhhhhh! On Friday I can be Shuichi Luggage at Otakon, Saturday I can be Kumagoro Ryuichi, and on Sunday I can be a giant.. amplifier XD! Shuichi will you be there for me to follow? O_o

A-re... How do you plan to move around in that uh... suitcase costume~~! ^_^

Babbit_Chan
01-13-2003, 10:06 PM
I don't think you're the first to cosplay Noriko - it's just very hard to find Noriko cosplayers o_O;

Sachiko
01-13-2003, 10:34 PM
Ahaha... ^^;;; Yeah, very hard. Scarcely are there any. XD I'm still wondering about the puffy pigtails ^^;;

Recca-kun
01-13-2003, 10:52 PM
ThatYaoiBoy: There was a Kumagoro Ryuichi at last year's Otakon...

On another note were you at AUSA? I ran into a group dressed as Nittle Grasper there (Ryuichi Tohma and Noriko)...

ThatYaoiBoy
01-14-2003, 08:02 AM
Nuu I wasn't at AUSA ;_; I don't have the expenses. But XD! The luggage costume I'll have the stick to push myself around with or my friends can drag me around while I shout out Shuichi insanities. It'll be fun. The amplifier I'll figure out something :3 Maybe use an old speaker for some of the parts and big boxes for the rest. I dunno ^^;;

Sachiko
01-14-2003, 04:53 PM
Don't forget the pink wig! Or else people might not recognize you as Shuichi ^^! As for the amplifier, you can always find a person-sized box and just draw in the circles ^^;; Stupid idea, I know XD

aeva
01-14-2003, 05:01 PM

Yeah, I'll be there- we'll ahve to take a picture of you chasing me in my Shuichi costume. X3

I don't think you're the first to cosplay Noriko - it's just very hard to find Noriko cosplayers o_O;

Yeah, it is. ^^;;; But I'll have one in my group for Shoujocon, so the world ish happy. >^_____^<

Sachiko
01-14-2003, 09:35 PM
Ne ne, is this costume good to go as for Noriko:

probably the best view of the whole costume (http://tohma.microphallus.com/gravitation_nittles_images_anime08c_020.jpg)
front view (http://tohma.microphallus.com/gravitation_nittles_images_anime08c_040.jpg)

Babbit_Chan
01-14-2003, 11:05 PM
Those ARE great views - even better if you have the eps. to pause from different angles (*did that with Tohma ^_^*). You're going to Fanime, Sachiko, right? My friend's anime club is cosplaying both of the bands - we should all meet up for one big Gravitation shoot XD

Sachiko
01-14-2003, 11:44 PM
*claps* Sugoi!! Bad Luck is going to be there? And Nittle Grasper too?? (Including a Noriko?) Yes, we should all meet up if I do cosplay ^^

Babbit_Chan
01-15-2003, 10:29 AM
Yup! Including Noriko - I think they were trying to get their president to be Yuki ^^

Are you planning to do Noriko's DVD cover outfit?

Sachiko
01-15-2003, 06:37 PM
Most likely not, because 1) I don't have a good picture 2) I don't think I'm going to look good on it ^^;;

Uh oh, I'm getting my friend into Gravitation ^^;; She said if I crossdress, she will too as someone from Gravi!! (<.< and ^.^) And so...my decision continues.. ^^;;

Psychotic Jei
01-15-2003, 10:42 PM
I had a Noriko at AX. Dont have any pics though...cause the boots she got killed her feet like majorly. ^___^;

I wish I was going to Fanime... I have the Woofer. *is not an amp* costume done already, Its just a pain to travel with.

Babbit_Chan
01-15-2003, 11:18 PM
Awww if you ever decide to I can get closeups of the DVD cover.

Someone should really make a webpage dedicated to Shuichi's costumes XD

Ali-kun
01-16-2003, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by Babbit_Chan
Someone should really make a webpage dedicated to Shuichi's costumes XD

And recreate all of them...and take pictures XD

(I've picked out at least three of his cute outfits that I want to make @_@)

ryuichi fangirl
02-05-2003, 05:05 PM
Wow..so many Gravi luvers..this is great...my Tohma is already done..and he's all packed so's he won't get messed up before the con...well I did wear it to school once..it was so great..two random ppl in the hall stopped me and asked if I was supposed to be Tohma!..*squee* sometime ppl amaze even me..

Ahh yes I wanna do a photoshoot at Otacon!..Me want's piccies of all the Gravi lovers...I'm the only person in my group who's doing gravi...I'm going with a buch of silly losers...

