PDA

View Full Version : Sango (from Inuyasha)'s commoner outfit

Tenshi Zeruelle
01-18-2005, 03:43 PM
would her pink/purple/green ensemble be considered a yukata or a kimono? (im a newbie i have no clue :3)

how can i make her green skirt thingy have no split in the back? like how the creators fashioned her skirt to be? thanks!

Hikari Kiara
01-18-2005, 04:59 PM
for the kimono, I think it was meant to be a simplistic kimono, but a yukata pattern would work too, and woul be easier! For the skirt, you could try to simply follow a pattern for a green skirt an wear it over the kimono.
Some good patterns for kimonos:
Butterick - B6698
Simplicity - 5839

Best of luck with that!

Kumi-chan
01-18-2005, 09:36 PM
I've heard her outfit referred to more as a yukata than a kimono...maybe because it has just straight sleeves, instead of the long pocket ones. It probably has a more proper name, but then I'm not an expert on fuedal Japanese wear. Then again, all traditional Japanese clothing can technically be called kimono...but as far as specifics go, I'd call it a yukata and leave it at that.

As for the skirt, I'm planning on doing a wrap-around skirt with a waistband for my Sango village-girl outfit. I have to redo it, since my first apron only covered the front. It'll be similar to a sarong with a waist tie. That way, there's no visible split in the back, and it still has the waistband that ties at the middle of her back. (Which hers is supposed to do, according to some screenshots I've found of her...lower back. Unfortunately, they all seem to contain at least part of Miroku's hand, as well.) The skirt/apron should wrap around your waist at least one and a half times: I think having it wrap fully around your legs twice might restrict your movement too much.

Kate-chan
01-23-2005, 03:58 PM
It's a yakuta, 'nuff said.

sesshy_lover_CP
01-24-2005, 04:14 PM
I'm goin to make a sango outfit too, the battle suit one with the hiraikotsu. I'm making it with Hikari Kiara she's my friend from school. =)

Reiko
01-24-2005, 07:55 PM
what I did was just ask for the lenght I need for the skirt and sew it up leaving the two ends open so I could slip in it.I tired it around my waist and used and obi ^_^

Sangos outfit she wears is a yukata, notice the sleeves and the obi. ^_^

Tenshi Zeruelle
02-03-2005, 09:56 PM
what I did was just ask for the lenght I need for the skirt and sew it up leaving the two ends open so I could slip in it.I tired it around my waist and used and obi ^_^

Sangos outfit she wears is a yukata, notice the sleeves and the obi. ^_^

but how do i tie an obi? and how do i tie it to make it look like hers?

Reiko
02-04-2005, 08:22 PM
it was simple really.

make a square from the material you are making it from and that you like the size. pinch it in the middle it should look like a bow. just make a band to fit around your waist. I used hooks and eyes to hook it around my waist. and just sewed the bow on to and end (in the back)

>_> I hope that made some sense