PDA

View Full Version : Ride from Toronto?

Wing_Goddess
01-18-2005, 12:47 AM
I'm thinking of maybe going to Otakon, but there is NO way i want to go by myself ;_; Is there anyone in/near the Toronto area that is thinking of going this year or even next that i could tag with? T.T

Amy the Yu
01-18-2005, 12:45 PM
Even though you're looking for people from TO and surroundings, I don't think this thread really belongs in "Canada Cosplay".

You'll probably get a better response here, but rules rules...they get confusing and inconvenient some times. -_-;;

I'll be going to Otakon, but I'll be living in Philadelphia before then, so I won't be making the trek all the way from here...only need to make the 1 hour drive down to Baltimore from Philly. I'll be making the whole sordid trek back up after Otakon though, since I plan to attend CN the weekend after, and unlike last year, I'd like at least a few day's rest before CN. (Last summer, by bus got into Toronto Saturday at 5am, by 10 am I had gone home, eaten food, dropped off luggage and was dragging myself w/ costume back downtown to the MTCC.)

Chibik3r0's going w/ a group of people, but they're kinda doing a "layover" at a friend's place on the way down and I don't remember what they were going to do on the way back up afterwards...

Ochika was wanting to get a car pool of TO (and surrounding) people going down together, but need drivers (as the drive is nearly 10 hours long since the 9 hour drive always seem to result in a rather clueless circling of Baltimore cause the streets are confusing to visitors), and need someone 25 to actually rent the vehicle.

However, is somehow Ochika does manage to find enough people to meet the requirements for it, I'm planning to stake out a spot in the ride so I don't have to make the return trip all alone.

As for the Otakon end of things, if you need people to stay with, me and my Philly friends are planning to take over and entire floor of the hotel so we can have our anime geek fun without disturbing anyone else staying in the hotel.

Michi
01-18-2005, 02:28 PM
I'm hoping on attending again this year, but no actual plans have been set out yet. =/ I'm sorry I can't help.

Even though you're looking for people from TO and surroundings, I don't think this thread really belongs in "Canada Cosplay".

You'll probably get a better response here, but rules rules...they get confusing and inconvenient some times. -_-;;

I think this is a special case. Looking for rides from Canada, and seeing which other Canadian cosplayers are going, fits here, I think. o.o

Chibik3r0
01-18-2005, 06:13 PM
I've been going to Otakon since 2002... I'd offer you a spot in my car, but we're more than likely to already have 5 people in the car, there won't be any room >_<

I'm even wondering if 5 will be too many... I had 5 in my car this past weekend for Ohayocon and the car was STUFFED between all our cosplay stuff and the bodies.

Try looking into Greyhound? I know it's been done before by some people. Good luck ^_^

Amy the Yu
01-18-2005, 06:37 PM
Try looking into Greyhound? I know it's been done before by some people. Good luck ^_^

Greyhound's my speciality. XD

I've been working my summers in Philly since 2002, and now there's the regular visits to see my boyfriend in NJ (only about an hour away from Philly in the opposite direction of Baltimore), so I've taken the insane bus ride more times than anyone should ever have to (and I'll be doing it again in February for Katsucon and reading week).

I've also taken the plane down and back, so I know how that one works as well...although I don't like it as much cause I'd rather spend more time on a bus than spend more $.

I'll mostly keep my place in Philly until a couple of days after Otakon, so if anyone wants someone to ride bus with all the way back, you're welcome to hitch a ride with me and my friends back to Philly after the con ends and we can do a couple of days of sightseeing and stuff before the long trek back.

FYI, I recommend NOT taking the bus from Baltimore cause Greyhound USA's cheapest rates go by range of distance, and Philly (which is about an hour closer to Toronto than Baltimore is) is at 485 miles, so anything further would cost another giant leap in price.

Jo_Canadian
01-18-2005, 08:43 PM
i have been looking for a way to go and a place to stay but i am pretty much boned when it comes to the state room