Ali-kun
02-05-2003, 05:18 PM
http://forums.cosplay.com/costume.php?action=detail&cosid=802

Wheeee~ XDXD Go Shuuichi! (I am so sad, I did not get any pictures of this costume for myself ^_^;; I just have my friend Selie's picture of it and the one on Fansview)

ryuichi fangirl
02-06-2003, 03:23 PM
Ah! That roox!

Chas
02-07-2003, 11:02 PM
Bwahaha..... now for my next Shuichi Cosplay Venture... SEIFUKU TIME! Mwahahaha! ::hunts for loose socks:: XD XD XD

Tailgorn
02-07-2003, 11:11 PM
*new here*

I was Kumagoro at Otakon 2002, and will be wearing that costume again at Katsucon. ^^' It's not the best costume, though, but whatever. XD

Baka Neko
02-08-2003, 12:07 AM
Wow! I didn't realize how many Gravi fans there are out there ^^; I was going to go to Fanime & AX as Shuichi in his concert costume but I changed my mind to Ayame from Furuba. I'll probably be Shuichi next year =P

Quick question.. how did everyone get into Gravitation? As for me I rented it at Kinokuniya because I heard Seki Tomokazu had a main role in the series ^^ hehe

OMG crazy thing is that when my friend got the fansubs on VHS she watched the end of the Tape that had epi. 8 as the last one and it played my music video at the end ^^ It was so crazy! I had used Irresistible by Jessica Simpson for a Shuichi/Yuki video. By any chance, did anyone see that or her tape like the only one ^^;

Oh, FYI I'll be passing out CDs with some of my anime music videos at Fanime and there are 3 Gravi vids on it (2 Shuichi/Yuki & 1 goofy Shuichi & Ryuichi one!)

Recca-kun
02-08-2003, 02:13 AM
Cool, you were the one that made that video? ^_^ That's about the only Gravitation AMV that I've seen that comes to mind (I haven't been actively looking for them though).

I heard about it originally when a friend was buying the manga as a present for another... then I think my friend who cosplays Shuichi from which I decided to be Hiro asked me to find the series for her, then I had multiple people say good things about it and I got sucked in. ^_^; And now I've made more than a few converts of my own lol.

Babbit_Chan
02-08-2003, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by Baka Neko
Wow! I didn't realize how many Gravi fans there are out there ^^; I was going to go to Fanime & AX as Shuichi in his concert costume but I changed my mind to Ayame from Furuba. I'll probably be Shuichi next year =P

Quick question.. how did everyone get into Gravitation? As for me I rented it at Kinokuniya because I heard Seki Tomokazu had a main role in the series ^^ hehe

OMG crazy thing is that when my friend got the fansubs on VHS she watched the end of the Tape that had epi. 8 as the last one and it played my music video at the end ^^ It was so crazy! I had used Irresistible by Jessica Simpson for a Shuichi/Yuki video. By any chance, did anyone see that or her tape like the only one ^^;

Oh, FYI I'll be passing out CDs with some of my anime music videos at Fanime and there are 3 Gravi vids on it (2 Shuichi/Yuki & 1 goofy Shuichi & Ryuichi one!)

My friend heard about it and told me, but she wasn't into yaoi so I got her the first tape as a joke. I ended up getting addicted ^_____^

Ooooooo I hope I see ya - I'm all for Gravi amvs!

Chas
02-08-2003, 01:42 PM
Aaah.... I'd heard of it through a couple of the fansub distros I got my Anime through, and picked it up... and got SO addicted. XD

ryuichi fangirl
02-08-2003, 04:04 PM
I borrowed it from a friend who'd basically picked it up randomly from a fansub distributer...

ThatYaoiBoy
02-09-2003, 02:46 PM
I'm making a spiffy Mistah K AMV for Otakon ^__^ Hopefully I can submit it to the AMV show watch thing.. :D It'll be 100% Mr. K doing those.. gunnarific things to the song Shy Gun XD

ryuichi fangirl
02-10-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by ThatYaoiBoy
I'm making a spiffy Mistah K AMV for Otakon ^__^ Hopefully I can submit it to the AMV show watch thing.. :D It'll be 100% Mr. K doing those.. gunnarific things to the song Shy Gun XD

woot..Mistah K!! *dances*..ahh, that's cool..if it goes in the contest I'm SO voting for it...whee!

Babbit_Chan
02-10-2003, 09:41 PM
Yaaaaay K AMV!! You have GOT to get his engrish in there :D