PDA

View Full Version : First Time Doubts, Eep

Ferret Girl
01-17-2005, 09:35 PM
This year's Comic Con will be my first time cosplaying, and I think it'd be really fun and all but I think I'd feel really self-conscious about it. I guess I'd just feel odd doing it unless a lot of other people were too. >_< Did anyone else feel the same way their first time? How'd you get over it?

Reno_kun
01-17-2005, 10:35 PM
Trust me, no one will laugh at you and the fear that you have will be washed away the moment you step into the con. where you will see cosplayers about. if you still have any doubts feel free to pm me.

Kokuu
01-17-2005, 10:43 PM
I was really nervous the first time I cosplayed, since I had no idea what to expect. It was startling to suddenly be referred to as Fuu (the character I was cosplaying) and I wasn't used to strangers coming up and asking for my picture. But you get over it really quickly when you see so many other people in costume who have the same passion. Don't worry! Perhaps I'll see you there!

adachi_momo
01-17-2005, 11:31 PM
Hey, last year was my first time and I know exactly how you feel. ^^ What's worse is I went as Selphie and that little yellow jumper can make a looooooooooooooooot of nervousness build up, but it's totally awesome. I mean, so many people actually cosplay, so when you get there - you're one of the majority much less the minority ^^

Dany
01-18-2005, 11:54 AM
Don't worry! There are an amazing amount of people in costume, and the chances of someone recognizing who you are is also pretty high. The only thing I'll suggest is to be prepared for the paparazzi, as it were, especially if you're wearing something really elaborate. You'll get stopped near-constantly for photos. ;)

starlet_flower
01-18-2005, 03:35 PM
don't worry 'bout a thing! you'd be surprised at how many cosplayers you'd see there.

Scarlett
01-18-2005, 04:30 PM
I'm quite the extrovert and so I was really looking forward to it my first time at Anime Expo 04. I was so excited and proud and confident. Except, the whole wig issue had be second-guessing everything. Ick. I was crossplaying a boy, too. Seto Kaiba. But, it wasn't an issue for me. I had so much fun and will be doing it again this year.

ArimaSoichiro
01-18-2005, 09:24 PM
Last year was my first cosplay and it happend to be at the Comic-con. You can't believe my excitement/ nervousment( is that a word?) about how I looked. Was it nearly as good as other costumes? Did I look like the character? Sure questions like that ran through my mind but you should let those little things get in your way. You put effort and guts to do your cosplay, right? So you should be proud of what you've done. I know I was. But sometimes you can't help but be a bit embarrassed about being an anime/ comic character, I can sympathize with that. Cosplaying happens to be one of those little risks you take in life, not an all important life ending choice, but something between your own enjoyment and something you'll regret. Either take the risk, or walk away, your choice. Just be sure you won't regret it. I'm not pressuring you to do or do not do your cosplay, but more like tell you my perspective of how I went through the phase you probably are going through right now. If you want anymore encouraging words or just a talk, we at cosplay.com can help anyway we can. That's mainly the point of this site, right? You can always PM me, I'll always lend a hand if you ever need one. I hope to see you at Comic-con, and good luck with your costume and your decision.

Ferret Girl
01-18-2005, 10:44 PM
Thanks everyone! You guys talked me into it, and I finalized all the plans for my costume today. Just, no one throw things at me anything, I'm kinda cheating..not making it myself. Bought it off...eBay. Eeep, I know, wrong, yes? But I can't sew, neither can my mom or anyone I know.

So, I'll be the Chii in the shiny pink dress! Look for me. <3

adachi_momo
01-18-2005, 11:01 PM
No shame in getting it from ebay. ^^ True, things are best homemade, but it's not your fault for "not holding the skills", 'ey? And besides, it's your first time. Lol. I'll look for you there just to give you congrats and welcomes if I see you. ^^ I'll be the summoner Yuna.

Shibura Tsubasa
01-21-2005, 03:53 PM
My first convention I didnt actually cosplay. I went to the con for the first time, to get a feel of it, so that I wouldnt be scared or nervous ^_^ But I have to admit, that first step I took inside the con, even it being my first time, i regretted not dressing up.
Im what you call a ham, well for the most part.. but no worries, those butterflies in your stomach only last..ehh... 2 seconds ^_^ Its just awesome from there on out.

Ohh a Chii! This will be my first year going to Comic con(I live like 7 hours away and more of an Expo girl for SoCal cons :P But I will make sure to look out for a preey pink dress Chii!

alicenine
03-08-2005, 01:46 AM
LOOOOL! I accidently stumbled into this thread and I'm excited to see another Chii cosplayer going to SDCC! I saw that dress in yinyincs and it's amazing, isn't it? Anyway, what day(s) are you going? Maybe I could take your picture if I see you??? :0)

shagrath
04-14-2005, 02:37 PM
well, i was nervouse the first time i cosplayed... "dress... too lowcut...my make-up is smearing i know it..." lol that was just while i was in the car, but after a while i actually forgot i was in costume. my favorite memory of that night was after the con i was haning out with this group of people for an hour and they were like and once i had to go the finally said "i like your costume" i was so confused adn was all "huh? aren't i in normal clothes?" so i guess after that cosplay stuff became a second skin to me... lol

SnowDragonX
04-18-2005, 04:57 PM
oh my...another! yay! =^.^= well i would like to see what ur costume is like and don't worry it'll be fun. no one is going to stare or laugh at u. it was my first time going to the comic-con last year of 2004. it was soo fun. i got to do the weirdest things that are kinda like my personality but who cares. no one will really know u they would just know u as the character u r. don't think about these things that u r feeling right now about u doing cosplay just have fun. ^_^ (p.s.- we could meet at the comic-con. i'd like to take picture of u. i love taking pictures. yay!!! =D)